Most cherished Con Pop

We're not talking about soda, folks. This forum is dedicated to Funko's stylish Pop! series of vinyl figures, with or without springs.
Forum rules
This section is for general Pop discussion, not showing off your recent acquisitions. Please use the Dance Hall for collection addition pictures.

Please post Funko subscription box and item discussions in the Powered By Funko section.
Funkorot

Re: Most cherished Con Pop

Postby Funkorot » Tue Apr 09, 2024 1:09 pm

Thanks for sharing dude!!! =D>

Rcmal1 wrote:
Tusken wrote:Special place in my heart is the flocked Cat/Dog as it was my first time being in line for the Funko Booth at SDCC. :freddy3:

I love it when there is a memory attached to the item. I have the SDCC Freddy from Hall H on my desk and it def brightens my day. It is a great Pop on its own but just getting it was awesome and will always remind me of that year's SDCC.

Funkorot

Postby Funkorot » Tue Apr 09, 2024 1:12 pm

The Conan pops were so good. I wish Funko continued the line.

BearyAllen wrote:I have quite a few but I think the Conan Pops are some of my favorite too! Especially that 1st year of doing that line rotation through the Manchester trying to get the full set!

edsteez

Postby edsteez » Tue Apr 09, 2024 1:51 pm

E3 2019 KAIT DIAZ , not a con but still cherished

BearyAllen

Postby BearyAllen » Tue Apr 09, 2024 2:30 pm

Funkorot wrote:The Conan pops were so good. I wish Funko continued the line.

BearyAllen wrote:I have quite a few but I think the Conan Pops are some of my favorite too! Especially that 1st year of doing that line rotation through the Manchester trying to get the full set!

The Barbarian, or the Comedian? Funko did do more non con exclusive comedian Conans..the Barbarian, not so much

TepPope

Postby TepPope » Tue Apr 09, 2024 4:19 pm

Funkorot wrote:The Conan pops were so good. I wish Funko continued the line.

OMG peeps (including me) used to go crazy trying to get those. They were the coolest. Luckily nabbed a few

StarWarner
Spirit Award
Spirit Award

Postby StarWarner » Tue Apr 09, 2024 7:17 pm

One of my favorite con Pops was the Hannibal Bryan Fuller pop I got autographed in 2015.

The other item I still cherish is my Captain America mega Dorbz. It will always have a special place in my heart especially because my husband bought it for me.
I'm Tiffany. Instagram & Twitter: @star_warner
ImageImage

ISO:
Queen in the North Pop proto
Sansa Stark Rock Candy proto
Maleficent Protos
Harley Rock Candy and PSH protos
Luna Lovegood Pop or Rock Candy protos

Funkolotz1622

Postby Funkolotz1622 » Tue Apr 09, 2024 7:35 pm

StarWarner wrote:One of my favorite con Pops was the Hannibal Bryan Fuller pop I got autographed in 2015.

The other item I still cherish is my Captain America mega Dorbz. It will always have a special place in my heart especially because my husband bought it for me.

your so lucky to have that for sure
Fundays 2022 - Black Light Proto Robos
Fright Night 2022
Fundays 2023 - Protomoa Wolves

LoneWolf72

Postby LoneWolf72 » Tue Apr 09, 2024 8:30 pm

I have a few that I love, from different Cons. The Boushh Princess Leia without her helmet that my wife and I got from SDCC is one of my favorites. But I also love our LACC Stan Lee, and Diamond Grougu from SWC. The reason they're some of my favorite pieces varies, but mostly its because of the difficulty it took to get them. I love the hunt.
My favorite non-pop piece is a Captain America Mega Dorbz I bought for my wife at SDCC. It was a little pricey, but I couldn't help myself because she's a huge Cap fan.
I'm Chad AKA Mr. StarWarner.
Image Image
Collecting since 2013
Fundays: 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2022, 2023
Virtual Con (2020), and Funkon (2021)
Funko Panel, Bingo Night (SDCC)
Funko Panel, Hall H (SDCC)
Fright Night San Diego
Funko HQ Grand Opening
FDO: Los Angeles (×2), Sacramento, and Baltimore (×2)
Fun on the Run, San Diego

bbauwe01

Postby bbauwe01 » Tue Apr 09, 2024 9:20 pm

Loki sdcc and Tony stark sdcc

Flatt

Postby Flatt » Tue Apr 09, 2024 11:33 pm

evanaki424 wrote:
Flatt wrote:Maybe not my favorite, but certainly my most cherished.

Friends got me a signed Stan Lee Excelsior Pop. Signed just a few months before he passed and I got it for Xmas that year just after his passing.

#waterworks

This is great. Congratulations on this one - so cool.

Thank you!

funkomarv96

Postby funkomarv96 » Wed Apr 10, 2024 5:30 am

I forgot what year it was but it was at nycc and it was the abominable snowman and orange bird. Man do I wish I never sold those

Ginzo1622

Postby Ginzo1622 » Wed Apr 10, 2024 6:54 am

funkomarv96 wrote:I forgot what year it was but it was at nycc and it was the abominable snowman and orange bird. Man do I wish I never sold those

I wasn't collecting by then, those are good ones to have
Fundays 2022 - Proto Robots
Fright Night 2022
Fundays 2023 - Protomoa Wolves

Don't stand in my way!!!

:whdat:

zonkttc

Postby zonkttc » Wed Apr 10, 2024 7:28 am

Ginzo1622 wrote:
funkomarv96 wrote:I forgot what year it was but it was at nycc and it was the abominable snowman and orange bird. Man do I wish I never sold those

Love my orange bird man got him in a trade. Really special

bryan_sato54

Postby bryan_sato54 » Wed Apr 10, 2024 7:54 am

mcmfma wrote:Mine was 2019 ECCC MOTU Buzz-Off. Looking forward to 2024 SDCC line-up.

Thats a good one.
Hi Im Bryan & Im Pop Collector & Back to the Future Collector as well. \:D/

INSTAGRAM : BRTS054

bryan_sato54

Postby bryan_sato54 » Wed Apr 10, 2024 7:55 am

bbauwe01 wrote:Loki sdcc and Tony stark sdcc

SDCC Loki and tony was a good pop that I had in my collection. Brings back memories on those ones.

Jalvarez

Postby Jalvarez » Wed Apr 10, 2024 8:54 am

Mine is SDCC Whis, It was my first Con Stickered. I remember running from the Funimation Booth to the top of the convention center to get the ticket hehe
SDCC 2018, 2019, 2022, 2023 → 2024
WonderCon 2019, 2022, 2023 → 2024
Fred Project Release Party
D23 Expo →2024
Fundays → Here We Go

Pops: 120 Sodas:10 Signed Pops 40 Signed Sodas: 5

evanaki424

Postby evanaki424 » Wed Apr 10, 2024 5:25 pm

Flatt wrote:
evanaki424 wrote:
Flatt wrote:Maybe not my favorite, but certainly my most cherished.

Friends got me a signed Stan Lee Excelsior Pop. Signed just a few months before he passed and I got it for Xmas that year just after his passing.

#waterworks

This is great. Congratulations on this one - so cool.

Thank you!

I usually do not do autos but I really wish I had gotten one from Mr. Lee before he passed.

funkomarv96

Postby funkomarv96 » Wed Apr 10, 2024 11:09 pm

Ginzo1622 wrote:

I remember that year they both came out I didn’t win the lottery but I managed to find 2 separate people on 2 different days get them for me

SonicFan1987

Postby SonicFan1987 » Thu Apr 11, 2024 1:52 am

Jalvarez wrote:Mine is SDCC Whis, It was my first Con Stickered. I remember running from the Funimation Booth to the top of the convention center to get the ticket hehe

That was insane! I was in line when the fire Marshall shut the whole booth down for the day for doing anymore sales. I've never seen that before at SDCC.

funko_gtx91

Postby funko_gtx91 » Thu Apr 11, 2024 2:23 am

edsteez wrote:E3 2019 KAIT DIAZ , not a con but still cherished

That’s a good one for sure

Gsanch28

Postby Gsanch28 » Thu Apr 11, 2024 3:04 am

My most cherished pop would be the Ralph Wiggum proto I picked up off one of my buddies. Saw him pick it up at wondercon and worked hard on getting it lol :freddy2:
:freddy1: " I don't know anything with certainty, but seeing the stars makes me dream"

SuMo

Postby SuMo » Thu Apr 11, 2024 3:19 am

Rcmal1 wrote:What is everyone's favorite / most cherished Pop that they collected at a Convention you attended?

Bonus question, what is one other item that you collected besides a Pop (maybe something else from Funko or any exclusive) that you still think back fondly on.

For me...

Pop: I love my collection Conan Pops and think that they were a perfect way to celebrate SDCC.

Other: During the Deadpool Hall H event they put in bathroom toilet covers that were Deadpool themed. My friends and I managed to get some and that is framed in my bathroom at home. Makes me laugh every time I see it.

I have to agree with you that the Conan ones were great.
ImageImage
ImageImage

Trendkill24hr

Postby Trendkill24hr » Thu Apr 11, 2024 3:36 am

Right now my most cherished con pop is the comic book guy from the Simpsons
"Being a geek means never having to play it cool about how much you like something" Simon Pegg

Call me C.J. :)
Events: Fundays 2022 & 2023, Fright Night 2022, FDO9
Collection: 372 pieces as of 03/25/24
ISO Proto: Paka Paka Dragon

Jalvarez

Postby Jalvarez » Thu Apr 11, 2024 8:17 am

SonicFan1987 wrote:
Jalvarez wrote:Mine is SDCC Whis, It was my first Con Stickered. I remember running from the Funimation Booth to the top of the convention center to get the ticket hehe

That was insane! I was in line when the fire Marshall shut the whole booth down for the day for doing anymore sales. I've never seen that before at SDCC.

No Funko Related but happened last year with MetaZoo for the Hello Kitty collaboration Cards. For one day the 4 time slots were cancelled. The day after that the line was crazy.
D23 Expo →2024
Fundays → Here We Go

bryan_sato54

Postby bryan_sato54 » Thu Apr 11, 2024 8:22 am

SuMo wrote:
Rcmal1 wrote:What is everyone's favorite / most cherished Pop that they collected at a Convention you attended?

Bonus question, what is one other item that you collected besides a Pop (maybe something else from Funko or any exclusive) that you still think back fondly on.

For me...

Pop: I love my collection Conan Pops and think that they were a perfect way to celebrate SDCC.

Other: During the Deadpool Hall H event they put in bathroom toilet covers that were Deadpool themed. My friends and I managed to get some and that is framed in my bathroom at home. Makes me laugh every time I see it.

Yup Going to SDCC and getting tickets to Conan and getting a pop was always a highlight on the trip. Conan pops when it first came out was the best. The hype was real.

DiegoLo

Postby DiegoLo » Thu Apr 11, 2024 8:25 am

bryan_sato54 wrote:
SuMo wrote:

For me...

Yup Going to SDCC and getting tickets to Conan and getting a pop was always a highlight on the trip. Conan pops when it first came out was the best. The hype was real.

I never was able to get ticket to Conan. But I remember the Deadpool Covers. I think I was on the previous night waiting in line, when someone arrived with it and everyone ran to get one. I try to see them the days after but I think it runs out quickly. I hope this year makes something similar.
Funko Collectibles Count:1000+ (Need more space)
ISO Freddy Flux (4 of them)

SDCC 2018 - 2019, 2023
NYCC 2021
Fundays (Soon)

bryan_sato54

Postby bryan_sato54 » Thu Apr 11, 2024 9:08 am

DiegoLo wrote:
bryan_sato54 wrote:
SuMo wrote:

I never was able to get ticket to Conan. But I remember the Deadpool Covers. I think I was on the previous night waiting in line, when someone arrived with it and everyone ran to get one. I try to see them the days after but I think it runs out quickly. I hope this year makes something similar.

We shall see how SDCC will be this year.

Mayo

Postby Mayo » Thu Apr 11, 2024 10:15 am

My favorite is easily the full set of Blue Chrome pops from Star Wars Celebration 2019. The set looks so good together. Haven't had the same instant love for the other con exclusives I've gotten that don't have something unifying the set design (chrome).

fieldsy32

Postby fieldsy32 » Thu Apr 11, 2024 10:30 am

unmasked tony stark! It was my first semi big purchase when I got in to collecting and I am a huge Iron man fan!
Eric, decently tall guy.

2017, 2018, 2019, 2022, 2023 Fundays
Funko HQ Grand Opening
2015, 2017, 2018, 2023 FDO
2022 Fright Night

bluesnote

Postby bluesnote » Thu Apr 11, 2024 10:50 am

Mine is either my C3P-O freddy, Freddy flux, or Big Boy Freddy. Will never let those leave my house lol.

beckysaurus
HoF 2018 & CotM
HoF 2018 & CotM

Postby beckysaurus » Thu Apr 11, 2024 1:26 pm

There are some really incredible stories here, and they're helping me remember a lot of convention moments.

My favorite con Pop is without a doubt my Clown Dumbo from 2014. I was in line for the Funko booth (you didn't need a ticket to get in that year) and there was a claw machine in the line that NOBODY was using. It had several super rare pieces in it that would later be given at Fundays (I believe this was Wednesday night) such as Clown and Gold dumbo, the clear glitter freddies, and other 1/48s. I only had five $1 bills on me and I blew them all trying to get the Clown Dumbo. The line kept going around me and I happily forfeited my place in line to keep using the machine. I had to ask Kim Goldsmith/Zilla for change for a $20 bill. I blew the whole thing. Then Dave Zilla came and took pity on me and opened the machine and gave me Clown Dumbo. I almost cried. Had Ben Butcher sign it while I was in the booth (IYKYK). Posted it to the forum that night and the claw machine blew up by the next day! The pic on my profile is the one I posted to IG and the forum that night. I'll never forget it. That was ten years ago!!
Edited: Found a pic! So blurry lol
San Diego funatic

Flatt

Postby Flatt » Fri Apr 12, 2024 2:43 am

evanaki424 wrote:
Flatt wrote:
evanaki424 wrote:This is great. Congratulations on this one - so cool.

Thank you!

I usually do not do autos but I really wish I had gotten one from Mr. Lee before he passed.

I'm a very lucky SOB for sure.

Rcmal1

Postby Rcmal1 » Fri Apr 12, 2024 9:18 am

DiegoLo wrote:
bryan_sato54 wrote:
SuMo wrote:

This year could be really fun, I think the movie is being released the weekend of SDCC.

evanaki424

Postby evanaki424 » Fri Apr 12, 2024 5:45 pm

Flatt wrote:
evanaki424 wrote:
Flatt wrote:
Thank you!

I'm a very lucky SOB for sure.

What is that saying? Luck is the combination of preparation and something?

runtodere

Postby runtodere » Fri Apr 12, 2024 5:52 pm

bryan_sato54 wrote:
runtodere wrote:
bryan_sato54 wrote:Holographic Darth Maul was my all time favorite purchase. Looking forward to 2024.

Wow. It would be mine too if I purchased it

Yeah that was a cool pop to have. :)

Most definitely. Probably one of my most grail-y pops

lilbologna

Postby lilbologna » Fri Apr 12, 2024 6:39 pm

honestly my favorite is my proto robos blacklight pop! it was my first funko fundays and our team won and it was just such a rush!!
:freddy1:
ImageImageImage

bryan_sato54

Postby bryan_sato54 » Sat Apr 13, 2024 5:50 am

runtodere wrote:
bryan_sato54 wrote:
runtodere wrote:Wow. It would be mine too if I purchased it

Yeah that was a cool pop to have. :)

Most definitely. Probably one of my most grail-y pops

Yup Yup :freddy1: :freddy3:

Angelstorm

Postby Angelstorm » Sat Apr 13, 2024 9:19 am

Every year there's always one SDCC exclusive that I really want - haha and every year I can never manage to get it.

Jalvarez

Postby Jalvarez » Sat Apr 13, 2024 9:58 am

Angelstorm wrote:Every year there's always one SDCC exclusive that I really want - haha and every year I can never manage to get it.

I hope this year you can make it. I just waiting for the SDCC reveals
D23 Expo →2024
Fundays → Here We Go

Angelstorm

Postby Angelstorm » Sat Apr 13, 2024 2:51 pm

Jalvarez wrote:
Angelstorm wrote:Every year there's always one SDCC exclusive that I really want - haha and every year I can never manage to get it.

I hope this year you can make it. I just waiting for the SDCC reveals

Aww thank you - haha yeah for sure - I'll try again. Waiting for the reveals too !

Return to “Pop!”