Are Chases worth the Chase ?

We're not talking about soda, folks. This forum is dedicated to Funko's stylish Pop! series of vinyl figures, with or without springs.
Forum rules
This section is for general Pop discussion, not showing off your recent acquisitions. Please use the Dance Hall for collection addition pictures.

Please post Funko subscription box and item discussions in the Powered By Funko section.
liiilzz

Re: Are Chases worth the Chase ?

Postby liiilzz » Wed Jun 07, 2023 4:49 pm

Z_PopCollector wrote:Overtime I’ve noticed chases aren’t much different than the actual common/reg variant! Feel as if they gotten lazy with the chases lately! For example: Speed RacerChase, Samurai Jack Chase, and Luck from Black Clover Chase are all different molds other than just having eyes shut or open as the difference! Don’t get me wrong I still like going on a hunt but the lack of detail in the difference of the chases have had me feeling swindled 8-[

Totally agree, I’ll only hunt if it’s actually different. Recently hunted for Sango chase from Inuyasha. Love that one!

JJLecaros

Postby JJLecaros » Wed Jun 07, 2023 4:51 pm

only I f its a big difference between the regular and the chase. If its just chrome or glow in the dark I might pass on it. but if the pop has a different pose or head them I feel its worth it.

kmandude92

Postby kmandude92 » Wed Jun 07, 2023 5:01 pm

Different poses/molds are more worth it than anything else
Stay Lit, Y'all :-({|=
ISO:
Ezio 21 (looking for all versions - grey outfit, black outfit, blue outfit)
Logan 28 (Box Only - I have the non-bobblehead Pop itself)
Peter Parker 34 (Box Only - I have the Pop itself)
God Loki

Alanamaslama

Postby Alanamaslama » Wed Jun 07, 2023 5:59 pm

drtorch wrote:I am torn, the excitement of getting the chases is so much fun! I have decided to start buying the chases :(

For common releases, I normally wait long enough for them to hit the $20s range. If I really want the chase, I rather do that than gamble online or deal with the hassle of going out hunting.
Hey, I’m Alan!

Events checked off:

Funko Fundays 2017, FunKon 2021
SDCC 1999, 2017-2019, 2022, 2023
WonderCon 2019
Comic Con Revolution Ontario 2017, 2018, 2023
Los Angeles Comic Con 2016, 2018, 2019

Ramrod510

Postby Ramrod510 » Wed Jun 07, 2023 7:36 pm

As a new collector years back, of course! You can’t replace that feeling lining up at your local Hot Topic or Box Lunch early to score one, pulling one from a mystery box or even more rare of finding one in the wild. As a seasoned collector now though, I’m right there with you haha. Who has the time or patience for all of that?!

archieb

Postby archieb » Wed Jun 07, 2023 11:17 pm

Ramrod510 wrote:As a new collector years back, of course! You can’t replace that feeling lining up at your local Hot Topic or Box Lunch early to score one, pulling one from a mystery box or even more rare of finding one in the wild. As a seasoned collector now though, I’m right there with you haha. Who has the time or patience for all of that?!

Back then, the trick was to order the max (which was 5) on either Hot Topic or Box Lunch and you end up getting at least 1 Chase. I used to hunt a lot too but slowed down the past few years. I remember going extra crazy on The Grady Twins Target Chase Pops, never got lucky on those at all in the wild.
:freddy2:

drtorch

Postby drtorch » Sat Jun 10, 2023 1:25 pm

I do have to say nothing beats scoring a super rare pop or chase soda. The thrill is so much fun. I just hate being stuck with a bunch of duplicates and no chase.

Return to “Pop!”