Official Disney UPDATES - Updated 4/16/18

We're not talking about soda, folks. This forum is dedicated to Funko's stylish Pop! series of vinyl figures, with or without springs.
Forum rules
This section is for general Pop discussion, not showing off your recent acquisitions. Please use the Dance Hall for collection addition pictures.

Please post Funko subscription box and item discussions in the Powered By Funko section.
Jon319jon

Re: Official Disney UPDATES - Updated 4/16/18

Postby Jon319jon » Mon Apr 23, 2018 11:09 am

Thank you for this post. As a Disney fan, I appreciate this so much

Rara25

Postby Rara25 » Mon Apr 23, 2018 11:42 am

I'm quite stumped how Mike wasn't included in the new Monsters Inc line refresh. I thought maybe he'd be included as part of the Emerald City Exclusives being green and all but he was a no show. Our only hope is that he'll be released as a SDCC/convention exclusive, but if not, I really don't know why they've left him out of the new line. Being 1 of 2 of the main characters. The new Sulley looks amazing, very large too!

I also hope the Aladdin pop holding the lamp we saw in the toy fair catalog will get released as a sdcc exclusive or something. Really prefer that variant. Hopefully it comes to pass.

tigsabud1

Postby tigsabud1 » Mon Apr 23, 2018 11:50 am

Rara25 wrote:I'm quite stumped how Mike wasn't included in the new Monsters Inc line refresh. I thought maybe he'd be included as part of the Emerald City Exclusives being green and all but he was a no show. Our only hope is that he'll be released as a SDCC/convention exclusive, but if not, I really don't know why they've left him out of the new line. Being 1 of 2 of the main characters. The new Sulley looks amazing, very large too!

I agree! I just got the new set a few days ago, and he's a glaring omission! My only hope is that he'll be part of a 2nd wave. There's enough characters to warrant a 2nd series- Celia, a new Randall, Waternoose, Abominable Snowman, CDA Agent, etc.
:dkjoker1:

Rara25

Postby Rara25 » Mon Apr 23, 2018 11:59 am

tigsabud1 wrote:
Rara25 wrote:I'm quite stumped how Mike wasn't included in the new Monsters Inc line refresh. I thought maybe he'd be included as part of the Emerald City Exclusives being green and all but he was a no show. Our only hope is that he'll be released as a SDCC/convention exclusive, but if not, I really don't know why they've left him out of the new line. Being 1 of 2 of the main characters. The new Sulley looks amazing, very large too!

I agree! I just got the new set a few days ago, and he's a glaring omission! My only hope is that he'll be part of a 2nd wave. There's enough characters to warrant a 2nd series- Celia, a new Randall, Waternoose, Abominable Snowman, CDA Agent, etc.

That's very true. Theres more characters left than I thought! Though that would mean a long wait as this wave has only just been released ](*,) As long as he hasn't been forgotten, i'm fine with that. I'm intrigued to see the new mould for him as the original looks a bit odd imo. Tbf its a very early days Pop.

And unless anyone didn't notice or mentioned it already, the box doesn't say 'Monster's Inc', it only appears to say 'Monsters'. Interesting... :-k

Battastic
Collector of the Month
Collector of the Month

Postby Battastic » Mon Apr 23, 2018 12:13 pm

Rara25 wrote:
tigsabud1 wrote:

That's very true. Theres more characters left than I thought! Though that would mean a long wait as this wave has only just been released ](*,) As long as he hasn't been forgotten, i'm fine with that. I'm intrigued to see the new mould for him as the original looks a bit odd imo. Tbf its a very early days Pop.

And unless anyone didn't notice or mentioned it already, the box doesn't say 'Monster's Inc', it only appears to say 'Monsters'. Interesting... :-k

I'm holding out for a 2nd wave as well:
Mike Wazowski
Randall
Celia (chase w/ neck brace; HT Exclusive w/ snake hair standing up)
Mr. Waternoose
"If you can't have fun, if you can't laugh, if you can't enjoy it...it's not worth it." - Joey

Rara25

Postby Rara25 » Mon Apr 23, 2018 12:23 pm

Battastic wrote:
Rara25 wrote:
tigsabud1 wrote:

I'm holding out for a 2nd wave as well:
Mike Wazowski
Randall
Celia (chase w/ neck brace; HT Exclusive w/ snake hair standing up)
Mr. Waternoose

That seems like a solid 2nd wave which pretty much completes the characters and ends the line... unless they want to integrate monsters university characters into the line that is.

I'm very selective with Pops so i'm pretty easy. I'm only after Sulley & Mike lol

Vypinoy

Postby Vypinoy » Mon Apr 23, 2018 10:32 pm

clutch09 wrote:
Vypinoy wrote:Flocked Sulley Hot Topic right?! yessss

that's the rumor. and I hope it's true

Hope so too! (btw 300th post! woohoo)
**IF EMAILING ME THRU PROFILE DOES NOT WORK PLEASE SEND PM**

LA BASED
LAKERS 24/7
Started Collecting Summer'14
Mystified by the sold out Groot; Stayed for the Community
:director: Working and having fun in TV/Film

ImageImage

kickinit

Postby kickinit » Mon Apr 23, 2018 11:01 pm

Vypinoy wrote:
clutch09 wrote:
Vypinoy wrote:Flocked Sulley Hot Topic right?! yessss

Flocked Sulley would be awesome

likquidpopx

Postby likquidpopx » Tue Apr 24, 2018 12:24 am

Flocked Sully at HT, yup. Get ready everyone!
Orange County, CA
Instagram: FunkoPopx

mel18213

Postby mel18213 » Tue Apr 24, 2018 12:32 am

kickinit wrote:
Vypinoy wrote:
clutch09 wrote:

Yup that’s what the word is on the street that Hot Topic is going to have the flocked Sulley soon

clutch09

Postby clutch09 » Tue Apr 24, 2018 10:38 pm

mel18213 wrote:
kickinit wrote:
Vypinoy wrote:

Yup that’s what the word is on the street that Hot Topic is going to have the flocked Sulley soon

I've seen pics of it with a green flocked sticker instead of pink.... wonder why?
No need to call me sir or mister.... David is fine.
Currently collecting SW, DC, Marvel, Conans and anything else that catches my eye, mostly anything chrome or GITD

Vypinoy

Postby Vypinoy » Tue Apr 24, 2018 10:58 pm

clutch09 wrote:
mel18213 wrote:
kickinit wrote:

I've seen pics of it with a green flocked sticker instead of pink.... wonder why?

whered you see that?

LA BASED
LAKERS 24/7

ImageImage

wolfy233

Postby wolfy233 » Tue Apr 24, 2018 11:52 pm

clutch09 wrote:
mel18213 wrote:
kickinit wrote:

Same thing happened with the flocked Geoffrey. There will be only one color sticker, whichever they decide on, it'll just be the one.

clutch09

Postby clutch09 » Wed Apr 25, 2018 1:56 am

Vypinoy wrote:
clutch09 wrote:
mel18213 wrote:

whered you see that?

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bh4hLI_FOM6/
Currently collecting SW, DC, Marvel, Conans and anything else that catches my eye, mostly anything chrome or GITD

mel18213

Postby mel18213 » Wed Apr 25, 2018 11:17 am

clutch09 wrote:
Vypinoy wrote:
clutch09 wrote:

whered you see that?

I saw it on someone’s Instagram post that gives people heads up about future releases

mel18213

Postby mel18213 » Wed Apr 25, 2018 11:18 am

mel18213 wrote:
clutch09 wrote:
Vypinoy wrote:
whered you see that?

I saw it on someone’s Instagram post that gives people heads up about future releases

Yup that’s the post

clutch09

Postby clutch09 » Wed Apr 25, 2018 6:47 pm

mel18213 wrote:
mel18213 wrote:

Yup that’s the post

i'm not THAT big of a sticker snob.... but I do notice big changes.... lol

wolfy233

Postby wolfy233 » Thu Apr 26, 2018 1:21 am

mel18213 wrote:
clutch09 wrote:
Vypinoy wrote:
whered you see that?

Eh, I'm fine with it. I never mind when they mix it up with the stickers, even if it's just the color. Maybe because it's a new retailer?

Vypinoy

Postby Vypinoy » Thu Apr 26, 2018 2:22 am

mel18213 wrote:
mel18213 wrote:

Yup that’s the post

man how soon is coming soon tho eeeek

LA BASED
LAKERS 24/7

ImageImage

clutch09

Postby clutch09 » Thu Apr 26, 2018 9:11 am

wolfy233 wrote:
mel18213 wrote:

Eh, I'm fine with it. I never mind when they mix it up with the stickers, even if it's just the color. Maybe because it's a new retailer?

It was supposed to be TRU.... now it's HT. But that pic had neither sticker on it. Maybe that's an overseas glam?

clutch09

Postby clutch09 » Thu Apr 26, 2018 9:12 am

Vypinoy wrote:
mel18213 wrote:
mel18213 wrote:

Yup that’s the post

man how soon is coming soon tho eeeek

Collecting Funko products tests everyone's patience. Lol

glassflippers

Postby glassflippers » Thu Apr 26, 2018 9:22 am

That IG post is gone now. I wonder who or what prompted them to take it down.

clutch09

Postby clutch09 » Thu Apr 26, 2018 2:45 pm

glassflippers wrote:That IG post is gone now. I wonder who or what prompted them to take it down.

which post?

glassflippers

Postby glassflippers » Thu Apr 26, 2018 6:51 pm

clutch09 wrote:
glassflippers wrote:That IG post is gone now. I wonder who or what prompted them to take it down.

which post?

The one that everyone has a link to in the past half dozen or so comments.

partner-in-crime

Postby partner-in-crime » Thu Apr 26, 2018 6:58 pm

Ive seen even on some FB groups where the admins say you can't post until Funko officially says, but IG, that is unusual, unless they came into the information through someone who got in trouble for sharing. Just guessing.
Hello funatics, I'm Alana and I love collecting dragon pops.

FUNDAYS 2016, 2018, 2019, 2022
FDO LA 8
World Premiere Making Fun
FUNKO Hollywood Grand Opening
[color=#FF8000]Mask O Raid 2022[/color]

Afrofreddy

Postby Afrofreddy » Thu Apr 26, 2018 7:36 pm

Does anyone know if Harlequinn Demon or snowman jack ever come out?
Hi, my name is Sean

Image ImageImageImageImage

clutch09

Postby clutch09 » Fri Apr 27, 2018 1:32 am

Slogan2015 wrote:Does anyone know if Harlequinn Demon or snowman jack ever come out?

not yet... they were both spotted on the back of the box from sally at NYCC 2016 so everyone assumed they would come out by NYCC 2017.... alas, nothing has come out yet

nascar246788

Postby nascar246788 » Fri Apr 27, 2018 2:36 am

I also hope the Aladdin pop holding the lamp we saw in the toy fair catalog will get released as a sdcc exclusive or something. Really prefer that variant. Hopefully it comes to pass.

I agree. I really want a Mike funko pop to go with sulley and boo. I also would love to see Aladdin pop holding the lamp.
Collecting since 2014

wolfy233

Postby wolfy233 » Fri Apr 27, 2018 10:02 am

nascar246788 wrote:

I agree. I really want a Mike funko pop to go with sulley and boo. I also would love to see Aladdin pop holding the lamp.

Just like with Edna, when I didn't see Mike I immediately thought of a con exclusive. Seems to be the m.o. of Funko.

PinkyJo

Postby PinkyJo » Fri Apr 27, 2018 10:06 am

I’m excited about the Flocked Sulley and I’m happy he’ll be available at Hot Topic.
Call me JoAnne. I've lost count of how many Pops I have.

Afrofreddy

Postby Afrofreddy » Fri Apr 27, 2018 10:41 am

clutch09 wrote:
Slogan2015 wrote:Does anyone know if Harlequinn Demon or snowman jack ever come out?

not yet... they were both spotted on the back of the box from sally at NYCC 2016 so everyone assumed they would come out by NYCC 2017.... alas, nothing has come out yet

Well I'm just glad I didn't miss it thank you
Hi, my name is Sean

Image ImageImageImageImage

Rara25

Postby Rara25 » Sat Apr 28, 2018 7:13 am

On the Funko twitter Q&A someone asked where the new Mike Wazowski pop was in the wave? Funko replied saying 'We didn't resculpt him because it would look pretty much the same".

Its not much of an excuse imo and don't really believe that as they've produced loads of new pops that are pretty much identical to previous releases. Plus they could easily enhance the older mold with a mouth, a different arm pose and a better shape. (Like they did with Minions when you compare the sculpts from despicable me pops to minion movie/despicable me 3 pops). I think they are just holding it back for a 2nd wave or exclusive... well I hope so anyway :eek:

Mjacob78

Postby Mjacob78 » Sat Apr 28, 2018 7:48 pm

It would be cool if they had an abominable flocked holding snow cones
Gotta love those pops :freddy2:
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImage

nikkadaniella

Postby nikkadaniella » Sat Apr 28, 2018 8:05 pm

With the reveal of the HT exclusive Powerline Pop, are you guys hoping for more Goofy Movie Pops!

I really am hoping for them.

"Yo, Stacey! Talk to meh - Talk to meh - Talk to meh, BAYBAY!"

:roflmao:
IG: @iheartfunko
Image Image

JohnnyPOP

Postby JohnnyPOP » Sat Apr 28, 2018 8:14 pm

I'd love to get Goofy and Max at the VERY LEAST but a whole wave would be nice.

Blitzfreeze

Postby Blitzfreeze » Sat Apr 28, 2018 9:37 pm

I want powerline.
ImageImageImageImageImage
SDCC 1999-2023

wolfy233

Postby wolfy233 » Mon Apr 30, 2018 12:14 pm

Rara25 wrote:On the Funko twitter Q&A someone asked where the new Mike Wazowski pop was in the wave? Funko replied saying 'We didn't resculpt him because it would look pretty much the same".

Its not much of an excuse imo and don't really believe that as they've produced loads of new pops that are pretty much identical to previous releases. Plus they could easily enhance the older mold with a mouth, a different arm pose and a better shape. (Like they did with Minions when you compare the sculpts from despicable me pops to minion movie/despicable me 3 pops). I think they are just holding it back for a 2nd wave or exclusive... well I hope so anyway :eek:

I hope this isn't true. I got the feeling they were waiting for SDCC or something. It would be sad if they didn't do it. Like you said, they have made small alterations to characters many times and released them in new waves.

dexiesmom

Postby dexiesmom » Mon Apr 30, 2018 10:13 pm

I would love if they made more Mulan pops, like Shen and the other warriors.

mel18213

Postby mel18213 » Mon Apr 30, 2018 11:05 pm

Mjacob78 wrote:It would be cool if they had an abominable flocked holding snow cones

That would be so cute!

kiptrip

Postby kiptrip » Wed May 09, 2018 8:19 am

Haven't written in this thread for a while but I love that they had Ariel and Eric in wedding outfits! Definitely one of my top sets from the Disney line so far.
ISO: Chase Error Batman, Walmart Toothless, HT Thor with Helmet, Metallic Nightwing, Glitter Celestia, Glitter Luna, MM Blue Trixie, MM Santa Jack

Return to “Pop!”