Please Note: New User Registrations and username/email address changes will be on hold from May 29th, 2024 through June 3rd, 2024

New collector

We're not talking about soda, folks. This forum is dedicated to Funko's stylish Pop! series of vinyl figures, with or without springs.
Forum rules
This section is for general Pop discussion, not showing off your recent acquisitions. Please use the Dance Hall for collection addition pictures.

Please post Funko subscription box and item discussions in the Powered By Funko section.
felfelcat

New collector

Postby felfelcat » Mon Jun 25, 2012 8:11 am

Hello everyone,
my name is Felix and this is my first post. I'm a new collector, I got into Pop! when I first saw the Avenger set@ Target and now I'm really going crazy for them. I have been reading this forum quite a bit and have gotten tons of great information (especially the one about the $5 Pop! from Disney, what perfect timing!). I also have purchased the DC series 3 set since then. Being very new to the world of Pop! I have a few questions:

1. I'm very interested in doing some custom Pop!(mostly painting over existing Pop!) but am afraid of the legal infringement issue i have so often read on websites. if someone can share some insight on it, I'd really appreciate that.

2. I went thru 3 different B/N yesterday and didn't find any Chase that people are talking about on the forum. My question is, how often does one find a Chase in stores like B/N, Target, Toysrus, Bestbuy and etc? or I just have to buy them online?

Thank you and I can't wait to share all my exciting Pop! experience with you all!
Hello this is Felix
Waiting patiently for Final Fantasy Pops!

ShoMeNodder
HoF 2007 & CotD
HoF 2007 & CotD

Re: New collector

Postby ShoMeNodder » Mon Jun 25, 2012 8:17 am

Hi Felix and welcome ! Please formally introduce yourself in our Welcome to Funkoland section.
My name is Carol, also respond to "Sho"

COTY 2009, 2010, 2012, COTD 2013

Alleycat
HoF 2008 & CotY
HoF 2008 & CotY

Postby Alleycat » Mon Jun 25, 2012 9:56 am

Hi, Felix. From all the customs being done by Funatics over the past year, I'm not aware of any legal infringement issues.

As for Chase - it's all just a matter of luck and making friends with the folks at the stores. Although I'm not the one to be giving advice on this - I've only found one chase "in the Wild" ever since I've started to collect Funko 7 years ago.

But, many folks here have had way more luck than I.

Have Fun!!!!

Craig here......

Jango_Fresh
HoF 2015 & RotY
HoF 2015 & RotY

Postby Jango_Fresh » Mon Jun 25, 2012 10:49 am

I think most companies overlook fan customs, unless people are selling lots of them. I remember a while back some guy was doing amazing customs of a super hero, and was selling them, he had to shut it down because he was contacted by lawyers. Again I don't know the exact laws, but customizing pops is great fun.
2012 Rookie of the Year

HiMyNameIsSean
HoF 2018 & CotM
HoF 2018 & CotM

Postby HiMyNameIsSean » Mon Jun 25, 2012 11:30 am

Hi Felix! My names Sean, and I'm brand new to the forum also, but not new to Funko or collecting, it's all up to chance at finding a Chase, I actually ran into a Chase batman at a local Journeys shoe store the other day of all places!

I wish you luck in finding a chase!

Since I'm brand new to the forum as well I don't know if I'm the one to say it, but welcome to the forum! ^_^
Hi My Name Is Sean!

ShoMeNodder
HoF 2007 & CotD
HoF 2007 & CotD

Postby ShoMeNodder » Mon Jun 25, 2012 11:32 am

Sean, why don't you introduce yourself in Welcome to Funkoland so we can officially welcome you.
My name is Carol, also respond to "Sho"

COTY 2009, 2010, 2012, COTD 2013

felfelcat

Postby felfelcat » Mon Jun 25, 2012 11:34 am

Thank you for the warm welcome everyone!
Hello this is Felix

edorice
Hall of Fame Class of 2015
Hall of Fame Class of 2015

Postby edorice » Mon Jun 25, 2012 3:26 pm

I've never seen a Pop! at Toys R Us or Best Buy. I've only found a chase in the wild at Hot Topics and Barnes & Noble.

Pumpkin King

Postby Pumpkin King » Mon Jun 25, 2012 8:40 pm

Welcome, kiss your wallet good bye!
COTM October 2010

The Crusher of Dreams

DocRamon

Postby DocRamon » Mon Jun 25, 2012 8:58 pm

Target doesn't carry any pops that have chases right now. they just have the new spider-man and the avengers on clearance. toys r us only carries the avengers in store -- again no chases -- but they do have some DC ones online. you could try your luck, i suppose. i have only heard of best buy carrying star wars pops -- another line with no chases -- and even then i think it was only in canada maybe.

i've found 5 chases... 2 at frys, 2 at a local toy store and 1 at b&n. there really isn't any trick, because it's so random. there's no guarantee that a particular store ever gets a chase in any shipment, so it's really just about persistance.

felfelcat

Postby felfelcat » Mon Jun 25, 2012 9:44 pm

DocRamon wrote:Target doesn't carry any pops that have chases right now. they just have the new spider-man and the avengers on clearance. toys r us only carries the avengers in store -- again no chases -- but they do have some DC ones online. you could try your luck, i suppose. i have only heard of best buy carrying star wars pops -- another line with no chases -- and even then i think it was only in canada maybe.

i've found 5 chases... 2 at frys, 2 at a local toy store and 1 at b&n. there really isn't any trick, because it's so random. there's no guarantee that a particular store ever gets a chase in any shipment, so it's really just about persistance.

Thanks for the info! definitely good, and yes I went to two different Toysrus today and they got nothing except a spiderman pop! I found the selection at BnN a lot better!
Hello this is Felix

felfelcat

Postby felfelcat » Mon Jun 25, 2012 9:45 pm

Pumpkin King wrote:Welcome, kiss your wallet good bye!

lol just don't let my girlfriend know hahaha.
Hello this is Felix

Return to “Pop!”