Spider Demon Mother Chase

We're not talking about soda, folks. This forum is dedicated to Funko's stylish Pop! series of vinyl figures, with or without springs.
Forum rules
This section is for general Pop discussion, not showing off your recent acquisitions. Please use the Dance Hall for collection addition pictures.

Please post Funko subscription box and item discussions in the Powered By Funko section.
Chickyx2

Spider Demon Mother Chase

Postby Chickyx2 » Thu Feb 08, 2024 7:04 pm

I miss the days when my local hot topic manager would call me to ask if I wanted a pop before they put them on the shelf. They knew me and my son collected certain lines. I know this sounds selfish but there were a couple of guys that would buy 20 to 30 pops if they thought they were going to be able to resell. I called my hot topic and they were all gone. Anyone else here had that kind of hot topic manager in the past that would help collectors not resellers?
SDCC 2013 TO PRESENT
FRIGHT NIGHT 1 SAN DIEGO
FUNDAYS 2015,2017,2018,2023
HOLLYWOOD GRAND OPENING :freddy3:

xbloz951

Re: Spider Demon Mother Chase

Postby xbloz951 » Thu Feb 08, 2024 10:44 pm

I think it should always be first come first serve basis. We cannot stop resellers but if you want a pop so badly go for it early.

Tusken

Postby Tusken » Fri Feb 09, 2024 11:47 am

Chickyx2 wrote:I miss the days when my local hot topic manager would call me to ask if I wanted a pop before they put them on the shelf. They knew me and my son collected certain lines. I know this sounds selfish but there were a couple of guys that would buy 20 to 30 pops if they thought they were going to be able to resell. I called my hot topic and they were all gone. Anyone else here had that kind of hot topic manager in the past that would help collectors not resellers?

That can be very frustrating for sure. I know in the past when Funko was just starting to become very popular my local Hot Topic would hold the chases for one person because they would give them a extra $20 on the side. :freddy3:
Hi I'm Tusken.
Top Fan Badge of Funko, Funko Europe, Funko (Hollywood), Funko Games, Funko Blitz
Funko Winner of Danger Mouse 2021 - Twitter
Image Image Image Image

Funkognome

Postby Funkognome » Fri Feb 09, 2024 12:59 pm

I like HT for their store standards when it comes to Funko Pops. Chases go at the front, new release pops dont get put out until after hours so everyone has a shot in the morning. Etc.

Marvel_Mama

Postby Marvel_Mama » Fri Feb 09, 2024 5:18 pm

I miss the old Hot topic days. I bought so many pops every one knew me it was great and fun collecting. I always still had to be there first to get chases but these days I dont know anyone and now have to wait in line for hour to get a 1:6 chase. So those days are over for me. Great while it lasted. Collecting is always a roller coaster of change.
Diedre Loves her Funko Family
marvel_mama444 on insta - formerly Divade23 Marvel_Mama

rsomo93

Postby rsomo93 » Fri Feb 09, 2024 9:09 pm

I didn't even bother going to my local HT's knowing how shady the managers are there unfortunately. I miss the old days when there was at least some loyal people around...smh

desdin28

Postby desdin28 » Sat Feb 10, 2024 12:53 am

Marvel_Mama wrote:I miss the old Hot topic days. I bought so many pops every one knew me it was great and fun collecting. I always still had to be there first to get chases but these days I dont know anyone and now have to wait in line for hour to get a 1:6 chase. So those days are over for me. Great while it lasted. Collecting is always a roller coaster of change.

Yeah definitely missed the old days, interacting with collectors and creating new friendships while waiting in line. Those were the days. On another note, the glow on this chase looks amazing!

franniefunko

Postby franniefunko » Sat Feb 10, 2024 8:20 pm

My hot topic didn’t get any chases and I missed the online drop, patiently waiting for the restock

Goatedfunko

Postby Goatedfunko » Sun Feb 11, 2024 12:46 am

I’ve collected a few demon slayer pops but totally dropped the ball on this one. Didn’t even know it was coming out. Sadly my local hot topic has a toxic couple that always shows up early and causes drama with people in line.
Central California Crew (of one :freddy3: )
The nurse!

SDCC: 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2022, 2023
NYCC: 2022
Fundays: TBD

desdin28

Postby desdin28 » Sun Feb 11, 2024 1:25 am

Goatedfunko wrote:I’ve collected a few demon slayer pops but totally dropped the ball on this one. Didn’t even know it was coming out. Sadly my local hot topic has a toxic couple that always shows up early and causes drama with people in line.

Yikes, that's terrible. Hopefully the situation gets better!

Goatedfunko

Postby Goatedfunko » Sun Feb 11, 2024 5:51 am

desdin28 wrote:
Goatedfunko wrote:I’ve collected a few demon slayer pops but totally dropped the ball on this one. Didn’t even know it was coming out. Sadly my local hot topic has a toxic couple that always shows up early and causes drama with people in line.

Yea at this point I just ignore most hot topic releases just to stay away from them.
Central California Crew (of one :freddy3: )
The nurse!

SDCC: 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2022, 2023
NYCC: 2022
Fundays: TBD

Ginzo1622

Postby Ginzo1622 » Sun Feb 11, 2024 7:14 am

Goatedfunko wrote:
desdin28 wrote:

Yea at this point I just ignore most hot topic releases just to stay away from them.

There are always people who line up early in hottopic just to get a random chase drop
Fundays 2022 - Proto Robots
Fright Night 2022
Fundays 2023 - Protomoa Wolves

Don't stand in my way!!!

:whdat:

Nemesis989

Postby Nemesis989 » Sun Feb 11, 2024 10:56 am

I've never had that type of Hot Topic manager. My experience has been waiting outside the store all morning to be told there were no chase pops, but later having someone else tell me a few came in but were squirelled away in the staff room
Thank you everyone for this awesome community

Chickyx2

Postby Chickyx2 » Sun Feb 11, 2024 11:55 am

xbloz951 wrote:I think it should always be first come first serve basis. We cannot stop resellers but if you want a pop so badly go for it early.

Yeah I agree if there's a release date made public but if there isn't and these resellers are going everyday checking in the morning and buying everything. Where does that leave the collectors? Buying on a secondary market for an inflated price. Unfortunately I'm not rich financially and I have to work for a living so I can't go to stores everyday. On a different topic, I honestly wish that Funko would go back to their iPad line system for sdcc. A couple of years in a row 6 in my group all struck out on the lottery system. Pre lottery system days, I'd camp out in the everything line and always get in the booth. If you put in the work I believe you should be rewarded.
SDCC 2013 TO PRESENT
FRIGHT NIGHT 1 SAN DIEGO

zonkttc

Postby zonkttc » Sun Feb 11, 2024 12:01 pm

Sorry to hear. Hope it gets better

LAX_Men4ever

Postby LAX_Men4ever » Sun Feb 11, 2024 1:25 pm

I don’t know what to say on some Hot topic stores not having at least one chase while others have 4 or more

Wiselordship

Postby Wiselordship » Sun Feb 11, 2024 2:24 pm

Yea I stopped trying for chases in store at our local ones. Have some people that are a little to aggressive. And yoj would have to be the first in the doors when the mall opens for walkers. So usually do chase roulette online for hot topic ones.

LAX_Men4ever

Postby LAX_Men4ever » Mon Feb 12, 2024 9:33 am

True. Sometimes it’s better to buy from someone at a fair price or just wait for it to drop in ppg value.

Elviax

Postby Elviax » Mon Feb 12, 2024 10:25 am

LAX_Men4ever wrote:I don’t know what to say on some Hot topic stores not having at least one chase while others have 4 or more

Im curious about this as well! Both of ours tend to not get them often so i opt for online instead typically
Hello! My name's David, nice to meet you!

Anime/Pokemon Collector

scullysdad

Postby scullysdad » Mon Feb 12, 2024 11:12 am

The Hot Topic closest to me does tickets in the morning for people who are lined up outside, and then you are allowed in the store in numerical order. The Demon Mother dropped on Saturday and I got up and thought about lining up, but it was 35 degrees so I decided against it. I did wander in later in the day and buy the common, but I am kind of over the days where I would spend three hours in line in the winter for a drop.
Please Funko make Taylor Swift Pops!

Most wanted non-Taylor Pops: Carson Teva, Naru from Prey, The Last of Us TV show

hpellot

Postby hpellot » Mon Feb 12, 2024 4:02 pm

LAX_Men4ever wrote:True. Sometimes it’s better to buy from someone at a fair price or just wait for it to drop in ppg value.

Very True I am not doing the massive lines for a drop at hot topic
ImageImageImage

Some people call me the orange hoodie

ISO funko Force creature from black lagoon chase Glow in the dark

zonkttc

Postby zonkttc » Mon Feb 12, 2024 8:03 pm

Better worker smarter not harder.

desdin28

Postby desdin28 » Mon Feb 12, 2024 9:08 pm

Wiselordship wrote:Yea I stopped trying for chases in store at our local ones. Have some people that are a little to aggressive. And yoj would have to be the first in the doors when the mall opens for walkers. So usually do chase roulette online for hot topic ones.

Yeah.. that's unfortunate. I recall when the twinkie and super man chase came out, there was a line outside Target and HT. Some folks who were late to line up were having a fuss prior to opening. Recall for target, some folks who mutually agreed in the line were walking in the order but folks from the back speedwalk to the front or back of the store to reach the chase... After that just stop chasing the chase and to try my luck online!

Ooo, the online chase roulette definitely sounds interesting!

Trujitsu Ninja

Postby Trujitsu Ninja » Tue Feb 13, 2024 7:24 am

Chickyx2 wrote:I miss the days when my local hot topic manager would call me to ask if I wanted a pop before they put them on the shelf. They knew me and my son collected certain lines. I know this sounds selfish but there were a couple of guys that would buy 20 to 30 pops if they thought they were going to be able to resell. I called my hot topic and they were all gone. Anyone else here had that kind of hot topic manager in the past that would help collectors not resellers?

I just ordered 4 online hopefully it works out and I get a chase. I don’t remember ever getting a call from HT and Ive gone in there a lot so they remembered me you my friend was lucky.
:smt027 Trujitsu Ninja
Current collection count 540 updated 06/08/22
Interest pops Anime MHA and Naruto. Movie pops Pennywise, Killer Clowns and Warriors.

Wiselordship

Postby Wiselordship » Tue Feb 13, 2024 2:44 pm

desdin28 wrote:
Wiselordship wrote:Yea I stopped trying for chases in store at our local ones. Have some people that are a little to aggressive. And yoj would have to be the first in the doors when the mall opens for walkers. So usually do chase roulette online for hot topic ones.

Yeah.. that's unfortunate. I recall when the twinkie and super man chase came out, there was a line outside Target and HT. Some folks who were late to line up were having a fuss prior to opening. Recall for target, some folks who mutually agreed in the line were walking in the order but folks from the back speedwalk to the front or back of the store to reach the chase... After that just stop chasing the chase and to try my luck online!

Ooo, the online chase roulette definitely sounds interesting!

Yea. Some crazy stories around here. The one closest security guards, the last I checked, would tell you to move along until the 30 mins prior time to get tickets. And then you can line up. But then we would line up in the food court sitting area. And you can imagine the issue with that and not being near the store.

But online has done well for me. Specially when you hit a double chase when you buy only 2.

Chickyx2

Postby Chickyx2 » Tue Feb 13, 2024 2:46 pm

Trujitsu Ninja wrote:

I just ordered 4 online hopefully it works out and I get a chase. I don’t remember ever getting a call from HT and Ive gone in there a lot so they remembered me you my friend was lucky.

Good luck, hopefully one of them is a chase. I ordered 1 myself online a few days ago , thanks to distrackers on X.
SDCC 2013 TO PRESENT
FRIGHT NIGHT 1 SAN DIEGO

FuegoGlorious

Postby FuegoGlorious » Tue Feb 13, 2024 3:34 pm

Its probably risky for them to do that because I think there are strict rules at hot topic for the employees and letting them sell/purchase chases.
:SW7a:

bbauwe01

Postby bbauwe01 » Tue Feb 13, 2024 7:30 pm

I take my chances with online drops. There are a couple people who always manage to get in to the mall super early for drops like this where I know I have no chance at in-store

FireEmblemZack

Postby FireEmblemZack » Tue Feb 13, 2024 10:11 pm

Yikes yeah this is a super hyped drop!
Ugh I'll never forget when I lined up for the IT Georgie chase at Hot Topic and the big local reseller of the time had his elderly dad wait with him so they could get both lol
Image R.I.P. Buddy, my bestest friend

Chickyx2

Postby Chickyx2 » Wed Feb 14, 2024 11:03 pm

FireEmblemZack wrote:Yikes yeah this is a super hyped drop!
Ugh I'll never forget when I lined up for the IT Georgie chase at Hot Topic and the big local reseller of the time had his elderly dad wait with him so they could get both lol

Damn that's terrible, sorry that happened.
SDCC 2013 TO PRESENT
FRIGHT NIGHT 1 SAN DIEGO

Funkognome

Postby Funkognome » Thu Feb 15, 2024 7:48 pm

Showed up to a store that had it this morning. 2nd in line, onlyn1 Chase.:( she was there at 8a....

Toronto

Postby Toronto » Tue Feb 20, 2024 1:18 am

Hot Topic is an auto L for any type of exclusives of note because there are so few in my area. And unless if somehow is on a weekend, you are going after work. I rather they don't provide HT exclusives and just put it on Funko Shop instead.
ISO:Spidey/Pennywise/Mono Conans, Jubilee & Scott Pilgrim Protos [Scott Common/Dorbz]
Dream Pops:Toronto Raptors player Pops, Kimono jacket Daniel from Karate Kid 2.
Hopeful Next Funko Store Location?: The desperately needed Toronto, ON Canada #FunkoToronto
Recently Completed: Calendar Go Sailor Moon [Thanks RedRoo], Scott Pilgrim Proto - Ramona & Gideon, Mooby Protos - Both Yellow & White!

Ginzo1622

Postby Ginzo1622 » Tue Feb 20, 2024 6:57 am

Toronto wrote:Hot Topic is an auto L for any type of exclusives of note because there are so few in my area. And unless if somehow is on a weekend, you are going after work. I rather they don't provide HT exclusives and just put it on Funko Shop instead.

It will drop in funkoshop for sure
Fundays 2022 - Proto Robots
Fright Night 2022
Fundays 2023 - Protomoa Wolves

Don't stand in my way!!!

:whdat:

zonkttc

Postby zonkttc » Tue Feb 20, 2024 7:30 am

Toronto wrote:Hot Topic is an auto L for any type of exclusives of note because there are so few in my area. And unless if somehow is on a weekend, you are going after work. I rather they don't provide HT exclusives and just put it on Funko Shop instead.

100% agree. Unfortunately I also live in an area that ht exclusives are based on luck for me. I'm so sorry its the same for you.

Wiselordship

Postby Wiselordship » Tue Feb 20, 2024 12:22 pm

Ginzo1622 wrote:

It will drop in funkoshop for sure

Oh I am surprised it hasn't been on there yet. Just like all the other exclusives.

singerjared21

Postby singerjared21 » Tue Feb 20, 2024 12:24 pm

No but I gotta get me one.

LAX_Men4ever

Postby LAX_Men4ever » Tue Feb 20, 2024 8:43 pm

What’s the right price to buy the chase. I decide to buy from someone than waiting.

keyese

Postby keyese » Tue Feb 20, 2024 10:21 pm

LAX_Men4ever wrote:What’s the right price to buy the chase. I decide to buy from someone than waiting.

I would probably wait a bit, since the hype is up right now as they're dropping. I think usually the HT chases go for $30-60 depending on the franchise.
AKA ElizabethKeyes on Twitch or keyese on Discord :freddy2:
ISO Mystery Minis!
Lord of the Rings: Eowyn (HT) and Lurtz (HT)
Avengers Endgame: 1/72 Hulk, 1/72 Hawkeye, 1/24 Black Widow (all Walmart exclusives)

PokemonMastaASH

Postby PokemonMastaASH » Wed Feb 21, 2024 12:42 am

thats a awesome manager!

hpellot

Postby hpellot » Sat Feb 24, 2024 3:01 pm

kihou wrote:
LAX_Men4ever wrote:What’s the right price to buy the chase. I decide to buy from someone than waiting.

I would probably wait a bit, since the hype is up right now as they're dropping. I think usually the HT chases go for $30-60 depending on the franchise.

I agree I would wait a bit
ImageImageImage

Some people call me the orange hoodie

ISO funko Force creature from black lagoon chase Glow in the dark

Return to “Pop!”