The Enigmatic Ahsoka SDCC Hall H POP 78 (4/13/24) the COUNT continues)

We're not talking about soda, folks. This forum is dedicated to Funko's stylish Pop! series of vinyl figures, with or without springs.
Forum rules
This section is for general Pop discussion, not showing off your recent acquisitions. Please use the Dance Hall for collection addition pictures.

Please post Funko subscription box and item discussions in the Powered By Funko section.
Chase Variant
Location: The wild, wild west, a state that's untouchable like Elliot Ness

Re: The Enigmatic Ahsoka SDCC Hall H POP

Postby Chase Variant » Thu Mar 02, 2023 1:51 pm

Ahsoka is the one Star Wars character I’m completist about, so I’m hoping this turns up some place I can attend.

drtorch

Postby drtorch » Fri Mar 03, 2023 1:55 am

My bet is it turns up at Star Wars Celebration Europe

PopPChulo

Postby PopPChulo » Sat Mar 04, 2023 4:14 pm

hpellot wrote:
rexflexall wrote:
PopPChulo wrote:
I can only assume it shall surface with a new round of exclusives

I hope so!

we all hope it comes out

Lol it’s definitely going to surface at some point. Whether it’s at this years fundays or the next hall h event; they will definitely drop it. I’m still genuinely confused how some even slipped out through the cracks
PopPChulo

Funko Enthusiast/Creative Idea Expert/Music Analyst/Pop Culture Geek :freddy3:

"Creativity is all around you.. How you chose to use that creativity is at your disgression" - Pop-P Chulo

Blitzfreeze

Postby Blitzfreeze » Mon Mar 06, 2023 12:51 am

PopPChulo wrote:
hpellot wrote:
rexflexall wrote:
I hope so!

we all hope it comes out

Lol it’s definitely going to surface at some point. Whether it’s at this years fundays or the next hall h event; they will definitely drop it. I’m still genuinely confused how some even slipped out through the cracks

That's a fascinating story. What happened on site is that Funko failed to obfuscate the boxes properly, so once the sharks smelled blood in the water and knew what boxes numbers meant which pops, they started mobbing the distro area. This with the fact that Funko and CCI got their wires severely crossed on distro (Funko stated at the panel it went until 7pm, but distro actually closed at 5pm when the convention closed) and THEN it got so intense the fire Marshall had to evacuate certain areas of the distro hotel because of the mass of people trying to scam and trade as people exited the building, plus all the people waiting for "box 5" to show up inside with Ahsoka since by process of elimination all other pops were figured out.

As always rumor traveled fast, and the volunteers handing out the pops are just that, volunteers, as are most people at SDCC because CCI only pays a very tiny handful of people (we saw this when their tax info was leaked last year) none of which were on site at an offsite distro. So one of the volunteers after closing obviously found the pallet with the box 5s that never got broken into (because distro didn't last long enough to get to them, they were apparently in the very back) and opened a box and stole a couple ahsokas out of it, at least two we know of.

Source: I work risk management and asset protection and have consulted with both CCI and the San Diego Convnetion Center via the City of San Diego previously.
ImageImageImageImageImage
SDCC 1999-2023

NoobMaster69

Postby NoobMaster69 » Mon Mar 06, 2023 3:58 am

Blitzfreeze wrote:
PopPChulo wrote:
hpellot wrote:
we all hope it comes out

That's a fascinating story. What happened on site is that Funko failed to obfuscate the boxes properly, so once the sharks smelled blood in the water and knew what boxes numbers meant which pops, they started mobbing the distro area. This with the fact that Funko and CCI got their wires severely crossed on distro (Funko stated at the panel it went until 7pm, but distro actually closed at 5pm when the convention closed) and THEN it got so intense the fire Marshall had to evacuate certain areas of the distro hotel because of the mass of people trying to scam and trade as people exited the building, plus all the people waiting for "box 5" to show up inside with Ahsoka since by process of elimination all other pops were figured out.

As always rumor traveled fast, and the volunteers handing out the pops are just that, volunteers, as are most people at SDCC because CCI only pays a very tiny handful of people (we saw this when their tax info was leaked last year) none of which were on site at an offsite distro. So one of the volunteers after closing obviously found the pallet with the box 5s that never got broken into (because distro didn't last long enough to get to them, they were apparently in the very back) and opened a box and stole a couple ahsokas out of it, at least two we know of.

Source: I work risk management and asset protection and have consulted with both CCI and the San Diego Convnetion Center via the City of San Diego previously.

This is wild! Now it makes more sense with your explanation of events. Thanks for the 411 on this topic. Definitely planning to stay longer on Sunday to make sure I don’t miss anything.

rexflexall

Postby rexflexall » Mon Mar 06, 2023 10:47 am

Blitzfreeze wrote:
PopPChulo wrote:
hpellot wrote:
we all hope it comes out

That's a crazy story! I volunteered last year for the retail distribution, but I was only part of the crew that did the SDCC con only merchandise like the shirts and stuff that was only sold with the SDCC logo on it.

hpellot

Postby hpellot » Mon Mar 06, 2023 1:47 pm

Blitzfreeze wrote:
PopPChulo wrote:
hpellot wrote:
we all hope it comes out

Wow thanks for sharing this info
ImageImageImage

Some people call me the orange hoodie

ISO funko Force creature from black lagoon chase Glow in the dark

PopPChulo

Postby PopPChulo » Mon Mar 06, 2023 4:20 pm

Blitzfreeze wrote:
PopPChulo wrote:
hpellot wrote:
we all hope it comes out

Sheesh yeah that is indeed a very crazy story
PopPChulo

"Creativity is all around you.. How you chose to use that creativity is at your disgression" - Pop-P Chulo

rexflexall

Postby rexflexall » Wed Mar 08, 2023 11:44 am

Hopefully Funko will just gift me one of these Ahsokas? LOL

Bam808

Postby Bam808 » Wed Mar 08, 2023 12:01 pm

Hopefully it shall be released in the near future, one ive been definetely keeping my eyes open for.

runtodere

Postby runtodere » Wed Mar 08, 2023 12:26 pm

rexflexall wrote:Hopefully Funko will just gift me one of these Ahsokas? LOL

That's a nice gift.....

theraven00

Postby theraven00 » Wed Mar 08, 2023 12:26 pm

Wow, that’s a crazy story but also makes sense. Reminds me of the Mono Conan giveaway that had to be canceled on the last day due to overly aggressive people.
Poppin'

runtodere

Postby runtodere » Wed Mar 08, 2023 12:27 pm

PopPChulo wrote:
Blitzfreeze wrote:
PopPChulo wrote:

Sheesh yeah that is indeed a very crazy story

This makes so much sense and crazy at the same time.I'm surprised any made them back to Funko honestly

DougieFresh_83

Postby DougieFresh_83 » Wed Mar 08, 2023 1:43 pm

drtorch wrote:My bet is it turns up at Star Wars Celebration Europe

This is what I'm thinking as well. It would be a perfect spot for it to pop up.

darqa

Postby darqa » Wed Mar 08, 2023 11:34 pm

rexflexall wrote:Hopefully Funko will just gift me one of these Ahsokas? LOL

That would be nice1 :freddy1:

rexflexall

Postby rexflexall » Thu Mar 09, 2023 11:40 am

DougieFresh_83 wrote:

This is what I'm thinking as well. It would be a perfect spot for it to pop up.

UGH wish I was going!

Mario Wario

Postby Mario Wario » Thu Mar 09, 2023 11:42 am

Maybe…big maybe. But I wouldn’t be shocked if so.
:freddy1:

hpellot

Postby hpellot » Thu Mar 09, 2023 3:01 pm

Mario Wario wrote:

I can only hope it dfoes
ImageImageImage

FunkOCD

Postby FunkOCD » Thu Mar 09, 2023 11:06 pm

Blitzfreeze wrote:
PopPChulo wrote:
hpellot wrote:
we all hope it comes out

What a smoking gun of a post!
ImageImageImageImage

slimpicks

Postby slimpicks » Fri Mar 10, 2023 12:18 am

hpellot wrote:
Mario Wario wrote:

I can only hope it dfoes

Funko is having a panel. im pretty sure thats where we will see her
Charles aka slimpicks
instagram: Funko_slimpicks
ImageImage
Funko Fundays - 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2021, 2022, 2023
Funko Fright night - 2016
Funko HQ grand opening - 2017
Funko "Making Fun - The Story of Funko" - 2018
Funko HQ Hollywood - 2019
Funkon Hollywood 2021
FDO San Diego 2023

Chingy

Postby Chingy » Fri Mar 10, 2023 10:48 am

Blitzfreeze wrote:
PopPChulo wrote:
hpellot wrote:
we all hope it comes out

HOOOOOLY SMOKES.

hpellot

Postby hpellot » Fri Mar 10, 2023 1:43 pm

slimpicks wrote:
hpellot wrote:
Mario Wario wrote:Maybe…big maybe. But I wouldn’t be shocked if so.

I can only hope it dfoes

That would be cool
ImageImageImage

mongoose12

Postby mongoose12 » Fri Mar 10, 2023 1:48 pm

hpellot wrote:
slimpicks wrote:
hpellot wrote:
I can only hope it dfoes

That would be cool

That would be cool

CaseyJones14
HOF 2022 & CotM & CotY
HOF 2022 & CotM & CotY

Postby CaseyJones14 » Fri Mar 10, 2023 1:51 pm

mongoose12 wrote:
hpellot wrote:
slimpicks wrote:

That would be cool

That would be cool

Brett - caseyj0nes14 on Instagram
ISO - Dorbz and McNugget Protos!

Wiselordship

Postby Wiselordship » Fri Mar 10, 2023 2:37 pm

Blitzfreeze wrote:
PopPChulo wrote:
hpellot wrote:
we all hope it comes out

Sounds about on par with most of the things they have done lately. Just another event some kind of enforcement had to be involved. lol.

NoobMaster69

Postby NoobMaster69 » Fri Mar 10, 2023 3:57 pm

With SDCC 2023 a few months out, perhaps they’ll just bring it back? Considering the sticker already says Hall H, I think that would be ideal for SDCC tickets holders already hahaha. I’m certainly saying this from a biased standpoint btw. I’m sure many can agree too hahaha

Jade10881

Postby Jade10881 » Fri Mar 10, 2023 10:27 pm

Blitzfreeze wrote:
PopPChulo wrote:
hpellot wrote:
we all hope it comes out

Yikes. I went later and tried to wait it out but they said I had to take what was there and leave. All the boxes on the table were the same ugh. I got a stranger things so can’t complain.

Weazel01

Postby Weazel01 » Sun Mar 12, 2023 11:24 am

This pop still hasn’t surfaced yet? Interesting, the one I really wanted was the Cobra Kai one

Pryde72

Postby Pryde72 » Sun Mar 12, 2023 2:54 pm

I would not be surprised to see it turn up at Celebration in the UK

It makes sense
I used to be a werewolf, but I’m alright nooooooooooow :cat:

NoobMaster69

Postby NoobMaster69 » Sun Mar 12, 2023 6:55 pm

Weazel01 wrote:This pop still hasn’t surfaced yet? Interesting, the one I really wanted was the Cobra Kai one

Johnny Lawrence? I’ve see quite a few for sale - pretty sure you can check eBay for one and snag it. The pop was pretty sweet and I think it was LE500?

willy wonka
Collector of the Month
Collector of the Month

Postby willy wonka » Sun Mar 12, 2023 7:45 pm

Yeah that is another possibility. But they would still have the hall H stickers on them unless the just put the other sticker over top.
Just call me Joe...

ImageImage
ISO: Freddy Mad Hatter LE 1/24, Mad Hatter Protos,
SDCC 4 Pack Dorbz(Found thanks to another Funatic)

Pryde72

Postby Pryde72 » Mon Mar 13, 2023 10:51 am

willy wonka wrote:Yeah that is another possibility. But they would still have the hall H stickers on them unless the just put the other sticker over top.

My honest feeling is that they wouldn’t change the stickers, and no one would care \:D/
I used to be a werewolf, but I’m alright nooooooooooow :cat:

PopPChulo

Postby PopPChulo » Mon Mar 13, 2023 2:02 pm

willy wonka wrote:Yeah that is another possibility. But they would still have the hall H stickers on them unless the just put the other sticker over top.

I honestly feel like they could use them for Hall H 2023 and no one would complain lol
PopPChulo

Mario Wario

Postby Mario Wario » Tue Mar 14, 2023 10:32 pm

CaseyJones14 wrote:
mongoose12 wrote:
hpellot wrote:
That would be cool

That would be cool

Indeed. lol
:freddy1:

FunkOCD

Postby FunkOCD » Wed Mar 15, 2023 1:44 am

PopPChulo wrote:

I honestly feel like they could use them for Hall H 2023 and no one would complain lol

It's in the landfill already! LOL
ImageImageImageImage

runtodere

Postby runtodere » Wed Mar 15, 2023 10:20 am

I just realized - knowing Funko now that they know the demand they're going to produce another 100K of them and make them a common. Ha

NoobMaster69

Postby NoobMaster69 » Thu Mar 16, 2023 1:48 am

PopPChulo wrote:

AGREED! LMAO. In fact, that’s what I’m rooting for!

drtorch

Postby drtorch » Fri Mar 17, 2023 12:46 am

Blitzfreeze wrote:
PopPChulo wrote:
hpellot wrote:
we all hope it comes out

I was staying at the Hyatt and saw all the chaos. I had no idea this all happened. It explains a lot. I am a huge Star Wars collector and Ahsoka was the only one I really wanted. The others were cool, but that was the one I was hoping for. I still have never seen one.

Blitzfreeze

Postby Blitzfreeze » Fri Mar 17, 2023 12:53 am

One sold on eBay, and one was auctioned off for over five grand on a Facebook live? auction I believe it was.
ImageImageImageImageImage
SDCC 1999-2023

Legion Of Boom
HoF 2023 & Spirit
HoF 2023 & Spirit

Postby Legion Of Boom » Fri Mar 17, 2023 5:17 am

If there's a box-of-fun this year, my guess is that we see it at Fundays or maybe even put randomly in the online BOF. Imagine it being in the online BOF, that would cause some sort of hysteria LOL
name's Av

Instagram - @av.cruz // Twitter - @avcruz76

IG & Twitter - @averagenerdpod

Fundays 2014 - Fundays 2015 - Fundays 2016 - Fundays 2017 - Fundays 2018 - Fundays 2019 - Fundays 2022 - Fundays 2023
Fright Night 2016 - Fright Night II 2022

FDO8SF 2018 - FDO9SAC 2023
"Making Fun" World Premiere - Hollywood 2018
Funko Hollywood Grand Opening 2019
FunKon 2021 - FunKon 2022

Return to “Pop!”