The Addiction is Real...

We're not talking about soda, folks. This forum is dedicated to Funko's stylish Pop! series of vinyl figures, with or without springs.
Forum rules
This section is for general Pop discussion, not showing off your recent acquisitions. Please use the Dance Hall for collection addition pictures.

Please post Funko subscription box and item discussions in the Powered By Funko section.
JsinLegacy

Re: The Addiction is Real...

Postby JsinLegacy » Sun Jan 11, 2015 2:06 pm

You know it doesn't help me either that my wife enjoys collecting them also... so she is an enabler at times to my addiction ...

Top ISO
1. Apollo Freddy 2. 18" Retro Freddy Skeletor 3. Retro Freddy Skeletor

Instagram : JsinLegacy

Team BACON

ohheyitsshannon

Postby ohheyitsshannon » Sun Jan 11, 2015 2:52 pm

JsinLegacy wrote:You know it doesn't help me either that my wife enjoys collecting them also... so she is an enabler at times to my addiction ...

I know my mother doesn't like them too much, but as long as I don't have a problem storing them somewhere then who cares? :razz:

a99kitten
HoF 2021 & CotM
HoF 2021 & CotM

Postby a99kitten » Sun Jan 11, 2015 3:00 pm

It's a very addictive habit :) I keep an Excel spreadsheet to track them. But sometimes just try and not look at the total number :compress: :colors:
FunKlub member #10577 Celeste reporting for duty :) December 2016 Collector of the Month! 2021 Hall of Fame!
5 Customs, 70 protos, 2800+ POPs (+ MLP vinyls, Hikari, Wobblers, Minis, Soda, Dorbz..)

ImageImage

ohheyitsshannon

Postby ohheyitsshannon » Sun Jan 11, 2015 3:11 pm

a99kitten wrote:It's a very addictive habit :) I keep an Excel spreadsheet to track them. But sometimes just try and not look at the total number :compress: :colors:

That's a good idea. I definitely need to start keeping track of which ones in which set that I have.
I'm now a little mad that I threw away one of the boxes for my Loki pop so now I can't display them all in box.

WarriorPrincess

Postby WarriorPrincess » Sun Jan 11, 2015 3:53 pm

Sadly the addiction has been put on hold for me:( The last pop I bought was about three weeks ago. I'm impatiently waiting for the new lines to come out. Hurry up already so I can buy more!
Pops: 1
Rock Candy: 1

GoTGuy559

Postby GoTGuy559 » Sun Jan 11, 2015 4:06 pm

ohheyitsshannon wrote:Viserion is at least $60 each place I've seen him and I'm not looking forward to that. :eek:

Buy Viserion from popcultcha, it's about 20 after shipping.[/quote]
He's on pre-order and has been for a few weeks from what I've seen so I'm doubting if they have him in stock or not. :/
I don't want to order him and have to wait a year and never get him.

It definitely is fun to collect the characters that mean so much to me. Addictive, yes, but very fun. :3[/quote]

Hey I'm not sure you know this but Drogon is going to be made into 6in. I imagine the other dragons will follow. I only collect each pop once or if it's a variant that I really like more than once. (which is why I've been holding out on Jaime) So you could potentially wait and possibly get viserion later in 6in. form. I'm not sure if you want to collect them all though so... do as you wish.

I need Arya and Hodor, and now Petyr I have everyone else (minus jaime still waiting) and I got the majority of them in 2 month thanks to amazon prime. I kept telling myself only 5, then only 7, then 8 was a better number, but omg I actually meant 10. Then when I hit 12 I was just like whatever might as well get them all. It's the best addiction you could have. :D
Can't wait for February there should be more coming in from Game of Thrones.

ohheyitsshannon

Postby ohheyitsshannon » Sun Jan 11, 2015 4:35 pm

GoTGuy559 wrote:
ohheyitsshannon wrote:Viserion is at least $60 each place I've seen him and I'm not looking forward to that. :eek:

Buy Viserion from popcultcha, it's about 20 after shipping.

He's on pre-order and has been for a few weeks from what I've seen so I'm doubting if they have him in stock or not. :/
I don't want to order him and have to wait a year and never get him.

It definitely is fun to collect the characters that mean so much to me. Addictive, yes, but very fun. :3[/quote]

Hey I'm not sure you know this but Drogon is going to be made into 6in. I imagine the other dragons will follow. I only collect each pop once or if it's a variant that I really like more than once. (which is why I've been holding out on Jaime) So you could potentially wait and possibly get viserion later in 6in. form. I'm not sure if you want to collect them all though so... do as you wish.

I need Arya and Hodor, and now Petyr I have everyone else (minus jaime still waiting) and I got the majority of them in 2 month thanks to amazon prime. I kept telling myself only 5, then only 7, then 8 was a better number, but omg I actually meant 10. Then when I hit 12 I was just like whatever might as well get them all. It's the best addiction you could have. :D
Can't wait for February there should be more coming in from Game of Thrones.[/quote]
I'm the type of collector that would want both of the variants, so I would want both of the 6 inch and regular size dragons. I'm still on the hunt for Viserion for a reasonable price. I'm not having too much luck so far, though. :(

Some of the Game of Thrones pops seem hard to find nowadays. The only pops I ever see in stores are Jon Snow, Daenerys, or Ghost and none of the other characters. :/

BlackWidow

Postby BlackWidow » Sun Jan 11, 2015 4:39 pm

I started collecting this past summer and have acquired over 152 Disney Pop's and exclusives. It really is a addiction.
My Name Is: Bobby
American Horror Story Pop's: 10/10
Walking Dead Pop's: 2/52
ImageImage

DARTH STARK

Postby DARTH STARK » Sun Jan 11, 2015 4:50 pm

I have 72 displayed and another 30 still unopened....i buy about 1 per week on average. I also feed my daughter's addiction. she is up to 27.
Nice talking with ya,

Jim of Corona, Ca

Favorite POP: Freddy Funko Boba Fett

ohheyitsshannon

Postby ohheyitsshannon » Sun Jan 11, 2015 4:56 pm

DARTH STARK wrote:I have 72 displayed and another 30 still unopened....i buy about 1 per week on average. I also feed my daughter's addiction. she is up to 27.

Awesome!

I'm going to have as many as I can displayed in the new bookshelf I bought, but I doubt that's going to be very many. :razz:

Danchez

Postby Danchez » Sun Jan 11, 2015 5:09 pm

I've found that my inability to resist buying Pops is directly correlated with my shelf space... I bought a new bookcase two weeks ago, and have since bought no less than 30 Pops to fill it up.

Soooo, I should be able to exhibit some self-control for the moment. Until I get another bookcase, that is. :)

ohheyitsshannon

Postby ohheyitsshannon » Sun Jan 11, 2015 5:10 pm

Danchez wrote:I've found that my inability to resist buying Pops is directly correlated with my shelf space... I bought a new bookcase two weeks ago, and have since bought no less than 30 Pops to fill it up.

Soooo, I should be able to exhibit some self-control for the moment. Until I get another bookcase, that is. :)

I'm the same way. Filled my first bookcase up with pops and then bought another to accommodate my others. :razz:

1000thghost

Postby 1000thghost » Sun Jan 11, 2015 5:28 pm

I really didn't like POPs but I started buying the Supernatural ones and then had to get all the 80's ones. I started in Oct and have 121 so far and way to many more I want still
Okay, if you want to add glitter to that glue you're sniffing, that's fine, but don't dump your whackadoo all over us. We'd rather not step in it.

ohheyitsshannon

Postby ohheyitsshannon » Sun Jan 11, 2015 5:34 pm

1000thghost wrote:I really didn't like POPs but I started buying the Supernatural ones and then had to get all the 80's ones. I started in Oct and have 121 so far and way to many more I want still

I'm the same way! I keep wanting more and more pops, but I have to stop myself at some point. :razz:

MyLittleFunkos
HoF 2016 & CotY
HoF 2016 & CotY

Postby MyLittleFunkos » Mon Jan 12, 2015 11:45 am

Everyone always starts off like this. It'll probably slow down after the first year. I started off buying everything I could get my hand on, even if I didn't love the piece. Now, I hardly buy them. I'm very picky about what I put on my shelves.
I'm Abe

GoTGuy559

Postby GoTGuy559 » Mon Jan 12, 2015 11:50 am

MyLittleFunkos wrote:Everyone always starts off like this. It'll probably slow down after the first year. I started off buying everything I could get my hand on, even if I didn't love the piece. Now, I hardly buy them. I'm very picky about what I put on my shelves.

Well I'm only getting the GoT pops so I pretty much don't have to deal with being picky but I still am a little. I wait for the best variants to buy the pop.

ohheyitsshannon

Postby ohheyitsshannon » Mon Jan 12, 2015 11:56 am

GoTGuy559 wrote:
MyLittleFunkos wrote:Everyone always starts off like this. It'll probably slow down after the first year. I started off buying everything I could get my hand on, even if I didn't love the piece. Now, I hardly buy them. I'm very picky about what I put on my shelves.

Well I'm only getting the GoT pops so I pretty much don't have to deal with being picky but I still am a little. I wait for the best variants to buy the pop.

I'm the same way. I've been collecting characters that I'm not the biggest fan of, but hopefully it'll all settle down soon.

I'm also waiting for the rest of the GoT pops. With the exception of headless Ned I hope to have the collection complete soon. :razz:

JsinLegacy

Postby JsinLegacy » Mon Jan 12, 2015 12:15 pm

I should start collecting sets ... only one I have so far is the DBZ ones (minus Planet Arlia Vegeta) but right now I have just been collecting random figures of characters I like.

Eventually I'll slow down ... but I have awhile for that

Top ISO

Team BACON

ohheyitsshannon

Postby ohheyitsshannon » Mon Jan 12, 2015 12:19 pm

JsinLegacy wrote:I should start collecting sets ... only one I have so far is the DBZ ones (minus Planet Arlia Vegeta) but right now I have just been collecting random figures of characters I like.

I want to start collecting sets as well, which is why I'm trying to complete the Game of Thrones line before I do anything else. Just looking for a few figures and then I should be done for awhile. :razz:

JsinLegacy

Postby JsinLegacy » Mon Jan 12, 2015 12:27 pm

ohheyitsshannon wrote:
JsinLegacy wrote:I should start collecting sets ... only one I have so far is the DBZ ones (minus Planet Arlia Vegeta) but right now I have just been collecting random figures of characters I like.

I want to start collecting sets as well, which is why I'm trying to complete the Game of Thrones line before I do anything else. Just looking for a few figures and then I should be done for awhile. :razz:

That's probably the line I have most of currently .. I should look into seeing which ones I am missing and just getting them

Top ISO

Team BACON

ohheyitsshannon

Postby ohheyitsshannon » Mon Jan 12, 2015 12:41 pm

JsinLegacy wrote:
That's probably the line I have most of currently .. I should look into seeing which ones I am missing and just getting them

I just ordered the White Walker, Ned Stark, Brienne of Tarth, Tywin Lannister, Ygritte, the Hound, Hodor, and Drax to complete my Guardians of the Galaxy set. (:

JsinLegacy

Postby JsinLegacy » Mon Jan 12, 2015 12:56 pm

ohheyitsshannon wrote:
JsinLegacy wrote:

I just ordered the White Walker, Ned Stark, Brienne of Tarth, Tywin Lannister, Ygritte, the Hound, Hodor, and Drax to complete my Guardians of the Galaxy set. (:

Are you going to buy all the variants as well?

Top ISO

Team BACON

ohheyitsshannon

Postby ohheyitsshannon » Mon Jan 12, 2015 1:07 pm

JsinLegacy wrote:

This mind sound a little odd, but there's variants of them as well?
Do you mean like the bloody and dirty, etc?

JsinLegacy

Postby JsinLegacy » Mon Jan 12, 2015 1:13 pm

ohheyitsshannon wrote:
JsinLegacy wrote:

Yes... I think Jon Snow has like 3 and Daenerys has like 5

Top ISO

Team BACON

ohheyitsshannon

Postby ohheyitsshannon » Mon Jan 12, 2015 1:23 pm

JsinLegacy wrote:
ohheyitsshannon wrote:
JsinLegacy wrote:

Yes... I think Jon Snow has like 3 and Daenerys has like 5

There's three Jon Snow? All I know of is the original and the training ground. Are there two variants of the training ground?

I didn't even know there were that many Daenerys as well. xD

JsinLegacy

Postby JsinLegacy » Mon Jan 12, 2015 1:33 pm

ohheyitsshannon wrote:

Daenerys has her Blue Dress, Wedding Gown, Green Dragon, Gold Dragon, Red Dragon

Jon Snow has his Training Ground, Castle Black Muddy and Regular

Top ISO

Team BACON

ohheyitsshannon

Postby ohheyitsshannon » Mon Jan 12, 2015 1:42 pm

JsinLegacy wrote:
ohheyitsshannon wrote:

Daenerys has her Blue Dress, Wedding Gown, Green Dragon, Gold Dragon, Red Dragon

There's variants of her holding each dragon? Wow. I didn't know there were that many.
I know the red one was a misprint from what I've heard.

I thought the muddy and training ground were the exact same thing just with one obviously being muddy. lol

NotaSerialKiller

Postby NotaSerialKiller » Mon Jan 12, 2015 1:47 pm

JsinLegacy wrote:
ohheyitsshannon wrote:

Don't forget the Beyond the Wall Jon variant.
Name's Kass.

ohheyitsshannon

Postby ohheyitsshannon » Mon Jan 12, 2015 1:51 pm

NotaSerialKiller wrote:
JsinLegacy wrote:
ohheyitsshannon wrote:

Don't forget the Beyond the Wall Jon variant.

Oh goodness. I definitely don't think I'll be collecting all of the variants since there are so many and some are expensive. lol

GoTGuy559

Postby GoTGuy559 » Mon Jan 12, 2015 7:44 pm

ohheyitsshannon wrote:Oh goodness. I definitely don't think I'll be collecting all of the variants since there are so many and some are expensive. lol

There's also...
-Tywin (gold armor) Not so expensive.
-Tyrion (popcultcha exclusive) Fairly cheap.
-Tyrion (Battle armor) Cheap.
-Brienne (Bloody HT) Fairly Cheap.
-White Walker (HMV glow in the dark) Expensive and rare
-Ned Stark (Headless) Expensive
-Ghost (flocked) getting expensive
-Khal Drogo (bloody)
And the ones people already mentioned. I have 3 out of 4 jon snows. He's the only exception I make.

JsinLegacy

Postby JsinLegacy » Mon Jan 12, 2015 7:48 pm

GoTGuy559 wrote:
ohheyitsshannon wrote:Oh goodness. I definitely don't think I'll be collecting all of the variants since there are so many and some are expensive. lol

There's also...
-Khal Drogo (bloody)
And the ones people already mentioned. I have 3 out of 4 jon snows. He's the only exception I make.

Wow... I did not know there was all of those...

*opens wallet*.............*cries*

Top ISO

Team BACON

ohheyitsshannon

Postby ohheyitsshannon » Mon Jan 12, 2015 8:33 pm

JsinLegacy wrote:
GoTGuy559 wrote:

There's also...
-Khal Drogo (bloody)

Wow... I did not know there was all of those...

*opens wallet*.............*cries*

That's crazy.
I didn't know there were so many variations. I can just hear my wallet crying from over here...

Beto

Postby Beto » Tue Jan 13, 2015 10:03 pm

GoTGuy559 wrote:

There's also...
-Khal Drogo (bloody)

That's so awesome!

Is it Tywin with goldena armor a special edition? Popcultcha's Tyrion is the one with the scar but without the armor, right?

If you don't mind, where did you got your headless Ned Stark from? Is it the original Funko POP! or is a Custom one?

Thanks!

Beto

ohheyitsshannon

Postby ohheyitsshannon » Tue Jan 13, 2015 10:12 pm

Beto wrote:That's so awesome!

Is it Tywin with goldena armor a special edition? Popcultcha's Tyrion is the one with the scar but without the armor, right?

If you don't mind, where did you got your headless Ned Stark from? Is it the original Funko POP! or is a Custom one?

Thanks!

Beto

Headless Ned was a SDCC exclusive in 2011 I believe. Very expensive now on eBay.

I think the gold armor one is a special edition as well.

JsinLegacy

Postby JsinLegacy » Tue Jan 13, 2015 10:13 pm

Gold Smaug is up on HT at the moment ..

http://www.hottopic.com/hottopic/Funko+ ... 264841.jsp

I'd grab while you can

Top ISO

Team BACON

Beto

Postby Beto » Tue Jan 13, 2015 10:21 pm

[quote="GoTGuy559"]

... I have 3 out of 4 jon snows. He's the only exception I make.[/

Sorry to ask that much! :(

The 4 John Snow are:

The regular from Series 2
Castle Black
Muddy one from Castle Black
Beyond the wall

Am I right?

Beto

Postby Beto » Tue Jan 13, 2015 10:23 pm

ohheyitsshannon wrote:
Beto wrote:That's so awesome!

Thanks!

Beto

Headless Ned was a SDCC exclusive in 2011 I believe. Very expensive now on eBay.

I think the gold armor one is a special edition as well.

Thank you so much for these info! Regarding to the Headless Ned Stark I saw that there's someone doing custom ones independently form the special edition one!

Thanks again,

Beto

JsinLegacy

Postby JsinLegacy » Tue Jan 13, 2015 10:27 pm

Beto wrote:
GoTGuy559 wrote:

The 4 John Snow are:

Castle Black
Beyond the wall

Am I right?

yup that is all of them available currently ..

Top ISO

Team BACON

ohheyitsshannon

Postby ohheyitsshannon » Tue Jan 13, 2015 10:42 pm

So many Game of Thrones pops so little time...
And there's also the mystery minis.
I have no hope of ever completing that collection xD

I'd definitely love to get a custom headless Ned. :3

Beto

Postby Beto » Wed Jan 14, 2015 12:42 pm

JsinLegacy wrote:
Beto wrote:
GoTGuy559 wrote:

The 4 John Snow are:

Castle Black
Beyond the wall

Am I right?

yup that is all of them available currently ..

Thank you so much!

Return to “Pop!”