SDCC wants

We're not talking about soda, folks. This forum is dedicated to Funko's stylish Pop! series of vinyl figures, with or without springs.
Forum rules
This section is for general Pop discussion, not showing off your recent acquisitions. Please use the Dance Hall for collection addition pictures.

Please post Funko subscription box and item discussions in the Powered By Funko section.
drtorch

Re: SDCC wants

Postby drtorch » Mon Oct 17, 2022 8:13 pm

Katers wrote:
Chingy wrote:Actually, you know what I really want from SDCC?

More Conan pops! because that would mean he'd be making his triumphant return and Conan was always one for he best things about recent SDCCs!

Totally agree with this genius SDCC want! Here's hoping it happens! [-o<

Going to Conan was some of my most favorite times at SDCC. Having a pop as a souvenir was too cool! Saw the Aquaman cast that last time I went. I agree 100% :freddy2: :freddy2: :freddy2: :freddy2:

drtorch

Postby drtorch » Mon Oct 17, 2022 8:25 pm

NoobMaster69 wrote:
asiantonystark wrote:
NoobMaster69 wrote:Has the new location be finalized? I know during Fundays it was discussed - just wasn't sure if that solidified. It was outside at the auditorium that had the DBZ concert, right?

It was said during this year's event that Fundays 2023 would be held at the Rady Shell at Jacobs Park, more info on the venue here: https://www.theshell.org/about/venue/

The typical head count in the Machester's Seaport ballroom has been around 2,000 over the last several years, I'd be willing to bet that the ticket count will be way higher next year. Hopefully that means more Funatics will get to experience the energy of Fundays!

Yeah, I was there when it was announced but it sounded like it was still up in the air. I believe Mike said it'd be closer to 10,000 people if they locked in the new venue - I merely wanted to know if that was set in stone already.

10,000 would be crazy huge. Even though I have only been once, I like the intimate size of the Grand Hyatt event. I see 10,000 tickets probably selling out, but it would take way longer to sell out and give everyone a really good chance of getting a ticket.

Fnava87

Postby Fnava87 » Mon Oct 17, 2022 8:40 pm

Ragnar_7 wrote:I know NYCC just finished but ima already looking forward to SDCC. Of course my wallet doesn't like the idea right now but what's something you guys would like to see for SDCC? I'm hoping that Jiren with Engery is an SDCC exclusive it's only fitting.

Definitely some freddys from fundays :freddy2:

post31

Postby post31 » Mon Oct 17, 2022 8:50 pm

Freddy Funko dressed as the SDCC Toucan.
SDCC 1998 - current
Fundays 2016, 2018, 2019, 2022, 2023
Pop Rangers, Killer Crowns, Lumberjacks
FDO8 2018 LA
FDO9 2023 SD
Making Fun premier
Funko Hollywood Grand Opening
Funkon 2021

asiantonystark

Postby asiantonystark » Mon Oct 17, 2022 8:56 pm

drtorch wrote:
NoobMaster69 wrote:
asiantonystark wrote:It was said during this year's event that Fundays 2023 would be held at the Rady Shell at Jacobs Park, more info on the venue here: https://www.theshell.org/about/venue/

The typical head count in the Machester's Seaport ballroom has been around 2,000 over the last several years, I'd be willing to bet that the ticket count will be way higher next year. Hopefully that means more Funatics will get to experience the energy of Fundays!

Yeah, I was there when it was announced but it sounded like it was still up in the air. I believe Mike said it'd be closer to 10,000 people if they locked in the new venue - I merely wanted to know if that was set in stone already.

10,000 would be crazy huge. Even though I have only been once, I like the intimate size of the Grand Hyatt event. I see 10,000 tickets probably selling out, but it would take way longer to sell out and give everyone a really good chance of getting a ticket.

I don't think we'll know if anything is truly "set in stone" until next summer and the days approaching SDCC, more news will present itself in due time.

Keep in mind that there's several large events prior to SDCC each year since that's basically right in the middle of it all. The first four months of 2023 are going to be jam packed for Funko, assuming they stick to the normal schedule of events they're at. ECCC at the start of March, Wondercon near the end of March and then Star Wars Celebration at the start of April, but this time it'll be in London, that's a hell of a lot to plan for within the span of 45 calendar days... The logistics of going across the pond to London is a huge undertaking in itself so again, I'd say don't expect to hear a lot about SDCC or Fundays 2023 until maybe mid May.
hey, I'm Ryan

Image Image Image

ISO: Iron Man Protos | Spastik Plastik

digithor

Postby digithor » Tue Oct 18, 2022 2:02 am

Mr Yac wrote:
digithor wrote:
Can they make it flocked also?

maybe, but i've always thought it was more of a lizard thing then a mammal.

Alright, so metallicish. Not much else to pick from another version that they can do for toy tokyo to use it as a convention exclusive. lol
SDCC 2018, 2019, 2022, 2023
Fundays 2018, 2019, 2021, 2023
HQ Grand Opening, ECCC Night and meetup at HQ, Hollywood Grand Opening, World Premier Making fun
Horror fanatic, GiTD collector, Star Wars
ImageImageImageImage

Rcmal1

Postby Rcmal1 » Tue Oct 18, 2022 9:38 am

NoobMaster69 wrote:
Rcmal1 wrote:
Warren8525 wrote:Wow, so early with SDCC requests.
Good luck to all on upcoming returning registration.

It always seems crazy to try for badges in October for an event in late July, but if you are lucky enough to secure them it certainly takes away some stress. Funday's should be incredible this year with the new location.

Has the new location be finalized? I know during Fundays it was discussed - just wasn't sure if that solidified. It was outside at the auditorium that had the DBZ concert, right?

Yes, I think they call it the clam shell.

Missnoobcake3

Postby Missnoobcake3 » Tue Oct 18, 2022 10:56 am

Rcmal1 wrote:

It always seems crazy to try for badges in October for an event in late July, but if you are lucky enough to secure them it certainly takes away some stress. Funday's should be incredible this year with the new location.

This is what Im hoping for, it will be my first time going to SDCC or trying to go to sdcc. I'm hoping i can get into fundays. At this point im excited for whatever they reveal. :D
:freddy2:

Nycc 2022 | IG: missnoobcake3 | Pop, Soda, NFT Collector | Fotw 5/2023

ImageImageImage

rexflexall

Postby rexflexall » Tue Oct 18, 2022 11:05 am

I just want a general ticket to SDCC LOL!

Missnoobcake3

Postby Missnoobcake3 » Tue Oct 18, 2022 11:49 am

rexflexall wrote:I just want a general ticket to SDCC LOL!

This too! I'm hoping it wont be too hard to get, considering nycc was a mess via online time slots wise.

ImageImageImage

Wiselordship

Postby Wiselordship » Tue Oct 18, 2022 12:01 pm

Missnoobcake3 wrote:

This too! I'm hoping it wont be too hard to get, considering nycc was a mess via online time slots wise.

Yea, let's hope they don't let that mess happen again.

NoobMaster69

Postby NoobMaster69 » Tue Oct 18, 2022 1:48 pm

asiantonystark wrote:
drtorch wrote:
NoobMaster69 wrote:

I don't think we'll know if anything is truly "set in stone" until next summer and the days approaching SDCC, more news will present itself in due time.

Keep in mind that there's several large events prior to SDCC each year since that's basically right in the middle of it all. The first four months of 2023 are going to be jam packed for Funko, assuming they stick to the normal schedule of events they're at. ECCC at the start of March, Wondercon near the end of March and then Star Wars Celebration at the start of April, but this time it'll be in London, that's a hell of a lot to plan for within the span of 45 calendar days... The logistics of going across the pond to London is a huge undertaking in itself so again, I'd say don't expect to hear a lot about SDCC or Fundays 2023 until maybe mid May.

You make a really good point with all the event planning that needs to take place. At least I can temper my expectations now and hold until spring 2023 lol

Rcmal1

Postby Rcmal1 » Tue Oct 18, 2022 1:55 pm

Missnoobcake3 wrote:
Rcmal1 wrote:

This is what Im hoping for, it will be my first time going to SDCC or trying to go to sdcc. I'm hoping i can get into fundays. At this point im excited for whatever they reveal. :D

Let me know if I can help in anyway. It is a nerve wracking process trying to get organized for SDCC. If you don't already, sign up and have your log in information created with SDCC, they tend to take it down closer to the general sale plus you will get email reminders. The unofficial blog has good content for first time attendees. I would also take a look at airbnbs that are like 5 minute or so uber away from convention center. My friends and I split an Airbnb each year and it always works out better then waiting for the hotel sale and paying those prices.

Missnoobcake3

Postby Missnoobcake3 » Tue Oct 18, 2022 2:02 pm

Rcmal1 wrote:
Missnoobcake3 wrote:
Rcmal1 wrote:

Let me know if I can help in anyway. It is a nerve wracking process trying to get organized for SDCC. If you don't already, sign up and have your log in information created with SDCC, they tend to take it down closer to the general sale plus you will get email reminders. The unofficial blog has good content for first time attendees. I would also take a look at airbnbs that are like 5 minute or so uber away from convention center. My friends and I split an Airbnb each year and it always works out better then waiting for the hotel sale and paying those prices.

Thank you for the info and help! so we already booked an airbnb its 8 mins away we split with some friends. (most of everything close is sold out hotel or airbnb.) I do have ID already setup since last year. Is it true the general sales always go up on Saturday's?

ImageImageImage

Rcmal1

Postby Rcmal1 » Tue Oct 18, 2022 3:20 pm

Missnoobcake3 wrote:
Rcmal1 wrote:
Missnoobcake3 wrote:

Thank you for the info and help! so we already booked an airbnb its 8 mins away we split with some friends. (most of everything close is sold out hotel or airbnb.) I do have ID already setup since last year. Is it true the general sales always go up on Saturday's?

I cant remember it happening on any other day. The returning sale was last Saturday, so I am 99% sure it will be on a Saturday for the general sale.

partner-in-crime

Postby partner-in-crime » Tue Oct 18, 2022 3:42 pm

drtorch wrote:
NoobMaster69 wrote:
asiantonystark wrote:It was said during this year's event that Fundays 2023 would be held at the Rady Shell at Jacobs Park, more info on the venue here: https://www.theshell.org/about/venue/

OMG, really 10, 000? That would be so crazy. I'm just hoping after what I've heard about NYCC that it isn't standing room only.
Hello funatics, I'm Alana and I love collecting dragon pops.

FUNDAYS 2016, 2018, 2019, 2022
FDO LA 8
World Premiere Making Fun
FUNKO Hollywood Grand Opening
[color=#FF8000]Mask O Raid 2022[/color]

Marvel_LS_02

Postby Marvel_LS_02 » Tue Oct 18, 2022 11:59 pm

Rcmal1 wrote:

with return registration over. good luck to everyone during open registration when that day comes

Katers

Postby Katers » Wed Oct 19, 2022 1:48 am

Ginzo1622 wrote:
Katers wrote:

More Conan pops! because that would mean he'd be making his triumphant return and Conan was always one for he best things about recent SDCCs!

That's definitely good for Conan collectors

There's so many good Conan characters still to be made, and I'd think it's a relatively easy make for the pops? As long as we keep getting new movies and shows, Conan should keep up with the pops!
Image ImageImage Image

Katers

Postby Katers » Wed Oct 19, 2022 1:49 am

NoobMaster69 wrote:A blurred, naked thor - similar to Naruto's harem no jutsu (sexy jutsu)

I can't believe this hasn't been made yet. Booth exclusive since it's technically NSFW? lol
Image ImageImage Image

Katers

Postby Katers » Wed Oct 19, 2022 1:55 am

drtorch wrote:
Katers wrote:

Going to Conan was some of my most favorite times at SDCC. Having a pop as a souvenir was too cool! Saw the Aquaman cast that last time I went. I agree 100% :freddy2: :freddy2: :freddy2: :freddy2:

You got a better cast at your showing than I did - I had Predator! Though I feel like casts are subjective, just like pops are - what one person loves is another person's meh! lol
Image ImageImage Image

slimpimp2phat

Postby slimpimp2phat » Wed Oct 19, 2022 9:28 am

NoobMaster69 wrote:
asiantonystark wrote:
NoobMaster69 wrote:Has the new location be finalized? I know during Fundays it was discussed - just wasn't sure if that solidified. It was outside at the auditorium that had the DBZ concert, right?

It was said during this year's event that Fundays 2023 would be held at the Rady Shell at Jacobs Park, more info on the venue here: https://www.theshell.org/about/venue/

damn 10K?!

DrunkoPop

Postby DrunkoPop » Wed Oct 19, 2022 9:40 am

Beavis & Butt-Head [-o< [-o<
Image Image
ImageImage

rexflexall

Postby rexflexall » Wed Oct 19, 2022 11:46 am

Wiselordship wrote:
Missnoobcake3 wrote:

I can only hope!

c00kiem0nster

Postby c00kiem0nster » Wed Oct 19, 2022 3:05 pm

partner-in-crime wrote:
drtorch wrote:
NoobMaster69 wrote:

OMG, really 10, 000? That would be so crazy. I'm just hoping after what I've heard about NYCC that it isn't standing room only.

You wont be standing. The venue is divided in two sections. The first section has tables set up on turf and each table can hold 4 people. The second section is stadium style seating and there is a ton of it.

It just means you will have to arrive earlier than usual to get good seating.

Rcmal1

Postby Rcmal1 » Wed Oct 19, 2022 6:44 pm

Katers wrote:
Ginzo1622 wrote:
Katers wrote:

That's definitely good for Conan collectors

There's so many good Conan characters still to be made, and I'd think it's a relatively easy make for the pops? As long as we keep getting new movies and shows, Conan should keep up with the pops!

I would love that as well!

Weho7SD

Postby Weho7SD » Wed Oct 19, 2022 7:25 pm

I've been going to sdcc for years as a San Diego native. Hoping for a chance at Fundays. Here's to hoping.

Greymom

Postby Greymom » Thu Oct 20, 2022 12:12 am

Jezter wrote:More X-Men and/or Wolverine
More Superman
Another full wave of Doctor Who, even if it's just the remaining Doctors

With a new Doctor coming on the show, hopefully there'll be a new Pop line being released. It's always exciting when a new Doctor takes over the TARDIS!

Missnoobcake3

Postby Missnoobcake3 » Thu Oct 20, 2022 1:44 pm

partner-in-crime wrote:
drtorch wrote:
NoobMaster69 wrote:

wow 10k for fundays?! thats crazy if thats true

ImageImageImage

FlinksPoppinPics

Postby FlinksPoppinPics » Thu Oct 20, 2022 1:52 pm

Missnoobcake3 wrote:
partner-in-crime wrote:
drtorch wrote:

Bruh

Jonathan (Jenkins) | IG: @FlinksPoppinPics
Make life one long weekend!
#FunkoFamily since 2015

Rcmal1

Postby Rcmal1 » Thu Oct 20, 2022 2:03 pm

Missnoobcake3 wrote:
partner-in-crime wrote:
drtorch wrote:

That would be insane. I am happy though that people will have a chance to go who normally wouldn't. We bought tickets for NYCC just to try for Fright Night and didn't get in, had a great time heading to NY and all but the more the merrier.

Rcmal1

Postby Rcmal1 » Thu Oct 20, 2022 2:06 pm

Wiselordship wrote:
Missnoobcake3 wrote:

The returning registration was an absolute mess this year. It seemed like people were able to open up multiple browsers and multiple computers and then just use the one that was closest in line. I hope they fix that for the general sale.

Katers

Postby Katers » Thu Oct 20, 2022 7:30 pm

Greymom wrote:
Jezter wrote:More X-Men and/or Wolverine
More Superman
Another full wave of Doctor Who, even if it's just the remaining Doctors

With a new Doctor coming on the show, hopefully there'll be a new Pop line being released. It's always exciting when a new Doctor takes over the TARDIS!

That would be great to see. There are still so many Doctor Who pops that need to be made, but if we have to make do with only current and new things, so be it! We can make that work. My Whovian friends definitely need some new pops to reaffirm their love of the show. As we all know - you're not a real fan if you aren't buying pops of something, right? lol
Image ImageImage Image

drtorch

Postby drtorch » Fri Oct 21, 2022 12:32 am

Rcmal1 wrote:
Missnoobcake3 wrote:
partner-in-crime wrote:

That would be insane. I am happy though that people will have a chance to go who normally wouldn't. We bought tickets for NYCC just to try for Fright Night and didn't get in, had a great time heading to NY and all but the more the merrier.

Funko did an amazing job at Fright Night. The only thing I would of changed was to have more food and leave it out longer. I would love to go to a Fundays again, but I think it would be fun to do a sit down like years past.

Missnoobcake3

Postby Missnoobcake3 » Fri Oct 21, 2022 10:15 am

drtorch wrote:
Rcmal1 wrote:
Missnoobcake3 wrote:

Funko did an amazing job at Fright Night. The only thing I would of changed was to have more food and leave it out longer. I would love to go to a Fundays again, but I think it would be fun to do a sit down like years past.

tables and chairs!, i cant tell you how many times i got pushed, shoved and stepped on from ppl trying to push towards the stage.

ImageImageImage

rexflexall

Postby rexflexall » Fri Oct 21, 2022 1:38 pm

drtorch wrote:
Rcmal1 wrote:
Missnoobcake3 wrote:

I wish I saw pics of food that night LOL!

Rcmal1

Postby Rcmal1 » Fri Oct 21, 2022 2:10 pm

Missnoobcake3 wrote:
drtorch wrote:
Rcmal1 wrote:

tables and chairs!, i cant tell you how many times i got pushed, shoved and stepped on from ppl trying to push towards the stage.

Have they said this one wont have tables and chairs? Last year we were sat at tables of 8 or 10. I really enjoyed the food as well, well worth the $.

Missnoobcake3

Postby Missnoobcake3 » Fri Oct 21, 2022 5:00 pm

Rcmal1 wrote:
Missnoobcake3 wrote:
drtorch wrote:

Have they said this one wont have tables and chairs? Last year we were sat at tables of 8 or 10. I really enjoyed the food as well, well worth the $.

No i was responding to the person above saying the only thing they would change is have more food. I said they needed tables and chairs.

ImageImageImage

drtorch

Postby drtorch » Fri Oct 21, 2022 10:45 pm

There were places to sit outside, but you missed the entertainment

GSim27

Postby GSim27 » Sun Oct 23, 2022 3:36 pm

drtorch wrote:Hope everyone was successful today on their SDCC badges. It was a rough start, but they figured it out and it looks like they may have poured extra inventory in since I was able to get all 5 days over 40 minutes into it.

My group was successful. Everyone got badges. I bought 4 day + PN for 4 including myself and one who wanted Fri-Sun. We will now turn our group toward open registration for those who were not eligible for returning. We have seven looking to get PN from returning. It was definitely a rough start! We were all on Zoom and Discord chat conversing on if all of us were getting the same errors. After they finally got it going, we had several who were in immediately. One of my browsers got in at about 17 minutes which I bought the 2 of the 4Day +PN with. We finished our group of 50 and were helping others after since we still had browsers open. I was able to help with my last one for a one day badge request because it was still open.

philipali

Postby philipali » Mon Oct 24, 2022 8:39 am

NoobMaster69 wrote:
asiantonystark wrote:

i sure hope its not 10K lol ... 2-3K is fine
ImageImageImage
Image ImageImage

Return to “Pop!”