Online Fright Night Box update

We're not talking about soda, folks. This forum is dedicated to Funko's stylish Pop! series of vinyl figures, with or without springs.
Forum rules
This section is for general Pop discussion, not showing off your recent acquisitions. Please use the Dance Hall for collection addition pictures.

Please post Funko subscription box and item discussions in the Powered By Funko section.
theraven00

Re: Online Fright Night Box update

Postby theraven00 » Mon Oct 03, 2022 12:41 pm

Fugly16 wrote:
MarvelPopFan75 wrote:I love these boxes and love even more that the flippers hate them. The Squid Game fascination this year reminds me of the Cuphead Freddies at Fundays one year.

what is the indication that flippers would hate these boxes? I thought on the contrary.

They don't like the high LE for the Pop!s and that there are only 6 different ones. Harder to flip a 10,000 LE. Personally, I think the boxes are good and I like the variety of sodas.
Poppin'

mongoose12

Postby mongoose12 » Mon Oct 03, 2022 12:58 pm

theraven00 wrote:
Fugly16 wrote:
MarvelPopFan75 wrote:I love these boxes and love even more that the flippers hate them. The Squid Game fascination this year reminds me of the Cuphead Freddies at Fundays one year.

what is the indication that flippers would hate these boxes? I thought on the contrary.

They don't like the high LE for the Pop!s and that there are only 6 different ones. Harder to flip a 10,000 LE. Personally, I think the boxes are good and I like the variety of sodas.

twitter was flooded with flippers knocking the pops...magically they are 'loving' the soda merch since they have drastically lower LE numbers.

aprilyoufools

Postby aprilyoufools » Mon Oct 03, 2022 1:00 pm

I don't know if anyone posted pics of the Box of Fright design but this is *chef's kiss*. This is hands down my new favorite box design.
Spoiler: show
she/they • ARMY | MOA | Bunnies/Tokki | FEARNOT

alf_ie

Postby alf_ie » Mon Oct 03, 2022 1:11 pm

aprilyoufools wrote:I don't know if anyone posted pics of the Box of Fright design but this is *chef's kiss*. This is hands down my new favorite box design.

Mine is out for delivery today, and I can't wait! Yes that box is amazing! Oozing Ben Cooper vibes! Love it. Thanks for sharing.
Fundays
2014 San Diego
2015 San Diego
2016 San Diego
2017 San Diego
2022 San Diego
2023 San Diego

Funkoween
2016 San Diego

Making Fun Movie Premiere
2018 Hollywood

FunKon
2021 Hollywood

IN SEARCH OF: 2011 Funko Freddy Flav any color
IN SEARCH OF: 2023 Funko Freddy Lex Luthor

hawkman2

Postby hawkman2 » Mon Oct 03, 2022 1:13 pm

Get mine tomorrow, cant wait, which there was a different option for Freddy Zombie seems pretty basic.

theraven00

Postby theraven00 » Mon Oct 03, 2022 1:28 pm

aprilyoufools wrote:I don't know if anyone posted pics of the Box of Fright design but this is *chef's kiss*. This is hands down my new favorite box design.

Yeah, they knocked it out of the park with the box design. My only wish is that the sodas were separated better since my Pop! above them got a couple indents from the Sodas pushing against it.
Poppin'

aprilyoufools

Postby aprilyoufools » Mon Oct 03, 2022 2:38 pm

theraven00 wrote:

Yeah, they knocked it out of the park with the box design. My only wish is that the sodas were separated better since my Pop! above them got a couple indents from the Sodas pushing against it.

Yeah, I noticed the Freddy Nosferatu POP box was a bit damaged from the Sodas... which makes me a bit worried for the event BOFs.
she/they • ARMY | MOA | Bunnies/Tokki | FEARNOT

Wiselordship

Postby Wiselordship » Mon Oct 03, 2022 4:43 pm

Ginzo1622 wrote:
philipali wrote:
Fugly16 wrote:
Yeah I kind of thought that too. I thought it'd be like 105 at most.

yeah... seeing the box contents now... i think its worth it... love the sodas

This box is really for sodas collectors

I agree with that. Seems like the pops were added to sell the box to the none soda collectors.

Wiselordship

Postby Wiselordship » Mon Oct 03, 2022 4:44 pm

It is a very well design box. Props to the graphic designers.

DrunkoPop

Postby DrunkoPop » Mon Oct 03, 2022 5:45 pm

runtodere wrote:
DrunkoPop wrote:
GimmeFunkoNow wrote:I feel the same way. After I saw the bof I knew I messed up by passing on it. So I jumped on the FN one and I feel deflated.

I think from now on, this is what we are going to see. I mixed reaction of the BOF.

For Funko, it's probably the way they want it to some degree.

Agreed.
Image Image
ImageImage

hawkman2

Postby hawkman2 » Mon Oct 03, 2022 5:57 pm

Just not sure why they look like Dorz instead of pops.

FunkOCD

Postby FunkOCD » Mon Oct 03, 2022 6:21 pm

Katers wrote:
FunkOCD wrote:
Katers wrote:
Boo Hollow had a purple shirt last year. It was VERY exciting! Glad I didn't know about the Fright Night shirt at checkout though, I'd have spent precious seconds debating!

I don't even remember that shirt LOL

It was either on an individual trip, or you were busy looking at the toilet ninjas shirt. lol Don't worry, I'm sure you'll see it this year, too!

Are you threatening me with a good time?!
ImageImageImageImage

hpellot

Postby hpellot » Mon Oct 03, 2022 10:24 pm

I am waiting for mine to arrive.
ImageImageImage

Some people call me the orange hoodie

ISO funko Force creature from black lagoon chase Glow in the dark

Katers

Postby Katers » Tue Oct 04, 2022 1:32 am

FunkOCD wrote:
Katers wrote:
FunkOCD wrote:
I don't even remember that shirt LOL

It was either on an individual trip, or you were busy looking at the toilet ninjas shirt. lol Don't worry, I'm sure you'll see it this year, too!

Are you threatening me with a good time?!

Isn't that what Funko is all about? lol
Image ImageImage Image

Katers

Postby Katers » Tue Oct 04, 2022 1:34 am

Got a box today that a friend ordered for me! 2/3 of the pops in the Hannibal box have minor damage, and of course the packaging is fine. ](*,) Nothing terribly egregious, but still disheartening! Hope the box I ordered does better, and same for everyone else still waiting on delivery! [-o<
Image ImageImage Image

digithor

Postby digithor » Tue Oct 04, 2022 2:14 am

I really like the design they did for the box.
SDCC 2018, 2019, 2022, 2023
Fundays 2018, 2019, 2021, 2023
HQ Grand Opening, ECCC Night and meetup at HQ, Hollywood Grand Opening, World Premier Making fun
Horror fanatic, GiTD collector, Star Wars
ImageImageImageImage

Karebear101083

Postby Karebear101083 » Tue Oct 04, 2022 10:57 am

So happy to everyone that got a box. It sold out for me under the minute mark. :(

The POP Lady
Hall of Fame Class of 2021
Hall of Fame Class of 2021

Postby The POP Lady » Tue Oct 04, 2022 2:08 pm

Karebear101083 wrote:So happy to everyone that got a box. It sold out for me under the minute mark. :(

SAME!!! But no worries... counts are high... prices are low on eBay! YOU GOT THIS!!!
2010 First POP!
2014 OLD Funko HQ Tour
2015 Toy Fair
2015 FDO NY
2015 #PopTwinsTuesday is BORN!
2015 NYCC
2016 Toy Fair
2016 Funatic of the Week
2016 NYCC
2017 Toy Fair
2017 FDO MD
2017 FDO NY
2017 NYCC
2017 Buys FUNKO Stock
2018 Making Fun Hollywood MOVIE Premiere
2018 Toy Fair
2018 FDO NY
2018 SDCC
2018 FIRST FUNKO FUNDAYS
2018 NYCC
2019 Toy Fair
2020 Toy Fair
2020 FUNTv Spotlight
2020 Funatic of the Month
2021 FUNKO HALL OF FAME :freddy2:

Wiselordship

Postby Wiselordship » Tue Oct 04, 2022 2:18 pm

Karebear101083 wrote:So happy to everyone that got a box. It sold out for me under the minute mark. :(

Yea, and the aftermarket is interesting. Specially the few people in other groups offering it for retail + shipping after they saw some of the content reveals and decided they didn't want it.

MarvelPopFan75

Postby MarvelPopFan75 » Tue Oct 04, 2022 2:22 pm

It sol out for me after I got a spinning circle that lasted about a minute while processing my credit card payment. :(
Hello, my name is Kevin Rutan

Image Image Image Image Image

lavery01
Collector of the Month
Collector of the Month

Postby lavery01 » Tue Oct 04, 2022 3:21 pm

squidward wrote:It looks like a few people are saying the Pop vertically aligned with the Sodas may have damage because they squeezed the 3 sodas together.
I hope mine comes in OK.

I heard this too, like you, hoping mine comes in great condition. You know how us in box collectors feel about our boxes. lol
Hi I'm Latricia \:D/

Jaybrd1095

Postby Jaybrd1095 » Tue Oct 04, 2022 3:27 pm

During SDCC I ordered a Box of Fun and was stoked I was able to get one online. It never arrived though after 1 month, so I asked for a refund. Last week I was stoked again for being able to snag one online again. Yesterday I received 2 Fright Boxes!! Was so happy, but wasn’t sure if mishap was bcuz I didn’t receive my Box of Fun. In any case i’m estatic and knew Funko wouldn’t let me down!!

MarvelPopFan75

Postby MarvelPopFan75 » Tue Oct 04, 2022 4:37 pm

Jaybrd1095 wrote:During SDCC I ordered a Box of Fun and was stoked I was able to get one online. It never arrived though after 1 month, so I asked for a refund. Last week I was stoked again for being able to snag one online again. Yesterday I received 2 Fright Boxes!! Was so happy, but wasn’t sure if mishap was bcuz I didn’t receive my Box of Fun. In any case i’m estatic and knew Funko wouldn’t let me down!!

According to social media, a lot of people are getting two boxes when only one was ordered. I would check your credit card statement to be sure but most likely it was a shipping error by Funko.
Hello, my name is Kevin Rutan

Image Image Image Image Image

case
Collector of the Month
Collector of the Month

Postby case » Tue Oct 04, 2022 5:27 pm

lavery01 wrote:
squidward wrote:It looks like a few people are saying the Pop vertically aligned with the Sodas may have damage because they squeezed the 3 sodas together.
I hope mine comes in OK.

I heard this too, like you, hoping mine comes in great condition. You know how us in box collectors feel about our boxes. lol

It was kind of a tight fit and a couple of boxes had some dents, but for the most part it seemed minor. Hope everyone's boxes get to them safe.
FDO 6-7-8-9
Fundays 2014-15-16-17-18-19-23
SDCC 2014-15-16-17-18-19-23
Funko Fright Night, HQ Grand Opening, Making Fun, Wetmore Block Party

mongoose12

Postby mongoose12 » Tue Oct 04, 2022 5:38 pm

MarvelPopFan75 wrote:
Jaybrd1095 wrote:During SDCC I ordered a Box of Fun and was stoked I was able to get one online. It never arrived though after 1 month, so I asked for a refund. Last week I was stoked again for being able to snag one online again. Yesterday I received 2 Fright Boxes!! Was so happy, but wasn’t sure if mishap was bcuz I didn’t receive my Box of Fun. In any case i’m estatic and knew Funko wouldn’t let me down!!

According to social media, a lot of people are getting two boxes when only one was ordered. I would check your credit card statement to be sure but most likely it was a shipping error by Funko.

I wouldn’t be upset if I got two lol and wouldn’t flinch if billed twice either.

Jaybrd1095

Postby Jaybrd1095 » Tue Oct 04, 2022 5:47 pm

mongoose12 wrote:
MarvelPopFan75 wrote:

I wouldn’t be upset if I got two lol and wouldn’t flinch if billed twice either.

Very happy I got the one, especially after no delivery on Box of Fun.. 2 is literally icing on the cake!!

I did see that there were others that had 2 delivered as well.. hmmm

Rantt

Postby Rantt » Wed Oct 05, 2022 4:18 am

PopTartDownUnder wrote:
Ginzo1622 wrote:
renardchua wrote:

Yes - it drops on Funko.com - usually there is a banner on the homepage at the exact drop time that will take you to the actual item. :)

You just need to use a US address for your shipment - no need for proof of residence. :) goodluck to you if you are trying later! :)

I heard it's more limited than Fundays bof and no EU too. So this is going to be tough

Yeah my guess is 20,000 boxes total. 10K of each mascot. Compared to 25,000 for Fundays BOF. And yeah, none of them are going to Funko Europe.

I didn't manage to get any sad to say but Im looking into the secondary market to buy those. They sure looks good!
:freddy2: Kent Chua

ISO: AstroBoy Protos, Maleficent Protos, Funko Freddy Protos.

UFGator1977

Postby UFGator1977 » Wed Oct 05, 2022 11:06 am

Rantt wrote:
PopTartDownUnder wrote:
Ginzo1622 wrote:
I heard it's more limited than Fundays bof and no EU too. So this is going to be tough

Yeah my guess is 20,000 boxes total. 10K of each mascot. Compared to 25,000 for Fundays BOF. And yeah, none of them are going to Funko Europe.

I didn't manage to get any sad to say but Im looking into the secondary market to buy those. They sure looks good!

Secondary markets will probably be reasonably priced, good luck.

randig

Postby randig » Wed Oct 05, 2022 12:25 pm

UFGator1977 wrote:
Rantt wrote:
PopTartDownUnder wrote:

Secondary markets will probably be reasonably priced, good luck.

Always a dread fighting on eBay but whatever gets me those set pops
Fundays: 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019

ImageImage

Rcmal1

Postby Rcmal1 » Wed Oct 05, 2022 2:51 pm

mongoose12 wrote:
theraven00 wrote:
Fugly16 wrote:

twitter was flooded with flippers knocking the pops...magically they are 'loving' the soda merch since they have drastically lower LE numbers.

Do we know the contents of the box yet? I didn't get one but was looking to pay the ebay tax and purchase one. Would be helpful to know ahead of time.

theraven00

Postby theraven00 » Wed Oct 05, 2022 3:04 pm

Rcmal1 wrote:
mongoose12 wrote:
theraven00 wrote:They don't like the high LE for the Pop!s and that there are only 6 different ones. Harder to flip a 10,000 LE. Personally, I think the boxes are good and I like the variety of sodas.

Do we know the contents of the box yet? I didn't get one but was looking to pay the ebay tax and purchase one. Would be helpful to know ahead of time.

I think they've all been shown on Twitter/Instagram for the online box. There were 6 different Pops and a larger amount of Soda versions.
Poppin'

Vteck

Postby Vteck » Wed Oct 05, 2022 4:17 pm

I was lucky to score a box on friday morning and im def happy with the pops and sodas.
Hello I'm Victor!!

Pop count:2300

Dorbz count:110

Proto count:6

ImageImage

Fugly16

Postby Fugly16 » Wed Oct 05, 2022 4:27 pm

Rcmal1 wrote:
mongoose12 wrote:
theraven00 wrote:They don't like the high LE for the Pop!s and that there are only 6 different ones. Harder to flip a 10,000 LE. Personally, I think the boxes are good and I like the variety of sodas.

yeah I think displaygeek on IG had a visual matrix of the possible combinations

fbingha

Postby fbingha » Wed Oct 05, 2022 4:57 pm

bamboo junior

Postby bamboo junior » Wed Oct 05, 2022 5:36 pm

I personally love the pops. The creature from the black lagoon Freddy is beautiful

Elviax

Postby Elviax » Wed Oct 05, 2022 5:45 pm

The pops in person I think look even better! Pics dont do them justice at all!
Anime/Pokemon Collector

PopTartDownUnder
Rookie Of The year
Rookie Of The year

Postby PopTartDownUnder » Wed Oct 05, 2022 8:41 pm

bamboo junior wrote:I personally love the pops. The creature from the black lagoon Freddy is beautiful

Yep, the Freddy Creature from the Black Lagoon is my fave Pop from the BOF too. :cherry:

Follow me on Instagram: @Pop_Tart_Down_Under

:freddy2:

Stat32111

Postby Stat32111 » Thu Oct 06, 2022 2:04 am

bamboo junior wrote:I personally love the pops. The creature from the black lagoon Freddy is beautiful

That’s the best looking one so far imo as well!
Instagram- calebshiny

Greek187

Postby Greek187 » Thu Oct 06, 2022 3:28 am

I hope we get something for the event
Funko POP collector since 2015
Wife and Husband hobby for both of us
Couples funatics!
EVENTS
Sdcc 2023 :freddy3: Image
WENT TO -.Hollywood grand opening ,Wondercon 23 , FUNKON 1 2021 opening day,,

Blaze1981

Postby Blaze1981 » Thu Oct 06, 2022 4:08 am

Greek187 wrote:I hope we get something for the event

Whoever is going to the event will have limited numbers on pops or soda. You'll have fun granted never been to one as of yet.

Return to “Pop!”