Faceted Pops!

We're not talking about soda, folks. This forum is dedicated to Funko's stylish Pop! series of vinyl figures, with or without springs.
Forum rules
This section is for general Pop discussion, not showing off your recent acquisitions. Please use the Dance Hall for collection addition pictures.

Please post Funko subscription box and item discussions in the Powered By Funko section.
Stragon

Re: Faceted Pops!

Postby Stragon » Wed May 10, 2023 8:12 pm

Katers wrote:
Stragon wrote:
JCFun wrote:
Ohh, that's just a horrible feeling :eek: . Didn't happen to me, but similar story. My sister had an extra ticket for Fundays a couple years back and so decided to invite a friend from the area. The person showed up late and almost missed entry because of it :rolleyes:

Yikes. It’s funny because at Wondercon I was in line for an autograph and the girl in front of me said how not only did she get selected for the autograph session, but also was selected for a Funko slot, but she wasn’t sure she wanted to wait in line since she only wanted one pop. I was crying on the inside, I didn’t get selected.

If it helps any, all of us that didn't get a lottery slot are also crying on the inside with you! lol

I'm actually really surprised they didn't have any faceted pops at Wondercon, seems like an ideal time since it's just across the street from Disney. Or even reveals at the panel? Just when we think we've got them figured out, they leave us with questions!

Hmmm, yeah, WonderCon would have been a good venue for the faceted pops, it makes me wonder if we will get one for SDCC [-o<
FUNKO FUNDAYS: 2016,2018,2019,2022
Funko Hollywood Grand Opening
World Premiere - Making Fun
Funko Virtual Con 2020
Funko Mask O Raid 2022

Katers

Postby Katers » Thu May 11, 2023 2:01 am

Stragon wrote:
Katers wrote:
Stragon wrote:
Yikes. It’s funny because at Wondercon I was in line for an autograph and the girl in front of me said how not only did she get selected for the autograph session, but also was selected for a Funko slot, but she wasn’t sure she wanted to wait in line since she only wanted one pop. I was crying on the inside, I didn’t get selected.

If it helps any, all of us that didn't get a lottery slot are also crying on the inside with you! lol

I'm actually really surprised they didn't have any faceted pops at Wondercon, seems like an ideal time since it's just across the street from Disney. Or even reveals at the panel? Just when we think we've got them figured out, they leave us with questions!

Hmmm, yeah, WonderCon would have been a good venue for the faceted pops, it makes me wonder if we will get one for SDCC [-o<

That's the eternal question, isn't it? I know I'm hoping for something sparkly and shiny! :cheers:
Image ImageImage Image

funko_gtx91

Postby funko_gtx91 » Thu May 11, 2023 2:29 am

I wanna see a faceted Freddy

JCFun

Postby JCFun » Thu May 11, 2023 5:03 am

Katers wrote:
Stragon wrote:
Katers wrote:

That's the eternal question, isn't it? I know I'm hoping for something sparkly and shiny! :cheers:

Yeah, I'm definitely hoping it's an addition since it's a big show and a big new style :)
Image ImageImageImage

Stragon

Postby Stragon » Thu May 11, 2023 3:57 pm

JCFun wrote:
Katers wrote:
Stragon wrote:

Yeah, I'm definitely hoping it's an addition since it's a big show and a big new style :)

This seems like the longest month waiting for next month and the beginning of the reveals
Funko Virtual Con 2020
Funko Mask O Raid 2022

Meowmix4

Postby Meowmix4 » Thu May 11, 2023 7:17 pm

Wondering how far down this rabbit hole I want to go lol

So far I only have Minnie and Black Panther

Katers

Postby Katers » Fri May 12, 2023 2:08 am

Stragon wrote:
JCFun wrote:
Katers wrote:

This seems like the longest month waiting for next month and the beginning of the reveals

I'm just amazed Vader hasn't dropped yet, and the next Marvel pop hasn't officially been revealed. I appreciate the break, but I'm also frantically checking my phone each day for notifications of a drop! Until we get the next 2, we won't get more reveals, and I can't wait to see what's coming next!
Image ImageImage Image

Katers

Postby Katers » Fri May 12, 2023 2:09 am

Meowmix4 wrote:Wondering how far down this rabbit hole I want to go lol

Isn't that the trick of the rabbit holes, though? Once you go down them....can you stop??
Image ImageImage Image

Ryko87

Postby Ryko87 » Fri May 12, 2023 2:10 am

I know this is Disney right now I just hope we can see some for anime. I just think a few anime pops would look awesome like this.

Stragon

Postby Stragon » Fri May 12, 2023 3:59 pm

Katers wrote:

Isn't that the trick of the rabbit holes, though? Once you go down them....can you stop??

Nope, and that’s what they counting on :devil:
Funko Virtual Con 2020
Funko Mask O Raid 2022

Katers

Postby Katers » Sun May 14, 2023 2:02 am

Stragon wrote:
Katers wrote:

I will say though, we're going down this particular rabbit hole a lot slower than I thought we would. I figured once the Disney100 pops started rolling out, these faceted pops would be coming back to back to back! And yet, we're still waiting on Vader. And my next Marvel purchase hasn't even actually been revealed. Do they not want my money anymore?? lol
Image ImageImage Image

Meowmix4

Postby Meowmix4 » Mon May 15, 2023 3:12 pm

Katers wrote:
Stragon wrote:
Katers wrote:

I will say though, we're going down this particular rabbit hole a lot slower than I thought we would. I figured once the Disney100 pops started rolling out, these faceted pops would be coming back to back to back! And yet, we're still waiting on Vader. And my next Marvel purchase hasn't even actually been revealed. Do they not want my money anymore?? lol

True, I also thought they would make a lot more of them sooner. With SDCC about 2 months away I'm kind of glad though lol Good time to save some money.

Stragon

Postby Stragon » Mon May 15, 2023 6:32 pm

Meowmix4 wrote:
Katers wrote:
Stragon wrote:

True, I also thought they would make a lot more of them sooner. With SDCC about 2 months away I'm kind of glad though lol Good time to save some money.

Agreed, so now is not the time to start releasing them, I'm fine with them releasing a few for SDCC
Funko Virtual Con 2020
Funko Mask O Raid 2022

binarykaos

Postby binarykaos » Mon May 15, 2023 7:55 pm

They remind me of the swarvorski crystal sculptures

FuegoGlorious

Postby FuegoGlorious » Mon May 15, 2023 9:23 pm

Still on the fence for this line. I feel like I would only want it on something that makes sense faceted. Otherwise Ill get chrome vibes.
:SW7a:

Meowmix4

Postby Meowmix4 » Tue May 16, 2023 9:14 pm

Stragon wrote:
Meowmix4 wrote:
Katers wrote:

Agreed, so now is not the time to start releasing them, I'm fine with them releasing a few for SDCC

Ooh. Faceted Iron Man for SDCC please.

jcrook

Postby jcrook » Tue May 16, 2023 11:45 pm

Meowmix4 wrote:
Stragon wrote:
Meowmix4 wrote:

I have a friend who would love a faceted Iron Man
Funko Fundays 2017
FunKon 2021
SDCC 2017, 2018, 2022

I go by Crook

partner-in-crime

Postby partner-in-crime » Wed May 17, 2023 12:33 am

jcrook wrote:
Meowmix4 wrote:
Stragon wrote:

I have a friend who would love a faceted Iron Man

I can see a faceted Iron Man, the potential for awesomeness is there.
Hello funatics, I'm Alana and I love collecting dragon pops.

FUNDAYS 2016, 2018, 2019, 2022
FDO LA 8
World Premiere Making Fun
FUNKO Hollywood Grand Opening
[color=#FF8000]Mask O Raid 2022[/color]

Katers

Postby Katers » Wed May 17, 2023 2:15 am

Meowmix4 wrote:
Katers wrote:
Stragon wrote:

Shoot, we're supposed to saving money for SDCC right now? No one told me this! lol

Seriously though....makes me wonder if the facets will be unleashed on SDCC, since it's coming up fast? I'd both LOVE to see that, and dread the thought of it...!
Image ImageImage Image

Katers

Postby Katers » Wed May 17, 2023 2:15 am

binarykaos wrote:They remind me of the swarvorski crystal sculptures

They just make me WANT more swarovski figures! :mir1:
Image ImageImage Image

Katers

Postby Katers » Wed May 17, 2023 2:17 am

Meowmix4 wrote:
Stragon wrote:
Meowmix4 wrote:

That would be my dream scenario....at least, as long as I can get in to the booth! :mir1:
Image ImageImage Image

jarroyo2491

Postby jarroyo2491 » Wed May 17, 2023 9:54 am

rexflexall wrote:That Black Panther looks like Swarovski!

Hahah that what exactly I was thinking. Praying funko doesn’t over load this concept with every line. Pretty cool tho, not my taste.

Image ImageImage

ImageImageImageImage ImageImage Image

jcrook

Postby jcrook » Wed May 17, 2023 4:02 pm

jarroyo2491 wrote:

Hahah that what exactly I was thinking. Praying funko doesn’t over load this concept with every line. Pretty cool tho, not my taste.

That is how I felt with the Diamond series. I like them but don't overdo it,
Funko Fundays 2017
FunKon 2021
SDCC 2017, 2018, 2022

I go by Crook

rexflexall

Postby rexflexall » Thu May 18, 2023 10:19 am

jcrook wrote:
jarroyo2491 wrote:

That is how I felt with the Diamond series. I like them but don't overdo it,

Oh they're at that point! LOL

Comicbookwriter

Postby Comicbookwriter » Thu May 18, 2023 10:47 am

Emma Frost in diamond form would look cool.
ImageImageImage

jcrook

Postby jcrook » Thu May 18, 2023 6:10 pm

There are a lot that look cool in diamond but if you ever take them out of box that glitter gets everywhere.
Funko Fundays 2017
FunKon 2021
SDCC 2017, 2018, 2022

I go by Crook

Stragon

Postby Stragon » Fri May 19, 2023 12:45 am

Katers wrote:
Meowmix4 wrote:
Stragon wrote:

That would be my dream scenario....at least, as long as I can get in to the booth! :mir1:

Don’t even talk about getting into the booth, I had 4 days last year and not a single win for the Funko booth
Funko Virtual Con 2020
Funko Mask O Raid 2022

Stragon

Postby Stragon » Fri May 19, 2023 12:46 am

jcrook wrote:There are a lot that look cool in diamond but if you ever take them out of box that glitter gets everywhere.

Yes, I did take one out of the box to show to a friend and there was glitter all over #-o
Funko Virtual Con 2020
Funko Mask O Raid 2022

Dave17251

Postby Dave17251 » Fri May 19, 2023 4:49 am

How is the overall feel for them? I can't dig the look very well for me personally. Its more soft looking than pictured if you understand what I mean. A thick glossy finish might have given them a more glass like appearance. Would be beautiful to display these out of box.

Ginzo1622

Postby Ginzo1622 » Fri May 19, 2023 5:04 am

Dave17251 wrote:How is the overall feel for them? I can't dig the look very well for me personally. Its more soft looking than pictured if you understand what I mean. A thick glossy finish might have given them a more glass like appearance. Would be beautiful to display these out of box.

Yeah they should done that, I only have one so far and not sure if I want to continue the line
Fundays 2022 - Proto Robots
Fright Night 2022
Fundays 2023 - Protomoa Wolves

Don't stand in my way!!!

:whdat:

jcrook

Postby jcrook » Fri May 19, 2023 4:57 pm

Dave17251 wrote:How is the overall feel for them? I can't dig the look very well for me personally. Its more soft looking than pictured if you understand what I mean. A thick glossy finish might have given them a more glass like appearance. Would be beautiful to display these out of box.

I get and agree with what you are saying about a glossy finish.
Funko Fundays 2017
FunKon 2021
SDCC 2017, 2018, 2022

I go by Crook

El_PANDA

Postby El_PANDA » Fri May 19, 2023 6:07 pm

funko_gtx91 wrote:I wanna see a faceted Freddy

Maybe for the 25th anniversary?

Katers

Postby Katers » Sun May 21, 2023 1:53 am

Stragon wrote:
Katers wrote:
Meowmix4 wrote:

Don’t even talk about getting into the booth, I had 4 days last year and not a single win for the Funko booth

Nah, usually I'm talking about NOT getting into the booth. I've got a very unfortunate tradition going, that I"m hoping to stop one of these days! lol

And of course, knowing my luck, there will be an amazing faceted pop in that booth this year!
Image ImageImage Image

Katers

Postby Katers » Sun May 21, 2023 1:58 am

I'm hoping that, as with most Funko products, they improve with each next iteration. I would love to see a thick glossy finish on the next round of these, especially so I can compare them to each other!
Image ImageImage Image

funko_gtx91

Postby funko_gtx91 » Sun May 21, 2023 2:44 am

El_PANDA wrote:

Maybe for the 25th anniversary?

Maybe… that would be cool

Warren8525

Postby Warren8525 » Sun May 21, 2023 3:59 am

Comicbookwriter wrote:Emma Frost in diamond form would look cool.

Agreed, this would be awesome. It's very on the nose for faceted.

Ginzo1622

Postby Ginzo1622 » Sun May 21, 2023 5:32 am

Warren8525 wrote:
Comicbookwriter wrote:Emma Frost in diamond form would look cool.

Agreed, this would be awesome. It's very on the nose for faceted.

That would be nice to have
Fundays 2022 - Proto Robots
Fright Night 2022
Fundays 2023 - Protomoa Wolves

Don't stand in my way!!!

:whdat:

Lexi

Postby Lexi » Sun May 21, 2023 11:14 am

Katers wrote:

I'm hoping that, as with most Funko products, they improve with each next iteration. I would love to see a thick glossy finish on the next round of these, especially so I can compare them to each other!

That would be great if they did go with the thick glossy finish, I probably would be tempted to display oob to show it off.
FUNKO FUNDAYS 2015, 2016, 2022
FDO LA 6
World Premiere Making Fun

FUNKON 2021

Stragon

Postby Stragon » Mon May 22, 2023 12:24 pm

Katers wrote:
Stragon wrote:
Katers wrote:

Nah, usually I'm talking about NOT getting into the booth. I've got a very unfortunate tradition going, that I"m hoping to stop one of these days! lol

And of course, knowing my luck, there will be an amazing faceted pop in that booth this year!

I didn’t get PN so no opportunity through the board, will just have to hope I have better luck in the lottery this year
Funko Virtual Con 2020
Funko Mask O Raid 2022

rexflexall

Postby rexflexall » Mon May 22, 2023 5:26 pm

Yup exactly!!

Return to “Pop!”