Most cherished Con Pop

We're not talking about soda, folks. This forum is dedicated to Funko's stylish Pop! series of vinyl figures, with or without springs.
Forum rules
This section is for general Pop discussion, not showing off your recent acquisitions. Please use the Dance Hall for collection addition pictures.

Please post Funko subscription box and item discussions in the Powered By Funko section.
Tusken

Re: Most cherished Con Pop

Postby Tusken » Mon Feb 26, 2024 9:20 am

I would have to say Superman from Man of Steel as he was the first pop I every received and started the fun. :freddy3:
Hi I'm Tusken.
Top Fan Badge of Funko, Funko Europe, Funko (Hollywood), Funko Games, Funko Blitz
Funko Winner of Danger Mouse 2021 - Twitter
Image Image Image Image

rexflexall

Postby rexflexall » Mon Feb 26, 2024 10:32 am

The OG SDCC 2011 Metallic Spider-Man is a keeper!

dork_knight
Spirit Award
Spirit Award

Postby dork_knight » Mon Feb 26, 2024 1:25 pm

desdin28 wrote:
dork_knight wrote:
desdin28 wrote:I have never been chosen for the funko lottery for the past 4-5 years until 2023 SDCC and NYCC. So the one I cherish most would be the Gon adult form or the mystery bag and getting ECCC Charmander. In general for a con pop that would go to Lincoln, Wynonna Earp or Brook! Still have them to this day (the 100 and One Piece are my favorites! Wynonna Earp was a gift from my friend who introduce me the show and still cherish her show recommendation to this day :)

In terms of autos, that would be a signed Sabito from NYCC 2023! Where they invited the VA (Max) to the stage and he asked the questions - "aside from the well known characters you see here, what other characters do I voice?" Was surprise no one said Red XIII (FFVII is my favorite and was going to panel). When I yelled this, he replied "did you google." Lol Fortunately, I was able to meet the cast of FFVII (minus Matt Mercer) where I mention to Max, thank you for the auto! In which he replied, "Oh that was you!" and shared a laugh.

Outside of pop, that would be Overwatch autos (not on the pop) but a main poster I have. Also, my collection of getting selfies with them! Every single interaction I had with each VA were memorable, even showing up on one of their insta stories! Lucio, Roadhog and Symmetra VA was hilarious, Mercy VA was sweet when talking about career goals, Soldier 76 was awesome! Especially the funny and weird faces we make in the selfies we had, I cherished most.

Hope this year is the year you win all the lotteries! LOL May The Force be with you!
How have I not heard all these auto stories :P They're pretty awesome lol

Can't wait to hear your auto story with Nami Swannnnnnn and Usopp :P so luckyyyyyyy!

Likewise, may the force be with you as well for all lotteries to come!
Whaaaa, pretty sure you heard these auto stories! I believe I told you one of my fave memories is walking around NYCC and I hear a familiar voice saying nice shirt (overwatch shirt). I turned around and see Reinhardt voice actor walking around! Totally unexpected! Was hoping to shake his hand and hopefully ask him to sign the poster but he was too fast LOL
Oooooo, definitely looking forward to sharing that story!! Geez couple more weeks until then!!

I remember that storyyyyy!!! lol
Hopefully you can get him to sign that poster in the future.
Which overwatch autos do you still need? @_@
Bah Weep Gragnah Weep Nini Bong!
FunKlub Member:2016000002828
Funko Collectibles Count:4000+
Pokémon GO! Pokédex: 794 | Trainer Name: DorkKn1ght

A few fellow Funko Funatics and I started a podcast: http://www.buzzsprout.com/1015576
FB: Dave Metran | IG: @dork_knight46 | TW: @davemetran

hollis65

Postby hollis65 » Mon Feb 26, 2024 11:21 pm

Ohlordypops wrote:SDCC 2023 was our first big con and we didn't get the chance to go to the booth, but we did get to venture around Funkoville. We went to the Rewind booth on Thursday and Friday trying to get Proto the dog pop but they had not come in yet. Finally on Saturday they were in and we were able to get one. I'll always remember our time in Funkoville when I look at that pop on my shelf.

Right there with you. I went through the Blockbuster line so many times to try and get Proto and the Proto goes to Camp chase. Wasn’t able to get the Blockbuster but Porto has a place of honor at my home!

I have a bad feeling I’m going to want to collect all the Protos.

hollis65

Postby hollis65 » Mon Feb 26, 2024 11:24 pm

I got my Rick O’Connell Funko signed by Brendan Fraser when he was at NYCC 2 years ago, and I legit lost my s*** immediately after, and I almost never geek out like that haha. He was so gracious and kind.

Ohlordypops

Postby Ohlordypops » Tue Feb 27, 2024 7:45 am

hollis65 wrote:
Ohlordypops wrote:SDCC 2023 was our first big con and we didn't get the chance to go to the booth, but we did get to venture around Funkoville. We went to the Rewind booth on Thursday and Friday trying to get Proto the dog pop but they had not come in yet. Finally on Saturday they were in and we were able to get one. I'll always remember our time in Funkoville when I look at that pop on my shelf.

Right there with you. I went through the Blockbuster line so many times to try and get Proto and the Proto goes to Camp chase. Wasn’t able to get the Blockbuster but Porto has a place of honor at my home!

I have a bad feeling I’m going to want to collect all the Protos.

Lol my husband definitely went down that rabbit hole, he loves Proto.
Hi! It's Lauren
IG & Twitter: Ohlordypops
Follow me on Instagram: @ohlordypops

rexflexall

Postby rexflexall » Tue Feb 27, 2024 11:10 am

hollis65 wrote:I got my Rick O’Connell Funko signed by Brendan Fraser when he was at NYCC 2 years ago, and I legit lost my s*** immediately after, and I almost never geek out like that haha. He was so gracious and kind.

Now that's an epic piece!

BearyAllen

Postby BearyAllen » Tue Feb 27, 2024 5:59 pm

Elewitt2022 wrote:
Rcmal1 wrote:
Elewitt2022 wrote:
I totally remember that process. On the first two days you could go through he line twice because nobody knew what was going on. By day three you were lucky to get through once and by day 4 the line was so long that we didn't even make it inside the building.

Was this different then attending the shows and receiving one?

Yes, the first two years they handed them out with a very simple 50/50 chance raffle ticket.

Then they started giving them out at the shows and had a few that they gave out from social media posts - like meet me at this place in 5 minutes and you can have a conan pop. Each year it got harder to get them.

Ahh the good ol days....I may have made it through the line more than twice ... 8-[

desdin28

Postby desdin28 » Tue Feb 27, 2024 9:57 pm

dork_knight wrote:
desdin28 wrote:
dork_knight wrote:
Hope this year is the year you win all the lotteries! LOL May The Force be with you!
How have I not heard all these auto stories :P They're pretty awesome lol

Can't wait to hear your auto story with Nami Swannnnnnn and Usopp :P so luckyyyyyyy!

Whaaaa, pretty sure you heard these auto stories! I believe I told you one of my fave memories is walking around NYCC and I hear a familiar voice saying nice shirt (overwatch shirt). I turned around and see Reinhardt voice actor walking around! Totally unexpected! Was hoping to shake his hand and hopefully ask him to sign the poster but he was too fast LOL
Oooooo, definitely looking forward to sharing that story!! Geez couple more weeks until then!!

It's been years since I kept track of all the overwatch autos I need! Definitely one of the hardest is Reaper (VA doesn't do cons), Tracey (VA only comes during Blizzcon sometimes now), Moira! Matt Mercer auto is also another difficult one to obtain as well!

sealordbrian

Postby sealordbrian » Tue Feb 27, 2024 11:34 pm

Not a pop but the Captain Crunch Dorbz SDCC 4 pack because of the very special person that gave it to me.

Greymom

Postby Greymom » Wed Feb 28, 2024 12:27 am

My most cherished Pop is the 13th Doctor Who: First to Market.

Meowmix4

Postby Meowmix4 » Wed Feb 28, 2024 3:34 am

Awaken Gon (SDCC) and McNugget with Pails have to be my favorites. Cant wait to see whats in store for cons this year!

joeb0011

Postby joeb0011 » Wed Feb 28, 2024 8:07 am

My most cherished. con pop up to this day is my SDCC 2014 Starcraft Kerrigan pop. I know its not a high priced one but will never get rid of it
ImageImage

Rcmal1

Postby Rcmal1 » Wed Feb 28, 2024 9:13 am

sealordbrian wrote:Not a pop but the Captain Crunch Dorbz SDCC 4 pack because of the very special person that gave it to me.

It is always nice when you can relate a gift back to who gave it to you, makes it just that more special!

rexflexall

Postby rexflexall » Wed Feb 28, 2024 10:32 am

Greymom wrote:My most cherished Pop is the 13th Doctor Who: First to Market.

That is such a sleeper pop!

thebigdog14

Postby thebigdog14 » Wed Feb 28, 2024 12:55 pm

Rcmal1 wrote:What is everyone's favorite / most cherished Pop that they collected at a Convention you attended?

Bonus question, what is one other item that you collected besides a Pop (maybe something else from Funko or any exclusive) that you still think back fondly on.

For me...

Pop: I love my collection Conan Pops and think that they were a perfect way to celebrate SDCC.

Other: During the Deadpool Hall H event they put in bathroom toilet covers that were Deadpool themed. My friends and I managed to get some and that is framed in my bathroom at home. Makes me laugh every time I see it.

Absolutely my favorite con pop is the SDCC Wynonna Earp pop. I went through so much time and effort to get it. Wynonna Earp is my favorite show, so getting this pop at the con was very important to me.
SDCC 2014-2019, 2022, 2023
SWC 2019
Funko Fundays 2019, 2022, 2023

Rcmal1

Postby Rcmal1 » Wed Feb 28, 2024 2:42 pm

thebigdog14 wrote:
Rcmal1 wrote:What is everyone's favorite / most cherished Pop that they collected at a Convention you attended?

Bonus question, what is one other item that you collected besides a Pop (maybe something else from Funko or any exclusive) that you still think back fondly on.

For me...

Pop: I love my collection Conan Pops and think that they were a perfect way to celebrate SDCC.

Other: During the Deadpool Hall H event they put in bathroom toilet covers that were Deadpool themed. My friends and I managed to get some and that is framed in my bathroom at home. Makes me laugh every time I see it.

Absolutely my favorite con pop is the SDCC Wynonna Earp pop. I went through so much time and effort to get it. Wynonna Earp is my favorite show, so getting this pop at the con was very important to me.

That is awesome! I am glad you were able to get one.

MPF223

Postby MPF223 » Wed Feb 28, 2024 3:43 pm

Saw Billy glow in the dark pop for sure :)

dork_knight
Spirit Award
Spirit Award

Postby dork_knight » Thu Feb 29, 2024 9:27 pm

desdin28 wrote:
dork_knight wrote:
desdin28 wrote:

It's been years since I kept track of all the overwatch autos I need! Definitely one of the hardest is Reaper (VA doesn't do cons), Tracey (VA only comes during Blizzcon sometimes now), Moira! Matt Mercer auto is also another difficult one to obtain as well!

Reaper is out reapin' souls lol jk.
Hopefully Reapers' VA comes around or at least does those private signings where people send him stuff and he signs them on his own. I know it takes away from the experience, but it'll complete your collection :P
Bah Weep Gragnah Weep Nini Bong!
FunKlub Member:2016000002828
Funko Collectibles Count:4000+
Pokémon GO! Pokédex: 794 | Trainer Name: DorkKn1ght

A few fellow Funko Funatics and I started a podcast: http://www.buzzsprout.com/1015576
FB: Dave Metran | IG: @dork_knight46 | TW: @davemetran

Webslinger

Postby Webslinger » Fri Mar 01, 2024 10:08 am

hollis65 wrote:I got my Rick O’Connell Funko signed by Brendan Fraser when he was at NYCC 2 years ago, and I legit lost my s*** immediately after, and I almost never geek out like that haha. He was so gracious and kind.

That's awesome! He always seems like such a genuine, down to earth, good guy.

Image Image

rexflexall

Postby rexflexall » Fri Mar 01, 2024 10:41 am

MPF223 wrote:Saw Billy glow in the dark pop for sure :)

The glow on that pop is killer!

Elewitt2022

Postby Elewitt2022 » Sat Mar 02, 2024 6:56 pm

I remember when it came out during SDCC. We lined up to buy it everyday from the BBC booth but didn't get there early enough so it sold out each morning.

I went ahead and bought it from someone on eBay when I got home from the con! Glad I didn't wait too long....
Instagram: @suplexrd

:freddy3:

Greymom

Postby Greymom » Mon Mar 04, 2024 2:16 am

Elewitt2022 wrote:

I remember when it came out during SDCC. We lined up to buy it everyday from the BBC booth but didn't get there early enough so it sold out each morning.

I went ahead and bought it from someone on eBay when I got home from the con! Glad I didn't wait too long....

That was the exact same scenario that happened to me at SDCC. No matter how I early I got to the BBC booth, she sold out. Luckily, I bought her from a vendor at a Pop-meet a few weeks later.

Trujitsu Ninja

Postby Trujitsu Ninja » Mon Mar 04, 2024 7:35 am

2 pack Up 2019 San Diego Comic con.
:smt027 Trujitsu Ninja
Current collection count 540 updated 06/08/22
Interest pops Anime MHA and Naruto. Movie pops Pennywise, Killer Clowns and Warriors.

Cjcapone85

Postby Cjcapone85 » Mon Mar 04, 2024 8:06 am

Mine would be Red Eye Golden Frieza.
Chad
First Pop! Bought in 2014 Glow Super Saiyan Goku
Fundays- ‘22
SDCC- 2014-2023

Edwynstoys

Postby Edwynstoys » Thu Mar 21, 2024 11:08 am

Didn't attend the con but my glow treasure skeleton is pretty high up the list!

rexflexall

Postby rexflexall » Thu Mar 21, 2024 11:09 am

Edwynstoys wrote:Didn't attend the con but my glow treasure skeleton is pretty high up the list!

Great pop!

hailmary25

Postby hailmary25 » Thu Mar 21, 2024 11:43 am

For me it is my Regina from OUAT, it was the first limited con exclusive I ever got.

And last year I got a One Piece hat from Dim Mak and love it
Signed Pops:101
MM: 116
Pops :554
First Pop: Jax Teller
Most Recent: Signed DW Silence
Top Pop: Cobweb Bilbo

zonkttc

Postby zonkttc » Thu Mar 21, 2024 11:56 am

Edwynstoys wrote:Didn't attend the con but my glow treasure skeleton is pretty high up the list!

Amazing choice. But hope you get to go to a convention. Its tons of fun at the funko booth

Brutesquad

Postby Brutesquad » Thu Mar 21, 2024 1:50 pm

There are a few for sure because of the cherished memories as well...Bugs & Hyde from the Pop up shop, Glow Hopper from Fundays, Speedy from NYCC (didnt attend that one but was able to get it online during the drop! Had to be fast!)

zachattack

Postby zachattack » Thu Mar 21, 2024 2:12 pm

Mine is Freddy as Pennywise aka Freddywise. It's my favorite in my entire collection.
Sincerely,
Zach Attack!
Funatic of the Month for March 2024
Photo-A-Day Challenge December 2023 "Movie Night"
FunkoSodaSaturday Winner April 2022

TheOverlord619

Postby TheOverlord619 » Sat Mar 23, 2024 3:41 am

Forever mine will be Super Shadow from E3. He is mint and the grail of my Super form Sonic the Hedgehog figures.

DrunkoPop

Postby DrunkoPop » Sat Mar 23, 2024 9:42 am

TheOverlord619 wrote:Forever mine will be Super Shadow from E3. He is mint and the grail of my Super form Sonic the Hedgehog figures.

That’s awesome. On the other hand, I traded that same pop. At the time I was thrilled for the trade but looking back now, I’m starting to feel regrets. ](*,)
Image Image
ImageImage

PopPChulo

Postby PopPChulo » Sat Mar 23, 2024 11:24 am

Hmm I really had a time thinking about what exactly I’d say was most cherished

If you consider Fundays a convention, prolly Freddy as Big Boy (Red one) as it was my very first fundays & I associate with the memory of being in a room full of funatics for the very first time. Almost felt like being apart of a fraternity lol I even met a few people from the boards & so for me it’s more than just a limited piece - it signifies so much more (especially because Big Boy is kinda where Funko started)

As far as standard convention, I’m probably going to go with ever single DBZ convention pop - and the reason being is because my attachment to the license itself. It literally was the gateway that opened me up into anime .. and before I actually seen DBZ - I actually was in love with the character design (my first time seeing dbz as a kid was a Japanese poster of the super Saiyan forms and this was before America even had that part of dbz airing on tv). I’d watch it every day after school on Toonami without fail and because of that, it gives me an attachment to those pops in particular. my fav of all of them is probably SDCC Red Eye Golden Frieza though.
PopPChulo

Funko Enthusiast/Creative Idea Expert/Music Analyst/Pop Culture Geek :freddy3:

"Creativity is all around you.. How you chose to use that creativity is at your disgression" - Pop-P Chulo

TheOverlord619

Postby TheOverlord619 » Sat Mar 23, 2024 6:07 pm

DrunkoPop wrote:
TheOverlord619 wrote:Forever mine will be Super Shadow from E3. He is mint and the grail of my Super form Sonic the Hedgehog figures.

That’s awesome. On the other hand, I traded that same pop. At the time I was thrilled for the trade but looking back now, I’m starting to feel regrets. ](*,)

I was just updating my PPG on my Super Sonic the Hedgehog series pops and saw what he is currently selling for. To think at one time I had like 12 of him because there was such a small line and I just kept casually going back through it as I passed by the booth. Ughhhhh lol.

DrunkoPop

Postby DrunkoPop » Sun Mar 24, 2024 11:27 am

TheOverlord619 wrote:
DrunkoPop wrote:

I was just updating my PPG on my Super Sonic the Hedgehog series pops and saw what he is currently selling for. To think at one time I had like 12 of him because there was such a small line and I just kept casually going back through it as I passed by the booth. Ughhhhh lol.

What a story :D
Image Image
ImageImage

ddiggler421

Postby ddiggler421 » Sun Mar 24, 2024 1:10 pm

Didn’t attend either of these convention but my favorite con pop I own is Freddy Funko as golden bender and the 9 inch glow buzz light-year and zurg combo

nerdgirlbritt

Postby nerdgirlbritt » Sun Mar 24, 2024 7:06 pm

Anytime I can manage to get a pop at a convention specifically when I am at SDCC... it is a cherished Pop. I think my mentality is if I am able to get it I better cherish it.

TheOverlord619

Postby TheOverlord619 » Mon Mar 25, 2024 1:36 am

DrunkoPop wrote:
TheOverlord619 wrote:
DrunkoPop wrote:

What a story :D

I was the most popular person for quite a while when it came to trades, those Shadow got me quite a few of my Star Wars and DBZ grails I was on the hunt for at the time. Can't complain.

chester
Hall of Fame Class of 2009
Hall of Fame Class of 2009

Postby chester » Mon Mar 25, 2024 3:08 am

emoagogo wrote:Most of my most cherished pops or items in my collection are usually gifts from people, rare or not, i can just never bring myself to part with anything someone got for me

I feel the same way even if I don’t collect that line!
Hello everyone! In case you don't know my name is Paul(Chester if your nasty)

Return to “Pop!”