Star Wars Celebration 2023 Pops!

We're not talking about soda, folks. This forum is dedicated to Funko's stylish Pop! series of vinyl figures, with or without springs.
Forum rules
This section is for general Pop discussion, not showing off your recent acquisitions. Please use the Dance Hall for collection addition pictures.

Please post Funko subscription box and item discussions in the Powered By Funko section.
kdmlvr

Re: Star Wars Celebration 2023 Pops!

Postby kdmlvr » Tue Apr 25, 2023 11:28 am

Ginzo1622 wrote:
Lord Bacon wrote:
sushiguru wrote:ive already started saving up...hopefully japan is attainable for me

The good thing is we have 2 years to plan and save!

True :bounce: :bounce:

It is tempting but we have 2 years to figure it out.
Funko Pop Fan & Loungefly fan.

rexflexall

Postby rexflexall » Tue Apr 25, 2023 11:31 am

Mawhonic7 wrote:If 2025 really is going to have be a Star Wars movie year, maybe there will be a US based Celebration too.

TWO celebrations in one year! I would not financially recover LOL!

Mawhonic7

Postby Mawhonic7 » Tue Apr 25, 2023 11:34 am

rexflexall wrote:
Mawhonic7 wrote:If 2025 really is going to have be a Star Wars movie year, maybe there will be a US based Celebration too.

Are you looking at going to Japan?
Hi! I’m Eric

mattytreks

Postby mattytreks » Tue Apr 25, 2023 5:12 pm

questkid32 wrote:Japan is such an incredible country and the city of Tokyo is just so incredibly integrated with comic/video game/anime culture that there's perhaps no better spot for the next Celebration. Very excited about the possibilities for this show, with Funko and in general.

You've nailed it here. Celebration 2025 is going to be the best Celebration maybe ever. I will definitely be going!

drtorch

Postby drtorch » Wed Apr 26, 2023 12:49 am

mattytreks wrote:
questkid32 wrote:Japan is such an incredible country and the city of Tokyo is just so incredibly integrated with comic/video game/anime culture that there's perhaps no better spot for the next Celebration. Very excited about the possibilities for this show, with Funko and in general.

You've nailed it here. Celebration 2025 is going to be the best Celebration maybe ever. I will definitely be going!

I'm hoping to go to Celebration 2025 too MattyTreks. It is one country I've always wanted to see, but the best Celebration will be 2027! 50th Anniversary!

Calico88

Re: Star Wars Celebration Pops

Postby Calico88 » Wed Apr 26, 2023 11:05 am

DG_FunkPoppa wrote:
Calico88 wrote:can we get a glow yoda low le

That would be cool. It’s been a while since they released a yoda. I can definitely see a glow grogu.

:freddy4: yeah either one is fine .... shheesh makes me want to buya freddy yoda asap green is my favorite :freddy2:

bluesnote

Postby bluesnote » Wed Apr 26, 2023 11:24 am

Ginzo1622 wrote:
DarkSonic wrote:Realised that i dont have a Yoda in my star wars collection yet, so would be great to get one of those.

There are tons out there

If you consider the glitter Grogu Yoda lol. But yea, no Yoda SWC pops. Really need one! Fingers crossed Japan yields one.

Mario Wario

Postby Mario Wario » Wed Apr 26, 2023 11:44 am

bluesnote wrote:
Ginzo1622 wrote:
DarkSonic wrote:Realised that i dont have a Yoda in my star wars collection yet, so would be great to get one of those.

There are tons out there

If you consider the glitter Grogu Yoda lol. But yea, no Yoda SWC pops. Really need one! Fingers crossed Japan yields one.

Funko has until 2025, so let’s see what happens next!
:freddy1:

mattytreks

Postby mattytreks » Wed Apr 26, 2023 12:53 pm

drtorch wrote:
mattytreks wrote:

I'm hoping to go to Celebration 2025 too MattyTreks. It is one country I've always wanted to see, but the best Celebration will be 2027! 50th Anniversary!

The Makuhari Messe -- the venue where Celebration will be hosted -- looks super futuristic and is the perfect venue to hold this event. Many of Japan's most popular pop-culture and action figure/toy events are held there each year.

Celebration aside, there is also a treasure trove of amazing Star Wars-related merchandise to be had in Japan...Tokyo will definitely be a fun place to explore while there.

drtorch

Postby drtorch » Wed Apr 26, 2023 8:41 pm

mattytreks wrote:
drtorch wrote:
mattytreks wrote:You've nailed it here. Celebration 2025 is going to be the best Celebration maybe ever. I will definitely be going!

The Makuhari Messe -- the venue where Celebration will be hosted -- looks super futuristic and is the perfect venue to hold this event. Many of Japan's most popular pop-culture and action figure/toy events are held there each year.

Celebration aside, there is also a treasure trove of amazing Star Wars-related merchandise to be had in Japan...Tokyo will definitely be a fun place to explore while there.

You had me at Star-Wars related merchandise :) I am going! :freddy2: :freddy2: :freddy2: :freddy2:

rexflexall

Postby rexflexall » Thu Apr 27, 2023 10:27 am

Mawhonic7 wrote:
rexflexall wrote:

I missed London celebration by 2 weeks (went before to see family)...and we were already planning Japan in 2025 before the announcement was made! If we end up going to Japan that year I think a detour to SWC would be inevitable LOL!

Mawhonic7

Postby Mawhonic7 » Thu Apr 27, 2023 11:08 am

rexflexall wrote:
Mawhonic7 wrote:
rexflexall wrote:

I missed London celebration by 2 weeks (went before to see family)...and we were already planning Japan in 2025 before the announcement was made! If we end up going to Japan that year I think a detour to SWC would be inevitable LOL!

It’s a great excuse to do both! I would really like to go to Japan one day.
Hi! I’m Eric

Jade10881

Postby Jade10881 » Thu Apr 27, 2023 11:19 am

Japan would be a dream. Will have to wait til Celebration comes back to Anaheim lol

rexflexall

Postby rexflexall » Fri Apr 28, 2023 11:13 am

Mawhonic7 wrote:
rexflexall wrote:
Mawhonic7 wrote:

We were set to go right before the pandemic started!

mattytreks

Postby mattytreks » Fri Apr 28, 2023 12:03 pm

rexflexall wrote:
Mawhonic7 wrote:
rexflexall wrote:

As were we.

Also, the timing (April) of Celebration 2025 means it should be sakura blossom season. This will be an incredible trip for those who make it.

disneyfunkoaddict

Postby disneyfunkoaddict » Fri Apr 28, 2023 4:26 pm

i still need to get my daughter these SW celebration pops from this year, she would love them.

rexflexall

Postby rexflexall » Tue May 02, 2023 10:31 am

mattytreks wrote:
rexflexall wrote:
Mawhonic7 wrote:

As were we.

Also, the timing (April) of Celebration 2025 means it should be sakura blossom season. This will be an incredible trip for those who make it.

Oh such planning probably begins NOW!

questkid32

Postby questkid32 » Fri May 05, 2023 2:02 pm

mattytreks wrote:
drtorch wrote:
mattytreks wrote:You've nailed it here. Celebration 2025 is going to be the best Celebration maybe ever. I will definitely be going!

Yeah, I was in Tokyo this past December and the sheer volume of comic, toy, anime, manga and pop culture stores was overwhelming and felt like I had died and gone to heaven. There are SO many cool stores that anyone visiting for the first time is gonna have the hard decision to make of how much time to spend at Celebration and how much time to spend exploring. (And this is to say nothing of the food, bars and other incredible offerings the city has outside of comics and toys culture.)

mattytreks

Postby mattytreks » Fri May 05, 2023 2:51 pm

questkid32 wrote:
mattytreks wrote:
drtorch wrote:

Yeah, I was in Tokyo this past December and the sheer volume of comic, toy, anime, manga and pop culture stores was overwhelming and felt like I had died and gone to heaven. There are SO many cool stores that anyone visiting for the first time is gonna have the hard decision to make of how much time to spend at Celebration and how much time to spend exploring. (And this is to say nothing of the food, bars and other incredible offerings the city has outside of comics and toys culture.)

You've summed up the expected experience just about perfectly. Anywhere where I can 1.) attend Celebration, 2.) be overwhelmed with geek culture outside of Celebration, and 3.) eat my fill of ramen/katsu-do, is going to be a place that will be quite memorable. I've been yearning to go to Japan for over a decade now and for one reason or another have ended up going many places other than Japan. But 2025 is it -- it's happening!

arnie

Postby arnie » Fri May 05, 2023 9:14 pm

Was a great day at DL yesterday!

arnie

Postby arnie » Sat May 06, 2023 8:04 pm

Prob at the SDCC again tbh...

mattytreks

Postby mattytreks » Sat May 06, 2023 10:38 pm

arnie wrote:Prob at the SDCC again tbh...

With the calendar flipped to May, we should start seeing SDCC reveals very soon.

Lord Bacon

Postby Lord Bacon » Fri May 19, 2023 4:25 pm

sushiguru wrote:
Lord Bacon wrote:
sushiguru wrote:ive already started saving up...hopefully japan is attainable for me

The good thing is we have 2 years to plan and save!

Id love to try and go for a jedi badge.

It's totally worth it, if you're able to get one. Having the piece of mind that you'll have access to the main panels and be amongst the first to enter the show floor, is completely worth the price tag to me. Especially now with the lottery system that makes attending panels and attaining exclusives a luck of the draw.
Last edited by Lord Bacon on Fri May 19, 2023 4:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Image Image Image Image Image

Lord Bacon

Postby Lord Bacon » Fri May 19, 2023 4:28 pm

mattytreks wrote:
questkid32 wrote:
mattytreks wrote:

You've summed up the expected experience just about perfectly. Anywhere where I can 1.) attend Celebration, 2.) be overwhelmed with geek culture outside of Celebration, and 3.) eat my fill of ramen/katsu-do, is going to be a place that will be quite memorable. I've been yearning to go to Japan for over a decade now and for one reason or another have ended up going many places other than Japan. But 2025 is it -- it's happening!

Having Celebration 2025 in Japan was the push I needed to finally plan a trip to Japan as well. It's going to be a great time!
Image Image Image Image Image

Blitzfreeze

Postby Blitzfreeze » Fri May 19, 2023 4:33 pm

Really looking forward to celebration in Japan as well, I'm in a discord server dedicated to celebration to help me plan and coordinate.
ImageImageImageImageImage
SDCC 1999-2023

jcrook

Postby jcrook » Fri May 19, 2023 4:59 pm

Blitzfreeze wrote:Really looking forward to celebration in Japan as well, I'm in a discord server dedicated to celebration to help me plan and coordinate.

How exciting that you are going.
Funko Fundays 2017
FunKon 2021
SDCC 2017, 2018, 2022

I go by Crook

mattytreks

Postby mattytreks » Fri May 19, 2023 5:00 pm

Lord Bacon wrote:
mattytreks wrote:
questkid32 wrote:Yeah, I was in Tokyo this past December and the sheer volume of comic, toy, anime, manga and pop culture stores was overwhelming and felt like I had died and gone to heaven. There are SO many cool stores that anyone visiting for the first time is gonna have the hard decision to make of how much time to spend at Celebration and how much time to spend exploring. (And this is to say nothing of the food, bars and other incredible offerings the city has outside of comics and toys culture.)

Having Celebration 2025 in Japan was the push I needed to finally plan a trip to Japan as well. It's going to be a great time!

Most definitely. The buildup to this event is going to be insane.

El_PANDA

Postby El_PANDA » Fri May 19, 2023 6:09 pm

Blitzfreeze wrote:Really looking forward to celebration in Japan as well, I'm in a discord server dedicated to celebration to help me plan and coordinate.

Awesome and congratulations on going hope you have a wonderful time

Blitzfreeze

Postby Blitzfreeze » Fri May 19, 2023 9:08 pm

Had a blast in the UK, my first time out of North America, but didn't really feel that different from like...Chicago. Definitely looking forward to Japan.
ImageImageImageImageImage
SDCC 1999-2023

FuegoGlorious

Postby FuegoGlorious » Fri May 19, 2023 10:14 pm

Is jar jar high? regardless had to buy, no choise
:SW7a:

x3r0

Postby x3r0 » Fri May 19, 2023 10:24 pm

Blitzfreeze wrote:Had a blast in the UK, my first time out of North America, but didn't really feel that different from like...Chicago. Definitely looking forward to Japan.

Japan is insanely fans of Star Wars. I would think they are more innovative over there. But I may be wrong. I want to goto Japan for other many reasons also. You’re going to have fun!! :)
Collecting since 2010

..I like to take photos of anything...

Funko Hollywood Grand Opening
Funko Hollywood's Sid and Marty Krofft
Funko Hollywood’s Funkon

Instagram: Euphoria Imaging

ascaryman

Postby ascaryman » Sat May 20, 2023 1:53 am

SWC Japan is going to be crazy. Hope they have some of the OG samurai sketches for Darth as a pop exclusive.
SDCC 2013-2018 | Fundays 2015-2018

BatLita

Postby BatLita » Thu Jun 01, 2023 12:34 pm

XSRK wrote:
BatLita wrote:Since a few Pops have been shown, what do you think the chances are of a surprise Pop? If so, what do you guess it could be?

Honestly who doesn’t like a surprise. I think when random pops get dropped at events it makes it more exciting. So Im hoping there are some random ones.

I hoped so too - the people at the event were so nice, even without the surprises
FRIGHT NIGHT 2022
FUNDAYS 2022
SDCC 2022
NYCC 2022
NYCC 2019
ECCC 2019
NYCC 2018
NYCC 2017
NYCC 2016
NYCC 2015

Return to “Pop!”