The Enigmatic Ahsoka SDCC Hall H POP 78 (4/13/24) the COUNT continues)

We're not talking about soda, folks. This forum is dedicated to Funko's stylish Pop! series of vinyl figures, with or without springs.
Forum rules
This section is for general Pop discussion, not showing off your recent acquisitions. Please use the Dance Hall for collection addition pictures.

Please post Funko subscription box and item discussions in the Powered By Funko section.
Praxis52

Re: The Enigmatic Ahsoka SDCC Hall H POP

Postby Praxis52 » Wed Mar 29, 2023 9:08 pm

I'm so jealous of all of those funatics that were able to get that Ahsoka Pop! You guys are so lucky!!!

XavierSoup

Postby XavierSoup » Wed Mar 29, 2023 9:37 pm

ocwankenobi wrote:Stories ? Legends? Rumors ?

Whatever you have. Let's hear it. Only thing I saw was one sold on ebay recently. Other than that I has this very tiny dream of it showing up at Mask-O-Raid but it didn't.

If there is a thread about this already my apologies and a link would be appreciated.

I'm betting they'll give tickets for the rest of them at sdcc pop talk 2023. Hopefully they do that.

NCDS

Postby NCDS » Wed Mar 29, 2023 10:45 pm

Comicbookwriter wrote:Okay this may be long, so strap in …I was at the WonderCon 2023 Funko Panel and sitting in the floor seats in the center at the back, last row. Staff kept running opposite of us handing out the tickets. They gave away 25 tickets during 5 different times. I was so disappointed cause the staff was finished handing the fanatic tickets out…or so I thought. One more staffer had a ticket and was about to dart past me! I jumped out and screamed “Let’s go!!” I think I scared him cause he handed me the last ticket. I was so excited! The panel wrapped, we all got our Freddy Peter Pans and we were waiting to get them signed. Time was passing for quiet a bit. Turned out Mike and Brian were outside the convention and I had just missed them. So I decided to redeem my ticket. I entered the new hallway and one random guy asked me my number. I hadn’t even looked. I told him “#5” and he smiled! He said “you’re getting a huge surprise!!” I continued on and eventually security made my friend stay behind. As I walked further down, I was directed to an escalator. As soon as I made it to the bottom, two guys asked my number and as soon as I mentioned #5 they offered to buy it. I said, “Guys, I don’t even know what I’m getting.” I wasn’t planning on selling anything! So I made my way into the redemption hallway and every ten feet, I was asked my number and ushered to keep going. Then I hit the last room. Two staff members were there, asked to see my ticket and handed me a box. They asked if I would like to open it there. I was like “yes please!” As I carefully opened the cardboard box, I saw it!!! Funko Ahsoka Hall H LE 500!!!! I nearly cried out but I was def making some noise!! They said, it’s why they were at the back of the hallway so we could go crazy!! I told them I was one of the biggest Star Wars fans around!! I showed them pics of my Star Wars bar I built during the panademic! I was so excited! I asked how did they even have them and they said, “we found a missing box and wanted to reward our fans in some way!” I was blown away!!! I stayed so long that another guy came to redeem his ticket and we high fived each other! So end of the Con and the story, right?? Wrong! As I make my way back to my car and as I’m crossing a driveway, I look up and notice in the corner of my eye, a passing Ashley Eckstein! I thought to myself no way! She was stopped by police to allow a car to pass so I make my way back to her and see it is her!! I immediately started talking to her, reminding her I’m the guy with the bar. She remembers me and says “walk with me, I’m late.” She was meeting some WonderCon suits to finish up the fashion show. As we walked, we talked about the pop, Star Wars, the convention, her retiring dad, my retiring mom, all of it. We get to her spot and the suits start talking to her. She says, hold on and introduces me as her good friend and she needs to sign something for me. They ask if we would like to go inside for a private signing. It was inside this closed off section, where Ashley starts talking to me about Star Wars and family. The whole time she’s prepping her paint pen. She signs it with the #1, something she only does for all first time pops, and takes tons of pics with me! It was all so surreal! My next goal is to have Rosario Dawson sign it to complete the pop!! It was an amazing adventure, a fun encounter and a special memory I will cherish for a long, long time! Image

Congrats, that is such a fun story.
ISO Pockets Snapsie
2018 Punk Rock Bowling Champion

brunette_nerdette

Postby brunette_nerdette » Wed Mar 29, 2023 10:47 pm

Comicbookwriter wrote:Okay this may be long, so strap in …I was at the WonderCon 2023 Funko Panel and sitting in the floor seats in the center at the back, last row. Staff kept running opposite of us handing out the tickets. They gave away 25 tickets during 5 different times. I was so disappointed cause the staff was finished handing the fanatic tickets out…or so I thought. One more staffer had a ticket and was about to dart past me! I jumped out and screamed “Let’s go!!” I think I scared him cause he handed me the last ticket. I was so excited! The panel wrapped, we all got our Freddy Peter Pans and we were waiting to get them signed. Time was passing for quiet a bit. Turned out Mike and Brian were outside the convention and I had just missed them. So I decided to redeem my ticket. I entered the new hallway and one random guy asked me my number. I hadn’t even looked. I told him “#5” and he smiled! He said “you’re getting a huge surprise!!” I continued on and eventually security made my friend stay behind. As I walked further down, I was directed to an escalator. As soon as I made it to the bottom, two guys asked my number and as soon as I mentioned #5 they offered to buy it. I said, “Guys, I don’t even know what I’m getting.” I wasn’t planning on selling anything! So I made my way into the redemption hallway and every ten feet, I was asked my number and ushered to keep going. Then I hit the last room. Two staff members were there, asked to see my ticket and handed me a box. They asked if I would like to open it there. I was like “yes please!” As I carefully opened the cardboard box, I saw it!!! Funko Ahsoka Hall H LE 500!!!! I nearly cried out but I was def making some noise!! They said, it’s why they were at the back of the hallway so we could go crazy!! I told them I was one of the biggest Star Wars fans around!! I showed them pics of my Star Wars bar I built during the panademic! I was so excited! I asked how did they even have them and they said, “we found a missing box and wanted to reward our fans in some way!” I was blown away!!! I stayed so long that another guy came to redeem his ticket and we high fived each other! So end of the Con and the story, right?? Wrong! As I make my way back to my car and as I’m crossing a driveway, I look up and notice in the corner of my eye, a passing Ashley Eckstein! I thought to myself no way! She was stopped by police to allow a car to pass so I make my way back to her and see it is her!! I immediately started talking to her, reminding her I’m the guy with the bar. She remembers me and says “walk with me, I’m late.” She was meeting some WonderCon suits to finish up the fashion show. As we walked, we talked about the pop, Star Wars, the convention, her retiring dad, my retiring mom, all of it. We get to her spot and the suits start talking to her. She says, hold on and introduces me as her good friend and she needs to sign something for me. They ask if we would like to go inside for a private signing. It was inside this closed off section, where Ashley starts talking to me about Star Wars and family. The whole time she’s prepping her paint pen. She signs it with the #1, something she only does for all first time pops, and takes tons of pics with me! It was all so surreal! My next goal is to have Rosario Dawson sign it to complete the pop!! It was an amazing adventure, a fun encounter and a special memory I will cherish for a long, long time! Image

So cool and an awesome story!!!! That pop is so pretty hope to see more at more events. Definitely a grail piece on my dream list.
:SW1: Collector since 2013 • Funatic of the Week 2022
NYCC 2023
C2E2 2024

Fandoms:
Star Wars, Marvel, Anime, & DC

Brianbiz

Postby Brianbiz » Wed Mar 29, 2023 10:48 pm

Whatever you have. Let's hear it. Only thing I saw was one sold on ebay recently. Other than that I has this very tiny dream of it showing up at Mask-O-Raid but it didn't.

If there is a thread about this already my apologies and a link would be appreciated.

Hoping one day to get it but I have a feeling it will be impossible.

jzq88

Postby jzq88 » Wed Mar 29, 2023 11:05 pm

so cool!
:freddy3:

Comicbookwriter

Postby Comicbookwriter » Thu Mar 30, 2023 12:24 am

My feeling is that they will use the Hall H Ahoskas as rewards on the Road Trip and it will be finally handed out by this SDCC. After talking to then I was getting the feeling that they still had more to give out. Ultimately who knows but hopefully the force will be with you all!
ImageImageImage

Geescube
HoF 2016 & CotM
HoF 2016 & CotM

Postby Geescube » Thu Mar 30, 2023 4:15 am

Realllly wish I was there for the Wondercon panel on Sat :(

Ginzo1622

Postby Ginzo1622 » Thu Mar 30, 2023 5:46 am

Geescube wrote:Realllly wish I was there for the Wondercon panel on Sat :(

That's only give you a chance. You need more luck to get it during that time
Fundays 2022 - Proto Robots
Fright Night 2022
Fundays 2023 - Protomoa Wolves

Don't stand in my way!!!

:whdat:

emoagogo
HoF 2023 & Spirit
HoF 2023 & Spirit

Postby emoagogo » Thu Mar 30, 2023 8:38 am

I wanted to describe how ominous that room and process was but didn’t want to write a long post like this lol but yah this is how it went down! It was a little scary down there with all the black suit security and how quiet it was. Great story! Good luck on getting the Dawson dig too!

Emo or Emilio is fine.
ISO: Pixar Protos
IG: emoagogo

Comicbookwriter

Postby Comicbookwriter » Thu Mar 30, 2023 11:54 am

emoagogo wrote:

I wanted to describe how ominous that room and process was but didn’t want to write a long post like this lol but yah this is how it went down! It was a little scary down there with all the black suit security and how quiet it was. Great story! Good luck on getting the Dawson dig too!

Oh man!! It was crazy, the long walk and every ten feet “show us your ticket please!” Congrats on your win too!! I really wanted to keep the ticket but I was so caught up I just handed it over. I would’ve been cool if they ripped it, wrote void or whatever! I did take a pic with it at the panel!
ImageImageImage

runtodere

Postby runtodere » Thu Mar 30, 2023 1:10 pm

That's awesome! Great story! Like I was there!

runtodere

Postby runtodere » Thu Mar 30, 2023 1:14 pm

XavierSoup wrote:

I'm betting they'll give tickets for the rest of them at sdcc pop talk 2023. Hopefully they do that.

Honestly, with all the hype I actually hope they don't. Seeing the number of scalpers with 5+ bags from the funko booth pushing and shoving to get those tickets in a free for all is just not appealing.

AnyGivenFunko

Postby AnyGivenFunko » Thu Mar 30, 2023 1:21 pm

I'm a big Star Wars fan myself and I love reading this kind of stories. This is so awesome. It was meant to be!
Dennis
IG: AnyGivenFunko

Funko Events: "17, "22, and "23 Fundays, "Making Fun" Hollywood Premiere, Irvine Spectrum PEZ event, Funko Hollywood Grand Opening, FDO8, FDO9, FunKon Hollywood, "22 & "23 Mask-O-raid, Fright Night II, Bob's Big Boy

Imagery
Hall of Fame Class of 2022
Hall of Fame Class of 2022

Postby Imagery » Thu Mar 30, 2023 5:50 pm

NCDS wrote:
Imagery wrote:
NCDS wrote:Can you chug two? I might need some help.

Haha, maybe in different sessions

But that is not a no \:D/

What can I say, I like corn
Funklub member 2016000004714 a.k.a. Sarah
ISO: Ursula, 1/24 Freddy Mad Hatter; NBC Zero Mopeez; Despicable Me 3 Target exclusive PSHs; Freddy Flux Winky and Smiley; HT & Walmart exclusive Disney Villains MMs
Funko events attended: 2016 Fright Night; 2017 & 2018 FDO — Canada; Funkon 2021; Fundays Teams 2017 — Justice League, 2018 — Goonies, 2019 — Loko Moko, 2021 — Proto Punks, 2022 — Pop Protectors

FunkOCD

Postby FunkOCD » Thu Mar 30, 2023 6:42 pm

This was *THE* BEST story of someone so deserving of this prize. Congrats and so glad it went to as big of a fan as you are!
ImageImageImageImage

FunkoFresh253

Postby FunkoFresh253 » Fri Mar 31, 2023 12:21 am

wow. awesome story!!! these fanatic stories are the best. im sure we all have ours little or big, but this one definitely up there in awesomeness
Team Goonies! Team Pop Protectors! Team Lumberjacks!Image

drtorch

Postby drtorch » Fri Mar 31, 2023 12:27 am

NCDS wrote:

Congrats, that is such a fun story.

Best story! This is why I love Funko so much! Congrats!

questkid32

Postby questkid32 » Fri Mar 31, 2023 12:54 am

The Eckstein story is awesome - good for you, man!

LoneWolf72

Postby LoneWolf72 » Fri Mar 31, 2023 7:01 am

I was there that day last year at Hall H when they gave out the tickets to go get your prize box. All I have to say is after I got my box and spent an hour in the lobby trading for what I wanted, not one person had the Ahsoka. But it was rumored to be there. I also recently heard a rumor of one being handed out to someone at Wondercon.
Last edited by LoneWolf72 on Fri Mar 31, 2023 7:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
I'm Chad AKA Mr. StarWarner.
Image Image
Collecting since 2013
Fundays: 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2022, 2023
Virtual Con (2020), and Funkon (2021)
Funko Panel, Bingo Night (SDCC)
Funko Panel, Hall H (SDCC)
Fright Night San Diego
Funko HQ Grand Opening
FDO: Los Angeles (×2), Sacramento, and Baltimore (×2)
Fun on the Run, San Diego

LoneWolf72

Postby LoneWolf72 » Fri Mar 31, 2023 7:08 am

That's an amazing story, but being a huge Star Wars fan myself I must admit I'm really jealous.
I'm Chad AKA Mr. StarWarner.
Image Image
Collecting since 2013
Fundays: 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2022, 2023
Virtual Con (2020), and Funkon (2021)
Funko Panel, Bingo Night (SDCC)
Funko Panel, Hall H (SDCC)
Fright Night San Diego
Funko HQ Grand Opening
FDO: Los Angeles (×2), Sacramento, and Baltimore (×2)
Fun on the Run, San Diego

Chingy

Postby Chingy » Fri Mar 31, 2023 10:33 am

This is SUCH an incredible story. I can't tell you how much I love stuff like this and how much joy it brings me to see other funatics get rewarded with cool and unique experiences (along with awesome products). I met Ashley Eckstein once. She was extremely nice and very direct. Not in a rude way at all, just a no nonsense way. I appreciated it. Anyway, congratulations!

darqa

Postby darqa » Fri Mar 31, 2023 11:21 am

runtodere wrote:
XavierSoup wrote:

Honestly, with all the hype I actually hope they don't. Seeing the number of scalpers with 5+ bags from the funko booth pushing and shoving to get those tickets in a free for all is just not appealing.

There's got to be a way to distribute tickets without having it be a free-for-all. It disadvantages so many people that can't physically get in there and is not appealing. Could just give everyone coming into the room a ticket # and then announce afterward which ones are the winners for example, or other ways to do it, not what sounds like a Ssireum free-for-all.

brooklyn_geek

Postby brooklyn_geek » Fri Mar 31, 2023 11:56 am

Congrats to those who got this...once in a while I feel compelled to remind people...they're just cheaply made plastic toys in a cardboard box, nothing more lol

Tonka858

Postby Tonka858 » Fri Mar 31, 2023 1:35 pm

maybe they get put in the fundays boxes

NoobMaster69

Postby NoobMaster69 » Fri Mar 31, 2023 9:30 pm

Wow, that’s so dope! Well worth the read - that’s an epic memory for sure. Begs the question - what’s your Star Wars bar look like? Lol. Genuinely curious hahaha

Jade10881

Postby Jade10881 » Fri Mar 31, 2023 9:49 pm

darqa wrote:
runtodere wrote:
XavierSoup wrote:

There's got to be a way to distribute tickets without having it be a free-for-all. It disadvantages so many people that can't physically get in there and is not appealing. Could just give everyone coming into the room a ticket # and then announce afterward which ones are the winners for example, or other ways to do it, not what sounds like a Ssireum free-for-all.

This! Raffle ticket, taping tickets to the bottom of chairs, hiding it in the free pops or redemption boxes, something.

FunkOCD

Postby FunkOCD » Sat Apr 01, 2023 12:07 am

Jade10881 wrote:
darqa wrote:
runtodere wrote:Honestly, with all the hype I actually hope they don't. Seeing the number of scalpers with 5+ bags from the funko booth pushing and shoving to get those tickets in a free for all is just not appealing.

This! Raffle ticket, taping tickets to the bottom of chairs, hiding it in the free pops or redemption boxes, something.

Anything that doesn't favor a select group of people over others, periodt.
ImageImageImageImage

Comicbookwriter

Postby Comicbookwriter » Sat Apr 01, 2023 11:05 am

NoobMaster69 wrote:

Wow, that’s so dope! Well worth the read - that’s an epic memory for sure. Begs the question - what’s your Star Wars bar look like? Lol. Genuinely curious hahaha

We call it The Shoot First Cantina. I built it during the shutdown so family could have a place to relax and hang out. Here are a few pics:

ImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImage

Tonka858

Postby Tonka858 » Sat Apr 01, 2023 12:31 pm

DANG!!!

mrcory5000
Hall of Fame Class of 2006
Hall of Fame Class of 2006

Postby mrcory5000 » Sat Apr 01, 2023 12:42 pm

Great looking bar, and awesome story from WonderCon!
WE ARE FUNKO!

runtodere

Postby runtodere » Sat Apr 01, 2023 9:37 pm

Jade10881 wrote:
darqa wrote:
runtodere wrote:Honestly, with all the hype I actually hope they don't. Seeing the number of scalpers with 5+ bags from the funko booth pushing and shoving to get those tickets in a free for all is just not appealing.

As much as I love the energy - Funko is just too big with too many flippers to keep distributing like they do. It was great when Funko was small but unfortuantely it's just too big now. However, I will say that it looks like the folks that got Ahsoka for the most part were real collectors - at least from the accounts I've heard so far. That's great!

darqa

Postby darqa » Sat Apr 01, 2023 10:51 pm

runtodere wrote:
Jade10881 wrote:
darqa wrote:

As much as I love the energy - Funko is just too big with too many flippers to keep distributing like they do. It was great when Funko was small but unfortuantely it's just too big now. However, I will say that it looks like the folks that got Ahsoka for the most part were real collectors - at least from the accounts I've heard so far. That's great!

Right, things are different now than when they started. :freddy4:

rontonsoup

Postby rontonsoup » Sun Apr 02, 2023 2:59 am

El_PANDA wrote:
Jade10881 wrote:
rontonsoup wrote:
So this aged well lol

Lol I would have loved an Ahsoka but I’m happy with the Peter Pan pop

The Peter Pan Freddy looked awesome
I wish funko could have had a panel at d23

I’m sure they’ll have one at the next D23
Collecting since 2014: "A couple that collects together, stays together."

hpellot

Postby hpellot » Sun Apr 02, 2023 3:16 pm

I have come to terms with not getting one

I see the 7k sale prices and I am like nope
ImageImageImage

Some people call me the orange hoodie

ISO funko Force creature from black lagoon chase Glow in the dark

PickyFunkos

Postby PickyFunkos » Sun Apr 02, 2023 3:31 pm

Seeing these get pulled at the WonderCon panel was pretty dope.

Panda

Postby Panda » Sun Apr 02, 2023 11:44 pm

congrats to all the lucky folks

jcrook

Postby jcrook » Mon Apr 03, 2023 12:06 am

Wasn’t there at WonderCon but was following news on Twitter and when I heard about the Ahsoka pops being given away, it made me regret not going to WonderCon, I’ll be there for sure next year, hope Funko continues doing panels there.
Funko Fundays 2017
FunKon 2021
SDCC 2017, 2018, 2022

I go by Crook

sushiguru

Postby sushiguru » Mon Apr 03, 2023 4:00 am

that's a neat setup!

2017fanatic

Postby 2017fanatic » Mon Apr 03, 2023 9:51 am

Wow!! Congratulations!! Such an amazing story and the luck of it all!! These are the con experiences everyone hopes for!! Happy for you!!
Funatic of all things Funko!!

Return to “Pop!”