noob with some questions

We're not talking about soda, folks. This forum is dedicated to Funko's stylish Pop! series of vinyl figures, with or without springs.
Forum rules
This section is for general Pop discussion, not showing off your recent acquisitions. Please use the Dance Hall for collection addition pictures.

Please post Funko subscription box and item discussions in the Powered By Funko section.
thornz12

noob with some questions

Postby thornz12 » Thu Dec 29, 2011 9:31 am

hello all! im new to this section and was introduced to the pop line while shopping for my girlfriends brothers christmas present, saw them in a comic book store and currently have about 40 or so! so ill be browsing the forums for info! ive seen a few things already but i have some questions to post to see if i can get a direct answer here ;-)

1. Will there be a hawkeye addition to the marvel line? if so will it be to the marvel and avengers line?

2. Why cant i find a penguin to finish that part of the DC series?

3. Are there any other super hero plans? ( rest of the x-men etc)

thanks!

lucky19

Re: noob with some questions

Postby lucky19 » Thu Dec 29, 2011 9:46 am

1. We think hawkeye is the mystery pop! and if so it will prob be in the avengers line up

2. The penguin is like the loki version in marvel hard to find. Just keep checking ebay that were I found mine. Supply and demand is the game. amazon has him http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B004FC ... PH75SJ5JQ5

3. I think with new Marvel/DC movies coming out new pop! will also. A new xmen movies going to come out next year, my guess Cyclopes, Beast, Storm, Wolverine, n Magneto in new outfits like the black ones.
Last edited by lucky19 on Thu Dec 29, 2011 9:54 am, edited 1 time in total.

thornz12

Postby thornz12 » Thu Dec 29, 2011 9:50 am

lucky19 wrote:1. We think hawkeye is the mystery pop! and if so it will prob be in the avengers line up

2. The penguin is like the loki version in marvel hard to find. Just keep checking ebay that were I found mine. Supply and demand is the game.

3. I think with new Marvel/DC movies coming out new pop! will also. A new xmen movies going to come out next year, my guess Cyclopes, Beast, Storm, Wolverine, n Magneto in new outfits like the black ones.

thanks! these things really are addicting! a few more questions!

1. Whats with the "chase" editions?
2. are metallic editions and the other ones available in store?

im sure ill have more questions!

thornz12

Postby thornz12 » Thu Dec 29, 2011 9:57 am

also the marvel line starts with spiderman at number 3, who are 1 and 2?

Meth68

Postby Meth68 » Thu Dec 29, 2011 9:59 am

Chase editions are limited releases of the figure, they have a chase sticker on the window and are typically in metallic paint

Metallic editions, are anything from chase pieces to show pieces, they have shiny paint. You will also see "flocked" thats just fuzzy (very cool looking actually) so far I have seen a Chewbacca and Sully Flocked.

You can find chase pieces in stores, but its not very easy. They are limited and there are typically others going for the same reason :)
Vinny
Mainly collecting Freddy's now. :freddy2:

lucky19

Postby lucky19 » Thu Dec 29, 2011 10:05 am

#1 is thor and #2 is loki both form the thor movie

Yea sum funko members have been lucky enough to find the chase editions locally.

Check this out for reff viewtopic.php?f=62&t=26959

Meth68

Postby Meth68 » Thu Dec 29, 2011 10:09 am

thornz12 just a heads up, Thor isn't very easy to locate it seems, but Loki seems much harder at least for me. So far Loki has been my toughest piece to locate :/
Vinny

thornz12

Postby thornz12 » Thu Dec 29, 2011 10:45 am

thanks for all the quick answers! all helpfull info!

i have noticed some pieces are quite hard to come by! i have yet to see any of the chase or other special editions! ill be sure to check to see if anyone has them now though!

Meth68

Postby Meth68 » Thu Dec 29, 2011 10:48 am

Hey thornz12 , do you plan on getting all of them or are you pickin certain ones you like?

The lucky19 posted is very helpful, Also you should always keep in mind which pieces are more difficult to find even if you already have it, I am sure there are some on here are looking for them as well and will trade/buy them from you.
Vinny

thornz12

Postby thornz12 » Thu Dec 29, 2011 10:57 am

Meth68 wrote:Hey thornz12 , do you plan on getting all of them or are you pickin certain ones you like?

The lucky19 posted is very helpful, Also you should always keep in mind which pieces are more difficult to find even if you already have it, I am sure there are some on here are looking for them as well and will trade/buy them from you.

im more into the super hero ones, although i do have the full line of christmas ones, and horror movie ones! i am interested in several of the disney ones as well! im more then willing to sell/ trade if anyone is interested!

TanyaTate

Postby TanyaTate » Thu Dec 29, 2011 2:25 pm

Meth68 wrote:thornz12 just a heads up, Thor isn't very easy to locate it seems, but Loki seems much harder at least for me. So far Loki has been my toughest piece to locate :/

Ah! No wonder I have not seen either of them!
WANTED: Hanna Barbara Huckleberry Hound POP Dark Purple, Light Purple, Orange, Red, Pink, Green and Dorbz Purple, Orange
My Youtube Channel

xHEMLOCKx
Hall of Fame Class of 2009
Hall of Fame Class of 2009

Postby xHEMLOCKx » Thu Dec 29, 2011 3:16 pm

I think the Penguin and Riddler POP have both been retired, that may be why they are hard to find.

Some chase pieces glow in the dark. Gremlin and Beetlejuice for example.

There is a flocked version of Gizmo as well.
Hi, I am Bo

Fame is vapor, popularity an accident, riches take wing. Only one thing endures and that is character. - Lincoln

We need Dr. Seuss and Peewee Herman POP!

FunkoNewb
Spirit Award
Spirit Award

noob with some questions

Postby FunkoNewb » Thu Dec 29, 2011 3:35 pm

Well I'm glad I got my riddler when I did. I'm hoping I can stumble upon a penguin soon. I like the look of the batman characters
Mike, ISO Freddy Spider-Man wobbler proto and Green GITD Infredible Hulk wobbler.
IG: mikemcc83

BRiley0216

Postby BRiley0216 » Mon Jan 24, 2022 1:24 pm

Crazy to look back and see thing that were still up in the air 10 years ago and have been now answerd for 8 or 9 years.

rexflexall

Postby rexflexall » Wed Jan 26, 2022 1:53 pm

This thread is like 11 years old wow!

jagpop

Postby jagpop » Wed Jan 26, 2022 2:02 pm

rexflexall wrote:This thread is like 11 years old wow!

LOL...back from the grave. It's like looking at your high school yearbook.

I am not in danger, I am the danger! A guy opens his door and gets shot and you think that of me? No. I am the one who knocks!

rexflexall

Postby rexflexall » Thu Jan 27, 2022 10:44 am

Lots of Hawkeye now LOL!

Fawny

Postby Fawny » Sat Jan 29, 2022 5:16 pm

rexflexall wrote:Lots of Hawkeye now LOL!

Never enough Hawkeye. More Hawkeye! lol
Image Image
Courtesies: SPN Sig: ChinoX Team Badges: valorandvellum Team Tardis: hailmary25

rexflexall

Postby rexflexall » Mon Jan 31, 2022 5:32 pm

Fawny wrote:
rexflexall wrote:Lots of Hawkeye now LOL!

Never enough Hawkeye. More Hawkeye! lol

I gotta admit, his character has grown on me since the series came out!

HowardTheDuck

Postby HowardTheDuck » Mon Jan 31, 2022 7:16 pm

Strange as it is to resurrect random threads I do love seeing these time capsules. This was only a couple months before I bought my first few pops. Wow. lol
I'm Julian. HowardTheFunatic on IG!
ISO: FREDDY FUNKO CAPTAIN AMERICA, FREDDY FUNKO STORMTROOPER, FAIRLY ODD PARENTS 3 PACK, CONTEST OF CHAMPIONS HOWARD THE DUCK PROTO, MAN-THING PROTO, BRUTUS THE BUCKEYE PROTO

WarHmongHer

Postby WarHmongHer » Tue Apr 05, 2022 6:00 pm

HowardTheDuck wrote:Strange as it is to resurrect random threads I do love seeing these time capsules. This was only a couple months before I bought my first few pops. Wow. lol

so original poster was at 40 in 2011, i wonder what they are at now or even if they are still in the game. what does your collection look like now? probably hella grails if you have been collecting since 2011 as well.

jagpop

Postby jagpop » Tue Apr 05, 2022 6:14 pm

Great questions and answers. Welcome to the boards!

I am not in danger, I am the danger! A guy opens his door and gets shot and you think that of me? No. I am the one who knocks!

The4thCurator

Postby The4thCurator » Tue Apr 05, 2022 6:27 pm

WarHmongHer wrote:
HowardTheDuck wrote:Strange as it is to resurrect random threads I do love seeing these time capsules. This was only a couple months before I bought my first few pops. Wow. lol

so original poster was at 40 in 2011, i wonder what they are at now or even if they are still in the game. what does your collection look like now? probably hella grails if you have been collecting since 2011 as well.

I started in 2011.
ImageImageImage Image

DrunkoPop

Postby DrunkoPop » Wed Apr 06, 2022 10:46 am

Welcome Welcome
Image Image
ImageImage

rexflexall

Postby rexflexall » Wed Apr 06, 2022 11:04 am

Started in 2012, was lucky enough to get a few grails from this time period before they went through the stratosphere LOL!

racheva

Postby racheva » Wed Apr 06, 2022 1:00 pm

I bought my first pop in 2013. So crazy that it’s almost been 9 years!
SDCC 2011-2023; Fundays 2016-2022; NYCC 2014-2022; Fright Night II 2022; SWCO 2017; D23 Expo 2015/2017

HowardTheDuck

Postby HowardTheDuck » Wed Apr 06, 2022 1:12 pm

WarHmongHer wrote:

I'm now sitting at over 1000 pops and there is a handful of gems in there if I do say so myself.
ISO: FREDDY FUNKO CAPTAIN AMERICA, FREDDY FUNKO STORMTROOPER, FAIRLY ODD PARENTS 3 PACK, CONTEST OF CHAMPIONS HOWARD THE DUCK PROTO, MAN-THING PROTO, BRUTUS THE BUCKEYE PROTO

The4thCurator

Postby The4thCurator » Wed Apr 06, 2022 2:43 pm

HowardTheDuck wrote:
WarHmongHer wrote:

I'm now sitting at over 1000 pops and there is a handful of gems in there if I do say so myself.

I'm in the 800 area, I have some gems nothing too crazy. But I do love my Doctor Who Protos
ImageImageImage Image

HowardTheDuck

Postby HowardTheDuck » Wed Apr 06, 2022 4:45 pm

Fredo66 wrote:
HowardTheDuck wrote:
WarHmongHer wrote:

I'm in the 800 area, I have some gems nothing too crazy. But I do love my Doctor Who Protos

My Howard and Duckpool protos are the crown jewels of my collection! As you can see in my sig, I'd love to add a few more at some point that are really special to me.

NCDS

Postby NCDS » Wed Apr 06, 2022 4:51 pm

rexflexall wrote:This thread is like 11 years old wow!

I don't need more things reminding me I am old! lol
ISO Pockets Snapsie
2018 Punk Rock Bowling Champion

The4thCurator

Postby The4thCurator » Wed Apr 06, 2022 6:07 pm

HowardTheDuck wrote:
Fredo66 wrote:
HowardTheDuck wrote:I'm now sitting at over 1000 pops and there is a handful of gems in there if I do say so myself.

My Howard and Duckpool protos are the crown jewels of my collection! As you can see in my sig, I'd love to add a few more at some point that are really special to me.

Those are some awesome Protos
ImageImageImage Image

rexflexall

Postby rexflexall » Thu Apr 07, 2022 10:52 am

This person is no longer a NOOB! LOL

WarHmongHer

Postby WarHmongHer » Fri Apr 08, 2022 8:41 pm

Fredo66 wrote:
HowardTheDuck wrote:
Fredo66 wrote:

I've noticed that a lot of og collectors switch to protos at some point. Did you guys get to a point where you said, this is way to many production pieces. Lol

The4thCurator

Postby The4thCurator » Fri Apr 08, 2022 9:38 pm

WarHmongHer wrote:
Fredo66 wrote:
HowardTheDuck wrote:My Howard and Duckpool protos are the crown jewels of my collection! As you can see in my sig, I'd love to add a few more at some point that are really special to me.

I've noticed that a lot of og collectors switch to protos at some point. Did you guys get to a point where you said, this is way to many production pieces. Lol

I'm not really sure, I do still collect regular production pieces. I personally started collecting Protos only because I've won them from Funko. Receiving 1 from Funko got me in the mood to try and get Protos from lines I actually really love. That's why I personally love to collect Doctor Who Protos, I'm a Whovian and those are the only Protos I'm really after. I wouldn't be so upset if I came upon a Freddy Funko Proto though.
ImageImageImage Image

HowardTheDuck

Postby HowardTheDuck » Sun Apr 10, 2022 2:04 am

WarHmongHer wrote:
Fredo66 wrote:
HowardTheDuck wrote:My Howard and Duckpool protos are the crown jewels of my collection! As you can see in my sig, I'd love to add a few more at some point that are really special to me.

I'm not working with a Proto collector's budget. lol The two I own were very, VERY generous gifts from members of this here community. So while that's not quite in the cards for me, I am actively running out of space for my production pieces as we speak. It is factually way too many. lol

aprilyoufools

Postby aprilyoufools » Sun Apr 17, 2022 12:43 pm

HowardTheDuck wrote:
WarHmongHer wrote:
Fredo66 wrote:

I'm not working with a Proto collector's budget. lol The two I own were very, VERY generous gifts from members of this here community. So while that's not quite in the cards for me, I am actively running out of space for my production pieces as we speak. It is factually way too many. lol

Same, especially with the fandoms we'd love to have protos from.
If anything, we wanted our first protos to be from Funko somehow. Whether it was won from a social media contest like Funko Photo A Day, earned from dancing on stage at a recent con or event, or given by the prize patrol. So that was a huge thing to cross off our Funatic bucket list in the past year.
I do appreciate the community that does avidly collect protos and makes sure to educate people about them, such as asking about lineage, where/how to get them, etc.
she/they • ARMY | MOA | Bunnies/Tokki | FEARNOT

WarHmongHer

Postby WarHmongHer » Tue Apr 19, 2022 1:13 am

aprilyoufools wrote:
HowardTheDuck wrote:
WarHmongHer wrote:

Same, especially with the fandoms we'd love to have protos from.
If anything, we wanted our first protos to be from Funko somehow. Whether it was won from a social media contest like Funko Photo A Day, earned from dancing on stage at a recent con or event, or given by the prize patrol. So that was a huge thing to cross off our Funatic bucket list in the past year.
I do appreciate the community that does avidly collect protos and makes sure to educate people about them, such as asking about lineage, where/how to get them, etc.

im hoping to win a proto one of these days too. ever since i found out about fundays and funko events ive been trying to attend one. working on my can or corn eating and dance moves. lol. i should start doing the funko photo a day but i always struggle with taking the pops out of the box. lol

Return to “Pop!”