Aust Pop!

We're not talking about soda, folks. This forum is dedicated to Funko's stylish Pop! series of vinyl figures, with or without springs.
Forum rules
This section is for general Pop discussion, not showing off your recent acquisitions. Please use the Dance Hall for collection addition pictures.

Please post Funko subscription box and item discussions in the Powered By Funko section.
sophie_dee11

Aust Pop!

Postby sophie_dee11 » Sun May 06, 2012 2:44 am

Thought I'd show what the best Pop! store here looks like. There's a few more that are in the glass cabinets up the front of the store.. at the moment I think they have a Loki, Avengers Thor, Homer, Bart and Krusty sitting in the cabinets. There's some wobblers scattered around as well. Wolverine, Magneto, Howard from Big Bang Theory.. some others. Sorry for crappy photos. I always feel like I'm doing something wrong when I take photos in shops so I kinda rush it and look around very suspiciously haha.

We actually got in a new Spiderman.. I was surprised it was so soon. One Loki there and two penguins. There is the other Loki up the front of the store. What's really strange is I saw them unboxing the Funko products when they got them and they had multiple of the new Avengers Pop!, but there weren't any on the sheves or visible in the store.... so they must be keeping some things out the back.

Star Wars section with two Han and one Greedo. You can see the Star Wars wobblers, there's a force Boba.. they had a few Wisecracks.

So anyway, that's an example of the best place to get Funko products here. The few other places only have about 5 or so Pop or just some Wobblers. Usually not even that much. You get the occasional good find. I actually found some of the SDCC Blox in Toyworld once.... And I remember back before I was into Pop they had the SDCC 2010 Batman. That was back over a year ago though... and they only had one. I remember because I was going to buy my boyfriend one and I was trying to decide on which colour. Then he talked me out of it haha. If only I had known back then!

singerguy04

Re: Aust Pop!

Postby singerguy04 » Sun May 06, 2012 2:54 am

OMG!!! That is the type of store I would LOVE to find around me. There's 11 pops I've been looking for there in that first image I have never seen in the wild! Out of curiosity, how much to pop's sell for in Oz?
I'm Jeffrey!
IN SEARCH OF: SDCC '15 - Rapunzel w/Frying Pan, Flame Anger, Both Baymax, Regina
NYCC '15 - Blue Mater, Flocked Stitch

sophie_dee11

Postby sophie_dee11 » Sun May 06, 2012 3:17 am

This store sells them for $14.95, but there are others that have them for $19.95 and one place for $25! I only buy them locally if they're for $15.

gokou105
Hall of Fame Class of 2022

Postby gokou105 » Sun May 06, 2012 3:55 am

Didn't know they were that expensive there...its usually $9, except for Hot Topic and Disney Store $13.
Calvin

sophie_dee11

Postby sophie_dee11 » Sun May 06, 2012 4:08 am

Yup, everything seems to be more expensive here. I collect Monster High dolls too... well, I was. Not so much now, but anyway the regulars cost $20 in the US and $30 here. Ones that are $25 in the US are $40 here. It's ridiculous.

gokou105

Postby gokou105 » Sun May 06, 2012 4:55 am

Big difference in prices...must be the import fees or something. I also collect Kidrobot but I'm done for now or least the ones I can afford. I'm waiting for the next series to come out and I just saw some new PVC figures called DC Little Mates that I'm thinking about getting when it comes out in the U.S. Its out in Europe already...here's some link:

http://www.little-mates.com/personajes_en.php
Calvin

sophie_dee11

Postby sophie_dee11 » Sun May 06, 2012 6:25 am

I have some Kidrobot things too... they're pretty hard to get here though. So I dont have many. I love Dunny's!

Those Little Mates look awesome... I'm going to have to remember them! If you get them definitely post some pics in the other discussions!

batmanfunatic92

Postby batmanfunatic92 » Sun May 06, 2012 11:56 am

Wow... those little mates are awesome looking... depending on what their packaging looks like, I might have to start collecting some :)

Jango_Fresh
HoF 2015 & RotY
HoF 2015 & RotY

Postby Jango_Fresh » Sun May 06, 2012 11:58 am

Store looks great, got a bunch of hard to find pops!
2012 Rookie of the Year

edorice
Hall of Fame Class of 2015
Hall of Fame Class of 2015

Postby edorice » Sun May 06, 2012 12:14 pm

I would love to walk into a store like that. It's great that they still have some of the retired items. Sad about the prices though. Keep the info coming Sophie, I love to see what's POPping in other countries.

gokou105

Postby gokou105 » Sun May 06, 2012 1:41 pm

sophie_dee11 wrote:I have some Kidrobot things too... they're pretty hard to get here though. So I dont have many. I love Dunny's!

Those Little Mates look awesome... I'm going to have to remember them! If you get them definitely post some pics in the other discussions!

If you are looking for any Kidrobot, I can try to get them and ship it to you...but not sure if its worth it for shipping. I guess it would be worth it if you get a bunch of stuff. Just let me know if you want any Kidrobot stuff and I can always check the store since I live 10 minutes away from one.

As soon as I get the Little Mates, I will definitely post it on the forum...I just thought they looked pretty cool. I actually found them on E-bay and did some research on them while I was looking at PVC Ame Comi figures.
Calvin

Meth68

Postby Meth68 » Sun May 06, 2012 2:07 pm

Loki, Penguin, Han Solo and all that pop, man my stores stink around here :/
Vinny
Mainly collecting Freddy's now. :freddy2:

Pumpkin King

Postby Pumpkin King » Sun May 06, 2012 2:10 pm

Sweet!
COTM October 2010

The Crusher of Dreams

FunkoNewb
Spirit Award
Spirit Award

Aust Pop!

Postby FunkoNewb » Sun May 06, 2012 3:10 pm

Very cool. They carry a lot of funko.
Mike, ISO Freddy Spider-Man wobbler proto and Green GITD Infredible Hulk wobbler.
IG: mikemcc83

sophie_dee11

Postby sophie_dee11 » Mon May 07, 2012 12:41 am

gokou105 wrote:
sophie_dee11 wrote:I have some Kidrobot things too... they're pretty hard to get here though. So I dont have many. I love Dunny's!

If you are looking for any Kidrobot, I can try to get them and ship it to you...but not sure if its worth it for shipping. I guess it would be worth it if you get a bunch of stuff. Just let me know if you want any Kidrobot stuff and I can always check the store since I live 10 minutes away from one.

As soon as I get the Little Mates, I will definitely post it on the forum...I just thought they looked pretty cool. I actually found them on E-bay and did some research on them while I was looking at PVC Ame Comi figures.

I might take you up on that later down the track. There isn't anything too drastic at the moment... plus I need to have a break on spending! But thanks for the offer, I'll let you know if there's any I really want :D

As for Game Traders, they are a really good store! The guys that work there are great too. The one at Northlakes (this one is Chermside) sells Pop for $20 and they only have 10 max in the store. I never go there! This one gets new stock every fortnight so I try to go and check it out. They're going to be getting the new Star Wars ones and whatnot when they come out so depending on the shipping costs on eBay I might be getting them locally instead. I've bought a few things from eBay that have saved me $20 or so even with the shipping... so it just depends. The guy that does the stock said he was thinking about putting the price up... I hope he doesn't because then there's no way I'll buy them there. I think $15 is the max they should be. Hopefully I talked him out of it!

theincredible.HULK

Postby theincredible.HULK » Wed May 09, 2012 1:44 am

Do they have the dc universe pop bobbleheads there? Like Batman, superman, greenlantern ?

sophie_dee11

Postby sophie_dee11 » Wed May 09, 2012 8:55 am

I'm not sure... I never look that closely for ones I already have. I'll have a look next time I'm in there for you though!

Death Proof

Postby Death Proof » Wed May 09, 2012 9:57 pm

nice store sophie!!
Peace Love and POP!
- Steve U.

Instagram: Firewater1983

calcnerd

Postby calcnerd » Wed May 09, 2012 10:42 pm

wow i'm jealous!
Hi. My name is Tim