I need 12 Days of Christmas in my life again

We're not talking about soda, folks. This forum is dedicated to Funko's stylish Pop! series of vinyl figures, with or without springs.
Forum rules
This section is for general Pop discussion, not showing off your recent acquisitions. Please use the Dance Hall for collection addition pictures.

Please post Funko subscription box and item discussions in the Powered By Funko section.
rexflexall

Re: I need 12 Days of Christmas in my life again

Postby rexflexall » Thu Dec 01, 2022 11:31 am

12 broke days back then LOL!

PopPChulo

Postby PopPChulo » Thu Dec 01, 2022 3:12 pm

Broseph02 wrote:I really enjoyed funkos 12 days of christmas and I wish they brought it back. It was a fun, exclusive experience for collectors! It was the time of year I looked forward to being able to buy some cool pops without having to travel to sdcc, etc

Did anyone else enjoy this event that funko put on for us, or did others not like it becuase of the bots? To be honest, bots don't bother me, they are there regardless where we go.

I miss 12 days of Christmas but I miss the traditional format. I liked when Funko would put limited numbered LE in the box but since they ax’d that ( I assume to deter flippers) I feel like it’s lost some of the allure. I wish they would just bring back the numbered LE and just randomly have them appear on the shop each day like they used to. I remember whenever it wouldn’t reveal until drop time and you’d have to make the decision whether you wanted or not quickly; it was such a adrenaline rush and a fun time!
PopPChulo

Funko Enthusiast/Creative Idea Expert/Music Analyst/Pop Culture Geek :freddy3:

"Creativity is all around you.. How you chose to use that creativity is at your disgression" - Pop-P Chulo

DrunkoPop

Postby DrunkoPop » Mon Dec 05, 2022 1:08 pm

Broseph02 wrote:I really enjoyed funkos 12 days of christmas and I wish they brought it back. It was a fun, exclusive experience for collectors! It was the time of year I looked forward to being able to buy some cool pops without having to travel to sdcc, etc

Did anyone else enjoy this event that funko put on for us, or did others not like it becuase of the bots? To be honest, bots don't bother me, they are there regardless where we go.

I sure did and I miss it a whole lot.
Image Image
ImageImage

Sarcasticguy
Hall of Fame Class of 2023
Hall of Fame Class of 2023

Postby Sarcasticguy » Mon Dec 05, 2022 2:50 pm

I definitely miss when Brian would come on the boards and announce upcoming product :(
Hi, I'm Scott.
Instagram: @Sarcasticguy89
ISO:
Any Fallout Protos
Aliens Ellen Ripley Rock Candy Proto
Furiosa and Normal Immortan Joe Protos
SDCC '13 Bloody Predator Pop!
Retro Freddy Thor | Retro Freddy Skeletor

rexflexall

Postby rexflexall » Tue Dec 06, 2022 10:57 am

Sarcasticguy wrote:I definitely miss when Brian would come on the boards and announce upcoming product :(

Exactly this!

willy wonka
Collector of the Month
Collector of the Month

Postby willy wonka » Tue Dec 06, 2022 1:58 pm

rexflexall wrote:
Sarcasticguy wrote:I definitely miss when Brian would come on the boards and announce upcoming product :(

Exactly this!

Yeah. He seems to be getting farther away from the boards lately.
Just call me Joe...

ImageImage
ISO: Freddy Mad Hatter LE 1/24, Mad Hatter Protos,
SDCC 4 Pack Dorbz(Found thanks to another Funatic)

jagpop

Postby jagpop » Tue Dec 06, 2022 4:05 pm

This box would have to come out soon. But like other have pointed out, that Tony the Tiger was stressful. I'm ok if they only do a few individual holiday drops for the rest of the month.

I am not in danger, I am the danger! A guy opens his door and gets shot and you think that of me? No. I am the one who knocks!

DrunkoPop

Postby DrunkoPop » Tue Dec 06, 2022 5:52 pm

jagpop wrote:This box would have to come out soon. But like other have pointed out, that Tony the Tiger was stressful. I'm ok if they only do a few individual holiday drops for the rest of the month.

I wasn’t around for Flocked Tony, but years later it cost me a pretty penny to get. :mir1:
Image Image
ImageImage

Katers

Postby Katers » Wed Dec 07, 2022 1:57 am

I had to pass on the last 12 days of Christmas set, and have regretted it since! I keep hoping they'll bring it back. We've gotten a few things that are close, but nothing has quite the same level of awesome. Here's hoping 2023 is our year!
Image ImageImage Image

Katers

Postby Katers » Wed Dec 07, 2022 2:03 am

Ginzo1622 wrote:
digithor wrote:I'd like to see them do the 12 days again.

People didn't love the last one though, maybe the reason why they stopped it

I think they've really stepped up their game though, look how amazing the BOF and Fright Night boxes were! Can you imagine 12 awesome days on that level? :shock:
Image ImageImage Image

Katers

Postby Katers » Wed Dec 07, 2022 2:08 am

divade23 wrote:I am a huge fan of the bundles and mystery boxes. Bring them back we are all for it. Always fun and nice surprise to get when they arent spoiled prior, which is hard these days.

I think it would be cool if they did a mix if mystery box and daily drops. Offer up the mystery box first, and you order everything and take your chances! Then do daily drops of what is in the box, and we all get to see what's coming our way with the bundle. People that don't want to take the chance on the bundle then have to take their chance on the daily drop. Fun (or frustration! lol ) for everyone that way!
Image ImageImage Image

Ginzo1622

Postby Ginzo1622 » Wed Dec 07, 2022 3:48 am

Katers wrote:
divade23 wrote:I am a huge fan of the bundles and mystery boxes. Bring them back we are all for it. Always fun and nice surprise to get when they arent spoiled prior, which is hard these days.

I think it would be cool if they did a mix if mystery box and daily drops. Offer up the mystery box first, and you order everything and take your chances! Then do daily drops of what is in the box, and we all get to see what's coming our way with the bundle. People that don't want to take the chance on the bundle then have to take their chance on the daily drop. Fun (or frustration! lol ) for everyone that way!

I think they do bundle before cause they have numbered items in the box. I don't think mystery box is necessary anymore if there is no numbered. They might as well just do a surprise reveal everyday for 12 days.
Fundays 2022 - Proto Robots
Fright Night 2022
Fundays 2023 - Protomoa Wolves

Don't stand in my way!!!

:whdat:

rexflexall

Postby rexflexall » Wed Dec 07, 2022 11:02 am

willy wonka wrote:
rexflexall wrote:

Exactly this!

I think it's been over a year maybe more!

Marvel_Mama

Postby Marvel_Mama » Wed Dec 07, 2022 5:23 pm

Ginzo1622 wrote:
Katers wrote:

I think they do bundle before cause they have numbered items in the box. I don't think mystery box is necessary anymore if there is no numbered. They might as well just do a surprise reveal everyday for 12 days.

Id be all for this for sure! I love the 12 days drops. Bring back the holiday excitement drops :)
Diedre Loves her Funko Family
marvel_mama444 on insta - formerly Divade23 Marvel_Mama

digithor

Postby digithor » Thu Dec 08, 2022 1:25 am

Katers wrote:
Ginzo1622 wrote:
digithor wrote:I'd like to see them do the 12 days again.

I think they've really stepped up their game though, look how amazing the BOF and Fright Night boxes were! Can you imagine 12 awesome days on that level? :shock:

Don't tease with the thought of that!
SDCC 2018, 2019, 2022, 2023
Fundays 2018, 2019, 2021, 2023
HQ Grand Opening, ECCC Night and meetup at HQ, Hollywood Grand Opening, World Premier Making fun
Horror fanatic, GiTD collector, Star Wars
ImageImageImageImage

Katers

Postby Katers » Thu Dec 08, 2022 1:31 am

Ginzo1622 wrote:
Katers wrote:

That would work - anything that gets us a fun 12 days of drops!
Image ImageImage Image

Katers

Postby Katers » Thu Dec 08, 2022 1:45 am

divade23 wrote:
Ginzo1622 wrote:
Katers wrote:

Id be all for this for sure! I love the 12 days drops. Bring back the holiday excitement drops :)

Next year though! Between all the sales happening this year, I have plenty of new Funko pops to keep me busy this round. I'd have made it happen if Funko dropped a 12-days pack, but my house might pop with all the pops I've added this month! lol
Image ImageImage Image

Katers

Postby Katers » Thu Dec 08, 2022 1:46 am

digithor wrote:
Katers wrote:
Ginzo1622 wrote:

Don't tease with the thought of that!

Just throwing it out there in case anyone with power is listening....! I swear, so many things we've talked about in here come to be - coincidence? Or does someone out there know we're brilliant? lol
Image ImageImage Image

FunkoAlphaBravo

Postby FunkoAlphaBravo » Thu Dec 08, 2022 2:05 am

I’m starting to think we are not going to get it :(
Hi all! We’re Annie and Beto. We have been collecting since 2016
ImageImage
ImageImage

rexflexall

Postby rexflexall » Thu Dec 08, 2022 10:38 am

FunkoAlphaBravo wrote:I’m starting to think we are not going to get it :(

Seems it may be that way!

netman97

Postby netman97 » Thu Dec 08, 2022 3:13 pm

if they start on monday the 12th, it would be don on the 23rd. C`mon Funko lets do this! :-)
Wants-
Jam Master Jay , Tupac , Notorious Big
Public enemy - Chuck D , Flavor Flav,
Boo Berry, Frankenberry, Count Chocula
Unmasked Jason Vorhees Pop
Image Image Image

digithor

Postby digithor » Fri Dec 09, 2022 3:08 am

FunkoAlphaBravo wrote:I’m starting to think we are not going to get it :(

Yeah, probably beyond that point.
HQ Grand Opening, ECCC Night and meetup at HQ, Hollywood Grand Opening, World Premier Making fun
ImageImageImageImage

Ginzo1622

Postby Ginzo1622 » Fri Dec 09, 2022 6:21 am

netman97 wrote:if they start on monday the 12th, it would be don on the 23rd. C`mon Funko lets do this! :-)

Oh we still hoping I doubt it because of the shipping delays
Fundays 2022 - Proto Robots
Fright Night 2022
Fundays 2023 - Protomoa Wolves

Don't stand in my way!!!

:whdat:

willy wonka
Collector of the Month
Collector of the Month

Postby willy wonka » Fri Dec 09, 2022 9:14 am

rexflexall wrote:
willy wonka wrote:
rexflexall wrote:
Exactly this!

Yeah its nice when he would show up on here. I haven't see him post much on the other socials either so maybe he is taking a break from it.
Just call me Joe...

ImageImage

rexflexall

Postby rexflexall » Fri Dec 09, 2022 10:29 am

willy wonka wrote:
rexflexall wrote:
willy wonka wrote:

Yeah its nice when he would show up on here. I haven't see him post much on the other socials either so maybe he is taking a break from it.

He's had quite the year so a break is reasonable.

randig

Postby randig » Fri Dec 09, 2022 10:59 am

I miss it for sure!
Fundays: 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019

ImageImage

ccampbell_20

Postby ccampbell_20 » Sat Dec 10, 2022 12:57 am

Yeah, definitely miss this, Popcultcha in Australia used to get the 12 days towards the end of it, the campout and catching up with like-minded friends was great, the flippers not so much

Weho7SD

Postby Weho7SD » Sat Dec 10, 2022 7:24 pm

I just want more Christmas Freddy's. Maybe a Freddy as Santa scene with a reindeer.

digithor

Postby digithor » Sun Dec 11, 2022 1:40 am

Weho7SD wrote:I just want more Christmas Freddy's. Maybe a Freddy as Santa scene with a reindeer.

A pop ride type would be cool, sleigh and reindeer's.
ImageImageImageImage

willy wonka
Collector of the Month
Collector of the Month

Postby willy wonka » Sun Dec 11, 2022 5:36 am

digithor wrote:
Weho7SD wrote:I just want more Christmas Freddy's. Maybe a Freddy as Santa scene with a reindeer.

A pop ride with sleigh would be cool. The reindeer could be extra's that you collect and have to put them together.
Just call me Joe...

ImageImage

LakerSpartan117

Postby LakerSpartan117 » Sun Dec 11, 2022 9:28 am

I miss the madness that was 12 days of Christmas. I remember when I was 121th in queue to purchase Flocked Tony the Tiger and after the long wait and finally getting in and purchasing it, it sold out 1 min later. Apparently bots finally got through and got the rest.

I wasn't a fan of the last 2 12 days of Christmas content, but it feels weird that it's not around anymore.
ImageImageImageImageImage

Weho7SD

Postby Weho7SD » Sun Dec 11, 2022 6:33 pm

willy wonka wrote:
digithor wrote:

A pop ride with sleigh would be cool. The reindeer could be extra's that you collect and have to put them together.

Like the train sets. You can add more to the scenes. I would be super ok with that.

Marinex

Postby Marinex » Sun Dec 11, 2022 8:28 pm

Funko Christmas isn't complete without these
:freddy2:

FireEmblemZack

Postby FireEmblemZack » Sun Dec 11, 2022 9:11 pm

Was just thinking about this!!
2020 was an amazing set of 12-day exclusives, especially with that Cap'n Crunch!!
I meannnnnn, tomorrow is Monday and it lines up! Kinda! But with the shipping delays, could just make people angry because they don't understand the delays lol
Image R.I.P. Buddy, my bestest friend

mongoose12

Postby mongoose12 » Sun Dec 11, 2022 9:29 pm

FireEmblemZack wrote:Was just thinking about this!!
2020 was an amazing set of 12-day exclusives, especially with that Cap'n Crunch!!
I meannnnnn, tomorrow is Monday and it lines up! Kinda! But with the shipping delays, could just make people angry because they don't understand the delays lol

You’re reaching my guy lol but I’m kind of hoping you’re on to something :)

digithor

Postby digithor » Mon Dec 12, 2022 1:30 am

willy wonka wrote:
digithor wrote:

Oh, I like that idea even more. They should make that for christmas one of these years, simple addition to 12 days that they can do.
ImageImageImageImage

willy wonka
Collector of the Month
Collector of the Month

Postby willy wonka » Mon Dec 12, 2022 7:55 am

digithor wrote:
willy wonka wrote:
digithor wrote:

Oh, I like that idea even more. They should make that for christmas one of these years, simple addition to 12 days that they can do.

They could even do this with sodas and put a mystery reindeer inside the can. That would make collecting these that much harder lol.
Just call me Joe...

ImageImage

digithor

Postby digithor » Tue Dec 13, 2022 12:08 am

willy wonka wrote:
digithor wrote:
willy wonka wrote:

They could even do this with sodas and put a mystery reindeer inside the can. That would make collecting these that much harder lol.

Oh the hunt for those, extra sales! :)
ImageImageImageImage

rexflexall

Postby rexflexall » Thu Dec 15, 2022 1:01 pm

mongoose12 wrote:
FireEmblemZack wrote:Was just thinking about this!!

You’re reaching my guy lol but I’m kind of hoping you’re on to something :)

May be past the deadline for sure now!

PopPChulo

Postby PopPChulo » Thu Dec 22, 2022 1:46 am

I’m going to tell you what was the golden era of funko and 12 days of Christmas. The golden era was when we used to get a shock drop on the funko shop and you’d have only a few seconds to decide if you wanted it or not. I know they are pretty married to the format they have going now with the e-mail then the drop but if they could do 12 days a Christmas and follow that format it’s the shock drops next year that would be dope: I also liked when they used to have the blind box BUT it had NUMEROUS LE POPS - they stopped doing that and just basically did standard limited editions
PopPChulo

Funko Enthusiast/Creative Idea Expert/Music Analyst/Pop Culture Geek :freddy3:

"Creativity is all around you.. How you chose to use that creativity is at your disgression" - Pop-P Chulo

Return to “Pop!”