Online Fright Night Box update

We're not talking about soda, folks. This forum is dedicated to Funko's stylish Pop! series of vinyl figures, with or without springs.
Forum rules
This section is for general Pop discussion, not showing off your recent acquisitions. Please use the Dance Hall for collection addition pictures.

Please post Funko subscription box and item discussions in the Powered By Funko section.
squidward

Re: Online Fright Night Box update

Postby squidward » Sat Oct 01, 2022 4:53 pm

popfanboy wrote:
Chingy wrote:They're not all the same boxes. I've seen a few versions. Doesn't look like they'll have the variety of the Box of Fun but still some ultra-cool Freddy's coming in.

Only trend I've noticed is the Pops being the same with each of the two "mascots", Hannibal and Nosferatu. I've not taken the time, nor do I want to lol , to count all the variations of sodas paired together.

The Pops I've seen are great. I will always want as many different Freddy's as possible :-) so i would have loved to see a few more varieties. There seem to be a great assortment of Sodas. Overall, this box is great for a Freddy Soda collector (yay me) and a Freddy collector in general.
Member of TUFF. Attended: Fundays 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, Virtual 2021, 2022. HQ Grand Opening. Hollywood Grand Opening. Making Fun Premiere. Funkon 1 & 2. Fright Night 1. Multiple SDCC, NYCC, ECCC, Fugitive Parties. Lover of Funko Artist Sketches.

popfanboy
HOF 2022 & Spirit
HOF 2022 & Spirit

Postby popfanboy » Sat Oct 01, 2022 5:01 pm

These are the soda counts I have so far from what I've seen. There are two variations of the Mr. Hyde can, but I haven't seen anyone open those yet to see if that is an error or the figures are different. Can art looks the same. It seems with this list we're still missing a soda or two.

Masked Worker 3,000
Masked Solider 4,000
Mr. Hyde 3,000
Mr. Hyde 4,000
Devil 5,000
Devil (All Red) 3,000
Fright Night Shirt 5,000
Fright Night Shirt (Blacklight) (Blue Hair) 3,000
Fright Night Shirt (Blacklight) (Pink Hair) 5,000
Spirit 3,000
Spirit (Blue) 2,000
Werewolf 4,000
Werewolf (Blue) 2,000
Player 456 3,000
Player 111 3,000
Dr. Jekyll 4,000

Total: 56,000
Last edited by popfanboy on Sat Oct 01, 2022 5:09 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Tanner
I'm an artist who dreams of working for Funko one day.
Check out some of my drawings!
Follow me on Instagram @popfanboy
ISO Any Bat Boy, Oswald the Lucky Rabbit, or Ghostbuster ghost protos!

DarkSonic

Postby DarkSonic » Sat Oct 01, 2022 5:06 pm

Player 111 - 3000
Masked Soldier 4000

Masked Worker looks like 3000 - maybe you got those mixed
WonderCon Fun House 23 - Camp Fundays 23

popfanboy
HOF 2022 & Spirit
HOF 2022 & Spirit

Postby popfanboy » Sat Oct 01, 2022 5:08 pm

DarkSonic wrote:Player 111 - 3000
Masked Soldier 4000

Masked Worker looks like 3000 - maybe you got those mixed

Yup! I had that mixed up and didn't even realize there were two guards until I just saw a picture. And didn't even know about Player 111 until you mentioned it so thank you! Looks like we're almost done then.
Tanner

popfanboy
HOF 2022 & Spirit
HOF 2022 & Spirit

Postby popfanboy » Sat Oct 01, 2022 5:14 pm

If the duplicate Mr. Hyde isn't just a can error and the list is correct so far I wouldn't be shocked if the last missing soda is a Masked Manager LE 4,000 to complete the Squid Game guard set. Four Squid Game Sodas so far is a lot.
Tanner

DG_FunkPoppa

Postby DG_FunkPoppa » Sat Oct 01, 2022 6:53 pm

Definitely not the same boxes. Many different variations! There is. Dr Jekyll soda that glows in the dark which is pretty awesome.

willy wonka
Collector of the Month
Collector of the Month

Postby willy wonka » Sat Oct 01, 2022 7:12 pm

Love what I am seeing so far. These are my type of boxes!!
Just call me Joe...

ImageImage
ISO: Freddy Mad Hatter LE 1/24, Mad Hatter Protos,
SDCC 4 Pack Dorbz(Found thanks to another Funatic)

mongoose12

Postby mongoose12 » Sat Oct 01, 2022 8:18 pm

DG_FunkPoppa wrote:Definitely not the same boxes. Many different variations! There is. Dr Jekyll soda that glows in the dark which is pretty awesome.

I’m ok with needing both, glow and non glow lol. I’m ready for this ride.

Jade-Rex

Postby Jade-Rex » Sat Oct 01, 2022 8:22 pm

My first impression is positive! I really like the sodas and can't wait to see what my box contains! The pops I like less so far, but seeing them in person will be the deciding factor. I think the lack of variety with the pops is what's limiting it. But maybe there's more to be revealed.
Pop count: 300+ (lost count lol)
Dream Pop: Fantasy Barbarian Bakugo
ISO: Bakugo Proto, Picklez and Chester holo cards
Lines I Miss: Wetmore Forest, Boo Hollow

squidward

Postby squidward » Sat Oct 01, 2022 9:32 pm

I am excited to get my Hannibal box. I will likely get all of the Sodas at some point, but let the hype die down for a bit. I may be in the minority, but I would have liked to see a chase or two. Maybe in the LE5000 Sodas which would have made them much more exciting to get if there was an LE800 chase to find.
Member of TUFF. Attended: Fundays 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, Virtual 2021, 2022. HQ Grand Opening. Hollywood Grand Opening. Making Fun Premiere. Funkon 1 & 2. Fright Night 1. Multiple SDCC, NYCC, ECCC, Fugitive Parties. Lover of Funko Artist Sketches.

hawkman2

Postby hawkman2 » Sat Oct 01, 2022 10:14 pm

I'm done with all the Squid Game Sodas / Pops, at this point it's overkill. Wanted more Universal Monsters the Classics. And Glows.

Blaze1981

Postby Blaze1981 » Sat Oct 01, 2022 11:30 pm

They could've done so much better on this box.. Am I speaking to soon if I say there isn't limited pops but limited soda counts?? I hope not.. Then again on a business stand point they probably trying to get more fans get into soda pop as well.

GimmeFunkoNow

Postby GimmeFunkoNow » Sat Oct 01, 2022 11:39 pm

The box of fun is better than this one. For me.
Last edited by GimmeFunkoNow on Sun Oct 02, 2022 1:47 am, edited 1 time in total.

scullysdad

Postby scullysdad » Sat Oct 01, 2022 11:49 pm

I am so glad the people who thought Nosferatu and Hannibal would be the only Freddy Pops were wrong. I do wish the Pops in the box were more limited but I doubt anything at the event will be more than 2k pieces.
Please Funko make Taylor Swift Pops!

Most wanted non-Taylor Pops: Carson Teva, Naru from Prey, The Last of Us TV show

AnyGivenFunko

Postby AnyGivenFunko » Sat Oct 01, 2022 11:55 pm

I love the different variants of sodas from the fright night boxes. I can't wait to see what I get. I mainly want to collect the squid game sodas. Let's trade!
Dennis
IG: AnyGivenFunko

Funko Events: "17, "22, and "23 Fundays, "Making Fun" Hollywood Premiere, Irvine Spectrum PEZ event, Funko Hollywood Grand Opening, FDO8, FDO9, FunKon Hollywood, "22 & "23 Mask-O-raid, Fright Night II, Bob's Big Boy

mikechickenhead

Postby mikechickenhead » Sat Oct 01, 2022 11:57 pm

Love creature and Nosferatu pops.. Zombie is pretty cool.. Like the sodas except not bug on squid or jekyl/hyde/devil
HEY HO! FUNKO!

ImageImage Image Image
Fundays. 3 FDO. 3

LucyAnn

Postby LucyAnn » Sun Oct 02, 2022 1:09 am

I love the White Bloody Zombie - I also think we will see some surprises

FireFist

Postby FireFist » Sun Oct 02, 2022 1:25 am

Seeing the reveals, makes me kind of sad I missed out on the Nosferatu box, I really like Nosferatu Freddy and Black and white bloody zombie freddy looks cool. The sodas look amzing , but gotta be honest I am more hyped to get the actual box in hand. The design on the box looks really nice and something to remember compared to the box of fun for sdcc, can't wait to display it.
    Image Image
Iso:One Piece and Yugioh Protos
Instagram:@stardust.singh

digithor

Postby digithor » Sun Oct 02, 2022 2:19 am

DG_FunkPoppa wrote:Definitely not the same boxes. Many different variations! There is. Dr Jekyll soda that glows in the dark which is pretty awesome.

Oh a glowing version, I want to see a picture of that.
SDCC 2018, 2019, 2022, 2023
Fundays 2018, 2019, 2021, 2023
HQ Grand Opening, ECCC Night and meetup at HQ, Hollywood Grand Opening, World Premier Making fun
Horror fanatic, GiTD collector, Star Wars
ImageImageImageImage

GarrettCipp

Postby GarrettCipp » Sun Oct 02, 2022 2:38 am

hawkman2 wrote:I'm done with all the Squid Game Sodas / Pops, at this point it's overkill. Wanted more Universal Monsters the Classics. And Glows.

Same! I was done with them after the BOF, very sad to see they’re still spilling over into this box
Hi, I’m Garrett!
First Pop 2014
ISO: Hong Kong Phooey. Fred Flintstone. White Ranger
Insta @ambadassador

:drum:

aprilyoufools

Postby aprilyoufools » Sun Oct 02, 2022 2:51 am

FireFist wrote:Seeing the reveals, makes me kind of sad I missed out on the Nosferatu box, I really like Nosferatu Freddy and Black and white bloody zombie freddy looks cool. The sodas look amzing , but gotta be honest I am more hyped to get the actual box in hand. The design on the box looks really nice and something to remember compared to the box of fun for sdcc, can't wait to display it.

Yeah, the actual box is gonna be a great display piece. I wonder if there's gonna be slight differences with the box design for the event BOF, like how there was with this year's Fundays BOF.
she/they • ARMY | MOA | Bunnies/Tokki | FEARNOT

Greek187

Postby Greek187 » Sun Oct 02, 2022 3:11 am

Wow I’m shocked - alot of people don’t like what’s shown
Funko POP collector since 2015
Wife and Husband hobby for both of us
Couples funatics!
EVENTS
Sdcc 2023 :freddy3: Image
WENT TO -.Hollywood grand opening ,Wondercon 23 , FUNKON 1 2021 opening day,,

PopTartDownUnder
Rookie Of The year
Rookie Of The year

Postby PopTartDownUnder » Sun Oct 02, 2022 5:43 am

yupyeahuhhuh wrote:
PopTartDownUnder wrote:
yupyeahuhhuh wrote:Wow. Palms are still sweaty. That was rough. But was able to get a box and tshirt! Cant' wait.

Oh wow, what T-shirt did you get? :cherry:

I got the Fright Night Tee. I think the infinite loop helped me order the shirt. I had my cell phone browser running and able to refresh on my computer to try to order, when I saw the shirt and decided to add it too. The delay in processing helped confirm the shirt order. I know I lucked out and it was a risky move. And I had both browser (computer and cell phone) load into the check out process at the same time. Once I confirmed processing through my laptop with the shirt order, I closed the cell phone browser for good karma, didnt want to order two BoFs.

Oh of course, the Fright Night tee! :cheers: Somehow I missed the fact that the shirt was dropping at the same time. It was one of my fav items announced for NYCC 2022. So well done on nabbing one too! That's awesome. I went back to order the tee later but separate shipping to Australia would have killed me.

Follow me on Instagram: @Pop_Tart_Down_Under

:freddy2:

PopTartDownUnder
Rookie Of The year
Rookie Of The year

Postby PopTartDownUnder » Sun Oct 02, 2022 5:51 am

hawkman2 wrote:I'm done with all the Squid Game Sodas / Pops, at this point it's overkill. Wanted more Universal Monsters the Classics. And Glows.

Yeah I'm with you on this. I'm not a Squid Game fan. But even if I was, surely 3 Pops in the BOF (that looks almost identical) and 3 Sodas in this Fright Night box (that also look almost identical) is overkill?

Weird that they are the only modern licenced TV show / movie among classic characters. I would have loved more monsters and glow items too.

jumpinlilies

Postby jumpinlilies » Sun Oct 02, 2022 9:05 am

squidward wrote:
popfanboy wrote:
Chingy wrote:They're not all the same boxes. I've seen a few versions. Doesn't look like they'll have the variety of the Box of Fun but still some ultra-cool Freddy's coming in.

Only trend I've noticed is the Pops being the same with each of the two "mascots", Hannibal and Nosferatu. I've not taken the time, nor do I want to lol , to count all the variations of sodas paired together.

The Pops I've seen are great. I will always want as many different Freddy's as possible :-) so i would have loved to see a few more varieties. There seem to be a great assortment of Sodas. Overall, this box is great for a Freddy Soda collector (yay me) and a Freddy collector in general.

I agree. If you love collecting freddys then it's a great box. At the same time I was hoping to see really great freddy pops like freddy as ghostface or freddy as Jack Skellington but overall I am happy with the selection of freddys. My favorite box for pops is the Nos box. I'm still hoping that maybe they threw in a few 2000 piece variations of the pops. Only time will tell I guess,

jumpinlilies

Postby jumpinlilies » Sun Oct 02, 2022 9:09 am

GarrettCipp wrote:

Same! I was done with them after the BOF, very sad to see they’re still spilling over into this box

Funny thing is I never watched squid games but apart from the player pops/sodas I actually like the variations they have been doing. Lol I think they look cool.

jumpinlilies

Postby jumpinlilies » Sun Oct 02, 2022 9:15 am

Jade-Rex wrote:My first impression is positive! I really like the sodas and can't wait to see what my box contains! The pops I like less so far, but seeing them in person will be the deciding factor. I think the lack of variety with the pops is what's limiting it. But maybe there's more to be revealed.

Apart from the ghost freddy I really dont like the pops in the Hannibal box. To me the Nos box got the cooler looking pops ... So far the sodas are great ... I just dont like the all red devil or the all blue warewolf or the squid games player sodas ... those dont make sense to me ...

Antman

Postby Antman » Sun Oct 02, 2022 9:38 am

Got my Box of Fright-Nosferatu version (I live close to the distribution center in Goodyear, so shipping time is minimal).

Also got Freddy as Zombie & Creature from the Black Lagoon
Sodas: Dr. Jekyll/LE 4000, Spirit (Blue Glow)/LE 2000 & Devil (Red Glow)/LE 3000

Really happy with this combo. A little of this and that goodness. Usually not a soda collector, but I'm impressed with these three. Pops included are good choices. I've never watched Squid Game, so not getting them, is not an issue.

Imagery
Hall of Fame Class of 2022
Hall of Fame Class of 2022

Postby Imagery » Sun Oct 02, 2022 11:36 am

So excited by people's mail calls so far! I'm hoping to get all these pieces. I love horror and Freddy, so this is my perfect box!
Funklub member 2016000004714 a.k.a. Sarah
ISO: Ursula, 1/24 Freddy Mad Hatter; NBC Zero Mopeez; Despicable Me 3 Target exclusive PSHs; Freddy Flux Winky and Smiley; HT & Walmart exclusive Disney Villains MMs
Funko events attended: 2016 Fright Night; 2017 & 2018 FDO — Canada; Funkon 2021; Fundays Teams 2017 — Justice League, 2018 — Goonies, 2019 — Loko Moko, 2021 — Proto Punks, 2022 — Pop Protectors

DrunkoPop

Postby DrunkoPop » Sun Oct 02, 2022 12:09 pm

Imagery wrote:So excited by people's mail calls so far! I'm hoping to get all these pieces. I love horror and Freddy, so this is my perfect box!

The pops are okay but the sodas are AMAZING
Image Image
ImageImage

PopBaron74

Postby PopBaron74 » Sun Oct 02, 2022 12:57 pm

I wonder what made funko go more heavy on the sodas fit this box? Personally I love all the variants but definitely was hoping for more Freddy’s though. But can’t wait to see what all the in person all turn up to be!

runtodere

Postby runtodere » Sun Oct 02, 2022 1:53 pm

DrunkoPop wrote:
Imagery wrote:So excited by people's mail calls so far! I'm hoping to get all these pieces. I love horror and Freddy, so this is my perfect box!

Love the sodas but the pops aren't my favorite. After the Fundays BOF, a little bit of a letdown

Panda

Postby Panda » Sun Oct 02, 2022 2:07 pm

I felt like Funko should've included either 1 more pop or 1 more soda to justify the price tag of the box

GimmeFunkoNow

Postby GimmeFunkoNow » Sun Oct 02, 2022 2:20 pm

runtodere wrote:
DrunkoPop wrote:

Love the sodas but the pops aren't my favorite. After the Fundays BOF, a little bit of a letdown
I feel the same way. After I saw the bof I knew I messed up by passing on it. So I jumped on the FN one and I feel deflated.

drtorch

Postby drtorch » Sun Oct 02, 2022 3:24 pm

It keeps getting better! GITD, yes!!!!

PopTartDownUnder
Rookie Of The year
Rookie Of The year

Postby PopTartDownUnder » Sun Oct 02, 2022 6:28 pm

So is Freddy Zombie in every single box? All pics I’ve seen so far of Hannibal box and Nosferatu box have had the Zombie. If so, shouldn’t its piece count be 20K not 10K? I’m confused. Unless there are still more Pops besides Zombie / Spirit / Creature that we haven’t seen yet?

yupyeahuhhuh

Postby yupyeahuhhuh » Sun Oct 02, 2022 6:40 pm

PopTartDownUnder wrote:So is Freddy Zombie in every single box? All pics I’ve seen so far of Hannibal box and Nosferatu box have had the Zombie. If so, shouldn’t its piece count be 20K not 10K? I’m confused. Unless there are still more Pops besides Zombie / Spirit / Creature that we haven’t seen yet?

I think there are two zombies. One regular in green, one bloody in black and white.

squidward

Postby squidward » Sun Oct 02, 2022 6:56 pm

I won't get my box until after I've left for NYCC. I'm excited to collect all of the Sodas. I want to stay Freddy Soda (mostly) complete (I'm missing the red social media Freddy).

popfanboy
HOF 2022 & Spirit
HOF 2022 & Spirit

Postby popfanboy » Sun Oct 02, 2022 8:23 pm

Looks like my box is getting here Wednesday right before I leave for New York. Hoping it does so I can open it up before my weeklong trip. Having to wait two weeks to open my Fundays box was tough lol
Tanner

lavery01
Collector of the Month
Collector of the Month

Postby lavery01 » Sun Oct 02, 2022 8:37 pm

After seeing all the leaks of the fright night boxes, I’m satisfied with what’s inside, well everything accept the squid games soda. Feel like there was a missed opportunity, and it should of actually been another horror themed soda other than squid games. Just my IMO.
Hi I'm Latricia \:D/

Return to “Pop!”