SDCC wants

We're not talking about soda, folks. This forum is dedicated to Funko's stylish Pop! series of vinyl figures, with or without springs.
Forum rules
This section is for general Pop discussion, not showing off your recent acquisitions. Please use the Dance Hall for collection addition pictures.

Please post Funko subscription box and item discussions in the Powered By Funko section.
Rcmal1

Re: SDCC wants

Postby Rcmal1 » Mon Oct 24, 2022 1:41 pm

GSim27 wrote:
drtorch wrote:Hope everyone was successful today on their SDCC badges. It was a rough start, but they figured it out and it looks like they may have poured extra inventory in since I was able to get all 5 days over 40 minutes into it.

My group was successful. Everyone got badges. I bought 4 day + PN for 4 including myself and one who wanted Fri-Sun. We will now turn our group toward open registration for those who were not eligible for returning. We have seven looking to get PN from returning. It was definitely a rough start! We were all on Zoom and Discord chat conversing on if all of us were getting the same errors. After they finally got it going, we had several who were in immediately. One of my browsers got in at about 17 minutes which I bought the 2 of the 4Day +PN with. We finished our group of 50 and were helping others after since we still had browsers open. I was able to help with my last one for a one day badge request because it was still open.

Damn, a group of 50! That is crazy. It was hard enough on my end to coordinate a group of 10. Congrats!

Rcmal1

Postby Rcmal1 » Mon Oct 24, 2022 1:43 pm

Katers wrote:
Ginzo1622 wrote:
Katers wrote:
Totally agree with this genius SDCC want! Here's hoping it happens! [-o<

That's definitely good for Conan collectors

There's so many good Conan characters still to be made, and I'd think it's a relatively easy make for the pops? As long as we keep getting new movies and shows, Conan should keep up with the pops!

I would love this. They are some of my favorite pops, but I guess because they come with the memory of being at the shows. All in all, more Conan is a plus for me.

Ar7

Postby Ar7 » Mon Oct 24, 2022 2:07 pm

Rcmal1 wrote:
Katers wrote:
Ginzo1622 wrote:

There's so many good Conan characters still to be made, and I'd think it's a relatively easy make for the pops? As long as we keep getting new movies and shows, Conan should keep up with the pops!

I would love this. They are some of my favorite pops, but I guess because they come with the memory of being at the shows. All in all, more Conan is a plus for me.

The Conan POPs hold a special place in my heart. One of the first POPs I got I when I started collecting, got to go to his show at SDCC. That Batman Conan needs it's own room in my house.
Did someone say, Disney POP!s?
Funko Fundays 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2022!

Rcmal1

Postby Rcmal1 » Mon Oct 24, 2022 3:58 pm

Ar7 wrote:
Rcmal1 wrote:
Katers wrote:

The Conan POPs hold a special place in my heart. One of the first POPs I got I when I started collecting, got to go to his show at SDCC. That Batman Conan needs it's own room in my house.

Congrats on the Batman Pop, that is one I am missing. I was super lucky and got to do at least 1 show a year. It felt very weird last year not having to put that into the schedule.

Katers

Postby Katers » Tue Oct 25, 2022 12:01 am

Rcmal1 wrote:
Katers wrote:
Ginzo1622 wrote:

I miss Conan being at sdcc, both in general and with pops!! His show and fundays have been two of the trifecta of a perfect con for so long, and it's really weird for him to not be there. Hopefully someone decides to bring him back soon!
Image ImageImage Image

Rcmal1

Postby Rcmal1 » Tue Oct 25, 2022 9:01 am

Katers wrote:
Rcmal1 wrote:
Katers wrote:

I miss Conan being at sdcc, both in general and with pops!! His show and fundays have been two of the trifecta of a perfect con for so long, and it's really weird for him to not be there. Hopefully someone decides to bring him back soon!

I can't see him coming back in the traditional method since he does not have a show. I could see him taping a travel special at SDCC (but that would only be good for one year) or doing live Podcast Tapings, which could be really cool. Having him back in any form would be awesome.

Ar7

Postby Ar7 » Tue Oct 25, 2022 8:09 pm

Rcmal1 wrote:
Ar7 wrote:
Rcmal1 wrote:

Congrats on the Batman Pop, that is one I am missing. I was super lucky and got to do at least 1 show a year. It felt very weird last year not having to put that into the schedule.

I made it to a total of three shoes myself.

You 100% correct, it felt super weird not getting hyped for/trying to get on a Conan SDCC show this last time around. What's funny is I seem to have this odd luck of running into LaBamba on the streets or inside the cons AND getting a pic with him almost every year! I even ran into him at other SoCal cons LACC and WonderCon a few times.

archieb

Postby archieb » Wed Oct 26, 2022 12:42 am

My absolute want is to just get Fundays since I wasn't able to go last time lol
:freddy2:

Beastywolf

Postby Beastywolf » Wed Oct 26, 2022 12:50 am

My biggest want is to get a badge for sdcc lol but funko wise I would love to see more one piece pops to drop even with the disaster the Going Mery was.

ExoSquad4

Postby ExoSquad4 » Wed Oct 26, 2022 1:10 am

Yeah I definitely agree that my wallet will be hurting but I love collecting Funko pops way too much to care about the money haha :bounce: but I’m definitely hoping for some more WWE Funko pops :drunken: :freddy2:

DrunkoPop

Postby DrunkoPop » Wed Oct 26, 2022 8:32 am

Beastywolf wrote:My biggest want is to get a badge for sdcc lol but funko wise I would love to see more one piece pops to drop even with the disaster the Going Mery was.

You get a shot on November 5. \:D/
Image Image
ImageImage

Rcmal1

Postby Rcmal1 » Wed Oct 26, 2022 8:38 am

Ar7 wrote:
Rcmal1 wrote:
Ar7 wrote:

You 100% correct, it felt super weird not getting hyped for/trying to get on a Conan SDCC show this last time around. What's funny is I seem to have this odd luck of running into LaBamba on the streets or inside the cons AND getting a pic with him almost every year! I even ran into him at other SoCal cons LACC and WonderCon a few times.

That is awesome. I would probably buy a full set of the band if Funko made one. Going to a live taping is such an experience. The stuff the band does to get everyone hyped is so fun (though a bit repetitive if you have been multiple times).

Chingy

Postby Chingy » Wed Oct 26, 2022 10:44 am

Beastywolf wrote:My biggest want is to get a badge for sdcc lol but funko wise I would love to see more one piece pops to drop even with the disaster the Going Mery was.

November 5th is the open sale. Get prepared now. Do you have a member ID and know how the sale works?

2017fanatic

Postby 2017fanatic » Wed Oct 26, 2022 10:56 am

I'm a fan of TV pops.. hoping for more of The Boys, House of the Dragon and Ted Lasso pops! A surprise Severance one would be awesome too! and if the Impractical Jokers will end up in Pop form lol
Funatic of all things Funko!!

Ar7

Postby Ar7 » Wed Oct 26, 2022 11:48 am

Rcmal1 wrote:
Ar7 wrote:
Rcmal1 wrote:

That is awesome. I would probably buy a full set of the band if Funko made one. Going to a live taping is such an experience. The stuff the band does to get everyone hyped is so fun (though a bit repetitive if you have been multiple times).

Oh, my. POPs of the band would be amazing. Even a throwback Max Weinberg would be sweet.

slimpimp2phat

Postby slimpimp2phat » Wed Oct 26, 2022 12:12 pm

Ronin Warriors would be a great addition

supenman

Postby supenman » Wed Oct 26, 2022 12:24 pm

Metallic Black Ranger pop....
SDCC
• 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020ish, 2021ish, 2022

Funko Fundays
• 2015 - 2021: Failed
• 2022: Failed, yet I was lucky enough to attend as a +1!

https://www.instagram.com/supenman/

Rcmal1

Postby Rcmal1 » Wed Oct 26, 2022 3:00 pm

Ar7 wrote:
Rcmal1 wrote:
Ar7 wrote:

Oh, my. POPs of the band would be amazing. Even a throwback Max Weinberg would be sweet.

I am really pulling for Podcast versions of Conan now.

Ar7

Postby Ar7 » Wed Oct 26, 2022 3:29 pm

Rcmal1 wrote:
Ar7 wrote:
Rcmal1 wrote:

A Chill Chums set?! Hahaha. There better be a small campfire with s'mores with it.

partner-in-crime

Postby partner-in-crime » Wed Oct 26, 2022 4:13 pm

philipali wrote:
NoobMaster69 wrote:
asiantonystark wrote:It was said during this year's event that Fundays 2023 would be held at the Rady Shell at Jacobs Park, more info on the venue here: https://www.theshell.org/about/venue/

The typical head count in the Machester's Seaport ballroom has been around 2,000 over the last several years, I'd be willing to bet that the ticket count will be way higher next year. Hopefully that means more Funatics will get to experience the energy of Fundays!

Yeah, I was there when it was announced but it sounded like it was still up in the air. I believe Mike said it'd be closer to 10,000 people if they locked in the new venue - I merely wanted to know if that was set in stone already.

i sure hope its not 10K lol ... 2-3K is fine

I honestly can say that I can't imagine 10K at Fundays, between getting in, the games, food and entertainment it would have to last a lot longer.
Hello funatics, I'm Alana and I love collecting dragon pops.

FUNDAYS 2016, 2018, 2019, 2022
FDO LA 8
World Premiere Making Fun
FUNKO Hollywood Grand Opening
[color=#FF8000]Mask O Raid 2022[/color]

KwangWin9

Postby KwangWin9 » Wed Oct 26, 2022 5:01 pm

Civil War reenactment or Old Time Baseball Conan anybody??

Ar7 wrote:
Rcmal1 wrote:
Ar7 wrote:

Katers

Postby Katers » Thu Oct 27, 2022 1:30 am

Rcmal1 wrote:
Katers wrote:
Rcmal1 wrote:

I can't see him coming back in the traditional method since he does not have a show. I could see him taping a travel special at SDCC (but that would only be good for one year) or doing live Podcast Tapings, which could be really cool. Having him back in any form would be awesome.

I agree, but I'd love to see someone sponsor for sdcc shows. It could air on just about anyone's network, we're not picky! Podcast tapings would be great too, Kevin Smith did something like that this past year and it was a lot of fun!
Image ImageImage Image

Katers

Postby Katers » Thu Oct 27, 2022 1:42 am

2017fanatic wrote:I'm a fan of TV pops.. hoping for more of The Boys, House of the Dragon and Ted Lasso pops! A surprise Severance one would be awesome too! and if the Impractical Jokers will end up in Pop form lol

100% agree on more Ted Lasso pops!! We need all the important players from the team, not to mention Rebecca and Keeley. And my collection will never be complete without Danny Rojas. Futbol is life!!
Image ImageImage Image

Katers

Postby Katers » Thu Oct 27, 2022 1:44 am

slimpimp2phat wrote:Ronin Warriors would be a great addition

Oh my goodness, I'd absolutely have to buy those if Funko made the set!! Now I gotta go back and watch the show again though!
Image ImageImage Image

questkid32

Postby questkid32 » Thu Oct 27, 2022 1:51 am

I'm going for a badge on open registration. Hoping for some serious luck!

reallycrazydude3

Postby reallycrazydude3 » Thu Oct 27, 2022 2:41 am

questkid32 wrote:I'm going for a badge on open registration. Hoping for some serious luck!

You and me both. Hope to see you on the other side :glasses7:
Excited for SPOOPY SEASON

drtorch

Postby drtorch » Thu Oct 27, 2022 3:17 am

GSim27 wrote:
drtorch wrote:Hope everyone was successful today on their SDCC badges. It was a rough start, but they figured it out and it looks like they may have poured extra inventory in since I was able to get all 5 days over 40 minutes into it.

That's awesome. Every group I heard of was successful. I think they opened more inventory due to the mess up! :freddy2: :freddy2: :freddy2: :freddy2:

My group was successful. Everyone got badges. I bought 4 day + PN for 4 including myself and one who wanted Fri-Sun. We will now turn our group toward open registration for those who were not eligible for returning. We have seven looking to get PN from returning. It was definitely a rough start! We were all on Zoom and Discord chat conversing on if all of us were getting the same errors. After they finally got it going, we had several who were in immediately. One of my browsers got in at about 17 minutes which I bought the 2 of the 4Day +PN with. We finished our group of 50 and were helping others after since we still had browsers open. I was able to help with my last one for a one day badge request because it was still open.

philipali

Postby philipali » Thu Oct 27, 2022 8:14 am

partner-in-crime wrote:
philipali wrote:
NoobMaster69 wrote:
Yeah, I was there when it was announced but it sounded like it was still up in the air. I believe Mike said it'd be closer to 10,000 people if they locked in the new venue - I merely wanted to know if that was set in stone already.

i sure hope its not 10K lol ... 2-3K is fine

I honestly can say that I can't imagine 10K at Fundays, between getting in, the games, food and entertainment it would have to last a lot longer.

you do have a point... looking forward to next year!
ImageImageImage
Image ImageImage

Rcmal1

Postby Rcmal1 » Fri Oct 28, 2022 9:45 am

Ar7 wrote:
Rcmal1 wrote:
Ar7 wrote:

A Chill Chums set?! Hahaha. There better be a small campfire with s'mores with it.

You are a true fan! Where do you stand on the smores debate?

Rcmal1

Postby Rcmal1 » Fri Oct 28, 2022 9:47 am

Katers wrote:
Rcmal1 wrote:
Katers wrote:

I agree, but I'd love to see someone sponsor for sdcc shows. It could air on just about anyone's network, we're not picky! Podcast tapings would be great too, Kevin Smith did something like that this past year and it was a lot of fun!

I have been to a couple podcast tapings over the year for Nerdist, Doug Loves Movies, and MBMBaM which are always fun. It is kind of nice when you know you just need to show up at the start time and not have to deal with a line to get in.

jondru

Postby jondru » Fri Oct 28, 2022 5:38 pm

reallycrazydude3 wrote:
questkid32 wrote:I'm going for a badge on open registration. Hoping for some serious luck!

You and me both. Hope to see you on the other side :glasses7:

Good Luck
Andrew

NoobMaster69

Postby NoobMaster69 » Sun Oct 30, 2022 2:27 pm

slimpimp2phat wrote:Ronin Warriors would be a great addition

OMG - that's old school!!! Totally forgot about them - and yes, I agree!!!
I'm about to check netflix or hulu to see if I can re-watch the series now hahaha

Ar7

Postby Ar7 » Tue Nov 01, 2022 11:54 am

Rcmal1 wrote:
Ar7 wrote:
Rcmal1 wrote:

Oh, s'mores. I don't hate them but don't get excited about them when we make them at home. My kids are surprised when I'm not as into as them. I'll eat the heck out of one if handed to me. Ha!

Where do you land?

Whygonechin

Postby Whygonechin » Tue Nov 01, 2022 12:48 pm

Perhaps a pop from the upcoming film across the spiderverse. Preferably the new characters introduced.

Rcmal1

Postby Rcmal1 » Tue Nov 01, 2022 12:48 pm

Ar7 wrote:
Rcmal1 wrote:
Ar7 wrote:

Oh, s'mores. I don't hate them but don't get excited about them when we make them at home. My kids are surprised when I'm not as into as them. I'll eat the heck out of one if handed to me. Ha!

Where do you land?

They are a delight, I prefer if you double the marshmallow.

Ar7

Postby Ar7 » Tue Nov 01, 2022 1:36 pm

Rcmal1 wrote:
Ar7 wrote:
Rcmal1 wrote:

Where do you land?

They are a delight, I prefer if you double the marshmallow.

Wait, that might be the gamechanger for me! TWO ever so slightly burnt marshmallows surrounding the chocolate. I PROMISE to try that next. I'm considering adding a small dollop of peanut butter on the chocolate too. I think I'm falling completely over the side of the fence that like s'mores now.

jzq88

Postby jzq88 » Tue Nov 01, 2022 1:55 pm

i'm all for it, a good frankenstein or horror.
:freddy3:

Bad Motherfunko

Postby Bad Motherfunko » Tue Nov 01, 2022 3:54 pm

A want for SDCC would be for Funko to do some limited Avatar SODA's. I think SODA design would really work with Avatar character designs. Aang would be top of that list with Avatar State Aang as a chase. I'd also love to see a regular Bolin POP as a con exclusive for Legend of Korra.
Avatar Protos: https://i.imgur.com/iLdXwes.jpg
Collecting Funko since 2012.
Main Collections: Anything Avatar or Game of Thrones/House of the Dragon
Events Attended: Funko Hollywood Opening, Funkon '21, Fundays '22, SDCC '19/'22
Proud member of Funko Fiends (PSW) and The United Funko Family <3
Instagrams: @bad.motherfunko & @lollipop_customs

ISO Avatar the Last Airbender and The Legend of Korra Protos

Straight2VHS

Postby Straight2VHS » Tue Nov 01, 2022 4:49 pm

Anyone trying to get lucky with the SDCC badge sale this Saturday?

lavery01
Collector of the Month
Collector of the Month

Postby lavery01 » Tue Nov 01, 2022 10:39 pm

Straight2VHS wrote:Anyone trying to get lucky with the SDCC badge sale this Saturday?

We got our tickets through pre-reg, thank goodness, but I am going to try and help out my friend who wasn’t so lucky.
Hi I'm Latricia \:D/

Return to “Pop!”