Low LE Freddy Pop Or Funko Proto Pop

We're not talking about soda, folks. This forum is dedicated to Funko's stylish Pop! series of vinyl figures, with or without springs.
Forum rules
This section is for general Pop discussion, not showing off your recent acquisitions. Please use the Dance Hall for collection addition pictures.

Please post Funko subscription box and item discussions in the Powered By Funko section.
Fnava87

Low LE Freddy Pop Or Funko Proto Pop

Postby Fnava87 » Sun Aug 06, 2023 1:18 pm

Happy Sunday Funatics,

I wanted to pick your brains. We all know not a lot of protos were given away at fundays this year ,but I’ve noticed this thread on social Media funatics wanting to trade their nice personal protos for the Freddy glow as Anakin from Star Wars. My question is do you funatics prefer a nice Low LE count Freddy as a character from Marvel, Anime or Star Wars? Or rather have a Prototype?

Personally I Love Freddy’s more than prototypes, I am a sucker for Freddy’s as a Marvel Character. :freddy3:

What’s your Take? :freddy2:

HowardTheDuck

Re: Low LE Freddy Pop Or Funko Proto Pop

Postby HowardTheDuck » Sun Aug 06, 2023 2:39 pm

It depends on my attachment to the character. Say I had attended Fundays and pulled something like the Glow Anakin Freddy or the Brown Wolverine Freddy for a Marvel fan like me. Now I love Wolverine and I’d be ecstatic about that pull. But if someone offered me the proto of Howard in the mech suit I’ve been trying to get my hands on for years…I wouldn’t hesitate to take that deal. lol It’s like when a thread popped up not too long ago asking what constitutes a “grail”. I basically said the same thing. It’s all about what means the most to you.
I'm Julian. HowardTheFunatic on IG!
ISO: FREDDY FUNKO CAPTAIN AMERICA, FREDDY FUNKO STORMTROOPER, FAIRLY ODD PARENTS 3 PACK, CONTEST OF CHAMPIONS HOWARD THE DUCK PROTO, MAN-THING PROTO, BRUTUS THE BUCKEYE PROTO

LAX_Men4ever

Postby LAX_Men4ever » Sun Aug 06, 2023 2:52 pm

I prefer a low LE pop. Most people at fundays feared there wasn’t going to be enough protos at the event since the attendance was at 3200. Also there were fear of bitty, soda and not popular protos. The return affected pops were theorized that it will be the glow or blacklight version.

ComicsZombie

Postby ComicsZombie » Sun Aug 06, 2023 3:14 pm

It's tough to say. It would have to be the right proto to let something like a super low LE go. However, 250 is not that low (but in terms of how big the le sizes are now, it's fairly low)

Not that I can say much tho either, I've never really gotten a huge, in demand, low LE pop.
#BeastBoyShrine
ISO: >> \:D/ Any Beast Boy Proto (in White and color), & My Hero Academia Protos <<

IG: ComicsZombie
TW: @ComicsZombie
Tumblr: TheComicsZombie
YT: ComicsZombie

wengderful

Postby wengderful » Sun Aug 06, 2023 3:34 pm

It’s cool to own a few protos, but love having to display LE pops.
Fundays 2015:2016:2022:2023

cptsailor

Postby cptsailor » Sun Aug 06, 2023 3:38 pm

I'll go with Freddy over a prototype, unless the Freddy is an IP I do not care about... then I'd be willing to trade for a prototype.
Hi, I'm Dillon!

IG: cptsailor

Jade-Rex

Postby Jade-Rex » Sun Aug 06, 2023 3:53 pm

I'd rather have Freddy but the exception is a Bakugo prototype. That's my grail proto.
Pop count: 300+ (lost count lol)
Dream Pop: Fantasy Barbarian Bakugo
ISO: Bakugo Proto, Picklez and Chester holo cards
Lines I Miss: Wetmore Forest, Boo Hollow

Mr Yac

Postby Mr Yac » Sun Aug 06, 2023 3:53 pm

Freddy for me, I’ve never really bought into the prototype hype, I wouldn’t mind one or two of my favorite pops but overall I doubt their authenticity as they just seem to be little more than a normal pop dipped in some paint thinner and the fact that Funko never bothered with any kind of CoA always kind of bugged me.

scullysdad

Postby scullysdad » Sun Aug 06, 2023 4:57 pm

I have my grail proto (Halloween Max from Stranger Things) and that is the only proto I would choose over a limited Freddy. Actually, maybe there are two - the Fonzie proto would also be a grail for me.
Please Funko make Taylor Swift Pops!

Most wanted non-Taylor Pops: Carson Teva, Naru from Prey, The Last of Us TV show

tlaloc666

Postby tlaloc666 » Sun Aug 06, 2023 5:43 pm

I like them both protos and freddys, but i dont care how Limited are the freddys, the important thing is that is a character that i mainly collect.

The only protos that i have are the main characters that i collect.
Kyko here !!

Tik tok : @kyko_tj
Tijuana The Happiest Place on Earth !!

Funko events attended
Fundays 2015
Fundays 2016
Funko Fright Night
Fundays 2017
Premiere Making Fun
Fundays 2018
Fundays 2019
HQ Hollywood Opening 2019
ECCC VIrtual Con 2020
Summer Virtual Con 2020
Funkon 2021
Fundays 2021
Funko Fright Night 2 NYC 2022

TonyFunkoFreakHead

Postby TonyFunkoFreakHead » Sun Aug 06, 2023 5:44 pm

Protos all day.... One cannot grasp the power of the protoz until they own one after a funko event. I have a crunchberry and Oakland a's mascot which I don't care about baseball but still love, also I put them in there original box and buy that proto type sticker and slap that on the window and put them in hard stacks. Looked pretty nice.

mikechickenhead

Postby mikechickenhead » Sun Aug 06, 2023 5:52 pm

Freddy unless the proto is a forever home must have. Like my Ramones or grumpy cat
HEY HO! FUNKO!

ImageImage Image Image
Fundays. 3 FDO. 3

grumpysf23

Postby grumpysf23 » Sun Aug 06, 2023 6:23 pm

Low LE Pops > Protos for me. To each there own though right!?!

littlegoldie

Postby littlegoldie » Sun Aug 06, 2023 6:24 pm

Love a good Disney Funko proto if ya ask me.

desmoondo

Postby desmoondo » Sun Aug 06, 2023 7:13 pm

Low LE piece is better. Although prototype is interesting, I'd still like to see the figure in its proper form instead of the monotone colors

muscleheadfunkopop

Postby muscleheadfunkopop » Sun Aug 06, 2023 7:29 pm

Team Freddy for sure. Getting a proto is cool and all, but I'm more excited for what the Freddy may be. Plus seeing the low LE#s I was like :shock: :bow: :shock: :bow: :shock: :bow: :wwe12: :wwe12: :wwe12:
Last edited by muscleheadfunkopop on Sun Aug 06, 2023 10:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Funko Funatic Shoutouts! #9
Fundays 2014◇2015◇2016◇2017◇2018◇2019◇2021V◇2022◇2023
FDO6 SF◇FDO7 Sackanda & LA◇FDO8 SF◇FDO9 Sackanda
Fright Night◇HQ Grand Opening◇Making Fun Movie Premiere◇FunKon Hollywood◇Fright Night II

Instagram: @muscleheadfunkopop #SODAWasted
Facebook: Iz Salazar

squirkpoo

Postby squirkpoo » Sun Aug 06, 2023 7:44 pm

Mr Yac wrote:Freddy for me, I’ve never really bought into the prototype hype, I wouldn’t mind one or two of my favorite pops but overall I doubt their authenticity as they just seem to be little more than a normal pop dipped in some paint thinner and the fact that Funko never bothered with any kind of CoA always kind of bugged me.

I agree with you! I would have a hard time knowing if it's real if I got it from someone else, but it requires a lot of luck + effort to get a specific character you like from the protos given out like at Fundays.

Aesthetically, I prefer Freddys, too!
Collecting Since 2012
:pooh:
Hi, I'm Kim!
I'm either at Disneyland
or on Instagram: @squirkpoo
That's it. Ok, bye!

CaseyJones14
HOF 2022 & CotM & CotY
HOF 2022 & CotM & CotY

Postby CaseyJones14 » Sun Aug 06, 2023 8:20 pm

Freddy all day. I'm pretty picky with my protos and would much rather own a really cool Freddy than an unpainted Pop.
Brett - caseyj0nes14 on Instagram
ISO - Dorbz and McNugget Protos!

mongoose12

Postby mongoose12 » Sun Aug 06, 2023 8:29 pm

Freddy me and Freddy me often.

HobieWanKenobi
Hall of Fame Class of 2017
Hall of Fame Class of 2017

Postby HobieWanKenobi » Sun Aug 06, 2023 8:32 pm

The answer is yes.

Kob

Postby Kob » Sun Aug 06, 2023 8:58 pm

Initially I was thinking proto, but many good points made regarding that so I’ll go with low LE Freddy! Easier to display too.

kristineisjoy

Postby kristineisjoy » Sun Aug 06, 2023 9:10 pm

Going to have to go with protos since its literally a 1 of 1. nothing else like it.
LOVING MY FUNKOS!!!!

Gsanch28

Postby Gsanch28 » Sun Aug 06, 2023 11:27 pm

I think low count funkos are awesome but if I had a low count pop and someone had a Batman or simpsons proto. I would trade so fast lol. I think at some point it’s what is your actual collection and what fits it. :freddy3:
:freddy1: " I don't know anything with certainty, but seeing the stars makes me dream"

joshuadoescosplay

Postby joshuadoescosplay » Sun Aug 06, 2023 11:48 pm

Honestly depends on the proto. The main lines I love and collect aren’t the most popular and the protos for them are already out there. Was debating on buying the set of Twin Peaks protos but did the smart thing instead and finished paying off student loans.
ImageImage

Universal_ghost

Postby Universal_ghost » Mon Aug 07, 2023 12:18 am

It really comes down to what I would want. I love low LE counts but also I have certain genres I love. I'd prefer a goku or gohan proto over a low LE count piece I'm not a fan of.

bluesnote

Postby bluesnote » Mon Aug 07, 2023 2:18 am

Like most here, I'd rather just have a low freddy count pop. My lowest freddy pop number I think is 400 with my Quantum Freddy Flux I got in 2017. I'm a huge daft punk fan, and this was an awesome way to remember my first fundays. That said, I also got a proto of Kral from the newer Star Trek movies. I'm also a Star Trek fan. But if I had to choose, I would prefer a lower count pop than a proto. It's easier to determine the value, especially when trading. Protos are nearly impossible to determine the value of.

Toys R Us Kid

Postby Toys R Us Kid » Mon Aug 07, 2023 2:32 am

Freddy all day for me! But like some others have said, it’s all about what you collect and the pieces meaning for you.
Majority of what remains in my collection are Freddys from various events. So it appeals to me more than protos. Not that either is better or worse, just fits my collection better.
Jorge, here! Instagram: toys.r.us.kid
Fundays 2018, 2019, 2022, 2023 | "Making Fun" Hollywood Premier | Funko Hollywood Grand Opening
Fright Night II 2022 | Mask - O - Raid 2022 | FDO9 Sacramento | Funkon I & II

Ohlordypops

Postby Ohlordypops » Mon Aug 07, 2023 11:36 am

I would go with the Freddy unless it's a proto of a pop I really love. I have 2 protos from photo challenges (1 character I knew and the other I didn't), and they have the sentimental attachment for me, but Freddy would probably win out in my collection now.
Hi! It's Lauren
IG & Twitter: Ohlordypops
Follow me on Instagram: @ohlordypops

Valde
HOF 2022 & CotM
HOF 2022 & CotM

Postby Valde » Mon Aug 07, 2023 11:42 am

Never been a proto guy, I have some of properties I love and some cool ones that are very random. I like actual Pops over protos all day.
Grail: Super Freddy
Jason - va1de on Instagram
ImageImageImage

Fugly16

Postby Fugly16 » Mon Aug 07, 2023 11:46 am

Like most here from what I can tell, I'll usually pick Freddy over proto but really depends on which proto and which Freddy. For glow Anakin, I don't think I own any proto that I wouldn't trade for that one. But I don't own many protos to begin with.

I once chose an 18" Freddy Batman Retro Vinyl over a 6" dragonzord proto though.

Anthonybisi

Postby Anthonybisi » Mon Aug 07, 2023 11:53 am

Fnava87 wrote:Happy Sunday Funatics,

I wanted to pick your brains. We all know not a lot of protos were given away at fundays this year ,but I’ve noticed this thread on social Media funatics wanting to trade their nice personal protos for the Freddy glow as Anakin from Star Wars. My question is do you funatics prefer a nice Low LE count Freddy as a character from Marvel, Anime or Star Wars? Or rather have a Prototype?

Personally I Love Freddy’s more than prototypes, I am a sucker for Freddy’s as a Marvel Character. :freddy3:

I think it depends on the proto if it’s an OG proto like Ghost Rider, Dr. Doom, or Wolverine they can have my Freddy as Glow Anakin if I owned it lol

Wiselordship

Postby Wiselordship » Mon Aug 07, 2023 11:58 am

It would have to depend on the Fandom, but usually LE Freddy would probably win out. A good anime Proto would definitely get my attention though. lol. I think it comes down to if it is a fandom you like or sentimental value on which wins out in the end.

runtodere

Postby runtodere » Mon Aug 07, 2023 12:10 pm

I used to say I wasn't into protos, but once I collected a few, it's pretty addicting because they are so hard to find.

renardchua
Collector Of The Year
Collector Of The Year

Postby renardchua » Mon Aug 07, 2023 12:15 pm

Not really a prototype guy, so as for me its will always be Freddy > proto.
Hi, I’m Renard. :freddy3:
Instagram: @renardchua

beckysaurus
HoF 2018 & CotM
HoF 2018 & CotM

Postby beckysaurus » Mon Aug 07, 2023 4:21 pm

It depends entirely upon whether a person is interested in protos. Most Funko collectors are not. I have a large collection of them but only for pieces and lines I like, or those that were gifted to me or have sentimental places in my collection. But also why should I choose? Lol I’ll take both.
San Diego funatic

Dbactor

Postby Dbactor » Mon Aug 07, 2023 4:57 pm

Basically what others have said. I prefer a low LE Freddy, but if it’s a proto of a character i love vs a freddy thats nice, i may go with the proto.

Geescube
HoF 2016 & CotM
HoF 2016 & CotM

Postby Geescube » Tue Aug 08, 2023 1:00 am

A very good question and a very tough answer.

I prefer prototypes definitely but wouldnt take one for my freddies ever though.

lol

Universalman

Postby Universalman » Tue Aug 08, 2023 1:42 am

Fnava87 wrote:Happy Sunday Funatics,

Were there protos at Fundays? I heard they did not give out protos like they have in years past. I'd trade anything for an LE Star Wars Pop! Otherwise, it just depends...

Bam808

Postby Bam808 » Tue Aug 08, 2023 2:41 am

I have never been to Fundays but I have won protos via social media contest from funko and auctions via the proto page on facebook. As far as low count Funkos there are only a few id try to trade for and most of those being Star wars. When showing my collection to family and friends who don't collect they seem to be more fascinated with my three protos then the count on various boxes. There are definetely a few Star Wars Funko Pops id trade a proto for to answer the question though.

rexflexall

Postby rexflexall » Tue Aug 08, 2023 10:38 am

Overall I think I would like lower number LE pops!

Return to “Pop!”