Conan Pops

We're not talking about soda, folks. This forum is dedicated to Funko's stylish Pop! series of vinyl figures, with or without springs.
Forum rules
This section is for general Pop discussion, not showing off your recent acquisitions. Please use the Dance Hall for collection addition pictures.

Please post Funko subscription box and item discussions in the Powered By Funko section.
Hopesdenial

Re: Conan Pops

Postby Hopesdenial » Mon Apr 29, 2024 3:22 pm

It was fun. I don't see it coming back though. I miss watching him at the Spreckles Theater.
Image Image

"We come to this place for magic. We come to funkofunatic.com to laugh, to cry, to care. Because we need that, all of us."

Board name origin - I was an emo singer and guitarist; I'm not trying to sound mean lol

EwokAttack

Postby EwokAttack » Mon Apr 29, 2024 4:12 pm

SHAZAMCHAMPAGNE wrote:
EwokAttack wrote:I didn't even know he had a new show, I thought he was retiring? Is it a podcast or is it a full on late night show again?

It's not a studio audience show it's a travel show. He visits people he interacted with from his podcast.

That sounds fantastic, good for him, sounds like he's enjoying his "fauxtirement"

Lakerfan75

Postby Lakerfan75 » Mon Apr 29, 2024 6:47 pm

I never got selected to get tickets to the Conan show at SDCC, but I went to two different Conan off-sites and got a couple conan pops that way. I remember one year they gave all 4 or 5 pops if you were an ATT customer. It was a great off-site and I saw some really funny comedians there.

Ronnie18

Postby Ronnie18 » Mon Apr 29, 2024 6:49 pm

I love the Conan pops. Wish I had one. I am still hoping he would have a show during SDCC or a special podcast.

Funkolotz1622

Postby Funkolotz1622 » Mon Apr 29, 2024 6:52 pm

Ronnie18 wrote:I love the Conan pops. Wish I had one. I am still hoping he would have a show during SDCC or a special podcast.

There are a lot of cheap conan pops though, so you can still buy them
Fundays 2022 - Black Light Proto Robos
Fright Night 2022
Fundays 2023 - Protomoa Wolves

Mawhonic7

Postby Mawhonic7 » Mon Apr 29, 2024 6:58 pm

Seeing Conans show at SDCC was an absolute highlight and some of my favorite memories of going to the con. For a couple of years he also had a separate venue called Conan House (I think) and one year I got tickets to a stand up comedy show there at it was hilarious. They even gave you snacks and a beer and a Pop for free! I still wish Funko had made the Superhero Conan based on his crazy superhero costume he wore.
Hi! I’m Eric

Off_Funko

Postby Off_Funko » Mon Apr 29, 2024 7:04 pm

yep seems like conan and funko have moved on (for now) hopefully a resurgence few years down the line. I was never able to go to the show at sdcc
Pops, Cereal & Mystery Minis!

SDCC '17, '18, '19, '22 | Funko Fundays 2019, 2022, Camp Fundays 2023
Blacklight Champion!!!

w00tw00t

Postby w00tw00t » Mon Apr 29, 2024 7:09 pm

Lakerfan75 wrote:I never got selected to get tickets to the Conan show at SDCC, but I went to two different Conan off-sites and got a couple conan pops that way. I remember one year they gave all 4 or 5 pops if you were an ATT customer. It was a great off-site and I saw some really funny comedians there.

Brings back so much memories. I recall in the early days where my party went the night before and camped overnight for tickets. They also had random pops scattered around downtown and notified by social media. Good ole days.

Lakerfan75

Postby Lakerfan75 » Mon Apr 29, 2024 7:47 pm

w00tw00t wrote:
Lakerfan75 wrote:I never got selected to get tickets to the Conan show at SDCC, but I went to two different Conan off-sites and got a couple conan pops that way. I remember one year they gave all 4 or 5 pops if you were an ATT customer. It was a great off-site and I saw some really funny comedians there.

Brings back so much memories. I recall in the early days where my party went the night before and camped overnight for tickets. They also had random pops scattered around downtown and notified by social media. Good ole days.

Definitely the good old days. Really hoping for some good offsites this year!

bluesnote

Postby bluesnote » Mon Apr 29, 2024 9:17 pm

I like how everyone remembers this as the good old days, as it really was something special. I throughly enjoyed looking forward to these offsites each year. Sad they haven't been back in quite some time.

Ronnie18

Postby Ronnie18 » Mon Apr 29, 2024 9:22 pm

Funkolotz1622 wrote:
Ronnie18 wrote:I love the Conan pops. Wish I had one. I am still hoping he would have a show during SDCC or a special podcast.

There are a lot of cheap conan pops though, so you can still buy them

Thanks, I didn’t realize how inexpensive a lot of the pops are. I really wanted monoconan, but I might buy a cheaper one to add to my collection.

jagpop

Postby jagpop » Mon Apr 29, 2024 9:25 pm

Conan Pops were awesome and watching his show on location was a blast. He's so funny when revealing the set. lol

I am not in danger, I am the danger! A guy opens his door and gets shot and you think that of me? No. I am the one who knocks!

CAHLEB

Postby CAHLEB » Mon Apr 29, 2024 9:54 pm

I’ve never watched Conan but I have some on my list that I want just because of the character lol. But I do own the Conan as Chucky. I’d buy more.

Anhtrung05

Postby Anhtrung05 » Mon Apr 29, 2024 10:01 pm

I hope he comes back. He was one of the reasons why I started going to comicon. I haven’t heard about his new show until I saw this post. Lol I am going to have to research this now.

Lakerfan75

Postby Lakerfan75 » Mon Apr 29, 2024 10:06 pm

I watched some of his new Max show, and it is very similar to his Travel shows on Conan. Perhaps he could film one at SDCC and host a show during the event or something. Would be really fun.

EwokAttack

Postby EwokAttack » Mon Apr 29, 2024 10:19 pm

I'm sure he has plenty of friends to visit in San Diego to do another show here and bring at least one new pop.

ocwankenobi

Postby ocwankenobi » Mon Apr 29, 2024 10:39 pm

Mayo wrote:Might be too deep of a cut but Conan got a "super hero" suit made for him by the company that supplies Marvel movies. I believe it was when his show was out in LA. That would be a great one!

He wore it at some shows at SDCC. I think the one with the Aquaman cast. One of the cast members was not sober or with it lol. I think Tom Cruise was there but it seems like forever ago promoting Top Gun.
(Signature powered by VALOR Industries 4.0)

Suprmike6

Postby Suprmike6 » Tue Apr 30, 2024 12:40 am

Jedi-Noah wrote:
Suprmike6 wrote:I was lucky enough to get to see him at SDCC a few times. I think my favorite of the Conan pops was Conan as Joker from Suicide Squad. Would be amazing if he came back and we got another found of Pop!'s

Same here. I attended the show back in 2016 at SDCC! And I was able to get his autograph on the giveaway pop :bom:

That's probably my biggest regret with the Conan Pop!'s is never getting his autograph. I walked by and saw him out there doing it, but I would have been too far back by the time I got out of the show for him to sign anything.

evrythngzen

Postby evrythngzen » Tue Apr 30, 2024 11:20 am

I only ever got into one Conan showing during SDCC but man it was awesome. I do miss those type of off-sites. The one I miss the most is actually Nerd HQ. I would love to see Conan do a come back for the convention but I don't think it'll happen. Sigh.
:freddy3: Collector, convention manager, all around nerdy weirdo!!

Greek187

Postby Greek187 » Tue Apr 30, 2024 11:34 am

evrythngzen wrote:I only ever got into one Conan showing during SDCC but man it was awesome. I do miss those type of off-sites. The one I miss the most is actually Nerd HQ. I would love to see Conan do a come back for the convention but I don't think it'll happen. Sigh.

Man , Conan show with pops during Sdcc is legendary . I wonder it stopped ? It was ever year !
Funko POP collector since 2015
Wife and Husband hobby for both of us
Couples funatics!
EVENTS
Sdcc 2023 :freddy3: Image
WENT TO -.Hollywood grand opening ,Wondercon 23 , FUNKON 1 2021 opening day,,

Lakerfan75

Postby Lakerfan75 » Tue Apr 30, 2024 11:58 am

evrythngzen wrote:I only ever got into one Conan showing during SDCC but man it was awesome. I do miss those type of off-sites. The one I miss the most is actually Nerd HQ. I would love to see Conan do a come back for the convention but I don't think it'll happen. Sigh.

Nerd HQ was really nice. Back in the day when I could only get 1 day or 2 days at SDCC, it was a really great option to see some panels.

Chingy

Postby Chingy » Tue Apr 30, 2024 12:13 pm

Lakerfan75 wrote:

Nerd HQ was really nice. Back in the day when I could only get 1 day or 2 days at SDCC, it was a really great option to see some panels.

CCI putting the kibosh on Nerd HQ, Conival, and the other "mini-cons" outside the convention hall was such a terrible and short-sighted move

funkomarv96

Postby funkomarv96 » Tue Apr 30, 2024 12:42 pm

Nexus413 wrote:Are we ever going to get Conan pops again now that he has a new show? I really miss those, we need more of them

They were definitely cool! The only one I have in my collection is Conan as Spiderman I deepened the Conan as pennywise

w00tw00t

Postby w00tw00t » Tue Apr 30, 2024 12:49 pm

Greek187 wrote:

Man , Conan show with pops during Sdcc is legendary . I wonder it stopped ? It was ever year !

I believe it was due to his show ending so wouldn't make any sense for him to be at SDCC without the show. Would be nice if he came back with his Podcast. I would love to see it live.

Mawhonic7

Postby Mawhonic7 » Tue Apr 30, 2024 12:53 pm

Lakerfan75 wrote:I watched some of his new Max show, and it is very similar to his Travel shows on Conan. Perhaps he could film one at SDCC and host a show during the event or something. Would be really fun.

That needs to happen!
Hi! I’m Eric

KwangWin9

Postby KwangWin9 » Tue Apr 30, 2024 12:54 pm

one of my greatest memories from SDCC was getting tickets to the Team Coco House offsite (tickets to the actual show was damn near impossible). It was so awesome that Sona came out for a chat with the audience AND they gave out Conan Pops! My Iron Man Conan will forever be one of my most prized possessions. I wish he could find his way back to SDCC again...Conan really was just a big part of the experience for us haha

fairytail081202

Postby fairytail081202 » Tue Apr 30, 2024 1:46 pm

The great memories, hope he comes back to SDCC some days

Lakerfan75

Postby Lakerfan75 » Tue Apr 30, 2024 1:52 pm

w00tw00t wrote:
Greek187 wrote:

I believe it was due to his show ending so wouldn't make any sense for him to be at SDCC without the show. Would be nice if he came back with his Podcast. I would love to see it live.

That is a great idea, it would be amazing for them to set up a Team Coco off site and then have that live podcast. Would be so great.

w00tw00t

Postby w00tw00t » Tue Apr 30, 2024 3:17 pm

Lakerfan75 wrote:
w00tw00t wrote:
Greek187 wrote:

That is a great idea, it would be amazing for them to set up a Team Coco off site and then have that live podcast. Would be so great.

One can wish. Since TBS was a big company with a big budget, renting The Spreckles Theater wasn't a problem. With his new Podcast I'm not sure if there is any big sponsors behind it that would fork the bill. Or maybe he can do something smaller. But, his presence during sdcc was fantastic.

repair-manmanmanman

Postby repair-manmanmanman » Tue Apr 30, 2024 3:29 pm

People forget that there were also non-SDCC Conan Pops. I think we could certainly get more pops based on his new show, but I doubt we'll get any paired with an SDCC activation. His podcast content doesn't really match the vibe of SDCC; his guests mostly just come on as themselves and aren't really promoting any projects. That's not to say he couldn't do it and invite a guest who's already at SDCC and it'd still be an extremely popular offsite.
Hi, I'm CY

Grogu

Postby Grogu » Tue Apr 30, 2024 4:43 pm

w00tw00t wrote:
Lakerfan75 wrote:
w00tw00t wrote:

One can wish. Since TBS was a big company with a big budget, renting The Spreckles Theater wasn't a problem. With his new Podcast I'm not sure if there is any big sponsors behind it that would fork the bill. Or maybe he can do something smaller. But, his presence during sdcc was fantastic.

His presence definitely increased exposure to SDCC. I personally know a few people that didn't start going to SDCC until after Conan started doing tapings there.
SDCC: 2010 - 2023
Wondercon: 2016 - 2023

Lakerfan75

Postby Lakerfan75 » Tue Apr 30, 2024 4:58 pm

Grogu wrote:
w00tw00t wrote:
Lakerfan75 wrote:

His presence definitely increased exposure to SDCC. I personally know a few people that didn't start going to SDCC until after Conan started doing tapings there.

Yeah, I think that was the Golden Age of Comic Con. I am looking forward to this year, but having Conan back would be even better. I am a big fan, even went to one of his few Tonight Show tapings back in the day.

w00tw00t

Postby w00tw00t » Tue Apr 30, 2024 6:01 pm

Grogu wrote:
w00tw00t wrote:
Lakerfan75 wrote:

Oh that is good to know his presence lead to them being either con goers or at least attending. We definitely need him back. Helps space out the craziness at SDCC. As mention previously, I'm aware he has pops outside of SDCC, but I find the SDCC pops exciting and just the hunt for them. Conan as Jon Snow was my last of his pop when Tom Cruise was there.

Takit0

Postby Takit0 » Tue Apr 30, 2024 6:26 pm

Grogu wrote:
w00tw00t wrote:
Lakerfan75 wrote:

I love that you mention this because I think the opposite is also true! My first experience with Conan was at SDCC. And because I had such a great time at the tappings + Team Coco House that I went to the tour stop near me. I’m sure I wasn’t the only one!

partner-in-crime

Postby partner-in-crime » Tue Apr 30, 2024 6:58 pm

Hopesdenial wrote:It was fun. I don't see it coming back though. I miss watching him at the Spreckles Theater.

Too bad, I only was able to see him there was but it was great.
Hello funatics, I'm Alana and I love collecting dragon pops.

FUNDAYS 2016, 2018, 2019, 2022
FDO LA 8
World Premiere Making Fun
FUNKO Hollywood Grand Opening
[color=#FF8000]Mask O Raid 2022[/color]

Mayo

Postby Mayo » Wed May 01, 2024 8:49 am

ocwankenobi wrote:
Mayo wrote:Might be too deep of a cut but Conan got a "super hero" suit made for him by the company that supplies Marvel movies. I believe it was when his show was out in LA. That would be a great one!

He wore it at some shows at SDCC. I think the one with the Aquaman cast. One of the cast members was not sober or with it lol. I think Tom Cruise was there but it seems like forever ago promoting Top Gun.

Haha, that sounds awesome! I would have lost my s*** if I was there and Conan unexpectedly showed up.

Webslinger

Postby Webslinger » Wed May 01, 2024 9:08 am

Would love some new Conan as Pops, but I do think those days are over. At least I have the Conan as Spider-Man

Image Image

Rcmal1

Postby Rcmal1 » Wed May 01, 2024 2:37 pm

w00tw00t wrote:
Nexus413 wrote:Are we ever going to get Conan pops again now that he has a new show? I really miss those, we need more of them

I would hope, but I doubt it. It would be awesome if he came back to SDCC. One of many good memories. But since this show is similar to Somebody Feed Phil I will doubt we see any pops from him.

I think it is possible because some of the Pops that were made were based off of his Travel Specials opposed to his late night talk show.

FunkoEmu

Postby FunkoEmu » Wed May 01, 2024 2:50 pm

I'm disappointed I didn't get to see him at SDCC. Last year was my first. I used to have all the pops, but let most of them go. The only one I still have is the Ian Malcolm one because it cracks me up.
ImageImage
SDCC: 2023, 2024
DragonCon: 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023, 2024
NYCC: 2018, 2019, 2021, 2022, 2023, 2024

w00tw00t

Postby w00tw00t » Wed May 01, 2024 3:16 pm

Rcmal1 wrote:
w00tw00t wrote:

I would hope, but I doubt it. It would be awesome if he came back to SDCC. One of many good memories. But since this show is similar to Somebody Feed Phil I will doubt we see any pops from him.

I think it is possible because some of the Pops that were made were based off of his Travel Specials opposed to his late night talk show.

Would you happen to know if those Pops had the TBS labeled on the front of it? I'm sure he could strike some sort of deal with Funko to produce his own sets.

Return to “Pop!”