The Enigmatic Ahsoka SDCC Hall H POP 78 (4/13/24) the COUNT continues)

We're not talking about soda, folks. This forum is dedicated to Funko's stylish Pop! series of vinyl figures, with or without springs.
Forum rules
This section is for general Pop discussion, not showing off your recent acquisitions. Please use the Dance Hall for collection addition pictures.

Please post Funko subscription box and item discussions in the Powered By Funko section.
mattytreks

Re: The Enigmatic Ahsoka SDCC Hall H POP

Postby mattytreks » Wed May 17, 2023 12:17 pm

Chingy wrote:
mattytreks wrote:
Mario Wario wrote:SDCC 2023 will be here before we know it!

Today we are two months away from Preview Night!!

Is it weird that I'm more excited to see what happens with Ahsoka pop at SDCC than I am for basically anything else at SDCC?

17 pages of discussion and speculation later...not at all!

Tracking one down will be my primary objective at Comic-Con this year -- no matter what reveals and exclusive news we get from now until the start of the show.

Dv8sian

Postby Dv8sian » Wed May 17, 2023 1:26 pm

Chingy wrote:
mattytreks wrote:

Is it weird that I'm more excited to see what happens with Ahsoka pop at SDCC than I am for basically anything else at SDCC?

Well thats understandable since Funko hasnt announced anything. Once we get more info about potential Hall H panel, SDCC pops, and of course FUNDAYS, your focus could change.

I speculate that we could see price patrol at hall H again or they would toss in a few the Fundays BOF?
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Dv8sian

Postby Dv8sian » Wed May 17, 2023 1:29 pm

mattytreks wrote:
Chingy wrote:
mattytreks wrote:Today we are two months away from Preview Night!!

Tracking one down will be my primary objective at Comic-Con this year -- no matter what reveals and exclusive news we get from now until the start of the show.

If there is a Hall H Panel my guess is to not have a seat up close. At wondercon the Prize Patrol never even went there. They were more in the middle/back

Lexi

Postby Lexi » Wed May 17, 2023 2:22 pm

mattytreks wrote:
Mario Wario wrote:
mattytreks wrote:A little more than two months away...the excitement is growing!

SDCC 2023 will be here before we know it!

Oh wow, time is flying. Hopefully by this time next month we will have some news about Fundays.
FUNKO FUNDAYS 2015, 2016, 2022
FDO LA 6
World Premiere Making Fun

Funko Hollywood Grand Opening
FUNKON 2021

mattytreks

Postby mattytreks » Wed May 17, 2023 2:38 pm

Lexi wrote:
mattytreks wrote:

Oh wow, time is flying. Hopefully by this time next month we will have some news about Fundays.

For sure, we should know a lot more one month from now :)

basvanderwerff

Postby basvanderwerff » Thu May 18, 2023 9:11 am

mattytreks wrote:
Chingy wrote:

Good luck! I'm going to be watching all the resell sites like a hawk after hall H, probably will be a middle of the night alarm cause I'm in Europe xD

Mario Wario

Postby Mario Wario » Thu May 18, 2023 10:51 am

mattytreks wrote:
Lexi wrote:

Thinking the same!
:freddy1:

Chingy

Postby Chingy » Thu May 18, 2023 12:38 pm

Yeah if Ahsoka makes an appearance at SDCC, eBay is going to be bonkers.

pberickp

Postby pberickp » Thu May 18, 2023 12:51 pm

Chingy wrote:Yeah if Ahsoka makes an appearance at SDCC, eBay is going to be bonkers.

I really hope they drop the rest of them at SDCC. Either as part of Fundays or the Hall H panel.
Hi, my name is Erick. I live in San Diego and I love Spastik Plastik.
ISO: Luther (glow), metallic green Sam, Pulpos from SDCC Funko Supermarket, & any T-Bone other than blue and red.
SDCC 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2021, 2022
ImageImage

basvanderwerff

Postby basvanderwerff » Thu May 18, 2023 12:56 pm

Chingy wrote:Yeah if Ahsoka makes an appearance at SDCC, eBay is going to be bonkers.

Ye going to have to be really carefull with people trying to take advantage of the hype and trying to scam.
Allready was a recent fake listing on ebay for one he had it at 1500 on a fairly new account, the photo's were atleast not copied from other current listings (probally from sold ones)
But when i asked him why it was so cheap and if he could make more photos and to include his ebay username and date on a note next to the pop since his zero sales he never responded, then 1hour later reduced the price even lower and someone bought it.

sdcccrasher

Postby sdcccrasher » Thu May 18, 2023 1:47 pm

:-k :-k :-k "Fun on the Run" Gold??? :-k :-k :-k
Hello! I'm Roger :freddy1:

volsspongebob

Postby volsspongebob » Thu May 18, 2023 1:54 pm

pberickp wrote:

I really hope they drop the rest of them at SDCC. Either as part of Fundays or the Hall H panel.

Would love for her to finally land for real this time in Hall H. I was one of the ones hanging out at MGH for hours waiting for her to show up from the pickup room. And she never did. Got everything else from the boxes so my Hall H set is incomplete.
Love to Collect the 80s stuff. Also chasing the OG Rocky Set. First Funko Purchase was 2012 SDCC.

MISSING FUNDAYS ON A DAILY BASIS!!

[size=85]Image

mattytreks

Postby mattytreks » Thu May 18, 2023 4:49 pm

volsspongebob wrote:
pberickp wrote:

Would love for her to finally land for real this time in Hall H. I was one of the ones hanging out at MGH for hours waiting for her to show up from the pickup room. And she never did. Got everything else from the boxes so my Hall H set is incomplete.

There was so much wheeling, dealing, and hoping as people were funneling through the MGH last year. It was quite a scene.

This will be the year!!

ascaryman

Postby ascaryman » Thu May 18, 2023 5:15 pm

mattytreks wrote:
volsspongebob wrote:
pberickp wrote:I really hope they drop the rest of them at SDCC. Either as part of Fundays or the Hall H panel.

There was so much wheeling, dealing, and hoping as people were funneling through the MGH last year. It was quite a scene.

This will be the year!!

I personally find the wheeling & dealing really fun! Such a scramble!
SDCC 2013-2018 | Fundays 2015-2018

wolfy233

Postby wolfy233 » Thu May 18, 2023 7:21 pm

ascaryman wrote:
mattytreks wrote:
volsspongebob wrote:

This will be the year!!

Man, I was the opposite. Every time I'd get someone interested, a couple of other people swarmed them on top of me and the person I was talking to would leave, cuz they rudely interjected themselves. Was finally able to make a trade but a few blocks away while eating; a chance meeting with another patron who happen to have an extra pop I needed and I had the one they wanted.

jcrook

Postby jcrook » Thu May 18, 2023 8:02 pm

pberickp wrote:

I can see it being given away at Hall H like they did at WonderCon.
Funko Fundays 2017
FunKon 2021
SDCC 2017, 2018, 2022

I go by Crook

mattytreks

Postby mattytreks » Thu May 18, 2023 10:27 pm

wolfy233 wrote:
ascaryman wrote:
mattytreks wrote:There was so much wheeling, dealing, and hoping as people were funneling through the MGH last year. It was quite a scene.

This will be the year!!

Man, I was the opposite. Every time I'd get someone interested, a couple of other people swarmed them on top of me and the person I was talking to would leave, cuz they rudely interjected themselves. Was finally able to make a trade but a few blocks away while eating; a chance meeting with another patron who happen to have an extra pop I needed and I had the one they wanted.

You can run, but you can't hide...chaos finds Wolfy, no matter where he goes!

wolfy233

Postby wolfy233 » Thu May 18, 2023 10:35 pm

mattytreks wrote:
wolfy233 wrote:
ascaryman wrote:

You can run, but you can't hide...chaos finds Wolfy, no matter where he goes!

Haha, I was just trying to trade! It all worked out in the end, thankfully. Sometimes you gotta take what's given, I suppose.

conventiongeek

Postby conventiongeek » Thu May 18, 2023 10:59 pm

I hope they choose Fundays, that way we get some new Hall H Pops.

Mawhonic7

Postby Mawhonic7 » Thu May 18, 2023 11:17 pm

conventiongeek wrote:I hope they choose Fundays, that way we get some new Hall H Pops.

Not sure why but I don’t think this Ahsoka will be a Hall H thing. I bet she will show up in giveaways and who knows what else?

This has become my favorite thread on the forum.
Hi! I’m Eric

mattytreks

Postby mattytreks » Thu May 18, 2023 11:40 pm

Mawhonic7 wrote:
conventiongeek wrote:I hope they choose Fundays, that way we get some new Hall H Pops.

Not sure why but I don’t think this Ahsoka will be a Hall H thing. I bet she will show up in giveaways and who knows what else?

This thread is going to be absolutely lit during SDCC week, isn't it.

All the stories of glory, and those in agony...we should bulk-order kleenex for the forum.

Lexi

Postby Lexi » Fri May 19, 2023 12:41 am

mattytreks wrote:
Lexi wrote:

It’s going to be a very long month
FDO LA 6

FUNKON 2021

Lexi

Postby Lexi » Fri May 19, 2023 12:41 am

mattytreks wrote:
Mawhonic7 wrote:

This thread is going to be absolutely lit during SDCC week, isn't it.

All the stories of glory, and those in agony...we should bulk-order kleenex for the forum.

I’ll be sure to take a few boxes
FDO LA 6

FUNKON 2021

Greek187

Postby Greek187 » Fri May 19, 2023 3:00 am

Wonder if I’ll ever get one . X maybe I’ll keep wondering !!!lol
Funko POP collector since 2015
Wife and Husband hobby for both of us
Couples funatics!
EVENTS
Sdcc 2023 :freddy3: Image
WENT TO -.Hollywood grand opening ,Wondercon 23 , FUNKON 1 2021 opening day,,

basvanderwerff

Postby basvanderwerff » Fri May 19, 2023 8:41 am

Mawhonic7 wrote:

they really can't keep doing a few here and there, it been almost a year and they maby have handed out 30 (and a few got stolen) at this rate the last ones will be handed out in over a decade. Plus the ahsoka show is coming this year.

Chingy

Postby Chingy » Fri May 19, 2023 10:19 am

basvanderwerff wrote:

Ye going to have to be really carefull with people trying to take advantage of the hype and trying to scam.
Allready was a recent fake listing on ebay for one he had it at 1500 on a fairly new account, the photo's were atleast not copied from other current listings (probally from sold ones)
But when i asked him why it was so cheap and if he could make more photos and to include his ebay username and date on a note next to the pop since his zero sales he never responded, then 1hour later reduced the price even lower and someone bought it.

That was for sure a scam. Good for you for being vigilant!

Mario Wario

Postby Mario Wario » Fri May 19, 2023 10:38 am

Chingy wrote:
basvanderwerff wrote:

That was for sure a scam. Good for you for being vigilant!
Not shocked about the scam thing. I’m really not…
:freddy1:

rexflexall

Postby rexflexall » Fri May 19, 2023 10:44 am

Greek187 wrote:Wonder if I’ll ever get one . X maybe I’ll keep wondering !!!lol

Same here LOL!

Dv8sian

Postby Dv8sian » Fri May 19, 2023 3:49 pm

basvanderwerff wrote:
Mawhonic7 wrote:

they really can't keep doing a few here and there, it been almost a year and they maby have handed out 30 (and a few got stolen) at this rate the last ones will be handed out in over a decade. Plus the ahsoka show is coming this year.

Knowing Funko they will probably prolong things. It makes sense for them to use this as Marketing tool to help bring more ppl to various events. Like Hall H was pretty small last year. If people think there is a chance for Ahsoka to show up it will drive crowds of ppl to attend. For me personally I wanted to go to Funkon 2, and drove up to Wondercon cause I thought there was a small chance she could of been given out. Having more hype for an event is a great thing. Even though I didnt get one there I had 2 friends (that both happened to be SW's fans) both got lucky with a ticket and I was super excited for them. Winning something from an event has so much more meaning (well to me personally) then it would just to get one from a random mystery box.

Stat32111

Postby Stat32111 » Fri May 19, 2023 3:51 pm

Dv8sian wrote:
basvanderwerff wrote:
Mawhonic7 wrote:

Knowing Funko they will probably prolong things. It makes sense for them to use this as Marketing tool to help bring more ppl to various events. Like Hall H was pretty small last year. If people think there is a chance for Ahsoka to show up it will drive crowds of ppl to attend. For me personally I wanted to go to Funkon 2, and drove up to Wondercon cause I thought there was a small chance she could have been given out. Having more hype for an event is a great thing. Even though I didnt get one there I had 2 friends (that both happened to be SW's fans) both got lucky with a ticket and I was super excited for them. Winning something from an event has so much more meaning (well to me personally) then it would just to get one from a random mystery box.

I agree- I’m enjoying the hype they’re building for it! Just curious which event they’ll choose to give majority of them out at
Instagram- calebshiny

Blitzfreeze

Postby Blitzfreeze » Fri May 19, 2023 4:32 pm

I bet they'll dump the rest at Fundays.
ImageImageImageImageImage
SDCC 1999-2023

basvanderwerff

Postby basvanderwerff » Fri May 19, 2023 5:40 pm

Dv8sian wrote:
basvanderwerff wrote:
Mawhonic7 wrote:

Knowing Funko they will probably prolong things. It makes sense for them to use this as Marketing tool to help bring more ppl to various events. Like Hall H was pretty small last year. If people think there is a chance for Ahsoka to show up it will drive crowds of ppl to attend. For me personally I wanted to go to Funkon 2, and drove up to Wondercon cause I thought there was a small chance she could of been given out. Having more hype for an event is a great thing. Even though I didnt get one there I had 2 friends (that both happened to be SW's fans) both got lucky with a ticket and I was super excited for them. Winning something from an event has so much more meaning (well to me personally) then it would just to get one from a random mystery box.

They messed up the initial handout then handed out a few here and there cause they had them on hand anyway not as a way to cause some hype else they whould also have shown up at star wars celebration in the UK when they showed the Ahsoka trailer, and if it was for some hype they whould never have planned to hand them all out at the same time in the first place anyway.

Again if they keep handing out a few here and there at this rate it wil be over a decade before they al handed out and people will lose interest well before that time (there only so many times someone wil get hyped for a tiny chance to get one just to get disapointed again), not to mention it will pretty much screw anyone over in the EU that wants one cause they rarely if ever do any type of these events there and online prices would stay insane.
And them continuing with such a slow trickle of these from a very beloved character whould really leave a sour taste in alot of fans mouths, the only ones benefiting from a slow trickle whould be resellers.

wolfy233

Postby wolfy233 » Fri May 19, 2023 5:52 pm

Blitzfreeze wrote:I bet they'll dump the rest at Fundays.

It does feel like they would do a table drop...if they have tables this year.

mattytreks

Postby mattytreks » Fri May 19, 2023 6:00 pm

I hope for everyone's sake that is looking to purchase one on the secondary market (potentially myself included) that sellers flood eBay during SDCC week and drive the price down as far as possible. The question is, down how far...

runtodere

Postby runtodere » Fri May 19, 2023 8:31 pm

ocwankenobi wrote:
Dv8sian wrote:
ocwankenobi wrote:
I only have 3 confirmed to collectors. And 15 listed or sold foe 1,500-8000 on ebay. Check in !!! (check in forever location ahsokas i mean)

I know of 3 forever homes here in San Diego (4 if you count mine), I know 2 local collectors that legit that won it Wondercon (one being on the 3rd floor of the arena) and 1 that purchased it from a lady after Wondercon for a reasonable price.

So 7 homes.
15 ebay.

478 to go.... haha.

I'm counting down. I can only pray I get a chance!

FlinksPoppinPics

Postby FlinksPoppinPics » Fri May 19, 2023 8:57 pm

I think we'll be seeing more of this pop in July

Jonathan (Jenkins) | IG: @FlinksPoppinPics
Make life one long weekend!
#FunkoFamily since 2015

Blitzfreeze

Postby Blitzfreeze » Fri May 19, 2023 9:09 pm

wolfy233 wrote:

Gotta make sure I sit in the rigged section this year for sure.
ImageImageImageImageImage
SDCC 1999-2023

x3r0

Postby x3r0 » Fri May 19, 2023 9:18 pm

Blitzfreeze wrote:
wolfy233 wrote:

Gotta make sure I sit in the rigged section this year for sure.

I shouldn’t be laughing at this. But this makes me question lol

Rigged or not. But. I don’t think or know if that’s a good choice for words to use …

But I have seen interesting moves during 1st Funkon event to say the least …
Collecting since 2010

..I like to take photos of anything...

Funko Hollywood's Sid and Marty Krofft
Funko Hollywood’s Funkon

Instagram: Euphoria Imaging

basvanderwerff

Postby basvanderwerff » Sat May 20, 2023 3:44 am

mattytreks wrote:I hope for everyone's sake that is looking to purchase one on the secondary market (potentially myself included) that sellers flood eBay during SDCC week and drive the price down as far as possible. The question is, down how far...
I whould not be surprised if they hover around 1500ish limited quantity + super popular character from star wars (that has a show coming) + the current hype around the mystery of the pop

El_PANDA

Postby El_PANDA » Sat May 20, 2023 12:49 pm

jcrook wrote:
pberickp wrote:

I can see it being given away at Hall H like they did at WonderCon.

Hope it’s Atleast random in the redemption area like last year

Return to “Pop!”