Most cherished Con Pop

We're not talking about soda, folks. This forum is dedicated to Funko's stylish Pop! series of vinyl figures, with or without springs.
Forum rules
This section is for general Pop discussion, not showing off your recent acquisitions. Please use the Dance Hall for collection addition pictures.

Please post Funko subscription box and item discussions in the Powered By Funko section.
Rcmal1

Most cherished Con Pop

Postby Rcmal1 » Mon Feb 12, 2024 9:01 am

What is everyone's favorite / most cherished Pop that they collected at a Convention you attended?

Bonus question, what is one other item that you collected besides a Pop (maybe something else from Funko or any exclusive) that you still think back fondly on.

For me...

Pop: I love my collection Conan Pops and think that they were a perfect way to celebrate SDCC.

Other: During the Deadpool Hall H event they put in bathroom toilet covers that were Deadpool themed. My friends and I managed to get some and that is framed in my bathroom at home. Makes me laugh every time I see it.

Webslinger

Re: Most cherished Con Pop

Postby Webslinger » Mon Feb 12, 2024 9:05 am

I think it would be Freddy Showtime from Fundays 2022. I didn't go to SDCC only fundays.

But I am hoping with Funko going to C2E2 this year, they will bring some good stuff to kick off the 2024 con season. Fingers crossed

Image Image

scullysdad

Postby scullysdad » Mon Feb 12, 2024 11:19 am

My most cherished con Pop is the 2016 Indiana Jones from SDCC. I knew I would not be able to afford it on the secondary market, so my only hope was getting in the booth. I missed out on Thursday and Friday and was not going to try on Saturday, but we were in the autograph drawing line for the Fox booth and the Funko line to try for a time (this was the days of getting in the line and hitting a button for a possible time slot) was short so I ran over and got the first slot. Indy was mine and I still love that Pop.

I have been going to SDCC since 2001 so I have a lot of items I look back fondly on, but for some reason I really love the medal we got one year for completing the Adventure Time scavenger hunt.
Please Funko make Taylor Swift Pops!

Most wanted non-Taylor Pops: Carson Teva, Naru from Prey, The Last of Us TV show

Tusken

Postby Tusken » Mon Feb 12, 2024 12:42 pm

Special place in my heart is the flocked Cat/Dog as it was my first time being in line for the Funko Booth at SDCC. :freddy3:
Hi I'm Tusken.
Top Fan Badge of Funko, Funko Europe, Funko (Hollywood), Funko Games, Funko Blitz
Funko Winner of Danger Mouse 2021 - Twitter
Image Image Image Image

Marvel_Mama

Postby Marvel_Mama » Mon Feb 12, 2024 1:12 pm

My favorite Con pop would be ECCC Bigfoot. We waited in line for hours and by the time booth opened so many ppl had cut in line that we didnt end up getting it. A friend of ours did and let us have it. Love our Funko Family. The other Pop in our collection that is very significant was the OG Hulkbuster our of the MCC box once I saw that pop it was over for me. Thousands of pops later it really hooked me. Thats why its in my profile pic. Epic pop and always will be for me.
Diedre Loves her Funko Family
marvel_mama444 on insta - formerly Divade23 Marvel_Mama

Fugly16

Postby Fugly16 » Mon Feb 12, 2024 1:20 pm

The 2015 NYCC Ricochet Rabbits. Not that I love the character particularly more than any others that year but the fact that I got these two despite all the obstacles I had to endure that year.

Chingy

Postby Chingy » Mon Feb 12, 2024 2:15 pm

Kang and Kodos two-pack from SDCC 2019

BearyAllen

Postby BearyAllen » Mon Feb 12, 2024 2:51 pm

I have quite a few but I think the Conan Pops are some of my favorite too! Especially that 1st year of doing that line rotation through the Manchester trying to get the full set!

Rcmal1

Postby Rcmal1 » Mon Feb 12, 2024 3:17 pm

Tusken wrote:Special place in my heart is the flocked Cat/Dog as it was my first time being in line for the Funko Booth at SDCC. :freddy3:

I love it when there is a memory attached to the item. I have the SDCC Freddy from Hall H on my desk and it def brightens my day. It is a great Pop on its own but just getting it was awesome and will always remind me of that year's SDCC.

Rcmal1

Postby Rcmal1 » Mon Feb 12, 2024 3:18 pm

BearyAllen wrote:I have quite a few but I think the Conan Pops are some of my favorite too! Especially that 1st year of doing that line rotation through the Manchester trying to get the full set!

Nice! I was at the first show the first year and remember being all nervous we wouldn't end up getting one. They did a good job of handing them out.

emoagogo
HoF 2023 & Spirit
HoF 2023 & Spirit

Postby emoagogo » Mon Feb 12, 2024 3:47 pm

Most of my most cherished pops or items in my collection are usually gifts from people, rare or not, i can just never bring myself to part with anything someone got for me

Emo or Emilio is fine.
ISO: Pixar Protos
IG: emoagogo

hpellot

Postby hpellot » Mon Feb 12, 2024 3:56 pm

glow in the dark boo berry
ImageImageImage

Some people call me the orange hoodie

ISO funko Force creature from black lagoon chase Glow in the dark

Shalee04

Postby Shalee04 » Mon Feb 12, 2024 3:57 pm

SDCC Rapunzel With Red Pascal \:D/
They call me Kelly :smt031
OOB deals I love to find.

Disney is my first love whether it be pops, Dorbz , minis or dolls.

Pops and Dorbz -2000+~~~ I have lost count actually
Minis-450+
Protos-2 Dug with cone from my first fundays in 2016
And
Baby Groot with bomb from 2018

zaghawk
HoF 2020 & CotM
HoF 2020 & CotM

Postby zaghawk » Mon Feb 12, 2024 5:42 pm

Probably Gold Luke Skywalker, if I get an in-person opportunity to have Mark Hamill Sign It that would be even more awesome.
Gavin

FunKlub # 14297

Funkolotz1622

Postby Funkolotz1622 » Mon Feb 12, 2024 6:13 pm

zaghawk wrote:Probably Gold Luke Skywalker, if I get an in-person opportunity to have Mark Hamill Sign It that would be even more awesome.

The numbered one right?
Fundays 2022 - Black Light Proto Robos
Fright Night 2022
Fundays 2023 - Protomoa Wolves

desdin28

Postby desdin28 » Mon Feb 12, 2024 9:28 pm

I have never been chosen for the funko lottery for the past 4-5 years until 2023 SDCC and NYCC. So the one I cherish most would be the Gon adult form or the mystery bag and getting ECCC Charmander. In general for a con pop that would go to Lincoln, Wynonna Earp or Brook! Still have them to this day (the 100 and One Piece are my favorites! Wynonna Earp was a gift from my friend who introduce me the show and still cherish her show recommendation to this day :)

In terms of autos, that would be a signed Sabito from NYCC 2023! Where they invited the VA (Max) to the stage and he asked the questions - "aside from the well known characters you see here, what other characters do I voice?" Was surprise no one said Red XIII (FFVII is my favorite and was going to panel). When I yelled this, he replied "did you google." Lol Fortunately, I was able to meet the cast of FFVII (minus Matt Mercer) where I mention to Max, thank you for the auto! In which he replied, "Oh that was you!" and shared a laugh.

Outside of pop, that would be Overwatch autos (not on the pop) but a main poster I have. Also, my collection of getting selfies with them! Every single interaction I had with each VA were memorable, even showing up on one of their insta stories! Lucio, Roadhog and Symmetra VA was hilarious, Mercy VA was sweet when talking about career goals, Soldier 76 was awesome! Especially the funny and weird faces we make in the selfies we had, I cherished most.

sxrgio115

Postby sxrgio115 » Tue Feb 13, 2024 12:56 am

For me, I definitely have to say SDCC 2020 SSG Goku, although I didn’t attend in person, dealing with one of the most hectic website lag ever was the ultimate stresser. Happy the moved away from that system haha lol
- Bleach Proto Collector
- Funko Events on Top!
- Anime Fanatic
Wondercon 2023, SDCC 2023, Fright Night 2022, Killer Klowns!!

:whdat:

funko_gtx91

Postby funko_gtx91 » Tue Feb 13, 2024 1:02 am

I have so many, but the most recent one would have to be Freddy as Anakin glow

Funnybob

Postby Funnybob » Tue Feb 13, 2024 1:17 am

Headless Ned Stark back in the day before Game of Thrones blew up. I wish I didn't let it go too soon though : /

plumb102

Postby plumb102 » Tue Feb 13, 2024 9:43 am

I think I'm just always going to be obsessed with the Freddy as Clown from WonderCon last year..
One of my favorite molds ever.
SDCC 1996-current - Wondercon 2012-current - LACC 2021-current - ECCC '22 - Niagara Falls Con '22 - Designer Con '23
FunKon Hollywood '21 - Pasadena Con 2023-current - FunKon 2 HQ '22 - WonderCon Beach Bash '22 - Funkoville SDCC '22 & '23 -
WonderCon Fun House '23 - Back to the Beginning: Bob's Big Boy Meetup '24 - Comic-Con Revolution '24

Postby Moderator » Tue Feb 13, 2024 11:19 am

Great stories! Keep 'em coming
We are watching
"Contact us" is now working, send us an email at funaticmods@gmail.com

Force951

Postby Force951 » Tue Feb 13, 2024 11:34 am

No where near the most valuable, but the SDCC Toucan pops are my favorite. Its something i can associate directly with the con, and not the IP.

NCDS

Postby NCDS » Tue Feb 13, 2024 11:57 am

Mine are the ones my friends helped me, the ones you thought you had no chance of getting, and then a friend surprises you. Two of those are my Lincoln from 100 and Wynonna Earp.

This brings me to what other thing you collect from cons other than pops and its friends. Most of my favorite people I met at conventions in some line or another.
ISO Pockets Snapsie
2018 Punk Rock Bowling Champion

fairytail081202

Postby fairytail081202 » Tue Feb 13, 2024 5:46 pm

My most cherished con pop will be the autographed Metallic Green Ranger.

Funkolotz1622

Postby Funkolotz1622 » Tue Feb 13, 2024 5:55 pm

fairytail081202 wrote:My most cherished con pop will be the autographed Metallic Green Ranger.

Definetely a Holy Grail
Fundays 2022 - Black Light Proto Robos
Fright Night 2022
Fundays 2023 - Protomoa Wolves

Ohlordypops

Postby Ohlordypops » Tue Feb 13, 2024 6:08 pm

SDCC 2023 was our first big con and we didn't get the chance to go to the booth, but we did get to venture around Funkoville. We went to the Rewind booth on Thursday and Friday trying to get Proto the dog pop but they had not come in yet. Finally on Saturday they were in and we were able to get one. I'll always remember our time in Funkoville when I look at that pop on my shelf.
Hi! It's Lauren
IG & Twitter: Ohlordypops
Follow me on Instagram: @ohlordypops

Ohlordypops

Postby Ohlordypops » Tue Feb 13, 2024 6:12 pm

Forgot the second part! One other thing I collect are pins from our trips to Disney. I try to pick one up whenever we go to remember our trips. My favorite is a pin from Aulani in Hawaii. It was a bucket list trip for our family and my parents so it was amazing to actually make it happen.
Hi! It's Lauren
IG & Twitter: Ohlordypops
Follow me on Instagram: @ohlordypops

Rcmal1

Postby Rcmal1 » Tue Feb 13, 2024 6:36 pm

Force951 wrote:No where near the most valuable, but the SDCC Toucan pops are my favorite. Its something i can associate directly with the con, and not the IP.

This is such a good call! I always try and pick one up while at SDCC. I end up saving my wristbands and tucking them into the back of the box so display those as well.

M37R01D

Postby M37R01D » Tue Feb 13, 2024 7:00 pm

Stan Lee signed gitd japan chase spiderman!
ImageImageImageImageImageImage

Admin of - Funko NFT Collectors BST, Funko Paka Paka & Snapsies BSTC & Funko Mystery Minis Hunt BSTC on FB

Toys R Us Kid

Postby Toys R Us Kid » Tue Feb 13, 2024 8:02 pm

One of my favorites is the 2022 Hall H Shang-Chi. It was my first Hall H experience and I got to bring my wife with me too (any our baby was there but we didn’t know yet lol )
So a special piece forsure.
Jorge, here! Instagram: toys.r.us.kid
Fundays 2018, 2019, 2022, 2023 | "Making Fun" Hollywood Premier | Funko Hollywood Grand Opening
Fright Night II 2022 | Mask - O - Raid 2022 | FDO9 Sacramento | Funkon I & II

Kyvinylzjohnson

Postby Kyvinylzjohnson » Tue Feb 13, 2024 11:33 pm

Flocked lotso for me. One of the best sdcc pops

Relinquish

Postby Relinquish » Tue Feb 13, 2024 11:43 pm

Toys R Us Kid wrote:One of my favorites is the 2022 Hall H Shang-Chi. It was my first Hall H experience and I got to bring my wife with me too (any our baby was there but we didn’t know yet lol )

I really think the Hall H funkos are underrated they might never get another Hall H appearance and if they do they might decide against a big giveaway like that but I could be wrong. A lot of folks thought they'd be back last year and especially with Hall H being so limited with the strike it seemed like a guarantee but they didn't so those Hall H funkos might just really be one of a kind and even if they do make more and have another panel they'll always be the first! I remember being so hyped and I actually really like that Freddy he's basically me as a Funko at SDCC :D

singerjared21

Postby singerjared21 » Tue Feb 13, 2024 11:55 pm

Uhtred son of uhtred From Nycc last year was on of my favorites.

Rcmal1

Postby Rcmal1 » Wed Feb 14, 2024 9:31 am

Relinquish wrote:
Toys R Us Kid wrote:One of my favorites is the 2022 Hall H Shang-Chi. It was my first Hall H experience and I got to bring my wife with me too (any our baby was there but we didn’t know yet lol )

I really think the Hall H funkos are underrated they might never get another Hall H appearance and if they do they might decide against a big giveaway like that but I could be wrong. A lot of folks thought they'd be back last year and especially with Hall H being so limited with the strike it seemed like a guarantee but they didn't so those Hall H funkos might just really be one of a kind and even if they do make more and have another panel they'll always be the first! I remember being so hyped and I actually really like that Freddy he's basically me as a Funko at SDCC :D

It was a really cool experience to be a part of and also it was just a legit well run panel. I ended up selling my Shang-Chi pop but love the Freddy Hall H one and don't think I will ever part with that.

Elviax

Postby Elviax » Wed Feb 14, 2024 10:22 am

My fav is probably my Con sticker Borat! I won it from the official discord giveaway funko held around NYC '22, and when it came it had a NYCC con sticker which shouldn't technically be possible as the "con" sticker was a Toy Tokyo sticker, so its an error that shouldn't exist. I didn't get it at a con, but still my favorite bc it technically shouldn't be possible and it was great to receive it from funko :D
Anime/Pokemon Collector

Rcmal1

Postby Rcmal1 » Wed Feb 14, 2024 3:36 pm

Elviax wrote:My fav is probably my Con sticker Borat! I won it from the official discord giveaway funko held around NYC '22, and when it came it had a NYCC con sticker which shouldn't technically be possible as the "con" sticker was a Toy Tokyo sticker, so its an error that shouldn't exist. I didn't get it at a con, but still my favorite bc it technically shouldn't be possible and it was great to receive it from funko :D

That definitely counts! That is definitely a keeper!

hpellot

Postby hpellot » Wed Feb 14, 2024 3:54 pm

funko_gtx91 wrote:I have so many, but the most recent one would have to be Freddy as Anakin glow

This is one of my favorites as well I was glad, I was lucky enough go et one at fundays.
ImageImageImage

Some people call me the orange hoodie

ISO funko Force creature from black lagoon chase Glow in the dark

mcmfma

Postby mcmfma » Wed Feb 14, 2024 11:52 pm

Mine was 2019 ECCC MOTU Buzz-Off. Looking forward to 2024 SDCC line-up.

JoeG

Postby JoeG » Thu Feb 15, 2024 12:22 am

Rcmal1 wrote:What is everyone's favorite / most cherished Pop that they collected at a Convention you attended?

Bonus question, what is one other item that you collected besides a Pop (maybe something else from Funko or any exclusive) that you still think back fondly on.

For me...

Pop: I love my collection Conan Pops and think that they were a perfect way to celebrate SDCC.

Other: During the Deadpool Hall H event they put in bathroom toilet covers that were Deadpool themed. My friends and I managed to get some and that is framed in my bathroom at home. Makes me laugh every time I see it.

Okay so I have 3. I got into Funko right before the pandemic. I had not idea how these virtual con worked nor was lucky enough to get "into" the virtual con. But i was able to pick up Kaguya- Naruto from the left overs and it was a con sticker. The other is from this past SDCC. I was able to attended SDCC first time this year and was able to get Nozel Silva - Black Clover. Also, during this past SDCC i got to meet Mike Becker and he gave me my first AP Soda.

deadlycollects

Postby deadlycollects » Thu Feb 15, 2024 12:29 am

M37R01D wrote:Stan Lee signed gitd japan chase spiderman!

Thats a dope one to have in the collection!

Return to “Pop!”