The Enigmatic Ahsoka SDCC Hall H POP 74 (3/5/24) the COUNT continues)

We're not talking about soda, folks. This forum is dedicated to Funko's stylish Pop! series of vinyl figures, with or without springs.
Forum rules
This section is for general Pop discussion, not showing off your recent acquisitions. Please use the Dance Hall for collection addition pictures.

Please post Funko subscription box and item discussions in the Powered By Funko section.
basvanderwerff

Re: The Enigmatic Ahsoka SDCC Hall H POP

Postby basvanderwerff » Sat May 20, 2023 2:31 pm

mattytreks wrote:I hope for everyone's sake that is looking to purchase one on the secondary market (potentially myself included) that sellers flood eBay during SDCC week and drive the price down as far as possible. The question is, down how far...

Can you imagine the chaos at hall H if they showed up with only 25 orso of them i honestly be worried for the safety of people that do get one then people get mugged for alot less.

mattytreks

Postby mattytreks » Sat May 20, 2023 6:02 pm

El_PANDA wrote:
jcrook wrote:
pberickp wrote:I really hope they drop the rest of them at SDCC. Either as part of Fundays or the Hall H panel.

I can see it being given away at Hall H like they did at WonderCon.

Hope it’s Atleast random in the redemption area like last year

They've also got to do a much better job at making the box contents less obvious this year so that people aren't able to distinguish what's inside just by seeing the markings on the outside, haha.

tokiyeo

Postby tokiyeo » Sat May 20, 2023 8:51 pm

Friend of mine got it. He got an offer for 6k. I dont think he took it

ocwankenobi

Postby ocwankenobi » Sat May 20, 2023 9:37 pm

Making this thread might have been my greatest contribution to this board. Sounds kind of sad lol...........

Over/under on how many pages this thread will be by SDCC ? I say 25. Or you can take the parlay bet and try to hit the before and after SDCC/Fundays page numbers.
(Signature powered by VALOR Industries 4.0)

chincoteague1

Postby chincoteague1 » Sun May 21, 2023 1:02 am

ocwankenobi wrote:Making this thread might have been my greatest contribution to this board. Sounds kind of sad lol...........

Over/under on how many pages this thread will be by SDCC ? I say 25. Or you can take the parlay bet and try to hit the before and after SDCC/Fundays page numbers.

I think it will be way over 25 before SDCC/Fundays.

jcrook

Postby jcrook » Sun May 21, 2023 11:06 pm

ocwankenobi wrote:Making this thread might have been my greatest contribution to this board. Sounds kind of sad lol...........

It will continue on till they release the rest of them.
Funko Fundays 2017
FunKon 2021
SDCC 2017, 2018, 2022

I go by Crook

Mawhonic7

Postby Mawhonic7 » Sun May 21, 2023 11:09 pm

I think 25 pages may be conservative by then. You should be proud of this thread. It’s quite entertaining!
Hi! I’m Eric

Dv8sian

Postby Dv8sian » Mon May 22, 2023 1:31 am

tokiyeo wrote:Friend of mine got it. He got an offer for 6k. I dont think he took it

Did your friend get it at SDCC or Wondercon?
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Dv8sian

Postby Dv8sian » Mon May 22, 2023 1:32 am

Haha Over!

Dv8sian

Postby Dv8sian » Mon May 22, 2023 1:41 am

So Interesting conversation I had over the weekend. I was at NinjaXChange Collectible Expo in Carlsbad. There was a booth there that had an Ahsoka on display. I was talking to another fellow collector about it, and he mentioned to me that actually had 2. He said that a friend of his was given one at SDCC. A Funko employee walked up to him and said I like your shirt, the friend replied I like yours too. The employee then gave him a ticket and was told to go redeem at the Funko booth. When he got to the booth the game him a Hall H Ashoka. The friend didn't collect it so he offered it to his friend (the man I spoke with). The 2nd he got form Wondercon Panel. The booth got a bit crowded and I didnt even think about it but I should of asked if he had a pic of the 2 of them.
Soooo, just wanted to toss this story for the group to see if anyone has heard of a story like this happening. Please take this information lightly as I wasn't able to validate it

ocwankenobi

Postby ocwankenobi » Mon May 22, 2023 9:57 am

Mawhonic7 wrote:

I think 25 pages may be conservative by then. You should be proud of this thread. It’s quite entertaining!

Okay well after further review 25 seems low lol. Now I feel like 50 by the end of July is not inconceivable. Double negative terrible. So apparently I am out of the running. I don't think the current price is sustainable because the more that get released obviously more will be available if they get into selling hands. That being said I didn't think some of my fundays pops would end up being worth what they are these days. The lack of exclusivity these days ironically has driven up the exclusive stuff from the past. It's kind of a lesson in collector's mentalities. Should be taught in a class one day.
(Signature powered by VALOR Industries 4.0)

Mario Wario

Postby Mario Wario » Mon May 22, 2023 10:00 am

Dv8sian wrote:

Haha Over!

Thinking the same. lol
:freddy1:

Lonikins
HoF 2020 & CotM & Spirit Award
HoF 2020 & CotM & Spirit Award

Postby Lonikins » Mon May 22, 2023 10:04 am

I truly would love to hear about what happened in this fiasco. I am wondering if they just didn't show up in time or someone was like naaaaah, let's not give them out to the Hall H people anymore. I know Funko will probably never tell us the truth, but I could wish.
Lauren - @flippiefloppies on twitter - @lonikinsfunko on IG - Spirit 2017 - CotM October 2018 - Hall of Fame Class of 2020

ImageImageImageImage

runtodere

Postby runtodere » Mon May 22, 2023 10:36 am

Dv8sian wrote:So Interesting conversation I had over the weekend. I was at NinjaXChange Collectible Expo in Carlsbad. There was a booth there that had an Ahsoka on display. I was talking to another fellow collector about it, and he mentioned to me that actually had 2. He said that a friend of his was given one at SDCC. A Funko employee walked up to him and said I like your shirt, the friend replied I like yours too. The employee then gave him a ticket and was told to go redeem at the Funko booth. When he got to the booth the game him a Hall H Ashoka. The friend didn't collect it so he offered it to his friend (the man I spoke with). The 2nd he got form Wondercon Panel. The booth got a bit crowded and I didnt even think about it but I should of asked if he had a pic of the 2 of them.
Soooo, just wanted to toss this story for the group to see if anyone has heard of a story like this happening. Please take this information lightly as I wasn't able to validate it

I wonder if Funko knew how much these things would go for when they made them. I really don't like how Funko is using them now as huge 'prizes' since they're worth so much.

basvanderwerff

Postby basvanderwerff » Mon May 22, 2023 11:10 am

Lonikins wrote:I truly would love to hear about what happened in this fiasco. I am wondering if they just didn't show up in time or someone was like naaaaah, let's not give them out to the Hall H people anymore. I know Funko will probably never tell us the truth, but I could wish.

There was a post on page 6 explaining what happened.
runtodere wrote:I wonder if Funko knew how much these things would go for when they made them. I really don't like how Funko is using them now as huge 'prizes' since they're worth so much.

Well current prizes are pretty inflated cause they not all became available at the same time, but i'm sure they had an idea this be a popular one!

wolfy233

Postby wolfy233 » Mon May 22, 2023 3:54 pm

El_PANDA wrote:
jcrook wrote:
pberickp wrote:I really hope they drop the rest of them at SDCC. Either as part of Fundays or the Hall H panel.

I can see it being given away at Hall H like they did at WonderCon.

Hope it’s Atleast random in the redemption area like last year

This is my hope too. Just stick them in random Funday boxes. It's the best option, imo.

mattytreks

Postby mattytreks » Mon May 22, 2023 3:56 pm

Dv8sian wrote:So Interesting conversation I had over the weekend. I was at NinjaXChange Collectible Expo in Carlsbad. There was a booth there that had an Ahsoka on display. I was talking to another fellow collector about it, and he mentioned to me that actually had 2. He said that a friend of his was given one at SDCC. A Funko employee walked up to him and said I like your shirt, the friend replied I like yours too. The employee then gave him a ticket and was told to go redeem at the Funko booth. When he got to the booth the game him a Hall H Ashoka. The friend didn't collect it so he offered it to his friend (the man I spoke with). The 2nd he got form Wondercon Panel. The booth got a bit crowded and I didnt even think about it but I should of asked if he had a pic of the 2 of them.

Very interesting read -- thank you for sharing.

Moral of the story: wear shirts that you think Funko staff will like lol

rexflexall

Postby rexflexall » Mon May 22, 2023 5:22 pm

Lonikins wrote:I truly would love to hear about what happened in this fiasco. I am wondering if they just didn't show up in time or someone was like naaaaah, let's not give them out to the Hall H people anymore. I know Funko will probably never tell us the truth, but I could wish.

We can handle the truth! LOL

Dv8sian

Postby Dv8sian » Mon May 22, 2023 6:15 pm

mattytreks wrote:

lol exactly my take away :D
More then Half my shirts are Funko shirts and I've never had this happen to me personally.

I remember at Funkon in LA, there was an attractive Female collector that DID wear a Bazooka Joe shirt, Becker took notice and she got a Clear Batman Proto.... So we must keep trying!

Mawhonic7

Postby Mawhonic7 » Mon May 22, 2023 6:40 pm

I had completely missed the explanation of this whole “Ahsokagate” that is on page 6 of this thread! This also explains why there are still so many Hall H Freddy’s that seem to pop up.
Hi! I’m Eric

Lexi

Postby Lexi » Mon May 22, 2023 6:44 pm

Mawhonic7 wrote:I had completely missed the explanation of this whole “Ahsokagate” that is on page 6 of this thread! This also explains why there are still so many Hall H Freddy’s that seem to pop up.

It is amazing when a topic gets going and lots of responses are posted that you can miss out on information. I try to stay up to date but everyday life like babies, school, work, house chores sometimes gets in the way.
FUNKO FUNDAYS 2015, 2016, 2022
FDO LA 6
World Premiere Making Fun

Funko Hollywood Grand Opening
FUNKON 2021

jcrook

Postby jcrook » Mon May 22, 2023 7:27 pm

mattytreks wrote:

I’ll bring a variety of shirts and just keep walking by and hopefully get “discovered” :roflmao:

But talk about LUCK, man to have gotten two, I can’t even calculate those odds.
Funko Fundays 2017
FunKon 2021
SDCC 2017, 2018, 2022

I go by Crook

jcrook

Postby jcrook » Mon May 22, 2023 7:28 pm

rexflexall wrote:

We can handle the truth! LOL

Honestly it would be interesting to know.
Funko Fundays 2017
FunKon 2021
SDCC 2017, 2018, 2022

I go by Crook

Comicbookwriter

Postby Comicbookwriter » Mon May 22, 2023 7:52 pm

Thank you for this page!! I was able to tell my story and I’ve been able to read other’s adventures. The speculation and the excitement is so awesome!!
ImageImageImage

mattytreks

Postby mattytreks » Mon May 22, 2023 10:14 pm

jcrook wrote:
mattytreks wrote:

I’ll bring a variety of shirts and just keep walking by and hopefully get “discovered” :roflmao:

But talk about LUCK, man to have gotten two, I can’t even calculate those odds.

You cannot calculate those odds because they're literally incalculable, haha.

Comicbookwriter wrote:

Thank you for this page!! I was able to tell my story and I’ve been able to read other’s adventures. The speculation and the excitement is so awesome!!

I say we'll probably be right around 23-25 pages deeep by the time SDCC rolls around.

Mawhonic7

Postby Mawhonic7 » Tue May 23, 2023 11:18 am

This is the Funatic equivalent of Moby Dick and by the end of this saga, it may be an even longer story. lol
Last edited by Mawhonic7 on Tue May 23, 2023 11:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
Hi! I’m Eric

RedRoo

Postby RedRoo » Tue May 23, 2023 11:43 am

Update on the deal i did to get my friend the pop, It arrived safe and sound and he is now a owner of one of the most expensive and rare pops to go with his Arm sleeve of tattoo's
~Guy
TEAM BACON!
"With blood and rage of crimson red,

Ripped from a corpse so freshly dead,

Together with our hellish hate,

We'll burn you all--that is your fate!"

ImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImage

hpellot

Postby hpellot » Tue May 23, 2023 11:46 am

Mawhonic7 wrote:This is the Funatic equivalent of Moby Dick and by the end of this, it may be an even longer story. lol

It will be one that got away for most of us. :)
ImageImageImage

Some people call me the orange hoodie

ISO funko Force creature from black lagoon chase Glow in the dark

Mawhonic7

Postby Mawhonic7 » Tue May 23, 2023 11:56 am

hpellot wrote:
Mawhonic7 wrote:This is the Funatic equivalent of Moby Dick and by the end of this, it may be an even longer story. lol

Call me Ahsok-mael!
Hi! I’m Eric

mattytreks

Postby mattytreks » Tue May 23, 2023 12:53 pm

Mawhonic7 wrote:
hpellot wrote:

Call me Ahsok-mael!

jcrook

Postby jcrook » Tue May 23, 2023 5:30 pm

RedRoo wrote:Update on the deal i did to get my friend the pop, It arrived safe and sound and he is now a owner of one of the most expensive and rare pops to go with his Arm sleeve of tattoo's

Glad to hear that it did arrive safe and sound.
Funko Fundays 2017
FunKon 2021
SDCC 2017, 2018, 2022

I go by Crook

jcrook

Postby jcrook » Tue May 23, 2023 5:38 pm

hpellot wrote:

I feel as though you are right, it will definitely be The One Who Got Away. Hopefully if they give out pops again in Hall H, which considering this is their 25th anniversary, I feel like they will, there will not be another enigmatic pop scenario.
Funko Fundays 2017
FunKon 2021
SDCC 2017, 2018, 2022

I go by Crook

Dahrayyal

Postby Dahrayyal » Tue May 23, 2023 6:05 pm

Man, still hoping to get this one. I’ve seen a few people around me have it and it’s so crazy. I’m wondering what it will be worth once all the pieces are out in the wild. Probably more of a long term wait now
Follow on Instagram!
https://instagram.com/dahrayyal1
Events:
Hollywood Grand Opening
Hollywood Funkon

ImageImage

Comicbookwriter

Postby Comicbookwriter » Wed May 24, 2023 1:20 am

Mawhonic7 wrote:
hpellot wrote:

Call me Ahsok-mael!

Okay, that is really funny!! Haha!!
ImageImageImage

Mario Wario

Postby Mario Wario » Wed May 24, 2023 1:59 am

Dahrayyal wrote:Man, still hoping to get this one. I’ve seen a few people around me have it and it’s so crazy. I’m wondering what it will be worth once all the pieces are out in the wild. Probably more of a long term wait now

I want one too, since I’ve been an Ahsoka fan since day 1. :bounce:
:freddy1:

NoobMaster69

Postby NoobMaster69 » Wed May 24, 2023 2:09 am

Mario Wario wrote:
Dahrayyal wrote:Man, still hoping to get this one. I’ve seen a few people around me have it and it’s so crazy. I’m wondering what it will be worth once all the pieces are out in the wild. Probably more of a long term wait now

I want one too, since I’ve been an Ahsoka fan since day 1. :bounce:

Day 1?
I’m assuming her first appearance in clone wars?
I’ll admit - it took me a few episodes to really get into her character but she’s easily one of my favorites. The whole clone wars series is my favorite arc of Star Wars.

repair-manmanmanman

Postby repair-manmanmanman » Wed May 24, 2023 2:39 am

I believe they were there in the room, they were just all on the last pallet so they didn't get to them by the end of the night. Once people figured out which one the box numbers correlated to there were people hanging back in the redemption room trying to wait it out. I was one of the first people in and out so I didn't see myself but I hung out in the MGH lobby until they kicked us out and that's what everyone what saying. Could be totally wrong, but I'm happy to accept it as the truth.
Hi, I'm CY

repair-manmanmanman

Postby repair-manmanmanman » Wed May 24, 2023 2:45 am

runtodere wrote:

I wonder if Funko knew how much these things would go for when they made them. I really don't like how Funko is using them now as huge 'prizes' since they're worth so much.

I'm with you. It's also unfortunate that they're given away at in-person events which really cuts down chances at getting one for people who don't live nearby the main cons.
Hi, I'm CY

ImranC23

Postby ImranC23 » Wed May 24, 2023 7:36 am

They were definitely there. Some employees/booth workers received them and there’s a picture of table of them behind Rosario as she was signing them before the panel.
ImageImage

Funatic of the Week: March 8th 2019
Instagram:shelfofimran
ISO:Black Cat Prototype, Freddy Funko Boba Fett, Freddy Funko as Venom

basvanderwerff

Postby basvanderwerff » Wed May 24, 2023 10:26 am

ImranC23 wrote:

They were definitely there. Some employees/booth workers received them and there’s a picture of table of them behind Rosario as she was signing them before the panel.

those worker stole them, the story is on page 6

Return to “Pop!”