SDCC wants

We're not talking about soda, folks. This forum is dedicated to Funko's stylish Pop! series of vinyl figures, with or without springs.
Forum rules
This section is for general Pop discussion, not showing off your recent acquisitions. Please use the Dance Hall for collection addition pictures.

Please post Funko subscription box and item discussions in the Powered By Funko section.
GimmeFunkoNow

Re: SDCC wants

Postby GimmeFunkoNow » Sun Feb 19, 2023 4:36 pm

Rick_Morty46 wrote:I'm down with The last of us.

That would be an awesome offsite.

Blitzfreeze

Postby Blitzfreeze » Sun Feb 19, 2023 4:58 pm

The real question is, how early is the Sunday line for Hall H going to cap out now if Funko returns to Hall H. Bonus points if after last year's debacle they don't even give away pops after the panel.
ImageImageImageImageImage
SDCC 1999-2023

Ronnie18

Postby Ronnie18 » Mon Feb 20, 2023 12:10 am

Blitzfreeze wrote:The real question is, how early is the Sunday line for Hall H going to cap out now if Funko returns to Hall H. Bonus points if after last year's debacle they don't even give away pops after the panel.

I was looking at the schedule last year and saw Funko was in hall h. I am hoping they will return to hall h this year but now I am nervous about getting in.

Blitzfreeze

Postby Blitzfreeze » Mon Feb 20, 2023 5:02 pm

Ronnie18 wrote:
Blitzfreeze wrote:The real question is, how early is the Sunday line for Hall H going to cap out now if Funko returns to Hall H. Bonus points if after last year's debacle they don't even give away pops after the panel.

I was looking at the schedule last year and saw Funko was in hall h. I am hoping they will return to hall h this year but now I am nervous about getting in.

I walked right in last year, there were hundreds of sears available during the panel. Definitely not going to be happening that way again though.
SDCC 1999-2023

Meowmix4

Postby Meowmix4 » Mon Feb 20, 2023 5:14 pm

Blitzfreeze wrote:
Ronnie18 wrote:

I walked right in last year, there were hundreds of sears available during the panel. Definitely not going to be happening that way again though.

Sounds like expectations were low last year

DrunkoPop

Postby DrunkoPop » Mon Feb 20, 2023 6:40 pm

Meowmix4 wrote:
Blitzfreeze wrote:
Ronnie18 wrote:

Sounds like expectations were low last year

I’m pretty sure this year will be hectic :eek:
Image Image
ImageImage

rexflexall

Postby rexflexall » Tue Feb 21, 2023 10:47 am

DrunkoPop wrote:
Ginzo1622 wrote:
funko_gtx91 wrote:
They have had exclusives at nycc but not sdcc I think

Ah really it atleast you have one per year lol

In 2019 SDCC we got Treehouse of Horror Kang and Kodos. So there is always hope.

Gimme MOAR! LOL

bitmap

Postby bitmap » Tue Feb 21, 2023 1:48 pm

Chingy wrote:
Rick_Morty46 wrote:
bitmap wrote:
100% the severance entire experience was top notch, everything from the actors, rooms, and activities stayed incredibly true to the show

Godzilla was a really good one and Ready player one.

I had forgotten about Ready Player One offsite! I didn't get to experience that but I remember hearing about it and reading the reviews. It was supposed to be pretty awesome.

Yea i think that was that year's severance. Incredibly immersive with great world building, fun activities at the end with an escape room type twist. Though the only giveaway they gave at the end was a red keychain lol

DrunkoPop

Postby DrunkoPop » Tue Feb 21, 2023 7:18 pm

rexflexall wrote:
DrunkoPop wrote:
Ginzo1622 wrote:
Ah really it atleast you have one per year lol

In 2019 SDCC we got Treehouse of Horror Kang and Kodos. So there is always hope.

Gimme MOAR! LOL

I agree. 4 years in the making! :bounce:
Image Image
ImageImage

funko_gtx91

Postby funko_gtx91 » Wed Feb 22, 2023 1:01 am

DrunkoPop wrote:
funko_gtx91 wrote:
DrunkoPop wrote:

I would like to see homer but in a different old than the original

Interesting but we did get a soda last year. I like those molds.

Man I can’t find that soda Entertainment Earth canceled more order unfortunately

DrunkoPop

Postby DrunkoPop » Wed Feb 22, 2023 7:23 am

funko_gtx91 wrote:
DrunkoPop wrote:
funko_gtx91 wrote:

I would like to see homer but in a different old than the original

Interesting but we did get a soda last year. I like those molds.

Man I can’t find that soda Entertainment Earth canceled more order unfortunately

What a bummer :(
Image Image
ImageImage

rexflexall

Postby rexflexall » Wed Feb 22, 2023 10:32 am

DrunkoPop wrote:
rexflexall wrote:
DrunkoPop wrote:

Gimme MOAR! LOL

Simpsons line can be sooooooo deep!

darqa

Postby darqa » Wed Feb 22, 2023 10:44 am

NoobMaster69 wrote:
asiantonystark wrote:
NoobMaster69 wrote:Has the new location be finalized? I know during Fundays it was discussed - just wasn't sure if that solidified. It was outside at the auditorium that had the DBZ concert, right?

It was said during this year's event that Fundays 2023 would be held at the Rady Shell at Jacobs Park, more info on the venue here: https://www.theshell.org/about/venue/

The typical head count in the Machester's Seaport ballroom has been around 2,000 over the last several years, I'd be willing to bet that the ticket count will be way higher next year. Hopefully that means more Funatics will get to experience the energy of Fundays!

Yeah, I was there when it was announced but it sounded like it was still up in the air. I believe Mike said it'd be closer to 10,000 people if they locked in the new venue - I merely wanted to know if that was set in stone already.

Yes I remember when they said that as well last year at Fundays. I really hope it does go to a larger venue so that it can be easier to attend.

DrunkoPop

Postby DrunkoPop » Wed Feb 22, 2023 11:34 am

rexflexall wrote:
DrunkoPop wrote:
rexflexall wrote:
Gimme MOAR! LOL

Simpsons line can be sooooooo deep!

This is true and that’s why I’m very picky on what I add to my Simpsons collection.
Image Image
ImageImage

Nihil

Postby Nihil » Wed Feb 22, 2023 11:50 am

It's going to probably be like the Saturday line, where people are lining up Thursday just to get in. I imagine there will be similar chaos with line groups and wristbands. Last year there were only 3 panels, it would get good exposure to throw more in that people will have to sit through just to make it to the Funko panel at the end. No way they would put it at the end of the Friday panels, since that is when Fundays happens.
Funatic from Philadelphia. Nicolas Cage Super Fan.

Nihil

Postby Nihil » Wed Feb 22, 2023 11:53 am

Blitzfreeze wrote:
Ronnie18 wrote:

Yeah, it was pretty easy to get in early in the day. After the announcement that Funko would be giving away Pops, the line got much longer and it took longer to get in, but I still made it in right after the WWDITS panel started. I don't think anyone was really there for Mayans.

Nihil

Postby Nihil » Wed Feb 22, 2023 11:54 am

GimmeFunkoNow wrote:

I really wonder what could be done for it. I know from previous years the Walking Dead experiences have all been pretty lame.

Rcmal1

Postby Rcmal1 » Wed Feb 22, 2023 3:20 pm

Nihil wrote:
GimmeFunkoNow wrote:

I really wonder what could be done for it. I know from previous years the Walking Dead experiences have all been pretty lame.

You can set up Jackson and have people go through it.

Davunko

Postby Davunko » Wed Feb 22, 2023 7:39 pm

El_PANDA wrote:
rexflexall wrote:
Davunko wrote:might not be a popular pick, but maybe some Severance or White Lotus pops lol

White Lotus YES!

White lotus would be awesome I need an Armond pop

Armond! for sure him and Tanya

questkid32

Postby questkid32 » Wed Feb 22, 2023 8:54 pm

When do rumors and leaks start happening for SDCC? I know they usually show off product officially in June but are there ever strong hints at what we'll get before then?

Blitzfreeze

Postby Blitzfreeze » Thu Feb 23, 2023 3:08 am

Nihil wrote:

It's going to probably be like the Saturday line, where people are lining up Thursday just to get in. I imagine there will be similar chaos with line groups and wristbands. Last year there were only 3 panels, it would get good exposure to throw more in that people will have to sit through just to make it to the Funko panel at the end. No way they would put it at the end of the Friday panels, since that is when Fundays happens.

And Saturday has too many big studio panels, so that means Thursday or Sunday, and like you said Sunday only had 3. I actually really enjoyed sitting through panels last year, I now watch the two shows before the Funko panel (Mayans and What lies beneath?) After watching their panels. I think they need to keep it on Sunday but maybe make it first so that the room will clear out for other panels, ESPECIALLY if they have a giveaway so they have more time to do distro.
SDCC 1999-2023

Blitzfreeze

Postby Blitzfreeze » Thu Feb 23, 2023 3:10 am

Nihil wrote:
Blitzfreeze wrote:
Ronnie18 wrote:

Yeah, it was pretty easy to get in early in the day. After the announcement that Funko would be giving away Pops, the line got much longer and it took longer to get in, but I still made it in right after the WWDITS panel started. I don't think anyone was really there for Mayans.

Which is weird weird considering how popular SOA was, having not watched it at the time, I enjoyed the Mayans panels, the crew seemed to really get along well with each other and it was a fun panel even though I had never watched SOA or Mayans at that point.
SDCC 1999-2023

Nihil

Postby Nihil » Thu Feb 23, 2023 9:37 am

Rcmal1 wrote:
Nihil wrote:
GimmeFunkoNow wrote:That would be an awesome offsite.

You can set up Jackson and have people go through it.

Reminds me of standing in line for... over an hour?... just to walk through a small and poor experience of "Terminus" for less than a minute.

Nihil

Postby Nihil » Thu Feb 23, 2023 9:40 am

Blitzfreeze wrote:
Nihil wrote:

And Saturday has too many big studio panels, so that means Thursday or Sunday, and like you said Sunday only had 3. I actually really enjoyed sitting through panels last year, I now watch the two shows before the Funko panel (Mayans and What lies beneath?) After watching their panels. I think they need to keep it on Sunday but maybe make it first so that the room will clear out for other panels, ESPECIALLY if they have a giveaway so they have more time to do distro.

What We Do In The Shadows was the 2nd panel show. I was happy to go see that panel, and was planning to go anyway if the line wasn't long. Definitely not terrible things to sit through for Funko later. My first ever SDCC experience was sitting through some truly bad panels just to be in the room for the Community Yahoo panel.

rexflexall

Postby rexflexall » Thu Feb 23, 2023 10:20 am

questkid32 wrote:When do rumors and leaks start happening for SDCC? I know they usually show off product officially in June but are there ever strong hints at what we'll get before then?

All throughout the beginning months of the year, with about a couple months out of SDCC!

bitmap

Postby bitmap » Thu Feb 23, 2023 1:32 pm

GimmeFunkoNow wrote:

Maybe a haunted maze, but with clickers would be really cool.

rontonsoup

Postby rontonsoup » Thu Feb 23, 2023 2:45 pm

We need some more LE numbered pops. Other than that, I’d like to see the rest of the TMNT MMPR pops. I’m not familiar with the comics, but was there a splinter and April?
Collecting since 2014: "A couple that collects together, stays together."

L3g3nD33

Postby L3g3nD33 » Thu Feb 23, 2023 3:45 pm

My only real want is another Freddy SDCC like the one from Hall H last year. I love having both SDCC and Fright Night Freddy on display on my desk. They remind me when I get all geared up for another comic con.
Collecting Funko since 2016
Funko Fundays 2018, 2022, 2023
Funko Fright Night 2022
Funatics Day Out 9
San Diego Comic-Con 2019, 2022, 2023, 2024
New York Comic Con 2021, 2022, 2023

Image Image Image Image Image

rexflexall

Postby rexflexall » Fri Feb 24, 2023 12:11 pm

Such a fiasco indeed! I didn't even bother with Hall H last year!

Ronnie18

Postby Ronnie18 » Fri Feb 24, 2023 8:18 pm

I want to go to the Funko panel this year but long lines are hectic and horribly organized

PopPChulo

Postby PopPChulo » Sat Feb 25, 2023 9:32 am

I’m hoping we see Kang The Conqueror with Helmet as a SDCC exclusive to match with He Who Remains since we know Kang will be a thing for a few years
PopPChulo

Funko Enthusiast/Creative Idea Expert/Music Analyst/Pop Culture Geek :freddy3:

"Creativity is all around you.. How you chose to use that creativity is at your disgression" - Pop-P Chulo

PopPChulo

Postby PopPChulo » Sat Feb 25, 2023 9:34 am

Also since they did Bleach for Wondercon, one character I’d love to see from Bleach is Zakarai Kenpatchi w/ the girl on his shoulder in bitty pop size lol - I also wouldn’t be mad if they did a Hitsugaya Deluxe with the ice wings (I think everyone would go crazy if this happened)
PopPChulo

"Creativity is all around you.. How you chose to use that creativity is at your disgression" - Pop-P Chulo

Blitzfreeze

Postby Blitzfreeze » Sat Feb 25, 2023 11:43 am

rexflexall wrote:

Such a fiasco indeed! I didn't even bother with Hall H last year!

I only bothered with it on Sunday, and when I went to go in during the Mayans panel it was walk right in. So not bad at all.
SDCC 1999-2023

lshs9903

Postby lshs9903 » Sat Feb 25, 2023 1:38 pm

Give us some Elden Ring! Malenia would be awesome
b]Collecting:[/b]
Gaming, Marvel, DC

V2daTizzo

Postby V2daTizzo » Sat Feb 25, 2023 2:22 pm

would like some avatar pops seeing as how avatar 2 was so great

El_PANDA

Postby El_PANDA » Sat Feb 25, 2023 11:47 pm

L3g3nD33 wrote:My only real want is another Freddy SDCC like the one from Hall H last year. I love having both SDCC and Fright Night Freddy on display on my desk. They remind me when I get all geared up for another comic con.

I love this pop as well reminds me all the time of the great and expensive the con can be

Ginzo1622

Postby Ginzo1622 » Sun Feb 26, 2023 6:57 am

El_PANDA wrote:
L3g3nD33 wrote:My only real want is another Freddy SDCC like the one from Hall H last year. I love having both SDCC and Fright Night Freddy on display on my desk. They remind me when I get all geared up for another comic con.

I love this pop as well reminds me all the time of the great and expensive the con can be

Just think of it as a travel or vacation. It's always expensive
Fundays 2022 - Proto Robots
Fright Night 2022
Fundays 2023 - Protomoa Wolves

Don't stand in my way!!!

:whdat:

darqa

Postby darqa » Sun Feb 26, 2023 10:18 am

V2daTizzo wrote:would like some avatar pops seeing as how avatar 2 was so great

That would be nice to see!

PopPChulo

Postby PopPChulo » Sun Feb 26, 2023 8:21 pm

GimmeFunkoNow wrote:

If they do the last of us , I would preferably want a bloody Joel and Ellie two pack
PopPChulo

PopPChulo

Postby PopPChulo » Sun Feb 26, 2023 8:22 pm

darqa wrote:
V2daTizzo wrote:would like some avatar pops seeing as how avatar 2 was so great

That would be nice to see!

I wouldn’t mind any avatar I’d just want it to glow in the dark
PopPChulo

Return to “Pop!”