chase question

We're not talking about soda, folks. This forum is dedicated to Funko's stylish Pop! series of vinyl figures, with or without springs.
Forum rules
This section is for general Pop discussion, not showing off your recent acquisitions. Please use the Dance Hall for collection addition pictures.

Please post Funko subscription box and item discussions in the Powered By Funko section.
pezman

chase question

Postby pezman » Sun Jun 24, 2012 3:42 pm

Which pop get chases? I always thought they all did, but noticed some sets don't have them. (at least that I have seen yet)

Is there any idea of number made of each. (maybe ballpark)

Thanks,

TZ
Tom Z.

edorice
Hall of Fame Class of 2015

Re: chase question

Postby edorice » Sun Jun 24, 2012 3:59 pm

viewtopic.php?f=62&t=29446&hilit=chase+question

I believe to licensing issues, not every Pop can be made into a chase. There are some answers in the thread above.

sclarke03

Postby sclarke03 » Sun Jun 24, 2012 6:08 pm

It's probably for the best that every figure doesn't have a chase. There are lots that have chases that I couldn't care less about, but then there are also some that don't that I really wish did.
Steve

WANTED: Purple Tuxedo Freddy!!!!

TanyaTate

Postby TanyaTate » Sun Jun 24, 2012 6:46 pm

I only really like the flocked chase figures. So far I have Gizmo and Chewbacca. :)
WANTED: Hanna Barbara Huckleberry Hound POP Dark Purple, Light Purple, Orange, Red, Pink, Green and Dorbz Purple, Orange
My Youtube Channel

groundhog7s

Postby groundhog7s » Sun Jun 24, 2012 7:01 pm

I'm so thankful that every line doesn't have chases and am thrilled that there are very few new ones being made. My wallet can only take so much...
www.8-BitHero.com
redesigning pop culture one pixel at a time

jake1977jr

Postby jake1977jr » Sun Jun 24, 2012 8:14 pm

TanyaTate wrote:I only really like the flocked chase figures. So far I have Gizmo and Chewbacca. :)

Those are the only two I have so far.Flocked Lotso is the one I really want.And hopefully someday,Flocked Sulley.I agree with you,the Flocked figures are awesome.I hope we get a Flocked Fozzie Bear too.

TanyaTate

Postby TanyaTate » Sun Jun 24, 2012 9:43 pm

I had a chance to buy a Flocked Sulley once at $50 and passed it up thinking it would drop a little in price. My mistake, LOL.
WANTED: Hanna Barbara Huckleberry Hound POP Dark Purple, Light Purple, Orange, Red, Pink, Green and Dorbz Purple, Orange
My Youtube Channel

Kitzka
HoF 2017 & CotM
HoF 2017 & CotM

Postby Kitzka » Sun Jun 24, 2012 9:48 pm

TanyaTate wrote:I had a chance to buy a Flocked Sulley once at $50 and passed it up thinking it would drop a little in price. My mistake, LOL.

Tanya:

Sadly I'm sure we all have those stories...

Lara

Looking for Care Bear Protos

pezman

Postby pezman » Sun Jun 24, 2012 9:52 pm

I love the idea of chases. It keeps me looking for them all over the place. Wish there were a few more places around me that carried them . Most places have 5-6 on display so not much chance to find any there.

I kinda wish they all had chases so maybe I could find one I didn't like, to trade for one I did.

Tz
Tom Z.

batmanfunatic92

Postby batmanfunatic92 » Sun Jun 24, 2012 11:02 pm

Wish there were more chases too. More chases means more people could find them, probably lower prices, and more trades...

pezman

Postby pezman » Mon Jun 25, 2012 11:56 am

Would it be better or worse if the chases did not have a sticker on the box?

Good: businesses would not pull them and sell for more. Harder for non collectors to scoop them up to flip.

Bad: people may not find them as easy.

I kinda like having to look closer than having a big sticker tell me it is special. At least they are not blind boxed so you can't tell until it is opened. Hate that!

whaddaya think?
Tom Z.

edorice

Postby edorice » Mon Jun 25, 2012 1:52 pm

I do hate that non-collectors/flippers scoop them up and resale them for more. And now the retailers are doing the same thing on Ebay. The retailers doing it makes it even worse, because unless we find a chase at Hot Topics or Barnes and Noble then we're at their mercy.

Justin-Griffen

Postby Justin-Griffen » Wed Jun 27, 2012 7:18 am

jake1977jr wrote:
TanyaTate wrote:I only really like the flocked chase figures. So far I have Gizmo and Chewbacca. :)

Those are the only two I have so far.Flocked Lotso is the one I really want.And hopefully someday,Flocked Sulley.I agree with you,the Flocked figures are awesome.I hope we get a Flocked Fozzie Bear too.

...Flocka, flocka!
I'm Justin.

Jax

Postby Jax » Wed Jun 27, 2012 8:18 am

batmanfunatic92 wrote:Wish there were more chases too. More chases means more people could find them, probably lower prices, and more trades...

I don't know... I'd love to be able to find more chases, but if you mass produce them and make them readily available, they aren't really chases. They would just be alternate versions of an existing Pop. I kinda like the rarity of a chase, the enjoyment you get out of hunting them down and actually finding one.

TanyaTate

Postby TanyaTate » Thu Jun 28, 2012 12:20 pm

Justin-Griffen wrote:
jake1977jr wrote:

...Flocka, flocka!

Yes, the situaton was all was flocked. :D
My Youtube Channel

Return to “Pop!”