Low LE Freddy Pop Or Funko Proto Pop

We're not talking about soda, folks. This forum is dedicated to Funko's stylish Pop! series of vinyl figures, with or without springs.
Forum rules
This section is for general Pop discussion, not showing off your recent acquisitions. Please use the Dance Hall for collection addition pictures.

Please post Funko subscription box and item discussions in the Powered By Funko section.
mikechickenhead

Re: Low LE Freddy Pop Or Funko Proto Pop

Postby mikechickenhead » Tue Nov 07, 2023 10:39 am

Both???
HEY HO! FUNKO!

ImageImage Image Image
Fundays. 3 FDO. 3

poporazzy

Postby poporazzy » Tue Nov 07, 2023 10:44 am

Fnava87 wrote:Happy Sunday Funatics,

I wanted to pick your brains. We all know not a lot of protos were given away at fundays this year ,but I’ve noticed this thread on social Media funatics wanting to trade their nice personal protos for the Freddy glow as Anakin from Star Wars. My question is do you funatics prefer a nice Low LE count Freddy as a character from Marvel, Anime or Star Wars? Or rather have a Prototype?

Personally I Love Freddy’s more than prototypes, I am a sucker for Freddy’s as a Marvel Character. :freddy3:

What’s your Take? :freddy2:

Not me being one of the people wiling to trade a proto for a glow Freddy anakin!

zonkttc

Postby zonkttc » Tue Nov 07, 2023 12:00 pm

poporazzy wrote:

I wanted to pick your brains. We all know not a lot of protos were given away at fundays this year ,but I’ve noticed this thread on social Media funatics wanting to trade their nice personal protos for the Freddy glow as Anakin from Star Wars. My question is do you funatics prefer a nice Low LE count Freddy as a character from Marvel, Anime or Star Wars? Or rather have a Prototype?

Personally I Love Freddy’s more than prototypes, I am a sucker for Freddy’s as a Marvel Character. :freddy3:

Not me being one of the people wiling to trade a proto for a glow Freddy anakin!

:freddy1: you're not alone. :bounce: :compress:

poporazzy

Postby poporazzy » Tue Nov 07, 2023 12:16 pm

zonkttc wrote:
poporazzy wrote:

Like I love protos and all but I’ll definitely take a low piece counted Freddy of a character I love any day!

Fnava87

Postby Fnava87 » Tue Nov 07, 2023 3:11 pm

poporazzy wrote:

Yeah for sure definitely Freddy of the year :bounce:

Fnava87

Postby Fnava87 » Tue Nov 07, 2023 3:12 pm

poporazzy wrote:
zonkttc wrote:
poporazzy wrote:

Like I love protos and all but I’ll definitely take a low piece counted Freddy of a character I love any day!

Yeah for sure Freddy’s are life Freddy’s are love \:D/

rexflexall

Postby rexflexall » Wed Nov 08, 2023 11:06 am

Fnava87 wrote:
rexflexall wrote:
Fnava87 wrote:
Man time flies for sure I wish I was part of funko back in those days ngl ](*,)

It was so fun at SDCC 2010 and 2011! Funko was still small so protos were just being thrown out to the crowd back then on the con floor!

Lucky!!! I wish I can travel back in time for those days ](*,)
Good ol days =D>

I remember walking by the Funko booth back in 2011 multiple times, no lines, just walk up to the counter and pick what pops you wanted - like a 20 minute ordeal at most LOL! I really shoulda bought 6 of each back then of each SDCC exclusive for only $15 per pop HA! Sittin' on a yacht now!

Fnava87

Postby Fnava87 » Wed Nov 08, 2023 11:41 pm

rexflexall wrote:
Fnava87 wrote:
rexflexall wrote:
It was so fun at SDCC 2010 and 2011! Funko was still small so protos were just being thrown out to the crowd back then on the con floor!

Good ol days =D>

I remember walking by the Funko booth back in 2011 multiple times, no lines, just walk up to the counter and pick what pops you wanted - like a 20 minute ordeal at most LOL! I really shoulda bought 6 of each back then of each SDCC exclusive for only $15 per pop HA! Sittin' on a yacht now!

Hahaha damn now is crazy how funko has evolved over the years.

chosenjuan01

Postby chosenjuan01 » Wed Nov 08, 2023 11:50 pm

Fnava87 wrote:
rexflexall wrote:
Fnava87 wrote:
Good ol days =D>

Dang that’s crazy to actually think about lol. You would have been sitting on a dang gold mine! All of those Funko SDCC exclusives from 2011-2016 are worth crazy money mow.
I AM THE CHOSENJUAN :dance:
SHINZOU WO SASAGAYO
COMPTON BORN N RAISED

Fnava87

Postby Fnava87 » Wed Nov 08, 2023 11:54 pm

chosenjuan01 wrote:
Fnava87 wrote:
rexflexall wrote:

Dang that’s crazy to actually think about lol. You would have been sitting on a dang gold mine! All of those Funko SDCC exclusives
from 2011-2016 are worth crazy money mow.

Hahaha yeah man I have a buddy of mine that went to fundays during those Willy wonka chocolates he said back then fundays was not hard to get now half an NFL football field is trying to get a pair
:roflmao: I did not collect back then I would’ve loved one of those Freddy’s back then those low LE ones instead of a proto for sure hahaha

chosenjuan01

Postby chosenjuan01 » Wed Nov 08, 2023 11:58 pm

Fnava87 wrote:
chosenjuan01 wrote:
Fnava87 wrote:

Dang that’s crazy to actually think about lol. You would have been sitting on a dang gold mine! All of those Funko SDCC exclusives

Hahaha yeah man I have a buddy of mine that went to fundays during those Willy wonka chocolates he said back then fundays was not hard to get now half an NFL football field is trying to get a pair
:roflmao: I did not collect back then

Wow that is crazy to actually think about. I would have been collecting back then but I had no idea Funko even existed. Fundays nowadays is like the superbowl at this point lol
I AM THE CHOSENJUAN :dance:
SHINZOU WO SASAGAYO
COMPTON BORN N RAISED

Fnava87

Postby Fnava87 » Thu Nov 09, 2023 12:10 am

chosenjuan01 wrote:
Fnava87 wrote:
chosenjuan01 wrote:Dang that’s crazy to actually think about lol. You would have been sitting on a dang gold mine! All of those Funko SDCC exclusives

:roflmao: I did not collect back then

Wow that is crazy to actually think about. I would have been collecting back then but I had no idea Funko even existed. Fundays nowadays is like the superbowl at this point lol

Yeah Funmaker said something big as Coachella during his mask o raid presentation and I shouted out nah! Fundays 100 times better and cooler :roflmao:

ddiggler421

Postby ddiggler421 » Thu Nov 09, 2023 10:53 am

the lower limit over the protos only because buying a proto is 100% on trust not knowing if it’s real and is more risky than a low numbered pop which can be Checked for flaws and things that may show it’s real or not

rexflexall

Postby rexflexall » Thu Nov 09, 2023 11:02 am

Fnava87 wrote:
chosenjuan01 wrote:
Fnava87 wrote:

:roflmao: I did not collect back then I would’ve loved one of those Freddy’s back then those low LE ones instead of a proto for sure hahaha

Those Freddys in the early days were so much easier to get, wish I cared about attending Fundays back then!

Jchillin92

Postby Jchillin92 » Thu Nov 09, 2023 12:39 pm

They're both amazing but I think I would prefer the proto a bit more
NYCC 21,22,23 - SDCC 23
Fright night 22 , Fundays 23
NYCC Fugitive 23
Just Chillinnn :blob6:

Fnava87

Postby Fnava87 » Thu Nov 09, 2023 3:22 pm

rexflexall wrote:
Fnava87 wrote:
chosenjuan01 wrote:Dang that’s crazy to actually think about lol. You would have been sitting on a dang gold mine! All of those Funko SDCC exclusives

Those Freddys in the early days were so much easier to get, wish I cared about attending Fundays back then!

Yeah man me too ,but we gotta start somewhere hahaha

rexflexall

Postby rexflexall » Mon Nov 13, 2023 10:18 am

Fnava87 wrote:
rexflexall wrote:
Fnava87 wrote:

Yeah man me too ,but we gotta start somewhere hahaha

Somewhere not in the thousands of dollars for one pop HA!

xLorCx

Postby xLorCx » Tue Nov 14, 2023 12:47 pm

Protos are always nice to have but I would rather have lower count Freddys. Since events are a lot bigger than what they used to be, we won’t see a super low count Freddy.

zonkttc

Postby zonkttc » Wed Nov 15, 2023 7:43 pm

xLorCx wrote:Protos are always nice to have but I would rather have lower count Freddys. Since events are a lot bigger than what they used to be, we won’t see a super low count Freddy.

:freddy1: im hopeful it'll happen again. Anythings possible. :bounce: :compress:

DrunkoPop

Postby DrunkoPop » Thu Nov 16, 2023 12:08 pm

mikechickenhead wrote:Both???

Agreed. BOTH lol
Image Image
ImageImage

sealordbrian

Postby sealordbrian » Thu Nov 16, 2023 7:30 pm

Think it's a personal choice but for me I'd take the Pop over the proto (unless it was an absolute favorite character or something like that).

zonkttc

Postby zonkttc » Fri Nov 17, 2023 11:37 am

sealordbrian wrote:Think it's a personal choice but for me I'd take the Pop over the proto (unless it was an absolute favorite character or something like that).

:freddy1: yea I find its what values more to me. Which can be the complete opposite from someone else. I just think from habbit I like freddy pops before protos. But I can change my mind. :bounce: :compress:

FunkoPDX

Postby FunkoPDX » Sat Nov 18, 2023 12:27 pm

rexflexall wrote:Overall I think I would like lower number LE pops!

Same boat but do love my photo collection.
Think it's the LE final product that makes it more enticing to me.
Cheers Funko Fam!

diabolix

Postby diabolix » Sun Nov 19, 2023 1:10 pm

Generally, I'd go for a low numbered LE pop. But I do love my proto collection, so if I was offered a Futurama proto, I'd take that in a heartbeat

Brahuna13+

Postby Brahuna13+ » Sun Nov 19, 2023 6:55 pm

xLorCx wrote:Protos are always nice to have but I would rather have lower count Freddys. Since events are a lot bigger than what they used to be, we won’t see a super low count Freddy.

I’ll have to second this. Protos are cool but those lower count Freddy’s are pretty at the big events would be amazing.

Fnava87

Postby Fnava87 » Mon Nov 20, 2023 1:58 am

Brahuna13+ wrote:

I’ll have to second this. Protos are cool but those lower count Freddy’s are pretty at the big events would be amazing.

Yeah man I definitely love those Low LE Freddy’s :cheers: this years fundays had so many great ones.

Fnava87

Postby Fnava87 » Mon Nov 20, 2023 1:59 am

Yeah why not no wrong or right answer here hahaha :roflmao:

Ginzo1622

Postby Ginzo1622 » Mon Nov 20, 2023 6:51 am

Fnava87 wrote:

Well they give that out before so why change right
Fundays 2022 - Proto Robots
Fright Night 2022
Fundays 2023 - Protomoa Wolves

Don't stand in my way!!!

:whdat:

zonkttc

Postby zonkttc » Mon Nov 20, 2023 7:38 am

Ginzo1622 wrote:
Fnava87 wrote:

:freddy1: XD literally had a flash of that girl in the taco commercial. Porque no los dos? Lol :bounce: :compress:

Heyitsallwin

Postby Heyitsallwin » Mon Nov 20, 2023 9:54 pm

Agreed. I mean, why not, right? lol
SDCC Funday 2023

Beto2499

Postby Beto2499 » Mon Nov 20, 2023 11:09 pm

wengderful wrote:It’s cool to own a few protos, but love having to display LE pops.

I’m right there with you love showing off my limited edition Freddy funkos

wolfy233

Postby wolfy233 » Tue Nov 21, 2023 4:28 am

Low Le for me. Protos are so subjective. I'd rather have the literal, total package when it comes to a pop, especially a Freddy.

Ronnie18

Postby Ronnie18 » Tue Nov 21, 2023 7:48 am

I prefer a lower le over a proto.

Fnava87

Postby Fnava87 » Tue Nov 21, 2023 11:47 am

zonkttc wrote:
Ginzo1622 wrote:
Fnava87 wrote:

:freddy1: XD literally had a flash of that girl in the taco commercial. Porque no los dos? Lol :bounce: :compress:

Hahahaa I’m rolling :roflmao:

Fnava87

Postby Fnava87 » Tue Nov 21, 2023 11:49 am

wolfy233 wrote:Low Le for me. Protos are so subjective. I'd rather have the literal, total package when it comes to a pop, especially a Freddy.

Yeah for sure nice and finished Freddy definitely are fire, once you have a minty one right into a pop shield protector :cheers:

Jchillin92

Postby Jchillin92 » Tue Nov 21, 2023 12:14 pm

One piece LE 50 - only 1 per per state. The entire crew on an 18" jump thousand sunny
NYCC 21,22,23 - SDCC 23
NYCC Fugitive 23

zonkttc

Postby zonkttc » Tue Nov 21, 2023 7:59 pm

Jchillin92 wrote:One piece LE 50 - only 1 per per state. The entire crew on an 18" jump thousand sunny

Top answer

LAX_Men4ever

Postby LAX_Men4ever » Tue Nov 21, 2023 9:41 pm

A less than LE 250 Freddy as Avatar Aang glow

Jchillin92

Postby Jchillin92 » Wed Nov 22, 2023 1:47 pm

zonkttc wrote:
Jchillin92 wrote:One piece LE 50 - only 1 per per state. The entire crew on an 18" jump thousand sunny

Top answer

Imagine?! Omfg hahahhaa I'd call out sick for a week and go on the hunt
NYCC 21,22,23 - SDCC 23
NYCC Fugitive 23

Turie1975

Postby Turie1975 » Wed Nov 22, 2023 4:44 pm

Its not a super easy question as many that have Proto's understand that there isnt even 25 of that mold- more times than not its probably under 10- now of course this will matter more to those collector's that collect Protos. But LE's are and should always be in demand- which will
Come down to what most have previously said- collecting what they they most desire- character's and IP's.

Return to “Pop!”