The Enigmatic Ahsoka SDCC Hall H POP 78 (4/13/24) the COUNT continues)

We're not talking about soda, folks. This forum is dedicated to Funko's stylish Pop! series of vinyl figures, with or without springs.
Forum rules
This section is for general Pop discussion, not showing off your recent acquisitions. Please use the Dance Hall for collection addition pictures.

Please post Funko subscription box and item discussions in the Powered By Funko section.
Dv8sian

Re: The Enigmatic Ahsoka SDCC Hall H POP

Postby Dv8sian » Fri May 26, 2023 4:47 pm

basvanderwerff wrote:
Dv8sian wrote:
Mawhonic7 wrote:
I do wish we had an idea of how many Ahsokas were handed out at Wondercon let alone how many are out there in total. I’m guessing around 100?

25 were given out at Wondercon
1 at SD FDO
20ish were displayed in the background of her Instagram post, Im guessing those were for internal Funko people
5-20 to Rosario herself(?)
7BAP had one (Im guessing this was gifted to them on the side)

So maybe less then 75 were given out already? Only 26 through official/confirmed channels

We dont know if she got anyfor herself or that funko gave internally a bunch away, but even if that the case 20 each is alot with only 500 total.
And i recall 7bap bought the one they had, ik be kinda odd if they got one for free and they just use it to run a huge profit on their mysteryboxes cause it had a chance for one.

The Rosario and Internal Funko are simply rumors that I have heard. Which is why I only count 26 official pops released.
Fact: 25 Released at Wondercon
Fact: 1 SD FRO
Fact: 10-20 were at SDCC with Rosario, but to whom they left with is unknown. Someone should ask Rosario at her next in person autograph signing, and record her response lol.

Thanks for the update on the 7BAP, I dont follow them as much as I use to. I didnt read much into the Mystery box since I never have much luck with those :(
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

basvanderwerff

Postby basvanderwerff » Fri May 26, 2023 5:59 pm

Dv8sian wrote:The Rosario and Internal Funko are simply rumors that I have heard. Which is why I only count 26 official pops released.
Fact: 25 Released at Wondercon
Fact: 1 SD FRO
Fact: 10-20 were at SDCC with Rosario, but to whom they left with is unknown. Someone should ask Rosario at her next in person autograph signing, and record her response lol.

Thanks for the update on the 7BAP, I dont follow them as much as I use to. I didnt read much into the Mystery box since I never have much luck with those :(

I think those in the photo with rosario where part of the ones that were supposed to go out last year, atleast some early ones that showed up were signed by her, i wonder if she free to say if she did get some if someone asked her or it part of the deal she cant tell.
Ye the mysterybox seemed like a terrible deal 1 in 3000 chance and the rest of the "prize" pops were only kinda ok, but not worth the 15$+shipping for still a tiny chance at something decent the ahsoka was just bait to dump alot of unsellable star wars pops that got overproduced/not popular.

mattytreks

Postby mattytreks » Fri May 26, 2023 6:17 pm

Sometimes I like to imagine things like if Funko had all of the remaining Ashoka's signed by Rosario to give the people who acquire them this SDCC something extra special.

runtodere

Postby runtodere » Fri May 26, 2023 6:22 pm

hpellot wrote:
cmasicampo wrote:Really happy that some are finally getting out to Funatics. Congrats on the lucky few who own ones so far!

I agree, congrats to all who have received one.

I agree as well. So far a lot seem to have gotten to actual collectors which is nice

Mawhonic7

Postby Mawhonic7 » Fri May 26, 2023 7:50 pm

Dv8sian wrote:
Mawhonic7 wrote:I think we need to band together and make a documentary about this. Not even kidding.

Lets do it... "The Hunt for Blue Ahsoka!"

Brilliant title!
Hi! I’m Eric

Azcat03

Postby Azcat03 » Sat May 27, 2023 2:51 am

Dv8sian wrote:
Kwik_One wrote:
Azcat03 wrote:
I haven’t seen any of Mayans and have only seen a couple of episodes of WWDITS and haven’t gotten into it, unfortunately. I’m going to monitor room levels and not have to spend the whole day in Hall H. The only time I’ve done a whole day there was for the Marvel panel back when they first started filming Spider-Man Homecoming. Fell asleep during the Star Trek panel. Lol. Worth it for WB and Marvel though! And my feet were really happy too. Lol.

I’d suggest trying to buddy up with some people and then take shifts staying in the room. They give bathroom passes that allow you to exit and come back in without waiting in the general line. I don’t remember the specific amount of time the passes allow but I want to say around an hour. No one bothered me when my wife left for a few hours to explore the con. I just saved her seat. They say not to save seats but no one bothered me because it was only one seat.

If Funko takes the last spot in Hall H Sunday I doubt you need to go to that extreme. I camped early and found out that not that many people attended. So high chances you can just stroll in prior to the panel and still get a set. From what I saw last year and Wondercon there was no real benefit for being up close. Prize patrol was more in the middle or spread out. At Wondercon I heard some spots were hotter then others and some people got mult tickets (personal or within the family). I've never seen prize patrol stop near the front at either event

They didn’t have a prized patrol last year at Comic Con. After the panel, as you left, they handed out tickets to take to the redemption room in the Marriott Grand Marquis, I believe, right next to the convention center. Whichever table you went to in there is what determined which Pop you got with the Hall H Freddy. I got lucky and got the Shang Chi one.

Kwik_One

Postby Kwik_One » Sat May 27, 2023 4:09 pm

Dv8sian wrote:
Kwik_One wrote:
Azcat03 wrote:
I haven’t seen any of Mayans and have only seen a couple of episodes of WWDITS and haven’t gotten into it, unfortunately. I’m going to monitor room levels and not have to spend the whole day in Hall H. The only time I’ve done a whole day there was for the Marvel panel back when they first started filming Spider-Man Homecoming. Fell asleep during the Star Trek panel. Lol. Worth it for WB and Marvel though! And my feet were really happy too. Lol.

I’d suggest trying to buddy up with some people and then take shifts staying in the room. They give bathroom passes that allow you to exit and come back in without waiting in the general line. I don’t remember the specific amount of time the passes allow but I want to say around an hour. No one bothered me when my wife left for a few hours to explore the con. I just saved her seat. They say not to save seats but no one bothered me because it was only one seat.

If Funko takes the last spot in Hall H Sunday I doubt you need to go to that extreme. I camped early and found out that not that many people attended. So high chances you can just stroll in prior to the panel and still get a set. From what I saw last year and Wondercon there was no real benefit for being up close. Prize patrol was more in the middle or spread out. At Wondercon I heard some spots were hotter then others and some people got mult tickets (personal or within the family). I've never seen prize patrol stop near the front at either event

I don’t recall seeing any prize patrol at SDCC last year. I believe WonderCon was the first con panel where they did the prize patrol. Were there other panels where they did prize patrol?

Mawhonic7

Postby Mawhonic7 » Sat May 27, 2023 9:59 pm

I don’t think that Funko has ever done a prize patrol at a panel like they did at Wondercon.
Hi! I’m Eric

Jade10881

Postby Jade10881 » Sat May 27, 2023 10:46 pm

Kwik_One wrote:
Dv8sian wrote:
Kwik_One wrote:

I don’t recall seeing any prize patrol at SDCC last year. I believe WonderCon was the first con panel where they did the prize patrol. Were there other panels where they did prize patrol?

Not that I recall.

friskykillface

Postby friskykillface » Sat May 27, 2023 10:58 pm

What we do in the shadows had a panel before funko last year at sdcc so if that happens this year it might be the same schedule so that’ll be cool

I do have Sunday tickets so it’ll be cool if hall h Ahsoka is given out on a Sunday funko panel

So cool and mysterious how they handled this pop
Hey, take care and have an awesome day.

basvanderwerff

Postby basvanderwerff » Sun May 28, 2023 8:49 am

friskykillface wrote:What we do in the shadows had a panel before funko last year at sdcc so if that happens this year it might be the same schedule so that’ll be cool

I do have Sunday tickets so it’ll be cool if hall h Ahsoka is given out on a Sunday funko panel

They not intentionally did it like this

runtodere

Postby runtodere » Sun May 28, 2023 9:15 am

friskykillface wrote:What we do in the shadows had a panel before funko last year at sdcc so if that happens this year it might be the same schedule so that’ll be cool

Cool is a very interesting word to describe it...

Mario Wario

Postby Mario Wario » Sun May 28, 2023 5:46 pm

Mawhonic7 wrote:
Mario Wario wrote:
NCDS wrote:

It's okay to be wrong ;-)

Second this. Lol

A lot of Omega love in the room. lol

Most definitely! :cheers:
:freddy1:

Stragon

Postby Stragon » Sun May 28, 2023 6:10 pm

Mawhonic7 wrote:I don’t think that Funko has ever done a prize patrol at a panel like they did at Wondercon.

No, I think that is the first I heard of one.
FUNKO FUNDAYS: 2016,2018,2019,2022
Funko Hollywood Grand Opening
World Premiere - Making Fun
Funko Virtual Con 2020
Funko Mask O Raid 2022

Stragon

Postby Stragon » Sun May 28, 2023 6:11 pm

I'm not sure what happened but I don't think it was planned.
Funko Virtual Con 2020
Funko Mask O Raid 2022

Comicbookwriter

Postby Comicbookwriter » Mon May 29, 2023 11:57 am

I’m really hoping Rosario Dawson shows up to SDCC for a signing. I will be super nervous to bring the pop and get her to sign it but really want to add it next to the Ashley signature.
ImageImageImage

ocwankenobi

Postby ocwankenobi » Mon May 29, 2023 1:12 pm

Comicbookwriter wrote:I’m really hoping Rosario Dawson shows up to SDCC for a signing. I will be super nervous to bring the pop and get her to sign it but really want to add it next to the Ashley signature.

Hope you can get one. But for a lot of the bigger names at SDCC the film companies have them sign as a group with whatever show they are trying to promote and on a poster for that show they are promoting. Either at the booth like "ABC" or at the sails pavilion. Rarely do big stars charge for individual signings at SDCC. That is more of a Star Wars Celebration or officialpix website thing. That website has a signing for her where you can send in your item and she will signing and I think the deadline is this week. It's not my cup of tea but just FYI.

If I were you I would leave your pop alone. Its more pure of a story. Unless you run into Dawson on the streets.
(Signature powered by VALOR Industries 4.0)

Comicbookwriter

Postby Comicbookwriter » Tue May 30, 2023 12:57 am

ocwankenobi wrote:
Comicbookwriter wrote:I’m really hoping Rosario Dawson shows up to SDCC for a signing. I will be super nervous to bring the pop and get her to sign it but really want to add it next to the Ashley signature.

Hope you can get one. But for a lot of the bigger names at SDCC the film companies have them sign as a group with whatever show they are trying to promote and on a poster for that show they are promoting. Either at the booth like "ABC" or at the sails pavilion. Rarely do big stars charge for individual signings at SDCC. That is more of a Star Wars Celebration or officialpix website thing. That website has a signing for her where you can send in your item and she will signing and I think the deadline is this week. It's not my cup of tea but just FYI.

If I were you I would leave your pop alone. Its more pure of a story. Unless you run into Dawson on the streets.

That’s true! Thanks!
ImageImageImage

rexflexall

Postby rexflexall » Tue May 30, 2023 10:41 am

jcrook wrote:
rexflexall wrote:
Lonikins wrote:I truly would love to hear about what happened in this fiasco. I am wondering if they just didn't show up in time or someone was like naaaaah, let's not give them out to the Hall H people anymore. I know Funko will probably never tell us the truth, but I could wish.

We can handle the truth! LOL

Honestly it would be interesting to know.

Must be some logistics error is my guess!

basvanderwerff

Postby basvanderwerff » Tue May 30, 2023 11:45 am

Stragon wrote:I'm not sure what happened but I don't think it was planned.

rexflexall wrote:Must be some logistics error is my guess!

There a post on page 6 explaining what happened.

ImranC23

Postby ImranC23 » Tue May 30, 2023 8:16 pm

basvanderwerff wrote:
ImranC23 wrote:
Lonikins wrote:I truly would love to hear about what happened in this fiasco. I am wondering if they just didn't show up in time or someone was like naaaaah, let's not give them out to the Hall H people anymore. I know Funko will probably never tell us the truth, but I could wish.

They were definitely there. Some employees/booth workers received them and there’s a picture of table of them behind Rosario as she was signing them before the panel.

those worker stole them, the story is on page 6

There were booth workers aka Funatics that were given them and they were signed by Rosario. The photo was on Rosario’s IG of her signing a handful of them
ImageImage

Funatic of the Week: March 8th 2019
Instagram:shelfofimran
ISO:Black Cat Prototype, Freddy Funko Boba Fett, Freddy Funko as Venom

basvanderwerff

Postby basvanderwerff » Wed May 31, 2023 9:44 am

ImranC23 wrote:
basvanderwerff wrote:
ImranC23 wrote:
They were definitely there. Some employees/booth workers received them and there’s a picture of table of them behind Rosario as she was signing them before the panel.

There were booth workers aka Funatics that were given them and they were signed by Rosario. The photo was on Rosario’s IG of her signing a handful of them

That not how it went read page 6

Stragon

Postby Stragon » Wed May 31, 2023 10:34 am

I’m just hoping that eventually whatever stock is left of these are made available so the price for this pop drops and maybe, hopefully I can get one.
Funko Virtual Con 2020
Funko Mask O Raid 2022

jcrook

Postby jcrook » Wed May 31, 2023 10:48 am

Stragon wrote:I’m just hoping that eventually whatever stock is left of these are made available so the price for this pop drops and maybe, hopefully I can get one.

I’m right there with you bro, I’m hoping theSM team instead of giving out SM Freddys will hand the leftover stock out. Yeah, I know that won’t happen, but I can dream
Funko Fundays 2017
FunKon 2021
SDCC 2017, 2018, 2022

I go by Crook

StarWarsFunkoGirl

Postby StarWarsFunkoGirl » Wed May 31, 2023 12:29 pm

Read the whole thread, interesting since I heard so many different stories on what happened to this pop after Hall H.
Just happy that I'm one of the lucky owners
https://i.imgur.com/F5eaJ4O.jpg

Started collecting: 2014 | Pop! Star Wars: 758 | Pop! Harry Potter/Fantastic Beast 180 | 290 random pops, minis & pins

rexflexall

Postby rexflexall » Thu Jun 01, 2023 10:45 am

ImranC23 wrote:
basvanderwerff wrote:
ImranC23 wrote:

Yah that should call for a lifetime ban of some sort!

Dv8sian

Postby Dv8sian » Fri Jun 02, 2023 12:08 pm

Very possible Ive gotten into her signings a few time sin the Past. In the Sails Pavilion area (forgot what she was promoting) as well as at the Dark Horse booth for Sin City 1 and Sin City 2. With her being a bigger star now hard to say where should might pop up.... just check out the SDCC program guide when it goes live.

Ill definitely be looking and post any info I get her as well

Mario Wario

Postby Mario Wario » Fri Jun 02, 2023 1:05 pm

StarWarsFunkoGirl wrote:Read the whole thread, interesting since I heard so many different stories on what happened to this pop after Hall H.

Nice, congrats!

mattytreks

Postby mattytreks » Fri Jun 02, 2023 6:32 pm

StarWarsFunkoGirl wrote:Read the whole thread, interesting since I heard so many different stories on what happened to this pop after Hall H.

How did you go about procuring yours?

kmandude92

Postby kmandude92 » Fri Jun 02, 2023 7:28 pm

This Pop is like the holy grail of recently released Pops lol
Stay Lit, Y'all :-({|=
ISO:
Ezio 21 (looking for all versions - grey outfit, black outfit, blue outfit)
Logan 28 (Box Only - I have the non-bobblehead Pop itself)
Peter Parker 34 (Box Only - I have the Pop itself)
God Loki

wolfy233

Postby wolfy233 » Sat Jun 03, 2023 1:17 am

mattytreks wrote:

I'm going to guess from D23 when one group was lucky enough to get them.

NoobMaster69

Postby NoobMaster69 » Sat Jun 03, 2023 12:11 pm

kmandude92 wrote:This Pop is like the holy grail of recently released Pops lol

and I'm pretty sure this is going to be the top pop to hunt for at SDCC this year LOL. Can't wait!

kmandude92

Postby kmandude92 » Sat Jun 03, 2023 12:28 pm

NoobMaster69 wrote:

and I'm pretty sure this is going to be the top pop to hunt for at SDCC this year LOL. Can't wait!

Lol I'm not a Star Wars collector, but trying to find this one at a reasonable price would kill me
Stay Lit, Y'all :-({|=
ISO:
Ezio 21 (looking for all versions - grey outfit, black outfit, blue outfit)
Logan 28 (Box Only - I have the non-bobblehead Pop itself)
Peter Parker 34 (Box Only - I have the Pop itself)
God Loki

emzben25

Postby emzben25 » Sun Jun 04, 2023 1:01 am

I know, right? Haha. Would love to get one of these, especially a signed one. One can dream. :)

Comicbookwriter

Postby Comicbookwriter » Sun Jun 04, 2023 1:36 am

Dv8sian wrote:

Very possible Ive gotten into her signings a few time sin the Past. In the Sails Pavilion area (forgot what she was promoting) as well as at the Dark Horse booth for Sin City 1 and Sin City 2. With her being a bigger star now hard to say where should might pop up.... just check out the SDCC program guide when it goes live.

Ill definitely be looking and post any info I get her as well

That’s a great idea. I will check out when it drops.
ImageImageImage

Mario Wario

Postby Mario Wario » Sun Jun 04, 2023 10:23 am

NoobMaster69 wrote:

lol I wouldn’t doubt it.

molodamus

Postby molodamus » Mon Jun 05, 2023 2:59 pm

They'll probably hand it out at SDCC this year or spread out at all the Cons. The price of it now is insane and only for all those people that has FOMO. Be patient and wait it out!
Time is money friend
SDCC since 2014
NYCC since 2014
Fundays 2016
Fundays 2022

Dv8sian

Postby Dv8sian » Mon Jun 05, 2023 11:20 pm

wolfy233 wrote:
mattytreks wrote:

D23? I dont recall any being released there. Did you mean Wondercon?

wolfy233

Postby wolfy233 » Tue Jun 06, 2023 3:23 am

Dv8sian wrote:
wolfy233 wrote:
mattytreks wrote:How did you go about procuring yours?

Wow yes, you are right, Wondercon. Because of the venue, my mind went to D23 for whatever reason. #-o I'm assuming the Ahsoka was obtained at Wondercon cuz that was where the last big tranche of them was released.

Mario Wario

Postby Mario Wario » Tue Jun 06, 2023 10:23 am

wolfy233 wrote:
Dv8sian wrote:
wolfy233 wrote:

Wow yes, you are right, Wondercon. Because of the venue, my mind went to D23 for whatever reason. #-o I'm assuming the Ahsoka was obtained at Wondercon cuz that was where the last big tranche of them was released.

No worries. Although it would have been cool if it was also at D23 last year. Add more to the mystery. Lol

Return to “Pop!”