URGENT news for Fellow Funatics!!!!

We're not talking about soda, folks. This forum is dedicated to Funko's stylish Pop! series of vinyl figures, with or without springs.
Forum rules
This section is for general Pop discussion, not showing off your recent acquisitions. Please use the Dance Hall for collection addition pictures.

Please post Funko subscription box and item discussions in the Powered By Funko section.
Brian@Funko

Postby Brian@Funko » Tue Jan 10, 2012 10:19 pm

For your old time FUNATICS and the newbies just joining our community....

I want to extend our annual invitation to the Funko Fun Days at San Diego Comic Con..

As always it is the best time of the year to be a funatic...I give away more goodies than your eyes would believe..

Toms of PROTOS, Special Awards, Boxes of Fun and special items made JUST for Fun Days..

Of course ask any Funatic who has attended this event and they will let you know it is NOT to be missed...So I urge all newbies and our beloved Funatics to find a way to make it to San Diego this year..

As a bonus, we had out protos and special prizes each day at the FUNKO booth as well.

Please make the journey....it is so worth the trip!!!

If you are new to our community, I can;t stress enough how cool it is to meet your fellow funatics in person...No toy community is as kind and fun as our FUNATICS!!!!!

kc516

Re: URGENT news for Fellow Funatics!!!!

Postby kc516 » Tue Jan 10, 2012 10:41 pm

awesome not really sure how i will get there but i will hitchhike if necessary

Meth68

Postby Meth68 » Tue Jan 10, 2012 10:42 pm

Its very upsetting knowing I won't be able to make the trip, it sounds like an awesome event =P~

Is there a way to not physically be there, but be there in spirit? (But still receive funday items *cough* POP!) lol
Vinny
Mainly collecting Freddy's now. :freddy2:

toytonytexas
Hall of Fame Class of 2012

Postby toytonytexas » Tue Jan 10, 2012 10:53 pm

Brian@Funko wrote:For your old time FUNATICS and the newbies just joining our community....

I want to extend our annual invitation to the Funko Fun Days at San Diego Comic Con..

As always it is the best time of the year to be a funatic...I give away more goodies than your eyes would believe..

Toms of PROTOS, Special Awards, Boxes of Fun and special items made JUST for Fun Days..

Of course ask any Funatic who has attended this event and they will let you know it is NOT to be missed...So I urge all newbies and our beloved Funatics to find a way to make it to San Diego this year..

As a bonus, we had out protos and special prizes each day at the FUNKO booth as well.

If you are new to our community, I can;t stress enough how cool it is to meet your fellow funatics in person...No toy community is as kind and fun as our FUNATICS!!!!!

What Brian says is true and the event is even better than what he has described!!!! Funko Fun Days is my favorite time of the year! You not only win lots of prizes...but you get to hang out with the "Best" and I mean the "BEST" family ever...our very own FUNKO FUNATIC FAMILY! I have been going for FOUR YEARS STRAIGHT now and I do not plan on missing it! :cheers:

funkystark
Hall of Fame Class of 2011
Hall of Fame Class of 2011

Postby funkystark » Tue Jan 10, 2012 10:54 pm

Bring Tess, Tony!

toytonytexas

Postby toytonytexas » Tue Jan 10, 2012 10:58 pm

funkystark wrote:Bring Tess, Tony!

I will....she had a GREAT time!

Kitzka
HoF 2017 & CotM
HoF 2017 & CotM

Postby Kitzka » Tue Jan 10, 2012 11:27 pm

This message just means I need to get my company to send me to SDCC. But if they do I have to work and then how can I join in on the fun?? What to do what to do?

I am at every NYCC, so maybe one day there is a meet up there? Or I can get myself out there and not have to work at the booth but my company will still get me a badge?

It's going to take a lot to make this happen as my child will hurt me but I'm going to see what I can do....

Lara

Looking for Care Bear Protos

jlcall3

Postby jlcall3 » Tue Jan 10, 2012 11:35 pm

Brian@Funko wrote:For your old time FUNATICS and the newbies just joining our community....

I would love to go I just know I can't at this current time. Believe me my wife and I are looking for things to do but with 5 kids its not easy when we are on the other side of the states. Thank you for the invite and hope to take you up on it at some point.
"These are not the POP! you are looking for..."

Family of 7 that are Disney/Funko-holics

Wanted POP!:
A Few Various New POP!

groundhog7s

Postby groundhog7s » Tue Jan 10, 2012 11:46 pm

Just priced a ticket to SD for Fun Days...this lead to a very sad groundhog.

I'ma bit with Meth (since I'm new also). Is there any way to buy BOFs outside of eBay or being there? I'm assuming not but thought it worth asking. On a related note, aren't there usually pre-sales of all Funko items before the show? I remember Ron having something about it on his site this year and wondered if that was normal.
www.8-BitHero.com
redesigning pop culture one pixel at a time

sclarke03
Hall of Fame Class of 2015
Hall of Fame Class of 2015

Postby sclarke03 » Tue Jan 10, 2012 11:56 pm

Pre-sales are only available to those going to Con and Fun Days (which sucks for all of us that don't go). You can get a BOF if you don't go. from ebay or usually the folks here will have extras to sell.
Steve

WANTED: Purple Tuxedo Freddy!!!!

Reverend
HoF 2013 & CotY
HoF 2013 & CotY

Postby Reverend » Tue Jan 10, 2012 11:58 pm

There is a pre-buy but I think that is only if you going to SDCC. My wife and I had a blast last year, the toys are cool but meeting all the funatics was the best. If you do go take extra suit cases I need three to bring back all my new toys
ISO Pop Spastik Tiki protos, ALL OF THEM!

REAL MEN DON'T KEEP SCORE!

SELL OUTS NEED TO RESTOCK SO THEY CAN SELL OUT AGAIN! :mir1:

Pot meet KETTLE

Brian@Funko wrote:GO boxless..it is more fun!

My mom named me Jacob/Unfortunately that's not all I get called
Haters going to hate so let the cry babies cry!

RDK
Hall of Fame Class of 2009
Hall of Fame Class of 2009

Postby RDK » Wed Jan 11, 2012 1:14 am

Other than for the very rare stuff, it's usually fairly easy to get the BOFs after the event.
Ray

mindblowin02

Postby mindblowin02 » Wed Jan 11, 2012 2:51 am

And even some if the super rate stuff shows up after con on gemeni

glowfunkofreak
HoF 2007 & Spirit
HoF 2007 & Spirit
Location: the other side of the rainbow .. where everything GLOWS !!

Postby glowfunkofreak » Wed Jan 11, 2012 5:44 am

Kitzka wrote:This message just means I need to get my company to send me to SDCC. But if they do I have to work and then how can I join in on the fun?? What to do what to do?

I am at every NYCC, so maybe one day there is a meet up there? Or I can get myself out there and not have to work at the booth but my company will still get me a badge?

It's going to take a lot to make this happen as my child will hurt me but I'm going to see what I can do....

Lara

We have get togethers at NYCC every year but there arent many Funatics around NYC. I get pro passes for Funatics they are good all four days. I have a Toy store tour we do that takes you all over the city.

T.O.D.D. Toy Obsession Disorder Days
Check the Events page on my website

http://www.justanotherfunkoobserver.com/FunkoEvents.htm
Once a FUNATIC a FUNATIC for LIFE

It's ALL about the FUN
WEBSITE - http://justanotherfunkoobserver.com/

Meth68

Postby Meth68 » Wed Jan 11, 2012 8:12 am

Sounds good I'll check that out.
Vinny
Mainly collecting Freddy's now. :freddy2:

Kitzka
HoF 2017 & CotM
HoF 2017 & CotM

Postby Kitzka » Wed Jan 11, 2012 9:04 am

glowfunkofreak wrote:
Kitzka wrote:This message just means I need to get my company to send me to SDCC. But if they do I have to work and then how can I join in on the fun?? What to do what to do?

Lara

We have get togethers at NYCC every year but there arent many Funatics around NYC. I get pro passes for Funatics they are good all four days. I have a Toy store tour we do that takes you all over the city.

T.O.D.D. Toy Obsession Disorder Days
Check the Events page on my website

http://www.justanotherfunkoobserver.com/FunkoEvents.htm

this sounds great! I usually have to go for work (on occassion i have to be on a panel but it's not anything funko related lol) but this sounds fun.

it is surprising to me that there is not more funatics in the metro area. maybe soon :)

lara

Kitzka
HoF 2017 & CotM
HoF 2017 & CotM

Postby Kitzka » Wed Jan 11, 2012 9:08 am

groundhog7s wrote:Just priced a ticket to SD for Fun Days...this lead to a very sad groundhog.

I'ma bit with Meth (since I'm new also). Is there any way to buy BOFs outside of eBay or being there? I'm assuming not but thought it worth asking. On a related note, aren't there usually pre-sales of all Funko items before the show? I remember Ron having something about it on his site this year and wondered if that was normal.

Are the fun days on a specific day at SDCC? just wondering as i didn't see anything on the SDCC site...

l

Reverend
HoF 2013 & CotY
HoF 2013 & CotY

Postby Reverend » Wed Jan 11, 2012 9:26 am

Fun days is just for us that is done by Brian. It is not part of SDCC, just done the same weekend. It is a must for all funatics at least once. You pay I think $60 but you get dinner, drinks, and a box of toy when you enter. No to mention Brian will give out awards and tons more toys from rare to protos, not to mention you get to meet and party with everyone here

Pot meet KETTLE

Kitzka
HoF 2017 & CotM
HoF 2017 & CotM

Postby Kitzka » Wed Jan 11, 2012 9:42 am

Reverend wrote:Fun days is just for us that is done by Brian. It is not part of SDCC, just done the same weekend. It is a must for all funatics at least once. You pay I think $60 but you get dinner, drinks, and a box of toy when you enter. No to mention Brian will give out awards and tons more toys from rare to protos, not to mention you get to meet and party with everyone here

ah! okay i get it now. sorry it's early and my brain isn't turned on yet.

lara

the rev

Postby the rev » Wed Jan 11, 2012 12:54 pm

I'm totally down to go, I only live about an hour away from SD, so it will be a easy drive.

If someone can point me to where I can buy tickets that would be great.

Thanks,

-Brandon

Reverend
HoF 2013 & CotY
HoF 2013 & CotY

Postby Reverend » Wed Jan 11, 2012 12:57 pm

Brian will post a list as we get closer for fun days as for SDCC good luck on finding tickets

Pot meet KETTLE

the rev

Postby the rev » Wed Jan 11, 2012 12:59 pm

Reverend wrote:Brian will post a list as we get closer for fun days as for SDCC good luck on finding tickets

I've never been to Comic con, So i've never had to try and buy tickets. Any pointers? is it that hard to get tickets?

-Brandon

Reverend
HoF 2013 & CotY
HoF 2013 & CotY

Postby Reverend » Wed Jan 11, 2012 1:34 pm

If we get lucky like last year Brian might get extras and offer for us to buy them. My understanding is they are all sold out a year in advance, I know they release a few but don't know when.

Pot meet KETTLE

the rev

Postby the rev » Wed Jan 11, 2012 1:59 pm

Reverend wrote:If we get lucky like last year Brian might get extras and offer for us to buy them. My understanding is they are all sold out a year in advance, I know they release a few but don't know when.

oh man, already sold out?! lol damn... Time to pay double on craigslist.. unless! Brian gets tickets to sell to us!

thanks for the info!

-Braodn :roflmao: =D>

missbantz

Postby missbantz » Thu Jan 12, 2012 2:23 am

Reverend wrote:If we get lucky like last year Brian might get extras and offer for us to buy them. My understanding is they are all sold out a year in advance, I know they release a few but don't know when.

The pre-sale ones on-site that were available to people who attended last year are sold out, but the rest will go on sale sometime in Feb/March. There are a lot of tickets available, but the site in which they are sold tends to crash, and it sells out FAST. Comic Con also changed the rules this year to try and prevent the disaster that was last year and is making everyone sign up for a Comic Con ID account in order to prevent the site from overloading.

TanyaTate

Postby TanyaTate » Thu Jan 12, 2012 2:28 am

Yeah! I just might pop in :)
WANTED: Hanna Barbara Huckleberry Hound POP Dark Purple, Light Purple, Orange, Red, Pink, Green and Dorbz Purple, Orange
My Youtube Channel

cflames89

Postby cflames89 » Thu Jan 12, 2012 7:14 pm

Maybe some day...

bigmama3
Collector of the Month
Collector of the Month

Postby bigmama3 » Sat Jan 28, 2012 12:46 am

Omg my kids are begging me to take them this year! Ugh..... So upsetting missing it for the 2nd year in a row :-(

sphinxie

Postby sphinxie » Sat Jan 28, 2012 3:40 am

I'll be there for SDCC and hopefully fundays as well. Can't wait to meet you all!

cliffd64
Hall of Fame Class of 2006
Hall of Fame Class of 2006

Postby cliffd64 » Wed Mar 07, 2012 11:04 am

I'll be there for Fundays... But looks like the SDCC tix are a no-go so far...
Image ImageImage Image Image Image Image

Rmedina8804

Postby Rmedina8804 » Wed Mar 07, 2012 3:21 pm

I live in San Diego but had issues with getting a ticket to sdcc! :/ while your in San Diego is there any other way I can get my hands some of these exclusives and other pops without being at the event. My main reason to even want to giro comic con is for funko, unfortunately they sold out im within 2 hours. It sucks especially since I live 10 minutes away from te convention. Any info is appreciated. "gotta have my pops!"

Jango_Fresh
HoF 2015 & RotY
HoF 2015 & RotY

Postby Jango_Fresh » Wed Mar 07, 2012 3:28 pm

If you live that close, you may want to try Craigslist and see if you can find a half day badge for one of the days, I am sure there will be a ton of sellers on there.
2012 Rookie of the Year

Rmedina8804

Postby Rmedina8804 » Wed Mar 07, 2012 3:38 pm

Believe me the prices will sky rocket. I have always been spoiled and was able to get tickets without any problems, This is the only year that I wasn't able to get a ticket. SMH.

FunkoNewb
Spirit Award
Spirit Award

Postby FunkoNewb » Wed Mar 07, 2012 3:53 pm

I'd suggest you go to Fundays if you were going to SDCC for Funko. Seperate event, I doubt you'll have problems getting tickets. Plus, you could probably buy some exclusives from some of the funatics.
Mike, ISO Freddy Spider-Man wobbler proto and Green GITD Infredible Hulk wobbler.
IG: mikemcc83

lucky19

Postby lucky19 » Wed Mar 07, 2012 3:54 pm

or wait till the resale the refunded ones, im hoping to nab a Saturday.

Rmedina8804

Postby Rmedina8804 » Wed Mar 07, 2012 3:58 pm

FunkoNewb wrote:I'd suggest you go to Fundays if you were going to SDCC for Funko. Seperate event, I doubt you'll have problems getting tickets. Plus, you could probably buy some exclusives from some of the funatics.

Fun days.. Is that at the convention or a seperate location?

FunkoNewb
Spirit Award
Spirit Award

Postby FunkoNewb » Wed Mar 07, 2012 4:02 pm

Search for it on the board, or read the stickies. Seperate event from Comic Con, held at a seperate location. It will be the gathering of the Funatics. With Brian presenting goodies to everyone, and awards, and giveaways, and all the good stuff.
Mike, ISO Freddy Spider-Man wobbler proto and Green GITD Infredible Hulk wobbler.
IG: mikemcc83

Rmedina8804

Postby Rmedina8804 » Wed Mar 07, 2012 4:41 pm

FunkoNewb wrote:Search for it on the board, or read the stickies. Seperate event from Comic Con, held at a seperate location. It will be the gathering of the Funatics. With Brian presenting goodies to everyone, and awards, and giveaways, and all the good stuff.

I truly must be losing my mind but I can't seem to find any info on fun days besides what Bryan posted which doesn't have event info (which may because it hasn't been fully announced yet). Sorry I'm new here.

glowfunkofreak
HoF 2007 & Spirit
HoF 2007 & Spirit
Location: the other side of the rainbow .. where everything GLOWS !!

Postby glowfunkofreak » Wed Mar 07, 2012 4:44 pm

Rmedina8804 wrote:I live in San Diego but had issues with getting a ticket to sdcc! :/ while your in San Diego is there any other way I can get my hands some of these exclusives and other pops without being at the event. My main reason to even want to giro comic con is for funko, unfortunately they sold out im within 2 hours. It sucks especially since I live 10 minutes away from te convention. Any info is appreciated. "gotta have my pops!"

Just walk in through the back loading dock .. carrying a tool box and drill .. :D
Once a FUNATIC a FUNATIC for LIFE

It's ALL about the FUN
WEBSITE - http://justanotherfunkoobserver.com/

ShoMeNodder
HoF 2007 & CotD
HoF 2007 & CotD

Postby ShoMeNodder » Wed Mar 07, 2012 4:46 pm

My name is Carol, also respond to "Sho"

COTY 2009, 2010, 2012, COTD 2013

Return to “Pop!”