Low LE Freddy Pop Or Funko Proto Pop

We're not talking about soda, folks. This forum is dedicated to Funko's stylish Pop! series of vinyl figures, with or without springs.
Forum rules
This section is for general Pop discussion, not showing off your recent acquisitions. Please use the Dance Hall for collection addition pictures.

Please post Funko subscription box and item discussions in the Powered By Funko section.
mrodr110

Re: Low LE Freddy Pop Or Funko Proto Pop

Postby mrodr110 » Mon Aug 14, 2023 1:15 pm

I would only want a proto of something that I actually love, a pop that would mean a bunch. I would still prefer a very limited pop though first. I have gotten a few protos and have only kept two and traded away the rest.

Arcadefunko

Postby Arcadefunko » Mon Aug 14, 2023 6:28 pm

Fnava87 wrote:Happy Sunday Funatics,

I wanted to pick your brains. We all know not a lot of protos were given away at fundays this year ,but I’ve noticed this thread on social Media funatics wanting to trade their nice personal protos for the Freddy glow as Anakin from Star Wars. My question is do you funatics prefer a nice Low LE count Freddy as a character from Marvel, Anime or Star Wars? Or rather have a Prototype?

Personally I Love Freddy’s more than prototypes, I am a sucker for Freddy’s as a Marvel Character. :freddy3:

What’s your Take? :freddy2:

I def prefer low le freddys.
IG: @arcadefunko

Reverend
HoF 2013 & CotY
HoF 2013 & CotY

Postby Reverend » Mon Aug 14, 2023 8:32 pm

HobieWanKenobi wrote:The answer is yes.

#MBN :rolleyes:
ISO Pop Spastik Tiki protos, ALL OF THEM!

REAL MEN DON'T KEEP SCORE!

SELL OUTS NEED TO RESTOCK SO THEY CAN SELL OUT AGAIN! :mir1:

Pot meet KETTLE

Brian@Funko wrote:GO boxless..it is more fun!

My mom named me Jacob/Unfortunately that's not all I get called
Haters going to hate so let the cry babies cry!

Justsonice25

Postby Justsonice25 » Mon Aug 14, 2023 8:36 pm

I'm curious on who has a collection of the most proto's?

Anhtrung05

Postby Anhtrung05 » Mon Aug 14, 2023 8:40 pm

rexflexall wrote:
Stat32111 wrote:I would choose rare Freddie’s over protos. There’s very few protos I would shell out high dollars for

Bring back the 1 of 24 rare Freddies!

1 of 24 GITD, Metallic, Black Light, Diamond Freddy as Olaf. :D!

plumb102

Postby plumb102 » Tue Aug 15, 2023 9:56 am

It would have to be a proto I'm already a fan of... other than that I would most likely trade for a super limited Freddy-

So I guess the answer is Freddy? :-k :-k
SDCC 1996-current - Wondercon 2012-current - LACC 2021-current - ECCC '22 - Niagara Falls Con '22 - Designer Con '23
FunKon Hollywood '21 - Pasadena Con 2023-current - FunKon 2 HQ '22 - WonderCon Beach Bash '22 - Funkoville SDCC '22 & '23 -
WonderCon Fun House '23 - Back to the Beginning: Bob's Big Boy Meetup '24 - Comic-Con Revolution '24

Chingy

Postby Chingy » Tue Aug 15, 2023 10:05 am

Not sure how I missed this thread when it was first created, but I've always preferred protos. I love them. BUT! It would also depend on how low the LE. LE24? Yeah I'll take that ALLLLL day. LE850? Give me the proto.

rexflexall

Postby rexflexall » Tue Aug 15, 2023 10:28 am

Anhtrung05 wrote:
rexflexall wrote:
Stat32111 wrote:I would choose rare Freddie’s over protos. There’s very few protos I would shell out high dollars for

Bring back the 1 of 24 rare Freddies!

1 of 24 GITD, Metallic, Black Light, Diamond Freddy as Olaf. :D!

Nice one, rarest of the rare OLAF LOL!

ocwankenobi

Postby ocwankenobi » Tue Aug 15, 2023 10:38 am

There was nothing like bringing home what you feel like is a 1 of 1 item as a momento of Fundays. Actively seeking protos probably not. But taking home what you felt like was a personal gift from Fundays to remember that year felt so good. That was the main sadness of not getting on this year. For a lot of us it had nothing to do with cost. It was 2018 was my George Jefferson year. 2022 was my Rescue year.
(Signature powered by VALOR Industries 4.0)

Chickyx2

Postby Chickyx2 » Wed Aug 16, 2023 7:32 pm

I wanted to pick your brains. We all know not a lot of protos were given away at fundays this year ,but I’ve noticed this thread on social Media funatics wanting to trade their nice personal protos for the Freddy glow as Anakin from Star Wars. My question is do you funatics prefer a nice Low LE count Freddy as a character from Marvel, Anime or Star Wars? Or rather have a Prototype?

Personally I Love Freddy’s more than prototypes, I am a sucker for Freddy’s as a Marvel Character. :freddy3:

I was actually ok with not getting a proto. I was able to get Blue Beetle, Pinocchio and Waldo. My table also won the Metallic SpongeBob. My son entered the autograph signing lottery for Tom Kenny and won. So it was a double win for us. Tom Kenny is such a nice guy.
SDCC 2013 TO PRESENT
FRIGHT NIGHT 1 SAN DIEGO
FUNDAYS 2015,2017,2018,2023
HOLLYWOOD GRAND OPENING :freddy3:

Prime_Pops

Postby Prime_Pops » Fri Aug 18, 2023 3:37 am

I've never had a proto and my lowest number is the joker 2-pack but it depends on my attachment. I probably would just keep the proto unless it was a LE one I really wanted like a low Marvel Freddy. If I ever get a proto I guess I'll find out what I'll do.
More Spidey Pops? Yes please! :spiderman:

Ginzo1622

Postby Ginzo1622 » Fri Aug 18, 2023 6:48 am

Prime_Pops wrote:I've never had a proto and my lowest number is the joker 2-pack but it depends on my attachment. I probably would just keep the proto unless it was a LE one I really wanted like a low Marvel Freddy. If I ever get a proto I guess I'll find out what I'll do.

You can always buy a proto in some retailer. It's nice to have a proto though especially if it's free
Fundays 2022 - Proto Robots
Fright Night 2022
Fundays 2023 - Protomoa Wolves

Don't stand in my way!!!

:whdat:

rexflexall

Postby rexflexall » Fri Aug 18, 2023 12:07 pm

Chingy wrote:Not sure how I missed this thread when it was first created, but I've always preferred protos. I love them. BUT! It would also depend on how low the LE. LE24? Yeah I'll take that ALLLLL day. LE850? Give me the proto.

Bring back the LE 24!!!!!

McMikins

Postby McMikins » Fri Aug 18, 2023 12:12 pm

HobieWanKenobi wrote:The answer is yes.

I’m pretty sure that this is the correct answer. Lol I think that either way I am happy that I get something rare regardless of it being a proto or LE Freddy pop. If I had to choose which one then it would come down to which fandoms I collect at the time.

DougieFresh_83

Postby DougieFresh_83 » Fri Aug 18, 2023 12:41 pm

Both. Both are good.

Wheresmyfunkopop

Postby Wheresmyfunkopop » Fri Aug 18, 2023 1:27 pm

ocwankenobi wrote:There was nothing like bringing home what you feel like is a 1 of 1 item as a momento of Fundays. Actively seeking protos probably not. But taking home what you felt like was a personal gift from Fundays to remember that year felt so good. That was the main sadness of not getting on this year. For a lot of us it had nothing to do with cost. It was 2018 was my George Jefferson year. 2022 was my Rescue year.

Agreed. This was my first year at Fundays so I was a little bummed that I did not get a proto. But I did get that awesome chicken sandwich! lol

Jdrose_4

Postby Jdrose_4 » Fri Aug 18, 2023 1:36 pm

Prime_Pops wrote:I've never had a proto and my lowest number is the joker 2-pack but it depends on my attachment. I probably would just keep the proto unless it was a LE one I really wanted like a low Marvel Freddy. If I ever get a proto I guess I'll find out what I'll do.

yeah, I’m in the same boat with you as well with the two-pack and if I get my first Freddy prototype, it will be something I will have to figure out what I’m gonna do if I want to have a Rebok store if I’m going to just have it out in the wild.

Jdrose_4

Postby Jdrose_4 » Fri Aug 18, 2023 1:44 pm

ocwankenobi wrote:There was nothing like bringing home what you feel like is a 1 of 1 item as a momento of Fundays. Actively seeking protos probably not. But taking home what you felt like was a personal gift from Fundays to remember that year felt so good. That was the main sadness of not getting on this year. For a lot of us it had nothing to do with cost. It was 2018 was my George Jefferson year. 2022 was my Rescue year.

Yeah, even though everything we got this year felt humble since they were free, we paid for a ticket; it didn’t really matter about the cost of a ticket, as you said, but this is my first funday, and I look forward to many more and hoping to get a protos.

cue-toys

Postby cue-toys » Fri Aug 18, 2023 3:45 pm

Based on this thread I would prefer low LE Freddy to trade towards a proto I want lol
Hi it’s Jerico!
Collecting since 2012
IG: cue.toys

Funko Events: 2018 & 2019 Fundays, Making Fun Hollywood Premiere, Funko Hollywood Grand Opening, FunKon Hollywood.

ISO: DBZ PROTOS

Fnava87

Postby Fnava87 » Fri Aug 18, 2023 8:44 pm

Jdrose_4 wrote:

Yeah, even though everything we got this year felt humble since they were free, we paid for a ticket; it didn’t really matter about the cost of a ticket, as you said, but this is my first funday, and I look forward to many more and hoping to get a protos.

For sure!!! It was a movie and can’t wait for next year :bounce:

Ragnar_7

Postby Ragnar_7 » Sat Aug 19, 2023 5:28 pm

I have yet to get/buy my first proto so I suppose my default answer would be Freddy's

Fnava87

Postby Fnava87 » Sat Aug 19, 2023 6:44 pm

Ragnar_7 wrote:I have yet to get/buy my first proto so I suppose my default answer would be Freddy's

Yeah I don’t have a lot of them and to be honest I am not in that phase of my collection life haha, I mean don’t get me wrong I would never say no to a proto win at a funko event :roflmao: but yeah I agree with you love the Freddy’s more as well. You will get a proto soon prob get Lucky at a funko event or something like that. I got my first proto at the very first Funkon in LA :freddy2:

Hermes

Postby Hermes » Sun Aug 20, 2023 8:58 pm

I have never been fortunate enough to get through queues for a funko event, and I started collected limited pieces via NFT..so, I would default to LE Freddy vs. Proto…but I would like to own one at some point.

DrunkoPop

Postby DrunkoPop » Sun Aug 20, 2023 9:15 pm

This is a tough one. I can’t even answer this and I avidly collect LE Freddy & Protos. :thumbright: :thumbleft:
Image Image
ImageImage

Fnava87

Postby Fnava87 » Tue Aug 22, 2023 5:25 pm

DrunkoPop wrote:This is a tough one. I can’t even answer this and I avidly collect LE Freddy & Protos. :thumbright: :thumbleft:

Yes, not an easy question to answer for sure :roflmao:

Funkolotz1622

Postby Funkolotz1622 » Tue Aug 22, 2023 6:24 pm

Fnava87 wrote:
DrunkoPop wrote:This is a tough one. I can’t even answer this and I avidly collect LE Freddy & Protos. :thumbright: :thumbleft:

Damn that's an expensive collection
Fundays 2022 - Black Light Proto Robos
Fright Night 2022

Fnava87

Postby Fnava87 » Sat Aug 26, 2023 12:27 pm

Funkolotz1622 wrote:
Fnava87 wrote:

:roflmao: For sure haha

Funkolotz1622

Postby Funkolotz1622 » Sat Aug 26, 2023 5:19 pm

Fnava87 wrote:
Funkolotz1622 wrote:
Fnava87 wrote:

:roflmao: For sure haha

Do you consider it investment?
Fright Night 2022

Z_PopCollector

Postby Z_PopCollector » Sat Aug 26, 2023 8:12 pm

Chingy wrote:Not sure how I missed this thread when it was first created, but I've always preferred protos. I love them. BUT! It would also depend on how low the LE. LE24? Yeah I'll take that ALLLLL day. LE850? Give me the proto.

I couldn’t agree more with this! To me I hardly get the chance at going to these events, first one was fright night and the feeling of finally being able to get a proto after seeing so many YouTube videos of other Funatics being there, it was such an amazing experience, didn’t really pull the best proto but I still cherish it til this day, was hoping for protos at fundays since was able to go but still had lots of fun and enjoyed the prizes given out … but anyways it’s protos for me! lol
Hi, I’m Matt Zepeda aka (@z_popcollector IG)
Huge Power Ranger fan

:freddy2:

Brianbiz

Postby Brianbiz » Sat Aug 26, 2023 11:02 pm

I mean I’m not picky lol but if I had to choose one it would be a proto.

ddiggler421

Postby ddiggler421 » Sat Aug 26, 2023 11:26 pm

Prefer the low limit ones myself only have a few really low ones though one including a Freddy as golden Bender

funko_gtx91

Postby funko_gtx91 » Sun Aug 27, 2023 2:12 am

It really depends on the proto but you can’t go wrong with a low count pop

DrunkoPop

Postby DrunkoPop » Mon Aug 28, 2023 12:37 pm

Funkolotz1622 wrote:
Fnava87 wrote:

That’s for sure. :mir1:
Image Image
ImageImage

keyese

Postby keyese » Mon Aug 28, 2023 1:04 pm

I prefer protos just because there are so few other ways to get them (contests, some sales on 3rd party sites, etc). But also it is more difficult to find protos for things that I actually collect so I have several of series I don't even know about. But it still feels more special to get a proto overall.
AKA ElizabethKeyes on Twitch or keyese on Discord :freddy2:
ISO Mystery Minis!
Lord of the Rings: Eowyn (HT) and Lurtz (HT)
Avengers Endgame: 1/72 Hulk, 1/72 Hawkeye, 1/24 Black Widow (all Walmart exclusives)

Dave17251

Postby Dave17251 » Mon Aug 28, 2023 1:39 pm

Low LE. I love me a good proto but something about having something so limited is really cool. I know protos are also very rare but the lack of paint is killer for me.

funkopants777

Postby funkopants777 » Mon Aug 28, 2023 4:00 pm

hmm :-k

i love both but i think its the protos for me ! :devil:
i love the novelty of it and the amazing stories/memories
ImageImageImage

Bam808

Postby Bam808 » Mon Aug 28, 2023 4:21 pm

Id gladly trade a proto for an exclusive Star Wars Funko Pop.

Funkolotz1622

Postby Funkolotz1622 » Mon Aug 28, 2023 5:46 pm

Bam808 wrote:Id gladly trade a proto for an exclusive Star Wars Funko Pop.

unfortunately there is no proto in fundays this year. to be precise not everyone got one
Fright Night 2022

Bam808

Postby Bam808 » Mon Aug 28, 2023 5:58 pm

Funkolotz1622 wrote:
Bam808 wrote:Id gladly trade a proto for an exclusive Star Wars Funko Pop.

unfortunately there is no proto in fundays this year. to be precise not everyone got one

I meant the three protos I currently have. id trade for a LE Star Wars funko.

waltstikiland

Postby waltstikiland » Mon Aug 28, 2023 6:26 pm

Definitely a low LE Freddy.
There are so many great one to be saving up for that protos just don't seem worth it.

I think protos are awesome, but they are just out of my price range and I would rather have a bunch of incredibly molded POPS than just one proto.
Started collecting Funko back in 2012!

I am a huge Star Wars fan as well as all things Mid-Century! :mickey2:
I love to go to Tiki Bars and all of Tiki Culture

Love all things Freddy and love to learn more about Funko history!

NYCC 2015-2022
Star Wars Celebration 2022-23

Return to “Pop!”