Funday Proto Predictions

We're not talking about soda, folks. This forum is dedicated to Funko's stylish Pop! series of vinyl figures, with or without springs.
Forum rules
This section is for general Pop discussion, not showing off your recent acquisitions. Please use the Dance Hall for collection addition pictures.

Please post Funko subscription box and item discussions in the Powered By Funko section.
thebigdog14

Re: Funday Proto Predictions

Postby thebigdog14 » Wed Dec 06, 2023 11:23 pm

Wiselordship wrote:Thinking of what they would do with Proto the dog going forward. I think they'll do sodas for next NYCC/Fright Night, so I think it will be Pops or maybe mini buddy with Freddy for SDCC/Fundays. So what cosplay do you think they will have him as or would they do a generic outfit like the vampire Proto?

I'd like to see Proto as Scooby Doo or Courage the Cowardly Dog, and flocked would be amazing.

I really Like Proto. I wanna see more of him. Him as Scooby or Courage would be great! Could see him being a super hero too.
SDCC 2014-2019, 2022, 2023
SWC 2019
Funko Fundays 2019, 2022, 2023

Wiselordship

Postby Wiselordship » Thu Dec 07, 2023 8:56 am

thebigdog14 wrote:
Wiselordship wrote:Thinking of what they would do with Proto the dog going forward. I think they'll do sodas for next NYCC/Fright Night, so I think it will be Pops or maybe mini buddy with Freddy for SDCC/Fundays. So what cosplay do you think they will have him as or would they do a generic outfit like the vampire Proto?

I'd like to see Proto as Scooby Doo or Courage the Cowardly Dog, and flocked would be amazing.

I really Like Proto. I wanna see more of him. Him as Scooby or Courage would be great! Could see him being a super hero too.

That would be cool. Little Proto as Superdog or just a generic super hero like Freddy Rewind chase. Or even like the Make-A-Wish Freddy. Could see that.

scullysdad

Postby scullysdad » Thu Dec 07, 2023 3:38 pm

Funko posted this on social media, and I thought it was perfect for this thread:

Please Funko make Taylor Swift Pops!

Most wanted non-Taylor Pops: Carson Teva, Naru from Prey, The Last of Us TV show

zonkttc

Postby zonkttc » Thu Dec 07, 2023 8:18 pm

scullysdad wrote:Funko posted this on social media, and I thought it was perfect for this thread:

:freddy2: it looks perfect

Ohlordypops

Postby Ohlordypops » Fri Dec 08, 2023 6:28 am

scullysdad wrote:Funko posted this on social media, and I thought it was perfect for this thread:

I definitely laughed when I saw this!
Hi! It's Lauren
IG & Twitter: Ohlordypops
Follow me on Instagram: @ohlordypops

Ginzo1622

Postby Ginzo1622 » Fri Dec 08, 2023 6:40 am

Ohlordypops wrote:

What's so funny about it?
Fundays 2022 - Proto Robots
Fright Night 2022
Fundays 2023 - Protomoa Wolves

Don't stand in my way!!!

:whdat:

scullysdad

Postby scullysdad » Fri Dec 08, 2023 9:00 am

Ginzo1622 wrote:
Spoiler: show
Ohlordypops wrote:

Time Magazine just declared Taylor Swift person of the year and one of the pictures they put out is Taylor with her cat Meredith around her shoulders. So this is a direct reference to that.

It's also the second time Funko has made Taylor related art, because they did a Freddy version of the cover of her album Midnights, too.

Most wanted non-Taylor Pops: Carson Teva, Naru from Prey, The Last of Us TV show

Wiselordship

Postby Wiselordship » Fri Dec 08, 2023 10:28 am

scullysdad wrote:
Ginzo1622 wrote:
Spoiler: show
Ohlordypops wrote:

Time Magazine just declared Taylor Swift person of the year and one of the pictures they put out is Taylor with her cat Meredith around her shoulders. So this is a direct reference to that.

It's also the second time Funko has made Taylor related art, because they did a Freddy version of the cover of her album Midnights, too.

This. Seems like they have a Swifty working there for sure. And it is such a good reference with cute Proto.

Ohlordypops

Postby Ohlordypops » Fri Dec 08, 2023 3:16 pm

Ginzo1622 wrote:
Ohlordypops wrote:

It's funny because it's a take on Taylor and her cat on the cover of Time. I thought it was cute.
Hi! It's Lauren

Wiselordship

Postby Wiselordship » Fri Dec 08, 2023 3:43 pm

More I look at this. I wouldn't mind this as a Pop. Would be a fun one to make.

zonkttc

Postby zonkttc » Fri Dec 08, 2023 7:47 pm

Wiselordship wrote:

Yes with the album size background. Itd b perfect

Wiselordship

Postby Wiselordship » Fri Dec 08, 2023 10:46 pm

zonkttc wrote:
Wiselordship wrote:

Yes with the album size background. Itd b perfect

Oh heck yea. I would buy it in a heartbeat. Not sure where it would go. But it will be bought. Lol

thebigdog14

Postby thebigdog14 » Tue Dec 12, 2023 4:44 pm

I like a Scooby or Courage Proto the dog. I could see Astro from the Jetsons. or Krypto the Super Dog. Ace the Bathound. Dyno Mutt. DIY Proto. There are some options.
SDCC 2014-2019, 2022, 2023
SWC 2019
Funko Fundays 2019, 2022, 2023

Funkolotz1622

Postby Funkolotz1622 » Tue Dec 12, 2023 5:15 pm

Maybe we will have a skelly proto since the funatic party in PH got one as a pin.
Fundays 2022 - Black Light Proto Robos
Fright Night 2022
Fundays 2023 - Protomoa Wolves

Wiselordship

Postby Wiselordship » Tue Dec 12, 2023 8:05 pm

Funkolotz1622 wrote:Maybe we will have a skelly proto since the funatic party in PH got one as a pin.

Oh did they? Another pin I need to track down and get. Would be cool, could see that for NYCC/Fright Night.

Wiselordship

Postby Wiselordship » Tue Dec 12, 2023 8:06 pm

thebigdog14 wrote:

I like a Scooby or Courage Proto the dog. I could see Astro from the Jetsons. or Krypto the Super Dog. Ace the Bathound. Dyno Mutt. DIY Proto. There are some options.

I could see those. The DIY i could see as a common release. Surprised it didn't already come out.

Anhtrung05

Postby Anhtrung05 » Tue Dec 12, 2023 8:15 pm

I like Proto, it is a good name for a puppy. I would add Proto to my collection if they came out with pops for it. I just hope they don’t make the doggo look weird like the social media post. Lol, Proto looks a bit too long there.

Ohlordypops

Postby Ohlordypops » Wed Dec 13, 2023 5:30 am

Anhtrung05 wrote:I like Proto, it is a good name for a puppy. I would add Proto to my collection if they came out with pops for it. I just hope they don’t make the doggo look weird like the social media post. Lol, Proto looks a bit too long there.

They had the one pop of Proto from SDCC (the one holding the blockbuster video), and they have the pop buddy one with the new bedtime Freddy. They are some cute pops!
Hi! It's Lauren

rexflexall

Postby rexflexall » Wed Dec 13, 2023 10:31 am

Proto looks like a good doggie LOL!

scullysdad

Postby scullysdad » Wed Dec 13, 2023 1:21 pm

Ohlordypops wrote:
Anhtrung05 wrote:I like Proto, it is a good name for a puppy. I would add Proto to my collection if they came out with pops for it. I just hope they don’t make the doggo look weird like the social media post. Lol, Proto looks a bit too long there.

They had the one pop of Proto from SDCC (the one holding the blockbuster video), and they have the pop buddy one with the new bedtime Freddy. They are some cute pops!

I have both of those and they are two of my favorite Pops of the year. I am trying to stay Proto Pop complete (not the Sodas or Rewinds, even though I love those too) - at least until the day they drop a 250 piece one I can't afford :-({|=

Anhtrung05

Postby Anhtrung05 » Thu Dec 14, 2023 2:34 pm

scullysdad wrote:
Ohlordypops wrote:

I have both of those and they are two of my favorite Pops of the year. I am trying to stay Proto Pop complete (not the Sodas or Rewinds, even though I love those too) - at least until the day they drop a 250 piece one I can't afford :-({|=

I am Proto POP complete too!! But I want more for some reason. I need a small gang of them

sxrgio115

Postby sxrgio115 » Mon Mar 04, 2024 1:26 am

All the people want a different pet, but I’ll take whatever as long as it’s flocked lol
- Bleach Proto Collector
- Funko Events on Top!
- Anime Fanatic
Wondercon 2023, SDCC 2023, Fright Night 2022, Killer Klowns!!

dr-FOMO

Postby dr-FOMO » Mon Mar 04, 2024 2:32 am

Love that! If they made it into a magazine, I'd buy it and frame it lol
IG: Dr.FOMO
FO·MO
/ˈfōmō/
noun

anxiety that an exciting or interesting event may currently be happening elsewhere, often aroused by posts seen on social media.

:freddy3:
NYCC2022
NYCC2021
NYCC2019
NYCC2018
NYCC2015

dr-FOMO

Postby dr-FOMO » Mon Mar 04, 2024 2:34 am

Not 100% guaranteed but a female Freddy may be in the works? Or already is?! We could be seeing some variants of her at FunDays
IG: Dr.FOMO
FO·MO
/ˈfōmō/
noun

anxiety that an exciting or interesting event may currently be happening elsewhere, often aroused by posts seen on social media.

:freddy3:
NYCC2022
NYCC2021
NYCC2019
NYCC2018
NYCC2015

PickyFunkos

Postby PickyFunkos » Mon Mar 04, 2024 2:39 am

I love the Proto movement. The addition of Proto and the "GF", a lot could come with these.

RedRoo

Postby RedRoo » Mon Mar 04, 2024 4:29 am

Proto as Courage the cowardly dog would be a big pick for me
~Guy
TEAM BACON!
"With blood and rage of crimson red,

Ripped from a corpse so freshly dead,

Together with our hellish hate,

We'll burn you all--that is your fate!"

ImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImage

Trujitsu Ninja

Postby Trujitsu Ninja » Mon Mar 04, 2024 7:33 am

I would like to see proto as Batman. \:D/
:smt027 Trujitsu Ninja
Current collection count 540 updated 06/08/22
Interest pops Anime MHA and Naruto. Movie pops Pennywise, Killer Clowns and Warriors.

FunkoPDX

Postby FunkoPDX » Tue Mar 05, 2024 8:01 pm

RedRoo wrote:Proto as Courage the cowardly dog would be a big pick for me

I want to second this. I think that would be awesome.

I wouldn't be opposed to a Freddy Shaggy and Proto Scooby two pack.
A new twist.
Cheers Funko Fam!

DaturaDynamo

Postby DaturaDynamo » Thu Mar 07, 2024 11:34 pm

A proto Scooby would be dope :colors:
ImageImage
Just gotta love the old funko rock pops, what can I say? I'm a pretty silly dude :clown:

IG: DaturaDynamo

Greek187

Postby Greek187 » Fri Mar 08, 2024 2:41 am

Indiana Jones Proto .
Funko POP collector since 2015
Wife and Husband hobby for both of us
Couples funatics!
EVENTS
Sdcc 2023 :freddy3: Image
WENT TO -.Hollywood grand opening ,Wondercon 23 , FUNKON 1 2021 opening day,,

Richard822

Postby Richard822 » Fri Mar 08, 2024 4:27 am

They can do anything with proto but I’m hoping for blacklight or him as famous dogs

funkomarv96

Postby funkomarv96 » Fri Mar 08, 2024 5:45 am

I won’t be surprised if they have a proto of the new product they just released. And obviously there’s going to be a bunch of anime protos. Maybe a luffy wanted poster proto

Sthesuperstar

Postby Sthesuperstar » Fri Mar 08, 2024 8:32 am

A proto as Quaildog and a freddy as Quailman from Doug would be a cute
Follow Me On Instagram @sthesuperstar
ISO SIMPSONS POPS & PROTOS
Member Of Funko Fiends Midwest as of November 2019 :freddy1:

hpellot

Postby hpellot » Fri Mar 08, 2024 9:15 am

Richard822 wrote:They can do anything with proto but I’m hoping for blacklight or him as famous dogs

I like this idea thanks for sharing
ImageImageImage

Some people call me the orange hoodie

ISO funko Force creature from black lagoon chase Glow in the dark

Fnava87

Postby Fnava87 » Sun Mar 10, 2024 5:39 am

Sthesuperstar wrote:A proto as Quaildog and a freddy as Quailman from Doug would be a cute

A 2 pack be nice for sure

Funko Ronin

Postby Funko Ronin » Sun Mar 10, 2024 1:32 pm

sxrgio115 wrote:All the people want a different pet, but I’ll take whatever as long as it’s flocked lol

Very true.

Tusken

Postby Tusken » Mon Mar 11, 2024 11:12 am

Greek187 wrote:

Indiana Jones Proto .

That would be awesome and in gold? :freddy3:
Hi I'm Tusken.
Top Fan Badge of Funko, Funko Europe, Funko (Hollywood), Funko Games, Funko Blitz
Funko Winner of Danger Mouse 2021 - Twitter
Image Image Image Image

Fnava87

Postby Fnava87 » Mon Mar 11, 2024 12:40 pm

It be awesome to see a 2 pack of Freddy as the anime show chainsaw man with Proto as the pup as the little chainsaw pup

:freddy2:

Biscuithead Jen

Postby Biscuithead Jen » Mon Mar 11, 2024 3:13 pm

DaturaDynamo wrote:

A proto Scooby would be dope :colors:

Agreed I would go crazy for a Scooby proto!

sxrgio115

Postby sxrgio115 » Mon Mar 25, 2024 4:05 pm

Funko Ronin wrote:
sxrgio115 wrote:All the people want a different pet, but I’ll take whatever as long as it’s flocked lol

Very true.

Right I feel like we haven’t seen enough flocked mascots and it’ll be a meaningful breath of fresh air!
- Bleach Proto Collector
- Funko Events on Top!
- Anime Fanatic
Wondercon 2023, SDCC 2023, Fright Night 2022, Killer Klowns!!

Return to “Pop!”