Personalized Funko Autographs

We're not talking about soda, folks. This forum is dedicated to Funko's stylish Pop! series of vinyl figures, with or without springs.
Forum rules
This section is for general Pop discussion, not showing off your recent acquisitions. Please use the Dance Hall for collection addition pictures.

Please post Funko subscription box and item discussions in the Powered By Funko section.
Glowman_Greco

Personalized Funko Autographs

Postby Glowman_Greco » Sun Dec 24, 2023 6:15 am

Greetings From Greece
I’m Anastasis a.k.a Glowman_Greco
ADMIN Of Funko Funatics Greece

I Want To Share With You My Experience Of My First Personalized Autograph From My Favorite Horror Movie
The Shinning

All Started When I Decided To Send My Favorite
Grady Twins 2 Pack (Chase)

To Get An Autograph
From Louis & Lisa Burns

I Messsaged Them Through Instagram & They Responded.

So I Decided To Flatten The Box
And Prepare It For Shipping
To Their Upcoming Signing Event In Manchester.

It Was My First Time Sending A Funko For Signing
So I Wanted To Ensure I Did It Right
And My Requests Were Clear.

:cheers:
And Here We Go

I Was So Excited & Satisfied With The Result
So I Messaged Them Back To Thank Them

Do You Like My Final Display ?

I Hope You Enjoyed The Behind Story
Of My First Personalized AUTO
Have You Ever Thought To Personalize An Autograuph
By Asking To Write Your Name On It?
Feel Free To Share Your Storytime & Your AUTOs
:freddy4:
Last edited by Glowman_Greco on Wed Jan 10, 2024 6:57 pm, edited 2 times in total.

scullysdad

Re: Personalized Funko Autographs

Postby scullysdad » Sun Dec 24, 2023 10:50 am

Very nice! I regret not picking up one of these sets when I could have. Great pen choice, too.
Please Funko make Taylor Swift Pops!

Most wanted non-Taylor Pops: Carson Teva, Naru from Prey, The Last of Us TV show

zonkttc

Postby zonkttc » Sun Dec 24, 2023 11:38 am

Love how you display the pops. They look amazing

lazcommalisa
Rookie Of The year
Rookie Of The year

Postby lazcommalisa » Sun Dec 24, 2023 12:35 pm

That's amazing! Congrats on getting that 2 pack signed and making it bigger grail for your collection.

Wiselordship

Postby Wiselordship » Sun Dec 24, 2023 3:35 pm

Thst looks amazing. Very good story and congrats. I have a couple personalized, either cause I loved the character or really enjoyed the voice actor.

Greymom

Postby Greymom » Sun Dec 24, 2023 7:01 pm

Congrats on the autographs! I have a few Pops that I've had personalized. They're mostly from Doctor Who.

Jalapenopete

Postby Jalapenopete » Sun Dec 24, 2023 7:08 pm

Great story, they got great autographs, yes great choice with the red
:freddy3:

Funnybob

Postby Funnybob » Sun Dec 24, 2023 11:59 pm

the upside down red puffy paint pen is an excellent touch!

zonkttc

Postby zonkttc » Mon Dec 25, 2023 7:48 am

What i love most is the conversation. You can tell they love doing this as much as you do.

Elewitt2022

Postby Elewitt2022 » Wed Dec 27, 2023 12:34 pm

I started getting autographs a couple of years ago, and I always ask for my name if that is an option. I figure the value is personal, my experience in meeting the celebrity, and not about resale.

Although, I have to say, when I was entering my collection into the HobbyDb app, I was amazed at some of the price tags for autographs. It did make me pause and consider not personalizing some of the more rare signing opportunities.

It's really a big question for me - to personalize or not?

I guess I will continue exploring this question. Maybe those celebrities I feel more connection with I will have personalized, versus those that are less so.
Instagram: @suplexrd

Elviax

Postby Elviax » Wed Dec 27, 2023 1:08 pm

Amazing piece, congratz!!
Anime/Pokemon Collector

zonkttc

Postby zonkttc » Wed Dec 27, 2023 7:34 pm

Elewitt2022 wrote:I started getting autographs a couple of years ago, and I always ask for my name if that is an option. I figure the value is personal, my experience in meeting the celebrity, and not about resale.

Although, I have to say, when I was entering my collection into the HobbyDb app, I was amazed at some of the price tags for autographs. It did make me pause and consider not personalizing some of the more rare signing opportunities.

I guess I will continue exploring this question. Maybe those celebrities I feel more connection with I will have personalized, versus those that are less so.

:freddy1: to me id look into urself as to the why and where u see your collection will go. :bounce: :compress:

Elewitt2022

Postby Elewitt2022 » Thu Dec 28, 2023 11:52 am

zonkttc wrote:
Elewitt2022 wrote:I started getting autographs a couple of years ago, and I always ask for my name if that is an option. I figure the value is personal, my experience in meeting the celebrity, and not about resale.

:freddy1: to me id look into urself as to the why and where u see your collection will go. :bounce: :compress:

More good questions..... lol lol

I can't imagine ever selling the entire collection, but as I have been cataloging what I have, I could see getting rid of some things I am not sure why I every purchased.

I think I will hold onto the autographed items the longest, which is where my passion for collecting has evolved to be.

I would also think I would keep the complete lines I started building in the beginning, since they were the ones that got me started!!

Thanks for the response and the interesting thoughts!

:bounce: :bounce:
Instagram: @suplexrd

Alanamaslama

Postby Alanamaslama » Sat Feb 10, 2024 12:34 am

You can always use a remover if you want to take off the personalization to resell.

I get books, comics, and pops autographed often. If the person asks for my name to sign onto it and I say, “Alan, but no name on the pop,” sometimes they kind of pause. Maybe they think, “Oh, I thought we were cool, but he’s just gonna resell.” lol

I usually get books and photographs personalized. If they add a message, especially one based on the convo you have with them, it makes for a nice memory. Pops only have so much room so I don’t normally ask for personalizations or messages (except quotes). I only have one pop with a personalized message.
Hey, I’m Alan!

Events checked off:

Funko Fundays 2017, FunKon 2021
SDCC 1999, 2017-2019, 2022, 2023
WonderCon 2019
Comic Con Revolution Ontario 2017, 2018, 2023
Los Angeles Comic Con 2016, 2018, 2019

evrythngzen

Postby evrythngzen » Mon Feb 12, 2024 1:59 pm

the vast majority of mine are personalized for many reasons. 1.) Some celebs only want to sign if they can personalize them so they know you're not selling them on ebay. 2.) In my case, I have usually worked a whole weekend with the celeb so by the time I take it to get it signed, they know me and just automatically make it out to me. I actually enjoy those cause sometimes they also add fun little notes or quotes or drawings or whatever. 3.) I think it makes them special and helps people who see them realize that they're mine to cherish. LOL
:freddy3: Collector, convention manager, all around nerdy weirdo!!

Return to “Pop!”