Auotgraphing Pops?

We're not talking about soda, folks. This forum is dedicated to Funko's stylish Pop! series of vinyl figures, with or without springs.
Forum rules
This section is for general Pop discussion, not showing off your recent acquisitions. Please use the Dance Hall for collection addition pictures.

Please post Funko subscription box and item discussions in the Powered By Funko section.
Ginzo1622

Re: Auotgraphing Pops?

Postby Ginzo1622 » Sun Aug 28, 2022 8:31 pm

[quote="GarrettCipp"][quote="BRiley0216"]Some like them, I am OOB so no go for me[/quote]

At an Avengers premiere my wife snuck in a OOB Thor into the signing area and we got Chris Hemsworth to sign the back of the head and take a picture with it. It’s such a sloppy signature because the bumps of the hair but it was such an awesome memory![/quote]

It's definitely a personal grail for you
Fundays 2022 - Proto Robots
Fright Night 2022
Fundays 2023 - Protomoa Wolves

Don't stand in my way!!!

:whdat:

rexflexall

Postby rexflexall » Mon Aug 29, 2022 12:29 pm

Last Pop I got signed was a Stan Lee Japan glow Spidey from the last Vegas con he attended here :-(, miss the guy!

FunkoEmu

Postby FunkoEmu » Mon Aug 29, 2022 12:52 pm

Once I get my room finished (I just moved), I'll snap a few pictures of my autographs. Looking forwards to getting a few more done this coming weekend (DragonCon).
ImageImage
SDCC: 2023, 2024
DragonCon: 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023, 2024
NYCC: 2018, 2019, 2021, 2022, 2023, 2024

FunCo010

Postby FunCo010 » Mon Aug 29, 2022 1:51 pm

My most "valuable" signed pop is a Freddy signed by Mike Becker. Imo a grail, because it's Mike's autograph lol lol
PLEASE FOLLOW ME ON INSTAGRAM: FUNCO010

dolphinax2

Postby dolphinax2 » Mon Aug 29, 2022 2:28 pm

[quote="Ginzo1622"][quote="GarrettCipp"][quote="BRiley0216"]Some like them, I am OOB so no go for me[/quote]

At an Avengers premiere my wife snuck in a OOB Thor into the signing area and we got Chris Hemsworth to sign the back of the head and take a picture with it. It’s such a sloppy signature because the bumps of the hair but it was such an awesome memory![/quote]

It's definitely a personal grail for you[/quote]

That is so awesome, congrats
Hi. I'm Jeanne (Go by Gina).
I like Nightmare Before Christmas and anything else that catches my eye :)
FUNKO FUNKLUB #13433

[b]Fundays:2015,2016,2017,2018,2019,2020[/b]
Funko Fright Night2016
Funko Hollywood Grand Opening
World Premiere - Making Fun
Funko Virtual Con 2020
Funkon 2021
FDO 6,7,8 & 9
https://i.ibb.co/wg3cKBx/hJXGyyX.png

willy wonka
Collector of the Month
Collector of the Month

Postby willy wonka » Mon Aug 29, 2022 2:33 pm

Just got some of my Futurama pops signed by Billy West. Love getting autographed pops.
Just call me Joe...

ImageImage
ISO: Freddy Mad Hatter LE 1/24, Mad Hatter Protos,
SDCC 4 Pack Dorbz(Found thanks to another Funatic)

FunkoEmu

Postby FunkoEmu » Mon Aug 29, 2022 3:40 pm

[quote="willy wonka"]Just got some of my Futurama pops signed by Billy West. Love getting autographed pops.[/quote]
I got all 4 of his Futurama characters signed by him. He did all the voices for me while he signed them. It was AWESOME!
ImageImage

Stragon

Postby Stragon » Mon Aug 29, 2022 6:17 pm

[quote="FunkoEmu"][quote="willy wonka"]Just got some of my Futurama pops signed by Billy West. Love getting autographed pops.[/quote]
I got all 4 of his Futurama characters signed by him. He did all the voices for me while he signed them. It was AWESOME![/quote]

How cool is that, doing the voices as he signed. Cool. I've got a few voice actors to sign some of my pops.
FUNKO FUNDAYS: 2016,2018,2019,2022
Funko Hollywood Grand Opening
World Premiere - Making Fun
Funko Virtual Con 2020
Funko Mask O Raid 2022

Elewitt2022

Postby Elewitt2022 » Tue Aug 30, 2022 9:11 am

[quote="FunkoEmu"]Once I get my room finished (I just moved), I'll snap a few pictures of my autographs. Looking forwards to getting a few more done this coming weekend (DragonCon).[/quote]

Who are you hoping to get at DragonCon this year?
Instagram: @suplexrd

:freddy3:

rexflexall

Postby rexflexall » Tue Aug 30, 2022 10:55 am

I always wanted one from Punisher's Jon Bernthal!

brinkleytroy

Postby brinkleytroy » Tue Aug 30, 2022 12:43 pm

I have no autographed funkos but that is about to change. I have a Con coming up soon and the voice actor for DEKU and Ichigo will be here. Definitely getting my funko box signed.

FunkoEmu

Postby FunkoEmu » Tue Aug 30, 2022 3:16 pm

[quote="Elewitt2022"][quote="FunkoEmu"]Once I get my room finished (I just moved), I'll snap a few pictures of my autographs. Looking forwards to getting a few more done this coming weekend (DragonCon).[/quote]

Who are you hoping to get at DragonCon this year?[/quote]
Lauren Ridloff (on Makkari)
Anson Mount (on Black Bolt)
Morena Baccarin (on Deadpool)

I was planning to get Nathan Mitchell to sign Black Noir, but he had to cancel. :crybaby:
ImageImage

MPF223

Postby MPF223 » Tue Aug 30, 2022 4:01 pm

[quote="rexflexall"]I always wanted one from Punisher's Jon Bernthal![/quote]

He signs a lot!!!

Mert24

Postby Mert24 » Tue Aug 30, 2022 4:58 pm

I got pretty much all the big horror figures signed by the various actors in some form or another, my fav being Robert England. I enjoy having the autos and they really make great pieces to get autographs on.
:freddy4:

Arcadefunko

Postby Arcadefunko » Tue Aug 30, 2022 6:48 pm

[quote="Elewitt2022"]I have been collecting Funko for a few years now, and I got my first autographed Pops as part of a completist effort for my Scott Pilgrim set.

And then for a little while, I started picking up some random autographed Pops from local shops who could vouch for the signatures, and then I sent away items to autograph companies when they had interesting celebrities I could find Pops for. Eventually I even bought some on ebay, although these felt the most sketchy, with or without the various authentication stickers. [-o<

But ultimately, I decided that having an item signed in front of me, personalized with my own name right there on the box was the most satisfying. Each signed pop has a story now, and when its displayed on my shelf, its so much more meaningful! I understand that the personalization makes it less valuable, but it can't always be about resale, right? 8-[

Its definitely harder to get, but there are a few cons where you can get up close and request signatures, so I just keep an eye our for who will be visiting, and bring my own pop to be signed. :bounce:

I am curious how others on the board feel about autographs in general, and about personalization especially.

Also, if others know of good places to find signings, please share. I live in Atlanta, so Dragon Con is a great source for me each year![/quote]

Love them. Currently waiting for Harrison Ford and Hamill.
IG: @arcadefunko

Marvel_Mama

Postby Marvel_Mama » Tue Aug 30, 2022 7:24 pm

I think the autographs are cool but only if i get done in person. I enjoy the story and the experience of it rather than just sending in. I dont personalize because i assume one day these go to my kids so want them to be able to choose to do with what they want.
Diedre Loves her Funko Family
marvel_mama444 on insta - formerly Divade23 Marvel_Mama

Marvel_Mama

Postby Marvel_Mama » Tue Aug 30, 2022 7:24 pm

[quote="GarrettCipp"][quote="BRiley0216"]Some like them, I am OOB so no go for me[/quote]

Now that would an amazing experience. What a good idea on her part!!
Diedre Loves her Funko Family
marvel_mama444 on insta - formerly Divade23 Marvel_Mama

Skylirson

Postby Skylirson » Wed Aug 31, 2022 12:29 am

When I go to NYCC this year I'm planning on getting my SpongeBob pop signed by Tom Kenny the voice actor because I would always watch it.
Insta @skylir.son
Twitter @thefunkoman23 :freddy3:
Fundays 2022 Line Leader
Fright Night II 2022
Funko Buckeye Sale
FDO 9 Phoenix

Elewitt2022

Postby Elewitt2022 » Wed Aug 31, 2022 7:39 am

[quote="FunkoEmu"][quote="Elewitt2022"][quote="FunkoEmu"]Once I get my room finished (I just moved), I'll snap a few pictures of my autographs. Looking forwards to getting a few more done this coming weekend (DragonCon).[/quote]

Who are you hoping to get at DragonCon this year?[/quote]
Lauren Ridloff (on Makkari)
Anson Mount (on Black Bolt)
Morena Baccarin (on Deadpool)

I was planning to get Nathan Mitchell to sign Black Noir, but he had to cancel. :crybaby:[/quote]

Yah, I saw that Black Noir had to cancel. That would have been a good one. There are other cast members from the Boys attending, but sadly they do not have pops!

Morena Baccarin and Laruen Ridloff should be nice to meet in person. The best part of Dragon Con is the meet and greet room.

I don't remember who Black Bolt is in the MCU, but I do like the actor on the new Star Trek series.

Have a great time, and good luck with the autographs!

Elewitt2022

Postby Elewitt2022 » Wed Aug 31, 2022 7:42 am

[quote="Arcadefunko"][quote="Elewitt2022"]I have been collecting Funko for a few years now, and I got my first autographed Pops as part of a completist effort for my Scott Pilgrim set.

And then for a little while, I started picking up some random autographed Pops from local shops who could vouch for the signatures, and then I sent away items to autograph companies when they had interesting celebrities I could find Pops for. Eventually I even bought some on ebay, although these felt the most sketchy, with or without the various authentication stickers. [-o<

But ultimately, I decided that having an item signed in front of me, personalized with my own name right there on the box was the most satisfying. Each signed pop has a story now, and when its displayed on my shelf, its so much more meaningful! I understand that the personalization makes it less valuable, but it can't always be about resale, right? 8-[

Its definitely harder to get, but there are a few cons where you can get up close and request signatures, so I just keep an eye our for who will be visiting, and bring my own pop to be signed. :bounce:

I am curious how others on the board feel about autographs in general, and about personalization especially.

Also, if others know of good places to find signings, please share. I live in Atlanta, so Dragon Con is a great source for me each year![/quote]

Love them. Currently waiting for Harrison Ford and Hamill.[/quote]

WOW! Harrison Ford ! I have considered it so many times, but they charge so much for his signings, and then they charge you a bunch more to do it on a pop!! That's great! I hope you enjoy it!

Is Mark Hamill as expensive, or is he more reasonable? It seems like he makes himself more available, so maybe more opportunities for a signing.

Elewitt2022

Postby Elewitt2022 » Wed Aug 31, 2022 7:44 am

[quote="brinkleytroy"]I have no autographed funkos but that is about to change. I have a Con coming up soon and the voice actor for DEKU and Ichigo will be here. Definitely getting my funko box signed.[/quote]

That's exciting. I hope you enjoy the experience.

Are you going to have it personalized? Or keep it just their signature?

brinkleytroy

Postby brinkleytroy » Wed Aug 31, 2022 8:08 am

Thanks. Just depends on what the costs will be hahaha. But most likely I will have it personalized with one of the lines they say from the show.

rexflexall

Postby rexflexall » Wed Aug 31, 2022 10:52 am

[quote="MPF223"][quote="rexflexall"]I always wanted one from Punisher's Jon Bernthal![/quote]

He signs a lot!!![/quote]

Wish he was coming to a Vegas con anytime soon!

Arcadefunko

Postby Arcadefunko » Wed Aug 31, 2022 7:17 pm

Elewitt2022 wrote:
Arcadefunko wrote:
Elewitt2022 wrote:I have been collecting Funko for a few years now, and I got my first autographed Pops as part of a completist effort for my Scott Pilgrim set.

Also, if others know of good places to find signings, please share. I live in Atlanta, so Dragon Con is a great source for me each year!

Love them. Currently waiting for Harrison Ford and Hamill.

WOW! Harrison Ford ! I have considered it so many times, but they charge so much for his signings, and then they charge you a bunch more to do it on a pop!! That's great! I hope you enjoy it!

Is Mark Hamill as expensive, or is he more reasonable? It seems like he makes himself more available, so maybe more opportunities for a signing.

I think is more reasonable. $400-500
IG: @arcadefunko

MPF223

Postby MPF223 » Wed Aug 31, 2022 7:20 pm

Brendan fraser is gonna be at nycc this year excited to meet him in person and get his autograph

bigant212

Postby bigant212 » Wed Aug 31, 2022 7:55 pm

I like getting pops signed over action figures or just 8x10 photos of the person. Just make sure you use paint pens! looking forward to getting my moon knight signed at nycc

Geescube
HoF 2016 & CotM
HoF 2016 & CotM

Postby Geescube » Thu Sep 01, 2022 12:27 am

I love my collection. They arent in an easy place to get A pic but i should do that soon.

My last picture is long out of date now :)

rexflexall

Postby rexflexall » Thu Sep 01, 2022 11:25 am

Need to get a few more Kevin Eastman signed TMNT Pops!

Elewitt2022

Postby Elewitt2022 » Tue Sep 06, 2022 9:35 am

MPF223 wrote:Brendan fraser is gonna be at nycc this year excited to meet him in person and get his autograph

We are on the waitlist for NYCC tix, but if we get them, Brendan Fraser is on the top of the list. Also, Oscar Isaac and Felicia Day will be there for autographs.....fingers crossed.

willy wonka
Collector of the Month
Collector of the Month

Postby willy wonka » Tue Sep 06, 2022 9:38 am

Elewitt2022 wrote:
MPF223 wrote:Brendan fraser is gonna be at nycc this year excited to meet him in person and get his autograph

We are on the waitlist for NYCC tix, but if we get them, Brendan Fraser is on the top of the list. Also, Oscar Isaac and Felicia Day will be there for autographs.....fingers crossed.

I think Saturday is the only day sold out. I know some people who bought tickets last week.
Just call me Joe...

ImageImage
ISO: Freddy Mad Hatter LE 1/24, Mad Hatter Protos,
SDCC 4 Pack Dorbz(Found thanks to another Funatic)

Xenomorph

Postby Xenomorph » Tue Sep 06, 2022 9:48 am

Elewitt2022 wrote:I have been collecting Funko for a few years now, and I got my first autographed Pops as part of a completist effort for my Scott Pilgrim set.

Also, if others know of good places to find signings, please share. I live in Atlanta, so Dragon Con is a great source for me each year!

I have 3 autographed pops
-Majin vegeta signed by Chris Sabat
-Zack Ryder signed by Zack Ryder
Conan signed by, well you get the idea

The main pop I'd like to get signed is my gold Luke Skywalker from Fundays 2019. I haven't had an opportunity to get Mark Hamills autograph since the world shut down but I plan to at some point!

alf_ie

Postby alf_ie » Wed Sep 07, 2022 12:35 am

I prefer obtaining autographs in person, or directly from the celebrity internet shop. I won't go out on resale to pay for an autograph for a celebrity I haven't met. Helps me save money and relieve my paranoia about getting a fake.
Fundays
2014 San Diego
2015 San Diego
2016 San Diego
2017 San Diego
2022 San Diego
2023 San Diego

Funkoween
2016 San Diego

Making Fun Movie Premiere
2018 Hollywood

FunKon
2021 Hollywood

IN SEARCH OF: 2011 Funko Freddy Flav any color
IN SEARCH OF: 2023 Funko Freddy Lex Luthor

Elewitt2022

Postby Elewitt2022 » Sat Sep 10, 2022 5:42 pm

So glad to read everyone's thoughts about autographed pops! Seems like most people like to have it done in the presence of the celebrity, and that makes sense to me as well for so many reasons.

Not many responses about personalization though, so I guess that means most people do not get the item signed with a personal note or with their name.

I still like to have it done that way.

Looking forward this NYCC to getting Brendan Fraser, Oscar Isaac and Christopher Lloyd autographed pops!

wookieepool

Postby wookieepool » Sun Sep 11, 2022 12:20 am

I agree with the OP that signatures are best when there is an experience behind them. I only have 1 signed Pop! as of now. It was a signature of opportunity when I discovered that Sam de la Rosa was at his own SDCC booth, quietly signing. I managed to not only get a Venom signed but got to Sam early enough to get him to do art work for my too. It is truly a personal grail for me now.
Most call me Emily, some call me Wookiee.

FunkoPDX

Postby FunkoPDX » Mon Sep 12, 2022 7:39 pm

Elewitt2022 wrote:So glad to read everyone's thoughts about autographed pops! Seems like most people like to have it done in the presence of the celebrity, and that makes sense to me as well for so many reasons.

Not many responses about personalization though, so I guess that means most people do not get the item signed with a personal note or with their name.

I still like to have it done that way.

Looking forward this NYCC to getting Brendan Fraser, Oscar Isaac and Christopher Lloyd autographed pops!

So excited for Oscar Isaac!
Still debating on Brendan and Christopher. I'm all about getting the experience and having a story behind the autograph. Just hard to pay top dollar for an autograph and not getting the experience behind it.
Cheers Funko Fam!

Rcmal1

Postby Rcmal1 » Tue Sep 13, 2022 5:02 pm

Fugly16 wrote:I like sigs, only got a few but when presented with the opportunity I say why not.

I agree, I think it is cool to get them personally signed. As long as you are planning on keeping that Pop!

dawnsky717

Postby dawnsky717 » Wed Sep 14, 2022 10:02 am

I have Hellboy Pops for the original cast, with 2 of the 3 signed. Now I just need to find Ron Perlman!

rexflexall

Postby rexflexall » Wed Sep 14, 2022 11:53 am

It's your pops, sign away!!

hailmary25

Postby hailmary25 » Wed Sep 14, 2022 1:25 pm

I love getting my pops signed. I have over 80 at this point. In the beginning I was getting people going to different cons to get them for me but I quickly grew out of space.

Now like you have limited myself to getting in person only so that I can have the memory of meeting them too.

That is unless I just know they will never be at a con I go too. Like some of the smaller English actors for HP or DW and so on.

I don't usually get my name but love to have them out a quote.
Signed Pops:101
MM: 116
Pops :554
First Pop: Jax Teller
Most Recent: Signed DW Silence
Top Pop: Cobweb Bilbo

Str3ak19

Postby Str3ak19 » Mon Sep 19, 2022 1:56 am

Me and the Girlfriend love meeting the voice actors to our favorite shows and getting our pops signed. We have made some really cool memories meeting and chatting with them.

Billy West was absolutely amazing, he kept switching through his voices mid conversation based on what pops I brought to be signed.

We get a few signed at each con.

Return to “Pop!”