Faceted Pops!

We're not talking about soda, folks. This forum is dedicated to Funko's stylish Pop! series of vinyl figures, with or without springs.
Forum rules
This section is for general Pop discussion, not showing off your recent acquisitions. Please use the Dance Hall for collection addition pictures.

Please post Funko subscription box and item discussions in the Powered By Funko section.
rexflexall

Re: Faceted Pops!

Postby rexflexall » Fri Apr 28, 2023 11:12 am

disneyfunkoaddict wrote:
rexflexall wrote:
inglip wrote:
I've seen a couple of them in the store, they're kinda neat, very artistic but also reminded me of like being computer rendered

They do give off that AI vibe!

your so right, they totally give off an AI vibe.

So wrong, but kinda so right! LOL

disneyfunkoaddict

Postby disneyfunkoaddict » Fri Apr 28, 2023 11:13 am

rexflexall wrote:
disneyfunkoaddict wrote:
rexflexall wrote:
They do give off that AI vibe!

your so right, they totally give off an AI vibe.

So wrong, but kinda so right! LOL

LOL

Katers

Postby Katers » Sat Apr 29, 2023 12:54 am

mattytreks wrote:
Toys R Us Kid wrote:
renardchua wrote:
Spoiler: show

This one looks cool because his armor/suit naturally has a shine/sparkle to it haha

This is one of the nicest looking Star Wars Pop's I've ever seen.

Agreed. I don't even collect SW pops, and I'm tempted by it!
Image ImageImage Image

funko_gtx91

Postby funko_gtx91 » Sat Apr 29, 2023 2:22 am

El_PANDA wrote:
funko_gtx91 wrote:
scullysdad wrote:They do look really cool. Of course I want to see a Freddy in this style, but I think C-3PO would look awesome in gold to pair with R2 or maybe a Tanjiro in blue. These seem to be well received, I bet we definitely see more.

I can see that type of Freddy at fundays

Would hope a con exclusive instead

That too can happen

nascar246788

Postby nascar246788 » Sat Apr 29, 2023 5:34 am

Katers wrote:
mattytreks wrote:
Toys R Us Kid wrote:
This one looks cool because his armor/suit naturally has a shine/sparkle to it haha

This is one of the nicest looking Star Wars Pop's I've ever seen.

There is just something about these faceted pop that make it hard for me to get into them. I can't explain it. I think if they were more translucent, they would look amazing.
Collecting since 2014

thebigdog14

Postby thebigdog14 » Sat Apr 29, 2023 3:52 pm

renardchua wrote:Few weeks ago, we had Minnie dropped as a Faceted Pop!

We expected Black Panther and R2-D2 based on the silhoutte. :)

Today, the Black Panther Glam was revealed - and it looks super cool, IMO! :cheers:

Which characters to you want to see made in this new Pop! variant? :D

I've been saying no to these because I need to save money, but I have every mold of Vader. I'm going to have to get it to keep my line complete.
SDCC 2014-2019, 2022, 2023
SWC 2019
Funko Fundays 2019, 2022, 2023

mattytreks

Postby mattytreks » Sat Apr 29, 2023 4:01 pm

nascar246788 wrote:
Katers wrote:
mattytreks wrote:This is one of the nicest looking Star Wars Pop's I've ever seen.

There is just something about these faceted pop that make it hard for me to get into them. I can't explain it. I think if they were more translucent, they would look amazing.

I'll admit, I felt the same -- but I'm really starting to warm up to them.

Mawhonic7

Postby Mawhonic7 » Sun Apr 30, 2023 11:54 am

Anyone think Vader will go up on Funko Shop on 5/4? I do! lol
Hi! I’m Eric

Katers

Postby Katers » Mon May 01, 2023 12:45 am

nascar246788 wrote:
Katers wrote:
mattytreks wrote:This is one of the nicest looking Star Wars Pop's I've ever seen.

I can understand that....plenty of pops I've passed on because something just didn't speak to me enough to purchase. And it's always nice when i don't have to stress getting the pop I want because it didn't sell out instantly. \:D/
Image ImageImage Image

Katers

Postby Katers » Mon May 01, 2023 12:48 am

Mawhonic7 wrote:Anyone think Vader will go up on Funko Shop on 5/4? I do! lol

It would be crazy for him not to drop on that date!
Image ImageImage Image

Oatmealman

Postby Oatmealman » Mon May 01, 2023 12:59 am

What are a couple pops/lines that you hope get the facet treatment? I think Power Rangers would be really cool. The more color the better IMO
Matt
IG Oatmealman2287

JCFun

Postby JCFun » Mon May 01, 2023 2:40 am

Katers wrote:
JCFun wrote:
Katers wrote:
Oh my goodness, how did we not throw GITD to the mix? That would be an amazing added factor to these, and now I need them to glow!

Right?! I mean, it fits with the style haha.

It absolutely does, and I can't wait to see what the first GITD faceted pop will be. Maybe something special, so a con exclusive?

A con exclusive seems like a great idea to me. With SDCC coming up, maybe!? lol
Image ImageImageImage

Katers

Postby Katers » Tue May 02, 2023 1:04 am

JCFun wrote:
Katers wrote:
JCFun wrote:
Right?! I mean, it fits with the style haha.

It absolutely does, and I can't wait to see what the first GITD faceted pop will be. Maybe something special, so a con exclusive?

I both hope for and dread it, given my lack of luck with the Funko booth at SDCC! But let's keep hope alive and say YES, please! :cheers:
Image ImageImage Image

JCFun

Postby JCFun » Tue May 02, 2023 3:50 pm

Katers wrote:
JCFun wrote:
Katers wrote:

I both hope for and dread it, given my lack of luck with the Funko booth at SDCC! But let's keep hope alive and say YES, please! :cheers:

lol I'm with you. I have horrible luck as well for SDCC. Thankfully, my sister seems to have decent enough luck, but half of the time she wants what I would want too haha.
Image ImageImageImage

Katers

Postby Katers » Wed May 03, 2023 1:51 am

JCFun wrote:
Katers wrote:
JCFun wrote:

lol I'm with you. I have horrible luck as well for SDCC. Thankfully, my sister seems to have decent enough luck, but half of the time she wants what I would want too haha.

I have a friend who tries for me....she is not a Funko fan, so of course she gets in almost every year. Every now and then there's a pop she would want, so of course if there's an amazing faceted pop at SDCC, it'll be one she wants. So here's me hoping it's a faceted Freddy, because she would absolutely leave him to me! [-o<
Image ImageImage Image

JCFun

Postby JCFun » Thu May 04, 2023 3:03 am

Katers wrote:
JCFun wrote:
Katers wrote:

I have a friend who tries for me....she is not a Funko fan, so of course she gets in almost every year. Every now and then there's a pop she would want, so of course if there's an amazing faceted pop at SDCC, it'll be one she wants. So here's me hoping it's a faceted Freddy, because she would absolutely leave him to me! [-o<

That's a great set up! Hah, and of course she ends up getting it when she doesn't care for Funko. Seems to be the story of my life! :roflmao:
Image ImageImageImage

Mawhonic7

Postby Mawhonic7 » Fri May 05, 2023 9:20 pm

Was so surprised faceted Vader didn’t drop on 5/4!
Hi! I’m Eric

Katers

Postby Katers » Sat May 06, 2023 2:42 am

JCFun wrote:
Katers wrote:
JCFun wrote:

That's a great set up! Hah, and of course she ends up getting it when she doesn't care for Funko. Seems to be the story of my life! :roflmao:

Insult the injury....the last time she got booth access, she was LATE and I was standing just outside the line watching the pops I wanted sell out while texting her frantically. I know she's doing me a favor, but still! ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) Even as I'm hoping for a faceted Freddy, I don't know what I'd do if that scenario repeated...!
Image ImageImage Image

Katers

Postby Katers » Sat May 06, 2023 2:44 am

Mawhonic7 wrote:Was so surprised faceted Vader didn’t drop on 5/4!

I was initially surprised too, but the more I think about it - the faceted Vader is more Disney100 than it is Star Wars....so if they'd dropped it on 5/4, it would have diluted Star Wars with Disney100. I think they'll save it to be an equal SW / Disney drop when it doesn't matter quite as much. :-k
Image ImageImage Image

Ginzo1622

Postby Ginzo1622 » Sat May 06, 2023 6:15 am

Katers wrote:

I was initially surprised too, but the more I think about it - the faceted Vader is more Disney100 than it is Star Wars....so if they'd dropped it on 5/4, it would have diluted Star Wars with Disney100. I think they'll save it to be an equal SW / Disney drop when it doesn't matter quite as much. :-k

This is a good point :bounce:
Fundays 2022 - Proto Robots
Fright Night 2022
Fundays 2023 - Protomoa Wolves

Don't stand in my way!!!

:whdat:

mattytreks

Postby mattytreks » Sat May 06, 2023 11:07 am

Katers wrote:

That's actually a great point. Either way, I love the faceted look.

PhoenixForce

Postby PhoenixForce » Sat May 06, 2023 11:18 am

I'm not a big fan. I skipped on BP. Jon got the R2D2 Pop and the paint/coloring of it looks a little .... cheap. :drunken:

Hi, I'm JASON!
You can follow me on Instagram: @jpg_rising or on Twitter: @jpg_rising
I also have an Instagram just for my Funko Photography: @PhoenixForcePhotos
I've been collecting since 2013: It started with Marvel and quickly became a collection of, a little bit of everything in between!

Mawhonic7

Postby Mawhonic7 » Sat May 06, 2023 10:33 pm

PhoenixForce wrote:I'm not a big fan. I skipped on BP. Jon got the R2D2 Pop and the paint/coloring of it looks a little .... cheap. :drunken:

That’s too bad. Paint/coloring is sloppy of just seems off?
Hi! I’m Eric

PhoenixForce

Postby PhoenixForce » Mon May 08, 2023 2:58 pm

Mawhonic7 wrote:
PhoenixForce wrote:I'm not a big fan. I skipped on BP. Jon got the R2D2 Pop and the paint/coloring of it looks a little .... cheap. :drunken:

Yeah, sloppy is a good description. Kind of dull too.

Hi, I'm JASON!
I've been collecting since 2013: It started with Marvel and quickly became a collection of, a little bit of everything in between!

dolphinax2

Postby dolphinax2 » Mon May 08, 2023 3:18 pm

PhoenixForce wrote:
Mawhonic7 wrote:

Awww, thats sad :( the picture looks so cool and unfortunately it's not like you can exchange it either
Hi. I'm Jeanne (Go by Gina).
I like Nightmare Before Christmas and anything else that catches my eye :)
FUNKO FUNKLUB #13433

[b]Fundays:2015,2016,2017,2018,2019,2020[/b]
Funko Fright Night2016
Funko Hollywood Grand Opening
World Premiere - Making Fun
Funko Virtual Con 2020
Funkon 2021
FDO 6,7,8 & 9
https://i.ibb.co/wg3cKBx/hJXGyyX.png

PhoenixForce

Postby PhoenixForce » Mon May 08, 2023 3:24 pm

dolphinax2 wrote:
PhoenixForce wrote:
Mawhonic7 wrote:

Awww, thats sad :( the picture looks so cool and unfortunately it's not like you can exchange it either

Yeah, he was a little disappointed. He only collects Star Wars pops so he wanted for the collection. Oh well ... :(

Hi, I'm JASON!

Mawhonic7

Postby Mawhonic7 » Mon May 08, 2023 3:38 pm

PhoenixForce wrote:
dolphinax2 wrote:
PhoenixForce wrote:

Yeah, he was a little disappointed. He only collects Star Wars pops so he wanted for the collection. Oh well ... :(

Is he still going to get the Vader?
Hi! I’m Eric

JCFun

Postby JCFun » Tue May 09, 2023 12:37 am

Katers wrote:
JCFun wrote:
Katers wrote:

Insult the injury....the last time she got booth access, she was LATE and I was standing just outside the line watching the pops I wanted sell out while texting her frantically. I know she's doing me a favor, but still! ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) Even as I'm hoping for a faceted Freddy, I don't know what I'd do if that scenario repeated...!

Ohh, that's just a horrible feeling :eek: . Didn't happen to me, but similar story. My sister had an extra ticket for Fundays a couple years back and so decided to invite a friend from the area. The person showed up late and almost missed entry because of it :rolleyes:
Image ImageImageImage

Stragon

Postby Stragon » Tue May 09, 2023 12:51 am

JCFun wrote:
Katers wrote:
JCFun wrote:

Ohh, that's just a horrible feeling :eek: . Didn't happen to me, but similar story. My sister had an extra ticket for Fundays a couple years back and so decided to invite a friend from the area. The person showed up late and almost missed entry because of it :rolleyes:

Yikes. It’s funny because at Wondercon I was in line for an autograph and the girl in front of me said how not only did she get selected for the autograph session, but also was selected for a Funko slot, but she wasn’t sure she wanted to wait in line since she only wanted one pop. I was crying on the inside, I didn’t get selected.
FUNKO FUNDAYS: 2016,2018,2019,2022
Funko Virtual Con 2020
Funko Mask O Raid 2022

PhoenixForce

Postby PhoenixForce » Tue May 09, 2023 11:42 am

Mawhonic7 wrote:
PhoenixForce wrote:
dolphinax2 wrote:

Oh that's right :-k I would say yes ... he's only two pops shy of being Star Wars complete -- Biggs and Shadowtropper

Hi, I'm JASON!

Mawhonic7

Postby Mawhonic7 » Tue May 09, 2023 12:05 pm

PhoenixForce wrote:
Mawhonic7 wrote:
PhoenixForce wrote:

Oh that's right :-k I would say yes ... he's only two pops shy of being Star Wars complete -- Biggs and Shadowtropper

That’s really impressive. Are they all displayed?

I’m planning to pick up faceted Vader but your feedback about R2 makes me feel like it might not look that great.
Hi! I’m Eric

dolphinax2

Postby dolphinax2 » Tue May 09, 2023 3:44 pm

PhoenixForce wrote:
Mawhonic7 wrote:
PhoenixForce wrote:

If you are that close, you have to stay complete. That is so cool to be so close to being complete.
FUNKO FUNKLUB #13433

Funko Fright Night2016
Funko Virtual Con 2020
Funkon 2021
FDO 6,7,8 & 9

dolphinax2

Postby dolphinax2 » Tue May 09, 2023 3:49 pm

Mawhonic7 wrote:
PhoenixForce wrote:
Mawhonic7 wrote:

I’m planning to pick up faceted Vader but your feedback about R2 makes me feel like it might not look that great.

I know, I feel the same way.
FUNKO FUNKLUB #13433

Funko Fright Night2016
Funko Virtual Con 2020
Funkon 2021
FDO 6,7,8 & 9

Mawhonic7

Postby Mawhonic7 » Tue May 09, 2023 3:59 pm

dolphinax2 wrote:
Mawhonic7 wrote:
PhoenixForce wrote:

I hope we’re wrong and it looks amazing.
Hi! I’m Eric

dolphinax2

Postby dolphinax2 » Tue May 09, 2023 4:03 pm

Mawhonic7 wrote:
dolphinax2 wrote:
Mawhonic7 wrote:

I hope we’re wrong and it looks amazing.

Well the picture looks great but going to keep my fingers crossed.
FUNKO FUNKLUB #13433

Funko Fright Night2016
Funko Virtual Con 2020
Funkon 2021
FDO 6,7,8 & 9

Katers

Postby Katers » Wed May 10, 2023 2:10 am

Ginzo1622 wrote:This is a good point :bounce:

mattytreks wrote:That's actually a great point. Either way, I love the faceted look.

Thanks! I mean, just like with everything Funko, it's just a guess. But seeing how Disney has been handling their 100th at the park, this makes sense to me. Of course, it could be something simple like a shipping delay, too! lol All I know now is that Vader might be the first SW pop I buy, after I've been trying so hard to not start another pop line! Does it count as SW if I put it in the facet category, instead? ;-)
Image ImageImage Image

Katers

Postby Katers » Wed May 10, 2023 2:38 am

JCFun wrote:
Katers wrote:
JCFun wrote:

This is the stuff of nightmares, isn't it?? So much easier when we are just worrying about purchasing a FS exclusive, which makes me appreciate these faceted pops even more. I'm so very curious to see if we do get any of them at the big conventions coming up this year. So many good options, and so many ways they can go with these.
Image ImageImage Image

Katers

Postby Katers » Wed May 10, 2023 2:41 am

Stragon wrote:
JCFun wrote:
Katers wrote:

Yikes. It’s funny because at Wondercon I was in line for an autograph and the girl in front of me said how not only did she get selected for the autograph session, but also was selected for a Funko slot, but she wasn’t sure she wanted to wait in line since she only wanted one pop. I was crying on the inside, I didn’t get selected.

If it helps any, all of us that didn't get a lottery slot are also crying on the inside with you! lol

I'm actually really surprised they didn't have any faceted pops at Wondercon, seems like an ideal time since it's just across the street from Disney. Or even reveals at the panel? Just when we think we've got them figured out, they leave us with questions!
Image ImageImage Image

PhoenixForce

Postby PhoenixForce » Wed May 10, 2023 3:52 pm

dolphinax2 wrote:
Mawhonic7 wrote:
PhoenixForce wrote:

If you like R2 then you should get it. It's cool cause it's for the 100th Disney anniversary.

Hi, I'm JASON!

ImranC23

Postby ImranC23 » Wed May 10, 2023 8:03 pm

Vader is truly incredible! Gonna be sick to see the other Marvel pops we get!
ImageImage

Funatic of the Week: March 8th 2019
Instagram:shelfofimran
ISO:Black Cat Prototype, Freddy Funko Boba Fett, Freddy Funko as Venom

Return to “Pop!”