Canceled Funko Pops coming back one day?

We're not talking about soda, folks. This forum is dedicated to Funko's stylish Pop! series of vinyl figures, with or without springs.
Forum rules
This section is for general Pop discussion, not showing off your recent acquisitions. Please use the Dance Hall for collection addition pictures.

Please post Funko subscription box and item discussions in the Powered By Funko section.
Dave17251

Canceled Funko Pops coming back one day?

Postby Dave17251 » Thu Apr 20, 2023 6:26 pm

So as someone who absolutely loves the mythical creatures line, its been a weird feeling to turn my Kuchisake pop box around and see Daitengu and Hitotsume. Will pops like these ever see the light of day? I saw MJ pops coming soon announced by Funko so I have this small dash of hope. Thoughts? And any other pop lines that have pieces left behind? :-k

dork_knight
Spirit Award
Spirit Award

Re: Canceled Funko Pops coming back one day?

Postby dork_knight » Thu Apr 20, 2023 7:12 pm

Dave17251 wrote:So as someone who absolutely loves the mythical creatures line, its been a weird feeling to turn my Kuchisake pop box around and see Daitengu and Hitotsume. Will pops like these ever see the light of day? I saw MJ pops coming soon announced by Funko so I have this small dash of hope. Thoughts? And any other pop lines that have pieces left behind? :-k

I was happy to see the return of MJ POP!s Hoping we get the Thriller concepts that were floating around!

Also, with the Ahsoka hype, I’m hoping they consider bringing back that Star Wars Rebels wave that we never got and more!
Bah Weep Gragnah Weep Nini Bong!
FunKlub Member:2016000002828
Funko Collectibles Count:4000+
Pokémon GO! Pokédex: 807 | Trainer Name: DorkKn1ght

A few fellow Funko Funatics and I started a podcast: http://www.buzzsprout.com/1015576
FB: Dave Metran | IG: @dork_knight46 | TW: @davemetran

FunkoFresh253

Postby FunkoFresh253 » Thu Apr 20, 2023 7:15 pm

i was just going to comment MJ pops coming out. but not the thriller one that was randomly going around with the wolf variant. anyway hoping to see more music pops that were "rumored"
Team Goonies! Team Pop Protectors! Team Lumberjacks!Image

hpellot

Postby hpellot » Thu Apr 20, 2023 7:58 pm

FunkoFresh253 wrote:i was just going to comment MJ pops coming out. but not the thriller one that was randomly going around with the wolf variant. anyway hoping to see more music pops that were "rumored"

They showed concept are of that one
ImageImageImage

Some people call me the orange hoodie

ISO funko Force creature from black lagoon chase Glow in the dark

scullysdad

Postby scullysdad » Thu Apr 20, 2023 8:13 pm

Funko showed concepts for a Reservoir Dogs line a while ago, and I would like to see those released eventually.
Please Funko make Taylor Swift Pops!

Most wanted non-Taylor Pops: Carson Teva, Naru from Prey, The Last of Us TV show

renardchua
Collector Of The Year
Collector Of The Year

Postby renardchua » Fri Apr 21, 2023 2:28 am

Dave17251 wrote:So as someone who absolutely loves the mythical creatures line, its been a weird feeling to turn my Kuchisake pop box around and see Daitengu and Hitotsume. Will pops like these ever see the light of day? I saw MJ pops coming soon announced by Funko so I have this small dash of hope. Thoughts? And any other pop lines that have pieces left behind? :-k

Mythical Creatures are technically from the Mindstyle/Pop! Asia line.

They had a fair share of surprise drops last year during SDCC, you can hope for the best this year! :D
Hi, I’m Renard. :freddy3:
Instagram: @renardchua

funko_gtx91

Postby funko_gtx91 » Fri Apr 21, 2023 2:51 am

dork_knight wrote:

I was happy to see the return of MJ POP!s Hoping we get the Thriller concepts that were floating around!

Also, with the Ahsoka hype, I’m hoping they consider bringing back that Star Wars Rebels wave that we never got and more!

Your dream came true MJ is returning

FunCo010

Postby FunCo010 » Fri Apr 21, 2023 3:08 am

renardchua wrote:Mythical Creatures are technically from the Mindstyle/Pop! Asia line.

They had a fair share of surprise drops last year during SDCC, you can hope for the best this year! :D

Bring it on, awesome pops!
PLEASE FOLLOW ME ON INSTAGRAM: FUNCO010

emoagogo
HoF 2023 & Spirit
HoF 2023 & Spirit

Postby emoagogo » Fri Apr 21, 2023 9:39 am

renardchua wrote:

Mythical Creatures are technically from the Mindstyle/Pop! Asia line.

But I also want to see the regular myths comeback!

Emo or Emilio is fine.
ISO: Pixar Protos
IG: emoagogo

mongoose12

Postby mongoose12 » Fri Apr 21, 2023 10:03 am

i think these are the ones that have been on most ppl's minds...

bluesnote

Postby bluesnote » Fri Apr 21, 2023 10:58 am

I doubt it. Once something is officially canceled, it likely isn't going to be made into a pop anytime soon. I wouldn't get your hopes up.

hpellot

Postby hpellot » Fri Apr 21, 2023 11:26 am

scullysdad wrote:Funko showed concepts for a Reservoir Dogs line a while ago, and I would like to see those released eventually.

I forgot about that, thanks for reminding me.
ImageImageImage

Mawhonic7

Postby Mawhonic7 » Fri Apr 21, 2023 12:03 pm

I think a lot of it comes down to the licensor and approval process. I remember a mention of Rolling Stones Pops coming soon a few years ago and that hasn’t happened same with Top Gun. I wonder how far along either of those got? I can absolutely imagine Mick Jagger or Tom Cruise being very picky and ultimately deciding to decline design approval.
Hi! I’m Eric

Toys R Us Kid

Postby Toys R Us Kid » Fri Apr 21, 2023 12:07 pm

dork_knight wrote:

Which rebel characters or poses are you hoping for? :)

I want an Ahsoka / Vader show moment. Emotional T____T
Jorge, here! Instagram: toys.r.us.kid
Fundays 2018, 2019, 2022, 2023 | "Making Fun" Hollywood Premier | Funko Hollywood Grand Opening
Fright Night II 2022 | Mask - O - Raid 2022 | FDO9 Sacramento | Funkon I & II

lavery01
Collector of the Month
Collector of the Month

Postby lavery01 » Fri Apr 21, 2023 2:35 pm

bluesnote wrote:I doubt it. Once something is officially canceled, it likely isn't going to be made into a pop anytime soon. I wouldn't get your hopes up.

Going to probably have to agree, at least in all the years we’ve been collecting I can’t think of any pop being made after cancellation, but I could be wrong.
Hi I'm Latricia \:D/

Hopesdenial

Postby Hopesdenial » Fri Apr 21, 2023 4:38 pm

lavery01 wrote:
bluesnote wrote:I doubt it. Once something is officially canceled, it likely isn't going to be made into a pop anytime soon. I wouldn't get your hopes up.

Going to probably have to agree, at least in all the years we’ve been collecting I can’t think of any pop being made after cancellation, but I could be wrong.

Technically.... Alex from Clockwork Orange would be the exception.
Image Image

"We come to this place for magic. We come to funkofunatic.com to laugh, to cry, to care. Because we need that, all of us."

absurdnurd

Postby absurdnurd » Fri Apr 21, 2023 7:20 pm

I'm still wondering where the metallic Charizard for Wondercon went? I wonder if it'll ever see the light of day. :-k

bluesnote

Postby bluesnote » Sat Apr 22, 2023 12:44 am

absurdnurd wrote:I'm still wondering where the metallic Charizard for Wondercon went? I wonder if it'll ever see the light of day. :-k

Maybe a SDCC exclusive this year? Last year we did get a metallic Pokemon pop.

Joker3346

Postby Joker3346 » Sat Apr 22, 2023 8:39 am

Yeah I bet there is quite a few lines that got canceled and need to make a comeback. If they had lost the license or something screws things up as well. I'm hoping to get scott pilgrim back one day.. Popular like thats not going that should be.

lavery01
Collector of the Month
Collector of the Month

Postby lavery01 » Sat Apr 22, 2023 4:24 pm

Hopesdenial wrote:
lavery01 wrote:

Forgot about this one #-o
Hi I'm Latricia \:D/

NCDS

Postby NCDS » Sat Apr 22, 2023 5:22 pm

lavery01 wrote:
Hopesdenial wrote:
lavery01 wrote:

Forgot about this one #-o

The licensing can get crazy, I think that is when they get canceled and I doubt there is any chance of coming back. The rest I figure are revenue decisions, so if the hype picks up they could get made.
ISO Pockets Snapsie
2018 Punk Rock Bowling Champion

MisterJ85

Postby MisterJ85 » Sat Apr 22, 2023 5:37 pm

I really miss the Mythical line and the Pets line. I'd like to make customs of my dogs but they are so expensive now

thebigdog14

Postby thebigdog14 » Sat Apr 22, 2023 6:07 pm

I remember they were going to do Funko Candy Dispensers. Startrd with Marvel & DC. Never saw them anywhere.
SDCC 2014-2019, 2022, 2023
SWC 2019
Funko Fundays 2019, 2022, 2023

thebigdog14

Postby thebigdog14 » Sat Apr 22, 2023 6:07 pm

MisterJ85 wrote:I really miss the Mythical line and the Pets line. I'd like to make customs of my dogs but they are so expensive now

I agree. They need more breeds.
SDCC 2014-2019, 2022, 2023
SWC 2019
Funko Fundays 2019, 2022, 2023

MisterJ85

Postby MisterJ85 » Sat Apr 22, 2023 6:20 pm

thebigdog14 wrote:
MisterJ85 wrote:I really miss the Mythical line and the Pets line. I'd like to make customs of my dogs but they are so expensive now

I had some hope when the Toto and Einstein pops came out. The proceeds went to the ASPCA, I'd like to see the generic breeds come back and maybe go towards a rescue.

Mawhonic7

Postby Mawhonic7 » Sat Apr 22, 2023 7:15 pm

MisterJ85 wrote:
thebigdog14 wrote:

I had some hope when the Toto and Einstein pops came out. The proceeds went to the ASPCA, I'd like to see the generic breeds come back and maybe go towards a rescue.

I would really like to see the pets line come back. It would also be great if there were more movie pet Pops that benefit the ASPCA.
Hi! I’m Eric

El_PANDA

Postby El_PANDA » Sun Apr 23, 2023 3:16 am

funko_gtx91 wrote:
dork_knight wrote:

Your dream came true MJ is returning

Very excited for this pop

El_PANDA

Postby El_PANDA » Sun Apr 23, 2023 3:17 am

Mawhonic7 wrote:
MisterJ85 wrote:
thebigdog14 wrote:

I would really like to see the pets line come back. It would also be great if there were more movie pet Pops that benefit the ASPCA.

More dog pops would be awesome would love for a new mold of a German shepherd

Dave17251

Postby Dave17251 » Mon Apr 24, 2023 2:19 pm

So how does it work when they're original pops like the Pets line? I can understand pops from movies or shows being canceled due to licensing issues but always questioned the cancellation funko originals. Myths, Legendary Creatures and Pets are some of the cool ones for sure I would love to see more on

hpellot

Postby hpellot » Mon Apr 24, 2023 2:45 pm

mongoose12 wrote:i think these are the ones that have been on most ppl's minds...

I would love if they finally made these.
ImageImageImage

dork_knight
Spirit Award
Spirit Award

Postby dork_knight » Mon Apr 24, 2023 2:49 pm

Toys R Us Kid wrote:
dork_knight wrote:

Ooo That Ahsoka/Vader moment would be cool. With his half mask. Would be cool if they also did a Kenobi one with his half mask. Maybe that can be a chase variant LOL

For Rebels, we need an updated Ezra & Ezra. Glad we're getting Ahsoka the White, but would be cool to have the matching Sabine to go with it—with her darker armor and purple/lavender hair.

Other characters from Rebels I'd hope for are Governor Pryce because she's in the Thrawn trilogy books, maybe a temple guard & the Eighth Brother to round out the Inquisitors in the series? Wouldn't also mind a Loth Cat too :P

A few fellow Funko Funatics and I started a podcast: http://www.buzzsprout.com/1015576

mongoose12

Postby mongoose12 » Mon Apr 24, 2023 4:07 pm

hpellot wrote:
mongoose12 wrote:i think these are the ones that have been on most ppl's minds...

I would love if they finally made these.

If you meant it you would have posted twice. :-k

dork_knight
Spirit Award
Spirit Award

Postby dork_knight » Mon Apr 24, 2023 4:24 pm

absurdnurd wrote:I'm still wondering where the metallic Charizard for Wondercon went? I wonder if it'll ever see the light of day. :-k

Always hard to count on things that get leaked because other than them being unofficial announcements, there is also the possibility of licensors catching the leaks and the leaks ruining agreements/causing delays for Funko to resolve things. Not saying that's what happened, but there's always a possibility from what I've heard.

It's also possible that Funko didn't get the full shipment for Wondercon so they're holding off until another event.

Dave17251

Postby Dave17251 » Mon Apr 24, 2023 4:31 pm

dork_knight wrote:

Always hard to count on things that get leaked because other than them being unofficial announcements, there is also the possibility of licensors catching the leaks and the leaks ruining agreements/causing delays for Funko to resolve things. Not saying that's what happened, but there's always a possibility from what I've heard.

It's also possible that Funko didn't get the full shipment for Wondercon so they're holding off until another event.

I wonder what the feel would be if this does happen. The unreleased version is going for a hefty price tag and surely the collectors would feel it. Although Pokemon is just ramping up still so I'm surprised more haven't thought they would do something like that. Especially with Pokemon being a big line

fieldsy32

Postby fieldsy32 » Mon Apr 24, 2023 7:07 pm

Come up with some new art!
Eric, decently tall guy.

2017, 2018, 2019, 2022, 2023 Fundays
Funko HQ Grand Opening
2015, 2017, 2018, 2023 FDO
2022 Fright Night

hpellot

Postby hpellot » Mon Apr 24, 2023 10:46 pm

Dave17251 wrote:
dork_knight wrote:

I wonder what the feel would be if this does happen. The unreleased version is going for a hefty price tag and surely the collectors would feel it. Although Pokemon is just ramping up still so I'm surprised more haven't thought they would do something like that. Especially with Pokemon being a big line

Does that count since it came out overseas a bit?
ImageImageImage

Toys R Us Kid

Postby Toys R Us Kid » Tue Apr 25, 2023 1:58 am

dork_knight wrote:
Toys R Us Kid wrote:
dork_knight wrote:

Ooo That Ahsoka/Vader moment would be cool. With his half mask. Would be cool if they also did a Kenobi one with his half mask. Maybe that can be a chase variant LOL

For Rebels, we need an updated Ezra & Ezra. Glad we're getting Ahsoka the White, but would be cool to have the matching Sabine to go with it—with her darker armor and purple/lavender hair.

Other characters from Rebels I'd hope for are Governor Pryce because she's in the Thrawn trilogy books, maybe a temple guard & the Eighth Brother to round out the Inquisitors in the series? Wouldn't also mind a Loth Cat too :P

Omg chase open mask on the opposite side of his face with Obi. I would definitely need both. Two of my favorite moments. The brief glimpses of Anakin that try to escape Vader.

I’m surprised we don’t have a temple guard yet! All great suggestions :)
Jorge, here! Instagram: toys.r.us.kid
Fundays 2018, 2019, 2022, 2023 | "Making Fun" Hollywood Premier | Funko Hollywood Grand Opening
Fright Night II 2022 | Mask - O - Raid 2022 | FDO9 Sacramento | Funkon I & II

dork_knight
Spirit Award
Spirit Award

Postby dork_knight » Tue Apr 25, 2023 3:44 am

Dave17251 wrote:
dork_knight wrote:

Oh dang @_@ I didn’t know some made it out in circulation for people to buy.

Yeah…hopefully they eventually give it an official release soon so that Pokémon collectors can be complete :)

dork_knight
Spirit Award
Spirit Award

Postby dork_knight » Tue Apr 25, 2023 3:45 am

Toys R Us Kid wrote:
dork_knight wrote:
Toys R Us Kid wrote:

Omg chase open mask on the opposite side of his face with Obi. I would definitely need both. Two of my favorite moments. The brief glimpses of Anakin that try to escape Vader.

I’m surprised we don’t have a temple guard yet! All great suggestions :)

I think I’ve seen the concepts for the wave 2 that never happened and a temple guard was one of the concepts. Hopefully in the near future :)

rexflexall

Postby rexflexall » Tue Apr 25, 2023 11:36 am

scullysdad wrote:Funko showed concepts for a Reservoir Dogs line a while ago, and I would like to see those released eventually.

I need it too! Want to go with some Pulp Fiction!

Return to “Pop!”