Your display, the Funko way!

We're not talking about soda, folks. This forum is dedicated to Funko's stylish Pop! series of vinyl figures, with or without springs.
Forum rules
This section is for general Pop discussion, not showing off your recent acquisitions. Please use the Dance Hall for collection addition pictures.

Please post Funko subscription box and item discussions in the Powered By Funko section.
nightbodega

Re: Your display, the Funko way!

Postby nightbodega » Wed May 24, 2023 12:12 am

SithLord wrote:Image

Not really a display, but rather a display piece. Story goes like this….

So no ish there I was at a local Hot Topic, the other day, looking for a birthday gift for my son. There was an employee up on a ladder, helping a customer check out some Pops on the top shelf of the Pop wall. The employee finished helping the customer and as he was about to come down the ladder I said, “Hey, while you are up there I’ll take the Funko sign”.

Now usually when I visit any Hot Topic I’ll ask to buy the Funko Sign and Im usually met with the same look, “like really bro!!” Or the girl will giggle and say it isnt for sale. But this employee straight up said “No”. There was an awkward pause as he came down the ladder but then he said, “I have one the the back, for “X” amount its yours, do you want it?”

I quickly replied, “hell ya”. He said, “Great, by the way all of the money will be donated to Mental health awareness.” I then said, “Even better..thats awesome, I am definitely down with that!” So then he comes out from the back and hands me the sign. It had some scratches, but nothing a little love couldn't cure.

I walked out of that Mall with the sign over my head like I won the WWE Championship! lol

Side note: I only placed the sign on the mantel for the picture. There was no way Wifey was going to let me leave it there!!

Dang, congrats on buying it. Is it heavy?

Comicbookwriter

Postby Comicbookwriter » Wed May 24, 2023 1:23 am

So no ish there I was at a local Hot Topic, the other day, looking for a birthday gift for my son. There was an employee up on a ladder, helping a customer check out some Pops on the top shelf of the Pop wall. The employee finished helping the customer and as he was about to come down the ladder I said, “Hey, while you are up there I’ll take the Funko sign”.

Now usually when I visit any Hot Topic I’ll ask to buy the Funko Sign and Im usually met with the same look, “like really bro!!” Or the girl will giggle and say it isnt for sale. But this employee straight up said “No”. There was an awkward pause as he came down the ladder but then he said, “I have one the the back, for “X” amount its yours, do you want it?”

I quickly replied, “hell ya”. He said, “Great, by the way all of the money will be donated to Mental health awareness.” I then said, “Even better..thats awesome, I am definitely down with that!” So then he comes out from the back and hands me the sign. It had some scratches, but nothing a little love couldn't cure.

I walked out of that Mall with the sign over my head like I won the WWE Championship! lol

Side note: I only placed the sign on the mantel for the picture. There was no way Wifey was going to let me leave it there!!

This is amazing and I love the story!!
ImageImageImage

DarkSonic

Postby DarkSonic » Wed May 24, 2023 4:43 am

I love the colour of the sign SithLord.
WonderCon Fun House 23 - Camp Fundays 23

SithLord

Postby SithLord » Wed May 24, 2023 7:12 am

CaliCollectibles wrote:

This is a grail piece, congrats! Note to self: ask every single HT if their sign is for sale. :drunken: Money going to an amazing cause also. Double kudos!

Im not sure if every Hot Topic is the same, but what I found out that day was that HT gets a replacement sign every other year. Typically the old one is supposed to go back to a warehouse, where I assume it gets lost or destroyed like any other retail display. However in my case, the previous manager kept the old signs in the back. There were two. The regional manager instructed the store to sell them. One was sold to a “start up collector” store that sells pops and other collectibles in the mall and the other was sold to me. Needless to say I got lucky.

SithLord

Postby SithLord » Wed May 24, 2023 7:15 am

nightbodega wrote:

Thanks! It does have some weight to it but nothing crazy. I’ll put it on a scale and get back to you!

SithLord

Postby SithLord » Wed May 24, 2023 7:26 am

DarkSonic wrote:I love the colour of the sign SithLord.

I love the color too! I didn’t realize how rich the blue was until it was up close. It really “Pops!” lol

SithLord

Postby SithLord » Wed May 24, 2023 7:31 am

Comicbookwriter wrote:

Thanks.

So as I was about to pay for the sign, the employee goes “You weren’t expecting that to happen when you came in the store were you?” I replied, “Not at all. But I always ask whenever I’m in a Hot Topic. I mean I have to try. You cant win if you don’t try.” And then the customer behind me said “Well I’d say that was a win!” lol

FearlessPhotog

Postby FearlessPhotog » Wed May 24, 2023 9:10 am

SithLord wrote:
Comicbookwriter wrote:

Thanks.

So as I was about to pay for the sign, the employee goes “You weren’t expecting that to happen when you came in the store were you?” I replied, “Not at all. But I always ask whenever I’m in a Hot Topic. I mean I have to try. You cant win if you don’t try.” And then the customer behind me said “Well I’d say that was a win!” lol

very cool story indeed, love the sign!

Johnatron5000

Postby Johnatron5000 » Wed May 24, 2023 9:43 am

All of these are super cool

x88joe88x

Postby x88joe88x » Wed May 24, 2023 11:14 am

Ive never been more jealous...NEED that hot topic display sign haha
Instagram: popstop_nyc
YouTube.com/@popstopnyc
ImageImage Image
Collector since 2013!
750 pops and counting…
NYCC since 2013
SDCC 2023, 2024
C2E2 2024

nightbodega

Postby nightbodega » Wed May 24, 2023 11:54 am

SithLord wrote:
nightbodega wrote:

Thanks! It does have some weight to it but nothing crazy. I’ll put it on a scale and get back to you!

Cool, thanks.

SithLord

Postby SithLord » Wed May 24, 2023 11:58 am

x88joe88x wrote:Ive never been more jealous...NEED that hot topic display sign haha

I’ve been wanting this sign for years! I was the same way “I NEED that sign!” Just got lucky.

Serch_na

Postby Serch_na » Wed May 24, 2023 12:41 pm

After all this years i feel so good with my collection right now, since 2016 ive been from here to there but at this moment i look and i really like how it is, this will change again in a few months when i move again but heres is my tiny but lovely collection. :freddy2:

NYCC 2022
Deadpool - Photography - Mexican

HDawg_Da_Gawd

Postby HDawg_Da_Gawd » Wed May 24, 2023 1:01 pm

This looks pretty cool

FerrisGuy3

Postby FerrisGuy3 » Wed May 24, 2023 1:20 pm

PhoenixForce wrote:We moved and its taken me awhile to get things situated in my office, but I really like how it turned out!!

Looks great. Amazing setup
Hi, I’m Tom. Michigan Based Funatic collecting since 2014

SithLord

Postby SithLord » Wed May 24, 2023 2:31 pm

Serch_na wrote:After all this years i feel so good with my collection right now, since 2016 ive been from here to there but at this moment i look and i really like how it is, this will change again in a few months when i move again but heres is my tiny but lovely collection. :freddy2:

Love the Deadpool wall!!!

JJLecaros

Postby JJLecaros » Wed May 24, 2023 5:08 pm

nice come up on the Funko sign from hot topic.

I like the bins you are using for your comics Serch_na

pinklaquer

Postby pinklaquer » Wed May 24, 2023 6:29 pm

I love all the new posts. I think it’s time to work on my funko room lol

digithor

Postby digithor » Wed May 24, 2023 6:36 pm

LoneWolf72 wrote:
digithor wrote:
LoneWolf72 wrote:I got asked a couple of times for a close up of my Star Wars collection, so here you go.

I like that Frosted Flakes cereal.

It was a give away box they gave us at the Obi-wan panel during Star Wars Celebration. We also got the Star Wars Pringles can there as well.

That's a nice bonus for being at the panel.
SDCC 2018, 2019, 2022, 2023
Fundays 2018, 2019, 2021, 2023
HQ Grand Opening, ECCC Night and meetup at HQ, Hollywood Grand Opening, World Premier Making fun
Horror fanatic, GiTD collector, Star Wars
ImageImageImageImage

TJLAUTERBACH

Postby TJLAUTERBACH » Wed May 24, 2023 8:42 pm

Serch_na wrote:After all this years i feel so good with my collection right now, since 2016 ive been from here to there but at this moment i look and i really like how it is, this will change again in a few months when i move again but heres is my tiny but lovely collection. :freddy2:

Nice Deadpool collection and nice display.

scullysdad

Postby scullysdad » Wed May 24, 2023 9:55 pm

PhoenixForce wrote:We moved and its taken me awhile to get things situated in my office, but I really like how it turned out!!

Spoiler: show

I saw this and Jonathan’s pictures on Facebook and I love it. Super jealous of how organized it all looks, my collection is total chaos.
Please Funko make Taylor Swift Pops!

Most wanted non-Taylor Pops: Carson Teva, Naru from Prey, The Last of Us TV show

scullysdad

Postby scullysdad » Wed May 24, 2023 10:10 pm

Looking for a new job so I decided to rearrange the shelves behind me that show on Zoom.

The Funko logo sign was something I got from FDO9, and I love it. Not sure where to put it though so for now it’s covering up a few Pops on the bottom row. My other shelves next to my desk are too messy to show, but it’s where I have my armored Pops like Freddys and NFT grails.

Last edited by scullysdad on Thu May 25, 2023 8:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
Please Funko make Taylor Swift Pops!

Most wanted non-Taylor Pops: Carson Teva, Naru from Prey, The Last of Us TV show

mattytreks

Postby mattytreks » Wed May 24, 2023 10:20 pm

Wow, you should feel very good about where your collection is at! You can really tell when someone goes the extra mile to give attention to detail with organizing and arranging items in a very thoughtful way. Keep up the great work!

Serch_na

Postby Serch_na » Thu May 25, 2023 12:22 am

mattytreks wrote:

Wow, you should feel very good about where your collection is at! You can really tell when someone goes the extra mile to give attention to detail with organizing and arranging items in a very thoughtful way. Keep up the great work!

Yup, ive always tried to mantain an equilibrum with the space that i have, who knows what happen the next year when i have my own space :freddy2:
NYCC 2022
Deadpool - Photography - Mexican

Isouza75

Postby Isouza75 » Thu May 25, 2023 12:47 am

I need to start organizing the pops I have. You guys all have great sets & ideas on how to showcase them.

SithLord

Postby SithLord » Thu May 25, 2023 7:17 am

scullysdad wrote:Looking for a new job so I decided to rearrange the shelves behind me that show on Zoom.

The Funko logo sign was something I got from FDO9, and I love it. Not sure where to put it though so for now it’s covering up a few Pops on the bottom row. My others shelves next to my desk are too messy to show, but it’s where I have my armored Pops like Freddys and NFT grails.

I love the Zoom background idea. Kind of a “shock and awe” effect. And the Max proto!!!!! Just jelly!! lol

hailmary25

Postby hailmary25 » Thu May 25, 2023 10:33 am

nightbodega wrote:
SithLord wrote:
nightbodega wrote:

Cool, thanks.

Love the last line where will the final place be?
Signed Pops:101
MM: 116
Pops :554
First Pop: Jax Teller
Most Recent: Signed DW Silence
Top Pop: Cobweb Bilbo

PhoenixForce

Postby PhoenixForce » Thu May 25, 2023 6:00 pm

scullysdad wrote:

Spoiler: show

I saw this and Jonathan’s pictures on Facebook and I love it. Super jealous of how organized it all looks, my collection is total chaos.

Thank you! It took a lot of time for sure. All of our inbox pops are in storage, so that helps with the displays.

Hi, I'm JASON!
You can follow me on Instagram: @jpg_rising or on Twitter: @jpg_rising
I also have an Instagram just for my Funko Photography: @PhoenixForcePhotos
I've been collecting since 2013: It started with Marvel and quickly became a collection of, a little bit of everything in between!

Mjacob78

Postby Mjacob78 » Thu May 25, 2023 9:30 pm

SithLord wrote:
Comicbookwriter wrote:

Thanks.

Wow that’s an awesome sign!! You are so lucky!! It looks great on your mantle lol.
Gotta love those pops :freddy2:
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImage

Dahhaka1435

Postby Dahhaka1435 » Thu May 25, 2023 11:14 pm

I love the colour of the sign SithLord!!

El_PANDA

Postby El_PANDA » Fri May 26, 2023 2:57 am

FearlessPhotog wrote:
SithLord wrote:
Comicbookwriter wrote:

Thanks.

very cool story indeed, love the sign!

Also love the sign awesome piece to comes across and a way to give back

El_PANDA

Postby El_PANDA » Fri May 26, 2023 2:59 am

FerrisGuy3 wrote:

Looks great. Amazing setup

Really awesome setup looks beautiful and organized

Lord Bacon

Postby Lord Bacon » Fri May 26, 2023 12:02 pm

What an amazing collection! Really digging that Star Wars shelf, especially that Black Series Dengar. It's one of my favorite figures.
Image Image Image Image Image

Trendkill24hr

Postby Trendkill24hr » Fri May 26, 2023 5:54 pm

scullysdad wrote:Looking for a new job so I decided to rearrange the shelves behind me that show on Zoom.

The Funko logo sign was something I got from FDO9, and I love it. Not sure where to put it though so for now it’s covering up a few Pops on the bottom row. My other shelves next to my desk are too messy to show, but it’s where I have my armored Pops like Freddys and NFT grails.

That sign is sweet, It looks good where it’s at for now though
"Being a geek means never having to play it cool about how much you like something" Simon Pegg

Call me C.J. :)
Events: Fundays 2022 & 2023, Fright Night 2022, FDO9
Collection: 372 pieces as of 03/25/24
ISO Proto: Paka Paka Dragon

Trendkill24hr

Postby Trendkill24hr » Fri May 26, 2023 5:55 pm

That’s a pretty sweet Deadpool collection you have there
"Being a geek means never having to play it cool about how much you like something" Simon Pegg

Call me C.J. :)
Events: Fundays 2022 & 2023, Fright Night 2022, FDO9
Collection: 372 pieces as of 03/25/24
ISO Proto: Paka Paka Dragon

thejosh2010
HoF 2020 & CotM
HoF 2020 & CotM

Postby thejosh2010 » Sun May 28, 2023 11:20 pm

Definitely some cool displays!! Love seeing how people organize plus the particular lines and characters that draw them into funko.
COTM 01/18
HALL OF FAME 2020 #79
IG: THEJOSH2010
Funko LOVE in the Heart of the Appalachia

DarkSonic

Postby DarkSonic » Mon May 29, 2023 3:55 pm

Need to rework my displays after seeing all these awesome ideas
WonderCon Fun House 23 - Camp Fundays 23

binarykaos

Postby binarykaos » Mon May 29, 2023 5:08 pm

Amazing collection! Would be the best Zoom background:)

SpaceDude
Rookie Of The year
Rookie Of The year

Postby SpaceDude » Tue May 30, 2023 9:29 am

Wow!! Now that’s awesome!! Congrats! Also the money went to such a good cause!! =D> =D>
Tate/SpaceDude's Pop Vault :freddy3:
2020 Rookie of the Year
Instagram: spacedudespopvault
Facebook: Tate McCarty
Colorado Funatic

nightbodega

Postby nightbodega » Tue May 30, 2023 7:41 pm

Looks good. Seeing that I live in an earthquake prone area, I’m always afraid to stack my pops in that manner.

Return to “Pop!”