Pop lines that were started but never finished.

We're not talking about soda, folks. This forum is dedicated to Funko's stylish Pop! series of vinyl figures, with or without springs.
Forum rules
This section is for general Pop discussion, not showing off your recent acquisitions. Please use the Dance Hall for collection addition pictures.

Please post Funko subscription box and item discussions in the Powered By Funko section.
ThePowerOfGus

Re: Pop lines that were started but never finished.

Postby ThePowerOfGus » Tue May 23, 2023 12:15 pm

Katers wrote:
pberickp wrote:
Katers wrote:
Coulson was the first pop I ever bought for myself. It's his fault I'm here....he's the glue for more than just the MCU apparently!

So funny! Coulson was my first POP! as well. It’s also the only POP! I have displayed in my room as all the rest are in a separate display area. He’s always keeping watch.

Love that we have the same first pop! Also good that he's keeping watch, since he's Fury's one good eye! :eek:

Coulson was one of my first pops, too. I used to travel a lot up and down the coast (California guy here) and he would always go with on adventures. I never di get Lola, though. Maybe someday!
Toy Collector - Scenic Designer - Goofball

pberickp

Postby pberickp » Tue May 23, 2023 12:35 pm

ThePowerOfGus wrote:
Katers wrote:
pberickp wrote:So funny! Coulson was my first POP! as well. It’s also the only POP! I have displayed in my room as all the rest are in a separate display area. He’s always keeping watch.

Love that we have the same first pop! Also good that he's keeping watch, since he's Fury's one good eye! :eek:

Coulson was one of my first pops, too. I used to travel a lot up and down the coast (California guy here) and he would always go with on adventures. I never di get Lola, though. Maybe someday!

So cool! I bring a couple POPs (or mystery minis) with me when I travel as well and set them on the dresser. Makes me feel more at home when on vacation.
Hi, my name is Erick. I live in San Diego and I love Spastik Plastik.
ISO: Luther (glow), metallic green Sam, Pulpos from SDCC Funko Supermarket, & any T-Bone other than blue and red.
SDCC 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2021, 2022
ImageImage

x3r0

Postby x3r0 » Tue May 23, 2023 12:39 pm

It’s interesting to see the movie “300” line only had 1 pop. But heavy gut feeling there’ll be more coming out and a new release of the old grail of Leoninadas.. but new mold.
Collecting since 2010

..I like to take photos of anything...

Funko Hollywood Grand Opening
Funko Hollywood's Sid and Marty Krofft
Funko Hollywood’s Funkon

Instagram: Euphoria Imaging

TonyCFunko

Postby TonyCFunko » Tue May 23, 2023 12:39 pm

The Haunted mansion stretching portraits. They only did two of the four. So easily to complete. Just release two more
:freddy2:
Twitter/Instagram: @TonyCFunko
Wondercon ‘23
Fright Nights ‘22
NYCC ‘22
Fundays ‘22
SDCC ‘22
Wondercon ‘22
Funko Pop Quiz S1 Semi-Finalist
SDCC Special Edition ‘21

ISO: My Hero Academia & Demon Slayer Protos

calpolo17

Postby calpolo17 » Tue May 23, 2023 1:32 pm

lavery01 wrote:
calpolo17 wrote:Neon Genesis Evangelion
Would have liked more Fast and Furious Pops, especially Rides!

Fast and Furious will remain a line that’ll never finish because the movies are never going to end. :roflmao: :roflmao: isn’t the new movie the 10th one? I’ve lost count.

Yep...10th one currently out. Plus the spin-off Hobbs and Shaw. I will say this newest one was pretty much 2.5 hours of action and entertainment. Momoa was great in it too.

calpolo17

Postby calpolo17 » Tue May 23, 2023 1:58 pm

scullysdad wrote:
calpolo17 wrote:Neon Genesis Evangelion

I really wish they had done a lot more for Eva. The other Eva units would have been awesome, and Misato deserved a Pop, too. I think the ship has sailed on making more, though.

Misato and Mari definitely deserved Pops!

mastakimchi

Postby mastakimchi » Tue May 23, 2023 11:35 pm

im probably the only one.. but wish they completed princess bride.. would love a miracle max

TriFeckTa

Postby TriFeckTa » Tue May 23, 2023 11:42 pm

Started Avatar the Last Airbender, but couldn't follow through when it started to become a rabbit hole.
Hey there, I'm Michael and I am an Iron Man Junkie!
Iron Man POP! Collection (Production Pieces): COMPLETE
Iron Man Proto Count: 50
Iron Man Wacky Wobblers: IN PROGRESS

ISO: Gold Mark 2 Iron Man CHASE Wobbler, Gold Mark 1 Iron Man CHASE Wobbler, Gold and Silver 1/12 Freddy Stark Wobblers, and IRON MAN RELATED PROTOS

Check out my IG: @triifeckta
ImageImage

Trujitsu Ninja

Postby Trujitsu Ninja » Tue May 23, 2023 11:53 pm

joecolt wrote:
Trujitsu Ninja wrote:What pop line did you start collecting that Funko has yet to make the line complete. I was thinking the other day about some of the pop lines I have that I would like to see a complete set. A few lines that come to my mind is Nacho Liber why was there not more of that line? Also the Gotchaman line they made 3 of the 5 characters from the team. Encanto they still need tia Pepa and her husband Tio Felex. So what lines do you own that you feel are missing pops???

I agree with Nacho Libre. Id love to see:

- Eskeleto
-Encarnacion
-Chancho
-Ramses

Yup and a two pack of those little monster dudes. I definitely think they should try to pick this line back up.
:smt027 Trujitsu Ninja
Current collection count 540 updated 06/08/22
Interest pops Anime MHA and Naruto. Movie pops Pennywise, Killer Clowns and Warriors.

Trujitsu Ninja

Postby Trujitsu Ninja » Tue May 23, 2023 11:55 pm

Katers wrote:
Trujitsu Ninja wrote:
Katers wrote:
Us never getting a Mack with his shotgun axe is an absolute disappointment that I may never recover from. But I will never stop hoping that he'll just show up one day, maybe as a convention exclusive.

I could see that happening.

Right? They've done similar things with other lines...Dr. Who comes to mind immediately. Just a random con exclusive pop here or there. Now it's our turn - bring on the Agents!

This would definitely make the set to be sought after.
Interest pops Anime MHA and Naruto. Movie pops Pennywise, Killer Clowns and Warriors.

Libertyroxx

Postby Libertyroxx » Tue May 23, 2023 11:58 pm

Doctor Who. There's quite a few missing still;
2nd, 3rd, 5th, 6th, 7th, 8th, War Doctor, Ruth and why not, Jackson Lake!
Proud member of The United Funko Family
Fundays 2015 through 2019, 2022, 2023
FDO 7 NYC FDO 8 Sacramento FDO 9 Las Vegas
Fright Night 1 & 2 , HQ Grand Opening, Making Fun Premier, Funko Hollywood Grand Opening, Funkon 1

Funklub member # 14829
Collections Star Wars, IRON MAIDEN :headbang: , Doctor Who, Marvel, Movies, Freddy Funko, Spastik/Fantastik Plastik

ImageImage

Alanamaslama

Postby Alanamaslama » Wed May 24, 2023 12:05 am

Libertyroxx wrote:Doctor Who. There's quite a few missing still;
2nd, 3rd, 5th, 6th, 7th, 8th, War Doctor, Ruth and why not, Jackson Lake!

I don’t know too much about Doctor Who, but I remember there being a War Doctor released around 2016-2017.
Hey, I’m Alan!

Events checked off:

Funko Fundays 2017, FunKon 2021
SDCC 1999, 2017-2019, 2022, 2023
WonderCon 2019
Comic Con Revolution Ontario 2017, 2018, 2023
Los Angeles Comic Con 2016, 2018, 2019

Katers

Postby Katers » Wed May 24, 2023 2:09 am

ThePowerOfGus wrote:
Katers wrote:
pberickp wrote:So funny! Coulson was my first POP! as well. It’s also the only POP! I have displayed in my room as all the rest are in a separate display area. He’s always keeping watch.

I passed on Lola when she came out, thinking I'd get her on clearance or just later on in general. And then POOF, she's gone! Figured I'd never get to add her, but I got lucky at a local pop meet with someone just wanting to not have to pack her up, and brought her home. Such a good feeling to add her and at least be complete with what was released for the show! :cheers: So don't lose hope - maybe Lola will come to you eventually!
Image ImageImage Image

Katers

Postby Katers » Wed May 24, 2023 2:11 am

TonyCFunko wrote:The Haunted mansion stretching portraits. They only did two of the four. So easily to complete. Just release two more

I somehow missed those being released, and I think I'm glad I did. Those missing 2 would drive me crazy! lol
Image ImageImage Image

MisterJ85

Postby MisterJ85 » Wed May 24, 2023 9:23 am

Katers wrote:
TonyCFunko wrote:The Haunted mansion stretching portraits. They only did two of the four. So easily to complete. Just release two more

I somehow missed those being released, and I think I'm glad I did. Those missing 2 would drive me crazy! lol

And arguably the two best ones were left out. There's still demand so I hope to see them.

DeejayDaffy

Postby DeejayDaffy » Wed May 24, 2023 10:56 am

I feel like Ratatouille could use some more characters. There’s only 3 right now but there’s still quite a few that could be done. And some of them would look awesome.

Anton Ego
Collete
Gusteau
Skinner
All of the kitchen staff

MaxFMusic

Postby MaxFMusic » Wed May 24, 2023 3:36 pm

The Harry Potter Quidditch match set is missing just Hermione in the gear, nothing else! Hoping they will finish it out soon.
Max F.
Media Scorer, Composer, and Trumpeter
Collecting since November 2013
Funatic Member since July 2022
200+ Funko products in my collection :freddy1:

tigsabud1

Postby tigsabud1 » Wed May 24, 2023 3:46 pm

I'm forever bummed that the Batman: Arkham pops that were revealed in one of those preview magazines never ended up coming out, especially since my guy Scarecrow was among them. I absolutely love the Arkham designs, so I would've loved some more to add to the Asylum and Knight collection. Then again, there was the odd, one-off drop of Azrael from Arkham Knight last year, so I guess anything is possible!

Second place would be Firefly. We got Pops AND Legacy figures, but they weren't able to complete the team in either line. I love the ones they released, but it still bums me out when I see them on my shelf.

I also lament that Pirates of the Caribbean didn't come out when Pops were huge. I know we got some, but I just drool thinking about all the others we're missing out on- Pintel, Ragetti, Tia Dalma, Gibbs, Norrington, Cutler Beckett, Sao Feng, etc. Having any of Davy Jones' crew in Pop form would also be a dream come true!

Oh, and Kingdom Hearts! I know it's almost an impossible line to finish, but the fact we didn't at least get a Roxas still bums me out.

As you can see, I lament many lines not being finished. lol
:dkjoker1:

Hopesdenial

Postby Hopesdenial » Wed May 24, 2023 6:34 pm

Technically due to poses and variants etc.... it's never ending lol. I would probably say Scott Pilgrim though if anything since there's different things you can do with those characters. Potentially Saga as well.

MissKitty

Postby MissKitty » Wed May 24, 2023 8:33 pm

Katers wrote:

Welcome to my nightmare world! Hahaa. I have them hiding so I don't fixate on it and do customs of the missing two. And let's just say, it won't be pretty. lol

Mawhonic7

Postby Mawhonic7 » Wed May 24, 2023 9:22 pm

There are so many missing from the classic Disney animated films. The Rescuers could definitely get some Pop love!
Hi! I’m Eric

Munke

Postby Munke » Wed May 24, 2023 9:33 pm

5th element missing characters
GpK hits tons

nightbodega

Postby nightbodega » Wed May 24, 2023 10:23 pm

This is a great question and interesting responses. For a while, I thought we wouldn't see more Gremlins, but that grew a bit. Feel that could still expand.

Katers

Postby Katers » Fri May 26, 2023 12:49 am

MisterJ85 wrote:
Katers wrote:

And arguably the two best ones were left out. There's still demand so I hope to see them.

Had to go look them up, and yep, the best two haven't been made yet. No wonder I passed on them! But if the other two come out, I'm sure I'll be scrambling for the first two. Isn't that the way it always goes for us? Non-buyers remorse is a real thing! lol
Image ImageImage Image

Katers

Postby Katers » Fri May 26, 2023 12:55 am

MaxFMusic wrote:The Harry Potter Quidditch match set is missing just Hermione in the gear, nothing else! Hoping they will finish it out soon.

You had me seriously going "Hermione doesn't play quidditch??" until I realized you meant the Quidditch World Cup batch. And agreed - we need her to round out that portion! On that note though, we could also still use an Arthur for the Harry Potter line in general.
Image ImageImage Image

Katers

Postby Katers » Fri May 26, 2023 1:03 am

MissKitty wrote:
Katers wrote:

Welcome to my nightmare world! Hahaa. I have them hiding so I don't fixate on it and do customs of the missing two. And let's just say, it won't be pretty. lol

Oh, but now I want to see what kind of customs you'd make? My skills thus far don't lend themselves to making custom pops, but I'd probably do a good job demolishing others to help make the custom. I'm always so impressed with any custom someone can do!

So I think the real question though is this - if a pop is in hiding so you don't fixate on it, does it really even exist? lol
Image ImageImage Image

stichem05

Postby stichem05 » Fri May 26, 2023 9:40 am

This is a great thread. Being a huge Spider-Man fan mine was Mary Jane, but I did see a leak with a special edition sticker so she seems to be coming soon!

And I agree on AOS, I met Coulson at C2E2 and he was awesome. I have my signed LOLA as a prized possession :freddy1:

kerrylee

Postby kerrylee » Fri May 26, 2023 2:35 pm

I tried to complete the Star Wars Rebels and Clone wars set. I ended up coming up short and selling all of them. I completely regret it now. I have slowly started buying them back now haha.
Collecting Funko since 2016
First Pop: Vegeta #14
First Con: Funkon 2021 Hollywood
SDCC: 2022, 2023 (Lumberjacks)
NYCC: 2022, 2023
ECCC: N/A
Wondercon: 2022, 2023

MissKitty

Postby MissKitty » Fri May 26, 2023 6:27 pm

Katers wrote:
MissKitty wrote:
Katers wrote:

Oh, but now I want to see what kind of customs you'd make? My skills thus far don't lend themselves to making custom pops, but I'd probably do a good job demolishing others to help make the custom. I'm always so impressed with any custom someone can do!

So I think the real question though is this - if a pop is in hiding so you don't fixate on it, does it really even exist? lol

I made a custom Golden Tiki, more as a joke. I used air molding clay and it was so ugly, we all laughed.

1005_echo

Postby 1005_echo » Fri May 26, 2023 7:09 pm

Was going to suggest this, but it's already here so....
:freddy2: Funklub member # 10516.

Katers

Postby Katers » Sat May 27, 2023 2:19 am

stichem05 wrote:This is a great thread. Being a huge Spider-Man fan mine was Mary Jane, but I did see a leak with a special edition sticker so she seems to be coming soon!

And I agree on AOS, I met Coulson at C2E2 and he was awesome. I have my signed LOLA as a prized possession :freddy1:

That'll be such a great feeling when you have MJ in hand and feel closer to complete!

Getting LOLA signed would be a dream come true! Congrats on meeting Clark Gregg, what a great experience that must have been! :cheers:
Image ImageImage Image

Katers

Postby Katers » Sat May 27, 2023 2:20 am

MissKitty wrote:
Katers wrote:
MissKitty wrote:Welcome to my nightmare world! Hahaa. I have them hiding so I don't fixate on it and do customs of the missing two. And let's just say, it won't be pretty. lol

I made a custom Golden Tiki, more as a joke. I used air molding clay and it was so ugly, we all laughed.

I'm afraid we're going to need to see pictures of these so we can all enjoy your skills! lol
Image ImageImage Image

Katers

Postby Katers » Sat May 27, 2023 2:21 am

1005_echo wrote:

That (should) just mean that more people still want those remaining pops, and they need to get made! :cheers:
Image ImageImage Image

Mr Yac

Postby Mr Yac » Sat May 27, 2023 9:48 am

Arcadefunko wrote:
Regular show

How nobody at Funko thought to make a pop of Pops is one of the great mysteries of life. With the adventure time NFT set I’ll hold out hope that maybe Regular Show isn’t truly forgotten and we may see at least Pops and High 5 someday.

Trujitsu Ninja

Postby Trujitsu Ninja » Sat May 27, 2023 10:34 am

Mr Yac wrote:
Arcadefunko wrote:
Regular show

How nobody at Funko thought to make a pop of Pops is one of the great mysteries of life. With the adventure time NFT set I’ll hold out hope that maybe Regular Show isn’t truly forgotten and we may see at least Pops and High 5 someday.

Just what I was thinking =P~

Mr Yac

Postby Mr Yac » Sat May 27, 2023 10:35 am

Trujitsu Ninja wrote:

Weird, it’s like our thoughts are connected in some weird way outside of the board or something

Trujitsu Ninja

Postby Trujitsu Ninja » Sat May 27, 2023 10:37 am

Mr Yac wrote:
Trujitsu Ninja wrote:

Weird, it’s like our thoughts are connected in some weird way outside of the board or something

lol lol lol lol :freddy2:

TonyCFunko

Postby TonyCFunko » Sat May 27, 2023 1:35 pm

Katers wrote:
1005_echo wrote:

That (should) just mean that more people still want those remaining pops, and they need to get made! :cheers:

Exactly!!
:freddy2:
Twitter/Instagram: @TonyCFunko
Wondercon ‘23
Fright Nights ‘22
NYCC ‘22
Fundays ‘22
SDCC ‘22
Wondercon ‘22
Funko Pop Quiz S1 Semi-Finalist
SDCC Special Edition ‘21

ISO: My Hero Academia & Demon Slayer Protos

Lord Bacon

Postby Lord Bacon » Sat May 27, 2023 3:27 pm

Firefly/Serenity. I'm still holding out hope that we'll get a River, Simon, Inara and Shepard Pops to complete the ship crew. Would be an awesome set to complete.
Image Image Image Image Image

Kwiksilverpop

Postby Kwiksilverpop » Sat May 27, 2023 3:32 pm

x3r0 wrote:It’s interesting to see the movie “300” line only had 1 pop. But heavy gut feeling there’ll be more coming out and a new release of the old grail of Leoninadas.. but new mold.

This movie would be a cool line to have extra pops. Someone would eventually buy 300 and make an army lol
Cons: Comikaze' 15, SDCC '16, NYCC '16, Blizzcon '16, ECCC '17, D23 '17, SDCC '17, Blizzcon '17, ECCC '18, SDCC' 18, NYCC '18, DCON '18, SDCC '19, NYCC' 21, SDCC '22
Events: Fundays '16, Fright Night '16, Fundays '17, HQ Grand Opening '17, Fundays '18, Fundays '19, Fundays '22

Return to “Pop!”