Your First Freddy Funko Pop?

We're not talking about soda, folks. This forum is dedicated to Funko's stylish Pop! series of vinyl figures, with or without springs.
Forum rules
This section is for general Pop discussion, not showing off your recent acquisitions. Please use the Dance Hall for collection addition pictures.

Please post Funko subscription box and item discussions in the Powered By Funko section.
scullysdad

Re: Your First Freddy Funko Pop?

Postby scullysdad » Sat Jul 01, 2023 5:20 pm

Jedi-Noah wrote:My 1st Freddy was Freddy as Astronaut with Ray Gun. At that time, the Freddy was up at Funko shop at random time and sold out very quickly.

That's a good first one. I bought that one for myself back in December of last year.
Please Funko make Taylor Swift Pops!

Most wanted non-Taylor Pops: Carson Teva, Naru from Prey, The Last of Us TV show

NitroNiki

Postby NitroNiki » Sat Jul 01, 2023 7:05 pm

Mine is Freddy Funko as Doctor Strange. FFD’s 2017 was super wild!
"You'll never beat me, Egg Shen!" :SW9:

ImageImage

DrunkoPop

Postby DrunkoPop » Tue Jul 11, 2023 1:35 pm

Funkolotz1622 wrote:Statue of Liberty Freddy I had to buy it in mercari since I started collecting late

Same here. I bought it at my local comic book store. I just had to have it. :king:
Image Image
ImageImage

edsteez

Postby edsteez » Tue Jul 11, 2023 9:41 pm

:freddy2: Funko Hollywood Freddy for me

Typale

Postby Typale » Tue Jul 11, 2023 9:46 pm

My first one was the old school Freddy from joining the Funko Club years ago!!
As Brian Mariotti once said.... Go boxless, it’s more fun!

Image Image

zonkttc

Postby zonkttc » Wed Aug 16, 2023 4:24 pm

DG_FunkPoppa wrote:What was your first freddy funko pop? How did you get it?!

My first Freddy Funkos were part of the Fright Night 2022 Online release. I ended up getting the Nosferatu Freddy along with the Zombie and Lagoon. (I started collecting less than a year ago.)

I look forward to hearing about your first freddy story!

First one i ever got was blue chrome 2018 freddy from fundays. Best one to start with in mu opinion.

Dahhaka1435

Postby Dahhaka1435 » Wed Aug 16, 2023 7:41 pm

Lots of great starter Freddys!

Wheresmyfunkopop

Postby Wheresmyfunkopop » Fri Aug 18, 2023 2:20 pm

I believe my first Freddy Funko was the Box of Fun Freddy Funko as Chucky. My son collects a lot of horror Pops and we found for a great price at a local Pop Swap.

Wheresmyfunkopop

Postby Wheresmyfunkopop » Fri Aug 18, 2023 2:20 pm

NitroNiki wrote:Mine is Freddy Funko as Doctor Strange. FFD’s 2017 was super wild!

That is an amazing Pop. Congrats!

scullysdad

Postby scullysdad » Sat Aug 19, 2023 8:58 am

edsteez wrote::freddy2: Funko Hollywood Freddy for me

The one with the Walk of Fame Star in his hand? It’s a good one and was sold out by the time I visited Hollywood. I do have Tourist Freddy from Hollywood though and he rules.
Please Funko make Taylor Swift Pops!

Most wanted non-Taylor Pops: Carson Teva, Naru from Prey, The Last of Us TV show

Ragnar_7

Postby Ragnar_7 » Sat Aug 19, 2023 5:24 pm

My first Freddy I think my fright night version. From there one I have the clown, peter pan, and some of the NFT Freddy's

Glowman_Greco

Postby Glowman_Greco » Sat Aug 19, 2023 8:52 pm

Greetings From Greece
I’m Anastasis a.k.a Glowman_Greco
Here’s my first Freddy Funko Pop
Freddy Funko Holographic

Spoiler: show

HowardTheDuck

Postby HowardTheDuck » Sat Aug 19, 2023 9:07 pm

My first Freddy was way back when the FunKlub was still a thing. Signed up to get that classic Freddy holding the Pop sign. We've both come a long way since those days. lol Glad I have him as a relic of that simpler time now.
I'm Julian. HowardTheFunatic on IG!
ISO: FREDDY FUNKO CAPTAIN AMERICA, FREDDY FUNKO STORMTROOPER, FAIRLY ODD PARENTS 3 PACK, CONTEST OF CHAMPIONS HOWARD THE DUCK PROTO, MAN-THING PROTO, BRUTUS THE BUCKEYE PROTO

Funkolotz1622

Postby Funkolotz1622 » Sat Aug 19, 2023 9:32 pm

HowardTheDuck wrote:My first Freddy was way back when the FunKlub was still a thing. Signed up to get that classic Freddy holding the Pop sign. We've both come a long way since those days. lol Glad I have him as a relic of that simpler time now.

That's definitely a nice one to have.
Fundays 2022 - Black Light Proto Robos
Fright Night 2022
Fundays 2023 - Protomoa Wolves

Southjerseypop

Postby Southjerseypop » Sun Aug 20, 2023 12:23 am

I won freddy He-Man in toyusa mystery a couple years ago
:wwe6:

Oatmealman

Postby Oatmealman » Sun Aug 20, 2023 11:53 am

My first Freddy’s came from Fundays I think? Kinda hazy from almost 10 years of collecting but I believe that’s the case. Box of fun was Heimdell, Raphael, and one of the ghostbusters
Matt
IG Oatmealman2287

Hermes

Postby Hermes » Sun Aug 20, 2023 12:41 pm

My first Freddy funny enough was someone giving me a Freddy Funko from the Bob Ross NFT drop (controversial I know)… I believe there was a total of 3,600 available, but only 1,426 claimed. That sparked my love for Freddy, and have continued collecting all of them from the NFTs. Just got the Iron Maiden one which I was missing… now I am on the hunt for cool and fun Freddy’s. Just happened to get a FunDays box this year… unfortunately, I was sent the wrong mascot, but nonetheless I got new Freddy’s… :freddy2:

sealordbrian

Postby sealordbrian » Sun Aug 20, 2023 12:52 pm

My first Funko Pop! was the Sheldon Cooper wearing Batman t-shirt from SDCC. I was walking through a local mall, post SDCC and saw the owner of a local comic book store. He asked if there was anything I was looking for and I told him no, not that that time. He then asked me to come in and see what he got from SDCC. One of those items was the Sheldon Cooper Pop! and he sold it to me for $5 (a deal I'm sure he wouldn't make again today).

Hermes

Postby Hermes » Sun Aug 20, 2023 1:58 pm

sealordbrian wrote:My first Funko Pop! was the Sheldon Cooper wearing Batman t-shirt from SDCC. I was walking through a local mall, post SDCC and saw the owner of a local comic book store. He asked if there was anything I was looking for and I told him no, not that that time. He then asked me to come in and see what he got from SDCC. One of those items was the Sheldon Cooper Pop! and he sold it to me for $5 (a deal I'm sure he wouldn't make again today).

That sounds like a great find! $5 for a Freddy! Sheesh! Do you happen to have a photo?

DG_FunkPoppa

Postby DG_FunkPoppa » Sun Aug 20, 2023 10:03 pm

zonkttc wrote:
DG_FunkPoppa wrote:What was your first freddy funko pop? How did you get it?!

My first Freddy Funkos were part of the Fright Night 2022 Online release. I ended up getting the Nosferatu Freddy along with the Zombie and Lagoon. (I started collecting less than a year ago.)

I look forward to hearing about your first freddy story!

First one i ever got was blue chrome 2018 freddy from fundays. Best one to start with in mu opinion.

What a great pop!

Oatmealman

Postby Oatmealman » Mon Aug 21, 2023 1:35 am

Hermes wrote:My first Freddy funny enough was someone giving me a Freddy Funko from the Bob Ross NFT drop (controversial I know)… I believe there was a total of 3,600 available, but only 1,426 claimed. That sparked my love for Freddy, and have continued collecting all of them from the NFTs. Just got the Iron Maiden one which I was missing… now I am on the hunt for cool and fun Freddy’s. Just happened to get a FunDays box this year… unfortunately, I was sent the wrong mascot, but nonetheless I got new Freddy’s… :freddy2:

There are so many good Freddy characters that are part of NFT collections. It’s a great way to bolster your collection rather than having waiting for fundays each year.
Matt
IG Oatmealman2287

Hermes

Postby Hermes » Mon Aug 21, 2023 2:04 am

Oatmealman wrote:
Hermes wrote:My first Freddy funny enough was someone giving me a Freddy Funko from the Bob Ross NFT drop (controversial I know)… I believe there was a total of 3,600 available, but only 1,426 claimed. That sparked my love for Freddy, and have continued collecting all of them from the NFTs. Just got the Iron Maiden one which I was missing… now I am on the hunt for cool and fun Freddy’s. Just happened to get a FunDays box this year… unfortunately, I was sent the wrong mascot, but nonetheless I got new Freddy’s… :freddy2:

There are so many good Freddy characters that are part of NFT collections. It’s a great way to bolster your collection rather than having waiting for fundays each year.

This is very true! I happen to get a Fundays box this year which I was super excited about. I hope they have a fright night box this year as I would love to add some horror Freddy’s to my collection.

SNAP121

Postby SNAP121 » Mon Aug 21, 2023 12:50 pm

Really cool seeing all of the variety. My first freddy was Freddy Funko as Olaf. Love the disney freddy pops

SNAP121

Postby SNAP121 » Mon Aug 21, 2023 12:53 pm

Oatmealman wrote:My first Freddy’s came from Fundays I think? Kinda hazy from almost 10 years of collecting but I believe that’s the case. Box of fun was Heimdell, Raphael, and one of the ghostbusters

Really want to get the Raphael eventually.

Oatmealman

Postby Oatmealman » Mon Aug 21, 2023 12:59 pm

SNAP121 wrote:
Oatmealman wrote:My first Freddy’s came from Fundays I think? Kinda hazy from almost 10 years of collecting but I believe that’s the case. Box of fun was Heimdell, Raphael, and one of the ghostbusters

Of the 4 it's the only one that's realistically obtainable unless you're made of money! And even if this is you:

It's still hard to find someone that's willing to sell.
Matt
IG Oatmealman2287

SNAP121

Postby SNAP121 » Mon Aug 21, 2023 1:22 pm

Oatmealman wrote:
SNAP121 wrote:

Of the 4 it's the only one that's realistically obtainable unless you're made of money! And even if this is you:

It's still hard to find someone that's willing to sell.

lol lol. unfortunately that is very try and that is not me

DFWFunkoHunter

Postby DFWFunkoHunter » Mon Aug 21, 2023 1:46 pm

My first Freddy Funko was leatherface. Really regret not picking up more horror ones back in the day! Technically he’s not mine but I got him as a gift for my partner even though she didn’t care for Freddie’s but her fave horror character is leatherface

edsteez

Postby edsteez » Wed Aug 23, 2023 11:28 pm

scullysdad wrote:
edsteez wrote::freddy2: Funko Hollywood Freddy for me

The one with the Walk of Fame Star in his hand? It’s a good one and was sold out by the time I visited Hollywood. I do have Tourist Freddy from Hollywood though and he rules.
yes happy to have a piece of Hollywood store exclusive :freddy3:

Hermes

Postby Hermes » Thu Aug 24, 2023 8:47 am

HowardTheDuck wrote:My first Freddy was way back when the FunKlub was still a thing. Signed up to get that classic Freddy holding the Pop sign. We've both come a long way since those days. lol Glad I have him as a relic of that simpler time now.

Can you post a photo? I would love to see him…

Jeffryan73

Postby Jeffryan73 » Thu Aug 24, 2023 9:16 am

Hermes wrote:

That was my first Freddy also. Amazon has the FunKlub box with this Freddy available for like $70. I still wear the lanyard to work.
Family, Friends and Funko :beerchug:

cliffd64
Hall of Fame Class of 2006

Postby cliffd64 » Thu Aug 24, 2023 10:03 am

Here's my first ever Freddy Funko Pop
Image ImageImage Image Image Image Image

rexflexall

Postby rexflexall » Thu Aug 24, 2023 10:16 am

NitroNiki wrote:Mine is Freddy Funko as Doctor Strange. FFD’s 2017 was super wild!

That is an awesome one!

dork_knight
Spirit Award
Spirit Award

Postby dork_knight » Thu Aug 24, 2023 1:52 pm

Fugly16 wrote:My first Freddy was either from the Funklub membership box or the first funko shop exclusive. I can't recall which came first.

Mine is the same!!!
Either one of those. I forget which I got first though...funklub freddy or superhero freddy
Bah Weep Gragnah Weep Nini Bong!
FunKlub Member:2016000002828
Funko Collectibles Count:4000+
Pokémon GO! Pokédex: 807 | Trainer Name: DorkKn1ght

A few fellow Funko Funatics and I started a podcast: http://www.buzzsprout.com/1015576
FB: Dave Metran | IG: @dork_knight46 | TW: @davemetran

HowardTheDuck

Postby HowardTheDuck » Fri Aug 25, 2023 3:41 am

Hermes wrote:

The picture Cliff posted a couple replies down is of the very same pop! Check him out!
I'm Julian. HowardTheFunatic on IG!
ISO: FREDDY FUNKO CAPTAIN AMERICA, FREDDY FUNKO STORMTROOPER, FAIRLY ODD PARENTS 3 PACK, CONTEST OF CHAMPIONS HOWARD THE DUCK PROTO, MAN-THING PROTO, BRUTUS THE BUCKEYE PROTO

Hermes

Postby Hermes » Fri Aug 25, 2023 5:29 am

cliffd64 wrote:Here's my first ever Freddy Funko Pop

Am loving the “00” number :cheers: :cheers:

Ginzo1622

Postby Ginzo1622 » Fri Aug 25, 2023 5:38 am

Hermes wrote:

When was this release?
Fundays 2022 - Proto Robots
Fright Night 2022
Fundays 2023 - Protomoa Wolves

Don't stand in my way!!!

:whdat:

Hermes

Postby Hermes » Fri Aug 25, 2023 9:08 pm

Ginzo1622 wrote:
Hermes wrote:

When was this release?

I believe 2012, but that is what I found on a quick google search.

brooklyn_geek

Postby brooklyn_geek » Sat Aug 26, 2023 2:03 am

I received my first Freddy at Fundays 2015… they were still throwing things into the crowd and I managed to get a random T-shirt and it was a size 2XL… I am a Large lol…I was a plus one and my friend didn’t charge me for the ticket but he asked for the BOF so I had NO Freddie’s for the first hour lol…Brian said if you have a Funko Pop T-shirt on you could come up and get a Freddy. I put the huge shirt on and grabbed the Dude Freddy from the Big Lebowski, an LE 96 and I later got another THREE by eating a can of corn on the stage…that’s another fun story but yeah my first one was definitely memorable lol

Oatmealman

Postby Oatmealman » Sat Aug 26, 2023 2:54 am

brooklyn_geek wrote:I received my first Freddy at Fundays 2015… they were still throwing things into the crowd and I managed to get a random T-shirt and it was a size 2XL… I am a Large lol…I was a plus one and my friend didn’t charge me for the ticket but he asked for the BOF so I had NO Freddie’s for the first hour lol…Brian said if you have a Funko Pop T-shirt on you could come up and get a Freddy. I put the huge shirt on and grabbed the Dude Freddy from the Big Lebowski, an LE 96 and I later got another THREE by eating a can of corn on the stage…that’s another fun story but yeah my first one was definitely memorable lol

What a great story! The first fundays is always the most memorable in my opinion. I remember the t shirt call out of 2015 and ran up there myself to score a freddy. Never did the can o’ corn and was never too sad to have missed it LOL. Rather watch than participate but those that succeeded were rewarded well.
Matt
IG Oatmealman2287

cliffd64

Postby cliffd64 » Sat Aug 26, 2023 8:14 am

Ginzo1622 wrote:
Spoiler: show

When was this release?

It was 2012...