Wondercon 2023 Reveals!

We're not talking about soda, folks. This forum is dedicated to Funko's stylish Pop! series of vinyl figures, with or without springs.
Forum rules
This section is for general Pop discussion, not showing off your recent acquisitions. Please use the Dance Hall for collection addition pictures.

Please post Funko subscription box and item discussions in the Powered By Funko section.
heymrosario
SCCA 2023
SCCA 2023

Re: Wondercon 2023 Reveals!

Postby heymrosario » Sun Mar 26, 2023 10:25 pm

I know I'm a few days late, but after going through the longest queue line lol , I was still able to grab every single item in my want list! I absolutely love the gelatinous cube and Taweret! Can't wait for them to arrive along with the other *impulse bought* items lol kidding!

In the meantime, I'll be hunting for Freddy Funko as Clown and as Peter Pan! Fingers crossed!

Hey there, I'm Marc! (•◡•)
Collector since '14 • Photographer • Designer
Follow me on Instagram: @heymrosario

zachattack

Postby zachattack » Sun Mar 26, 2023 10:42 pm

Glad I grabbed a gelatinous cube! It's an amazing pop.

Still love that Clown Freddy but I'll never be able to get that one. Been seeing them show up on ebay.
Sincerely,
Zach Attack!
FunkoSodaSaturday Winner April 2022
December 2023 Photo-A-Day Challenge "Movie Night" Winner

Jade10881

Postby Jade10881 » Mon Mar 27, 2023 12:21 am

yamster8888 wrote:What an amazing time I had there and saturday and what a blessing to score a PeterPan Freddy from the panel!

Congrats. I got one too!

Katers

Postby Katers » Mon Mar 27, 2023 1:12 am

jumpinlilies wrote:
Katers wrote:Funatic family for the win today! Seriously though, I don't know how I'd do this collecting thing alone, it is a team sport! A friend at the convention messaged me when the line opened up for general admission to the booth.

Was able to get in pretty early into general admission, and they still had almost everything in stock! Missed out on the Valkyrie soda, but managed to get everything else I wanted, including Baseball Freddy and Clown Freddy! I'm so happy to add all these pretties to my collection, and so grateful to my friend for making sure I got into the booth!

Glad to see all the posts about success today, whether it's online or in person. Hope to see more happy posts as the weekend goes along!

Congrats!!! Unfotunately, I can't attend these events in person since I'm all the way on the east coast and it pretty expensive to head over there. But I was able to get Baseball Freddy online today so yay! Missed out on Law but that's okay, we can't get everything we want lol. Also, would have loved the opportunity to get Clown Freddy and the GITD cube, but those are show only. I think it would be great if Funko made a few of the show only pieces available online but then I guess that would defeat the purpose of it being show only lol. Or they could design a special pop as a Funko store online only release. I think that would be cool. Congrats again on all your great pulls!

Thank you! I feel your pain, couldn't go to Fright Night since it was East coast. There's always something we'll miss out on, isn't there? lol

Glad you were able to get Baseball Freddy, he's great looking in hand, though of course I'm sorry for the ones you missed. I did my best to pay it forward by helping people with the pops I didn't want to keep. But I absolutely was gifted and given more than I paid forward this round, and left the convention Sunday evening feeling so much love for this community we are a part of!

Hopefully the next East coast event is glorious and you are able to score all the purchases you want in that batch! :mir1:
Image ImageImage Image

Katers

Postby Katers » Mon Mar 27, 2023 1:26 am

yamster8888 wrote:What an amazing time I had there and saturday and what a blessing to score a PeterPan Freddy from the panel!

That Peter Pan Freddy is so much better in person than in the glams! Congrats to everyone that took one home to join their Freddy collections!
Image ImageImage Image

bitmap

Postby bitmap » Mon Mar 27, 2023 1:42 am

kihou wrote:
Mikesglowpops wrote:Can't wait for the demon slayer glow chases!

Yeah I was most excited for the Demon Slayer announcements, even if the chases might be harder to get. I just hope they aren't store exclusives!

i was so hyped for these. no shinobu though right? that's one very high on my list

spider-man_616

Postby spider-man_616 » Mon Mar 27, 2023 2:02 am

Katers wrote:
bitmap wrote:
rontonsoup wrote:It would be cool to see a last minute unannounced mystery pop.

has that every happened at a convention?

Last year at SDCC, the Funko booth had the diamond Anastasia, but she wasn't on the official list of con exclusives. Does that count? It certainly did for me, I was THRILLED that a friend picked her up for me!

she got announced like a day or two before the con started. I didn't realize until I got into the booth on Friday and when I backtracked, I found announcements from then. But yeah, hella last minute compared to the other stuff

spider-man_616

Postby spider-man_616 » Mon Mar 27, 2023 2:04 am

jumpinlilies wrote:
Katers wrote:Funatic family for the win today! Seriously though, I don't know how I'd do this collecting thing alone, it is a team sport! A friend at the convention messaged me when the line opened up for general admission to the booth.

Was able to get in pretty early into general admission, and they still had almost everything in stock! Missed out on the Valkyrie soda, but managed to get everything else I wanted, including Baseball Freddy and Clown Freddy! I'm so happy to add all these pretties to my collection, and so grateful to my friend for making sure I got into the booth!

Glad to see all the posts about success today, whether it's online or in person. Hope to see more happy posts as the weekend goes along!

Congrats!!! Unfotunately, I can't attend these events in person since I'm all the way on the east coast and it pretty expensive to head over there. But I was able to get Baseball Freddy online today so yay! Missed out on Law but that's okay, we can't get everything we want lol. Also, would have loved the opportunity to get Clown Freddy and the GITD cube, but those are show only. I think it would be great if Funko made a few of the show only pieces available online but then I guess that would defeat the purpose of it being show only lol. Or they could design a special pop as a Funko store online only release. I think that would be cool. Congrats again on all your great pulls!

you'll have NYCC in oct for east coast cons to look forward to

Comicbookwriter

Postby Comicbookwriter » Mon Mar 27, 2023 2:17 am

WonderCon 2023!! What a weekend! I was able to buy in the first hour on day one! I got to go to the panel and have fun! I won the giveaway, I got ticket # 5! I have to say, this weekend was amazing and FUN!!
ImageImageImage

runtodere

Postby runtodere » Mon Mar 27, 2023 11:27 am

Comicbookwriter wrote:WonderCon 2023!! What a weekend! I was able to buy in the first hour on day one! I got to go to the panel and have fun! I won the giveaway, I got ticket # 5! I have to say, this weekend was amazing and FUN!!

Wow congrats. That's quite a weekend. Was #5 the last one?

Comicbookwriter

Postby Comicbookwriter » Mon Mar 27, 2023 6:45 pm

runtodere wrote:
Comicbookwriter wrote:WonderCon 2023!! What a weekend! I was able to buy in the first hour on day one! I got to go to the panel and have fun! I won the giveaway, I got ticket # 5! I have to say, this weekend was amazing and FUN!!

Yes. I got really lucky and won the Hall H Ahsoka!! I was floating back to my car when I ran into Ashley Eckstein and she remembered me. She took the time to invite me back into the closed convention, sign it for me and take pics! I was overjoyed! Next I wanna get Rosario’s sig on the side!

ImageImageImage

Katers

Postby Katers » Tue Mar 28, 2023 1:43 am

spider-man_616 wrote:
Katers wrote:
bitmap wrote:

Last year at SDCC, the Funko booth had the diamond Anastasia, but she wasn't on the official list of con exclusives. Does that count? It certainly did for me, I was THRILLED that a friend picked her up for me!

she got announced like a day or two before the con started. I didn't realize until I got into the booth on Friday and when I backtracked, I found announcements from then. But yeah, hella last minute compared to the other stuff

I'm kinda grateful there wasn't a surprise drop with Wondercon this year. I'm not sure my budget could've handled it! They had plenty of cool things to purchase as it was!
Image ImageImage Image

Blaze1981

Postby Blaze1981 » Tue Mar 28, 2023 2:14 am

Anyone think that they will restock online ?? I missed kid from one piece

Jade10881

Postby Jade10881 » Tue Mar 28, 2023 2:36 am

Blaze1981 wrote:Anyone think that they will restock online ?? I missed kid from one piece

You can keep checking but doubtful. You’ll probably have to resort to eBay or something if you really want it.

keyese

Postby keyese » Tue Mar 28, 2023 4:16 pm

Blaze1981 wrote:Anyone think that they will restock online ?? I missed kid from one piece

Once and awhile they'll do a small restock but it's not usually planned. I assume it's situations like they found a box in the back of the warehouse or maybe ones they hold for packages that get damaged or something.
AKA ElizabethKeyes on Twitch or keyese on Discord :freddy2:
ISO Mystery Minis!
Lord of the Rings: Eowyn (HT) and Lurtz (HT)
Avengers Endgame: 1/72 Hulk, 1/72 Hawkeye, 1/24 Black Widow (all Walmart exclusives)

questkid32

Postby questkid32 » Wed Mar 29, 2023 1:40 am

I was at WonderCon this weekend and have to say, I had a blast. Funko really knows how to do it up, and one of the things I appreciated most was what happened on Saturday morning when they were doing a giveaway for a Pikachu proto. They did the whole crowd hype thing and there were tons of grown men screaming at the top of their lungs trying to win it, but Becker ended up giving it to a kid who looked like his whole year had just been made. Really appreciated that and it reminded me that these things inspire the kids the most, and that was super cool.

JCFun

Postby JCFun » Wed Mar 29, 2023 2:16 am

Just wanted to throw my 2 cents in and say I really enjoyed the Wondercon experience this year overall! The Sat panel was for sure a capstone with the surprise Peter Pan!
Image ImageImageImage

akagalar

Postby akagalar » Wed Mar 29, 2023 5:51 pm

Because of the lottery I was able to keep my streak of not winning any slots. But I managed to pick up a few items after waiting a few hours in the standby lines.
Image Image

Ronnie18

Postby Ronnie18 » Wed Mar 29, 2023 10:39 pm

Now that is over, wondercon was really good this year. The Funko line didn’t look to crazy and seemed very organized.

Anthonybisi

Postby Anthonybisi » Wed Mar 29, 2023 10:45 pm

renardchua wrote:Here we go with the Wondercon 2023 Reveals!

Wave 1: Disney's Powerline Pop! and Diamond Glitter Pop! & Bag
Spoiler: show

Wave 2: Vinyl SODA 3-Liter: Disney Villains – Evil Queen with CHASE

Wave 3: Pop! Classics! Lotso Vault

Wave 4: Hercules holding Hercules Pop!

Wave 5: Cinderella with Trays Pop!

Wave 6: Disney and Pixar’s A Bug’s Life Pop! Flik on Dandelion Seed Pop!

Wave 7: Poison Ivy Pop!

Wave 8: Hedwig with Letters Pop!

Wave 9: Bugs Bunny as Superman Soda (with Chase)

Wave 10: Snagglepuss Soda (with Chase)

Wave 11: Freddys! (and Pop! Pez are back!)

Wave 12: blue Gelatinous Cube Pop!

Wave 13: One Piece Pops!

Wave 14: JJK Saturo Gojo Pop!

Wave 15: Skrull as Iron Man Comic Cover

Wave 16: Marvel Studios' Moon Knight Taweret Pop!

Wave 17: Marvel's Valkyrie Soda (with Chase)

Wave 18: Marvel's Lord Krylar Pop!

Wave 19: Guardians of the Galaxy: Volume 2 - baby Groot

Wave 20: Wondercon 2023 Pop! Tee

Summary Photo:

I really like the Snagglepuss soda hoping for the chase.

wolfy233

Postby wolfy233 » Thu Mar 30, 2023 9:45 pm

Katers wrote:
bitmap wrote:
Katers wrote:

oh wow thanks for the reminder, i forgot about the diamond anastasia

Poor Anastasia, this is the story of her life...! lol

Haha, it kinda is.

wolfy233

Postby wolfy233 » Thu Mar 30, 2023 9:50 pm

Comicbookwriter wrote:
runtodere wrote:

Yes. I got really lucky and won the Hall H Ahsoka!! I was floating back to my car when I ran into Ashley Eckstein and she remembered me. She took the time to invite me back into the closed convention, sign it for me and take pics! I was overjoyed! Next I wanna get Rosario’s sig on the side!

This is amazing! Congratulations!!

LoneWolf72

Postby LoneWolf72 » Fri Mar 31, 2023 7:48 am

Serch_na wrote:Image

So cute

I've got to admit, Lotso is my favorite out of the bunch.
I'm Chad AKA Mr. StarWarner.
Image Image
Collecting since 2013
Fundays: 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2022, 2023
Virtual Con (2020), and Funkon (2021)
Funko Panel, Bingo Night (SDCC)
Funko Panel, Hall H (SDCC)
Fright Night San Diego
Funko HQ Grand Opening
FDO: Los Angeles (×2), Sacramento, and Baltimore (×2)

jumpinlilies

Postby jumpinlilies » Fri Mar 31, 2023 9:29 am

Katers wrote:
jumpinlilies wrote:

Thank you! I feel your pain, couldn't go to Fright Night since it was East coast. There's always something we'll miss out on, isn't there? lol

Glad you were able to get Baseball Freddy, he's great looking in hand, though of course I'm sorry for the ones you missed. I did my best to pay it forward by helping people with the pops I didn't want to keep. But I absolutely was gifted and given more than I paid forward this round, and left the convention Sunday evening feeling so much love for this community we are a part of!

Hopefully the next East coast event is glorious and you are able to score all the purchases you want in that batch! :mir1:

LOL so true we will always miss out on something. Although I wish there were a few more east coast events besides frightnight. It probably gets pricey to have events over here. Everything is so pricey in NY. We do have an awesome community. I've meet some wonderful peope on here! So happy to be sa part of our Funko family!

jumpinlilies

Postby jumpinlilies » Fri Mar 31, 2023 9:34 am

spider-man_616 wrote:
jumpinlilies wrote:

True! LOL but I think I am a bit greedy and wish there were a few more events on the east side lol. Last year I was blessed to have an awesome person help me with tickets :-D So grateful for our Funko family!

jumpinlilies

Postby jumpinlilies » Fri Mar 31, 2023 9:36 am

wolfy233 wrote:
Comicbookwriter wrote:
runtodere wrote:Wow congrats. That's quite a weekend. Was #5 the last one?

This is amazing! Congratulations!!

WOW such as awesome piece! Congrats!!!

spider-man_616

Postby spider-man_616 » Sat Apr 01, 2023 12:24 pm

jumpinlilies wrote:
spider-man_616 wrote:
jumpinlilies wrote:

True! LOL but I think I am a bit greedy and wish there were a few more events on the east side lol. Last year I was blessed to have an awesome person help me with tickets :-D So grateful for our Funko family!

Yeah, west coast is pretty spoiled for funko. Having SDCC, wondercon, ECCC, in addition to the two headquarters means we more chances

spider-man_616

Postby spider-man_616 » Sat Apr 01, 2023 12:26 pm

Comicbookwriter wrote:
runtodere wrote:

:eek: Yo, this is sick as hell. That had to be the experience of a lifetime! You should have bought a lottery ticket. Congrats again!

runtodere

Postby runtodere » Sat Apr 01, 2023 9:38 pm

spider-man_616 wrote:
Comicbookwriter wrote:

:eek: Yo, this is sick as hell. That had to be the experience of a lifetime! You should have bought a lottery ticket. Congrats again!

This is pretty much a lottery ticket! I mean, relatively I guess..... Ha

nathan_bakken

Postby nathan_bakken » Sat Apr 01, 2023 11:23 pm

The only thing I ordered came with a damaged box, sigh
Fright Night 2022
instagram: nathan.bakken

Katers

Postby Katers » Sun Apr 02, 2023 2:06 am

jumpinlilies wrote:
Katers wrote:
jumpinlilies wrote:

LOL so true we will always miss out on something. Although I wish there were a few more east coast events besides frightnight. It probably gets pricey to have events over here. Everything is so pricey in NY. We do have an awesome community. I've meet some wonderful peope on here! So happy to be sa part of our Funko family!

The good news is, the more our community grows...the more events we'll have the opportunity to miss out on, right?

Wait....I don't think that's good logic! lol

Seriously though - this is why I never mind waiting in line for Funko booths or events....it's a great chance to talk to other Funatics and compare our shopping lists! :mir1:
Image ImageImage Image

rontonsoup

Postby rontonsoup » Sun Apr 02, 2023 2:56 am

spider-man_616 wrote:
Katers wrote:
bitmap wrote:

Yup I remember that. I was able to get the SDCC stickered one.
Collecting since 2015: "A couple that collects together, stays together."

rontonsoup

Postby rontonsoup » Sun Apr 02, 2023 2:57 am

Comicbookwriter wrote:
runtodere wrote:

Wow congrats!!! My friend Derek told me he knew the person who got number 5. Maybe you know him? Small world.
Collecting since 2015: "A couple that collects together, stays together."

Comicbookwriter

Postby Comicbookwriter » Sun Apr 02, 2023 3:11 am

spider-man_616 wrote:
Comicbookwriter wrote:

Haha! Buddy said to grab one so I walked across the street with pop in backpack and bought lotto tickets…i didn’t win that but I was super happy with what I got that night!
ImageImageImage

Comicbookwriter

Postby Comicbookwriter » Sun Apr 02, 2023 11:40 am

spider-man_616 wrote:
Comicbookwriter wrote:

Haha! My buddy said the same thing so I crossed the street and did it. I didn’t win.
Last edited by Comicbookwriter on Sun Apr 02, 2023 11:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImageImage

runtodere

Postby runtodere » Sun Apr 02, 2023 11:50 am

Comicbookwriter wrote:
spider-man_616 wrote:
Comicbookwriter wrote:Yes. I got really lucky and won the Hall H Ahsoka!! I was floating back to my car when I ran into Ashley Eckstein and she remembered me. She took the time to invite me back into the closed convention, sign it for me and take pics! I was overjoyed! Next I wanna get Rosario’s sig on the side!

Haha! Buddy said to grab one so I walked across the street with pop in backpack and bought lotto tickets…i didn’t win that but I was super happy with what I got that night!

Haha That's awesome. That's going to be my new thing - if I win something big, direct to the lottery stand

Comicbookwriter

Postby Comicbookwriter » Sun Apr 02, 2023 11:53 am

runtodere wrote:
Comicbookwriter wrote:
spider-man_616 wrote:

Haha That's awesome. That's going to be my new thing - if I win something big, direct to the lottery stand

It was worth a shot! But really I was just walking on cloud nine! I need to organize my place so I can display exactly where I want it. Def my biggest win from funko and I’m sooooo happy!
ImageImageImage

El_PANDA

Postby El_PANDA » Sun Apr 02, 2023 12:30 pm

Comicbookwriter wrote:
runtodere wrote:

Wow congrats

El_PANDA

Postby El_PANDA » Sun Apr 02, 2023 12:31 pm

nathan_bakken wrote:The only thing I ordered came with a damaged box, sigh

Damn sorry to hear that :(

spider-man_616

Postby spider-man_616 » Sun Apr 02, 2023 12:32 pm

Comicbookwriter wrote:
runtodere wrote:
Comicbookwriter wrote:

It was worth a shot! But really I was just walking on cloud nine! I need to organize my place so I can display exactly where I want it. Def my biggest win from funko and I’m sooooo happy!

ooo, can't wait to see that display

Return to “Pop!”