Scott Pilgrim Pops Announced

We're not talking about soda, folks. This forum is dedicated to Funko's stylish Pop! series of vinyl figures, with or without springs.
Forum rules
This section is for general Pop discussion, not showing off your recent acquisitions. Please use the Dance Hall for collection addition pictures.

Please post Funko subscription box and item discussions in the Powered By Funko section.
wsm10

Re: Scott Pilgrim Pops Announced

Postby wsm10 » Fri May 13, 2016 9:09 am

DRAGOON wrote:
Luciendar wrote:Tbh I'm not sure why people are so disappointed with these. I think they look great, party Scott with Ramona picture and smashed drink cup wasn't a bad choice. Only reason Con exclusives worry me is because I've been dreaming of SP pops for so long and now they are finally here and I want them all, but not wanting to spend $200+ because of some limited con exclusive. I'm extremely glad we finally got SP pops and grateful for the work put into obtaining the license and making them. I'm just going to be really bummed when if one of them turns into another CC Regina that I can only dream of and never own.

Exactllly. These Pops were easily my most anticipated ever since the rumor circulated. That's why I'm so let down.
I think the con exclusives Sex Bomb Omb made it worse. There is no way in hell I'm gonna be able to get those. I bet. It's gonna be Unmasked Jason for me all over again.
I stay dedicated. Try every site. Boom, gone. I work. I record. Do different events. I wish I had time to keep refreshing or wait outside of a store.

Luckily, these are just three inch collectibles. These just happen to be the three inch collectibles I was really looking forward to.

Just kinda tired of the con exclusives game. But it's not just Funko.

I really hope that they show up at some stores or even if they don't, some aren't super crazy in price and that is the road these travel. I know I'll be trying to get a few extras to help out people, and most on this site will do the same. For your sake(and mine, not gonna lie), I hope this is the case and we won't go broke getting our SP pop fix. Also, I like your view on these in general. I admittedly get caught up in collecting and sometimes forget it's for fun and just a hobby in the long run. Thanks.

Jezter
Collector of the Month
Collector of the Month

Postby Jezter » Fri May 13, 2016 9:57 am

Love the movie, doubt I'll get the pops. I have to keep my collecting pretty limited, but I am happy for those who have the means to get these and I hope more come out too. :D
Hey I'm John! :joker:

Pops!- 716ish
Dorbz: 34
Mystery Minis: 33
Vinyl Idolz: 2
Hikari: 1
Mini-Hikari: 1
Instagram: courtjezter

This Is Where A Really Neat Signature Is Going To Go....Eventually...Maybe.

gxwhyelle

Postby gxwhyelle » Fri May 13, 2016 10:17 am

HOLY s*** I AM SO EXCITED ABOUT THESE!!! And con variants?! THANK YOU THANK YOU BRIAN!!!! *jumps around in excitement*
grace / @gracexyl - IG

LF color protos: TWS & AOU Capt America, AOU Thor & always & forever: Original Loki :love4:

Lost

Postby Lost » Fri May 13, 2016 3:16 pm

I seen the movie and liked it okay. think ill get knives, and possibly some exclusives depending how they turn out and how easy they are to get.

RoboFist

Postby RoboFist » Sat May 14, 2016 12:16 am

"Man, I'm just so disappointed in these Pokemon cards. I really want that holographic Charizard card, but I don't want to spend so much money buying dozens of booster packs just trying to get him. This just really disappoints me as a Pokemon TCG collector. Why can't they just make every card easy to obtain so that I can collect all of them?"

Now, I'm not singling anybody out here, but this is the collecting game. Funko Pops? They're collectible figures. Like many others have stated on this thread, we really should be happy and thankful that we're getting Scott Pilgrim Pops in the first place. That movie is incredible, but it completely flopped at the box office and was given little-to-no merchandising. Scott Pilgrim isn't Star Wars or Harry Potter in terms of popularity, and it's probably not going to be getting any more waves. We're honestly lucky that we're getting one, much less three!

And yeah, the whole "SDCC exclusives" hunt can be frustrating. Driving to twelve different Walgreens trying to find a Green Goblin Pop can also be frustrating. But these Pops? They're collectibles. And anything worth collecting is going to be a pain to collect. Man, did I want Unmasked Jason last year. But I also really wanted Frying Pan Rapunzel and Flocked Wolf Man. I had a stable income and a lot of free time during SDCC week, so I picked my battles carefully, sacrificed social interaction, stayed glued to my computer screen, and I still missed out on both of them! I had to shell out more than I wanted to buy Flocked Wolfie from Ebay, and I had a phenomenal, selfless Funatic from this very board help secure a Frying Pan Rapunzel for me. They didn't have to help me, but we got to talking and we agreed to help each other. THAT'S how this collecting community works. That's how MOST collecting communities work. To be honest, being able to interact so much with the awesome people of this site made SDCC hunting actually EXTREMELY fun! THAT'S why this site exists. Not to complain or whine when something doesn't go your way, but to rejoice with your fellow Funatics when things DO go your way, and to help each other out during these crazy, stressful, and fun con seasons.

Maybe the Sex Bob-Omb three-pack WILL be impossible to find. That sucks, man, for all of us SP fans. But you know what? We go out for a wilderness sabbatical with Kim (graphic novel reference, guys), obtain the Power of Understanding, and move on with our lives. At the end of the day, yeah, they're figures based on one of our favorite franchises of all time (trust me, I know), but they're also just toys. Buy the three commons, hope for easier to find exclusives down the line, and appreciate the three that we've been given.

And hey! Maybe the three-pack with be easy to find? Maybe it'll be this year's Unmasked Cap or Golden Bender? Maybe Funko is reading these boards and thinking "Damn, there are more SP fans out there than we anticipated! Let's throw them a bone and make the Sex Bob-Omb set available at Hot Topic." You never know, but complaining and feeling sorry for yourself on a public forum isn't going to make Funko feel MORE inclined to help.

Either way, when it comes to SDCC - or collecting in general - understand that it's never easy. It never has been easy. It's why some Pops are selling for hundreds of dollars on Ebay right now. Get up early, keep your eyes glued to the screen, keep refreshing, and keep your priorities straight. If the Pop you want is going to be sold at Hot Topic or B&N, get up extra early and wait in line. That's the collector's life, guys. Either accept it or find another hobby; otherwise, you're destined for disappointment.

At the same time, keep your chin up and start making friends with the awesome people on this site! You never know who you'll meet or who may offer to help you! But just remember that most people aren't going to jump at the chance to help out someone who grumbles and groans all the time lol
Latest: "BAHNEY, MY PEBBLES!"
300th: Audrey II
200th: Rapunzel (Dancing)
100th: Hoverboard Marty McFly
1st: V for Vendetta
Funatic Since 2012

CaseyJones14
HOF 2022 & CotM & CotY
HOF 2022 & CotM & CotY

Postby CaseyJones14 » Sat May 14, 2016 12:48 am

Nicely put Robo! I'm a newbie to the forum and was pleasantly surprised when a member helped me get my hands on a HT Madcap that I wasn't able to get from my store. This community seems amazing and the hunt is what makes it fun. Hoping I can help some members out if I happen to get in the SDCC line this year.
Brett - caseyj0nes14 on Instagram
ISO - Dorbz and McNugget Protos!

gxwhyelle

Postby gxwhyelle » Sat May 14, 2016 2:36 am

I'm still not over the fact that we are getting Scott pilgrim pops I am obsessed with the movie and regularly force people to watch it. The CAST WAS JUST AMAZING. I love Edgar wright.
grace / @gracexyl - IG

LF color protos: TWS & AOU Capt America, AOU Thor & always & forever: Original Loki :love4:

mikechickenhead

Postby mikechickenhead » Sat May 14, 2016 9:06 am

yeah....really excited about these.... cant wait.
HEY HO! FUNKO!

ImageImage Image Image
Fundays. 3 FDO. 3

Mr Yac

Postby Mr Yac » Sat May 14, 2016 10:26 am

RoboFist wrote:"Man, I'm just so disappointed in these Pokemon cards. I really want that holographic Charizard card, but I don't want to spend so much money buying dozens of booster packs just trying to get him. This just really disappoints me as a Pokemon TCG collector. Why can't they just make every card easy to obtain so that I can collect all of them?"

problem is for that analogy to really work here the regular release Charizard card would either have to god awful worthless stats compared to the Holo version of just be some of the weirdest art in the world (Char licking his crotch or perhaps scratching behind his ear) where as the holo version would be the more iconic representation of himself thus kind of forcing his fans to shell out the extra cash to get the version they find to be most befitting the actual character.

making a cool alternate version an exclusive is one thing, but making the regular release a throwaway moment in the series and the sought after version the exclusive is pretty dirty pool in my opinion. Figurarts did that a couple years ago with a Dragon Ball figure of Piccolo where only the SDCC version had his anime accurate colors and the regular release had orange plates instead of his usual purple, pretty crappy thing to do to the fans if you ask me.

CaseyJones14
HOF 2022 & CotM & CotY
HOF 2022 & CotM & CotY

Postby CaseyJones14 » Sat May 14, 2016 12:09 pm

Turn on my TV and Scott Pilgrim happens to be on - very fitting lol

popoy

Postby popoy » Sat May 14, 2016 10:34 pm

I just finished re-watching Scott Pilgrim vs The world when I saw the glam shots! They so cute! Ramona is a must have!
Popoy
Pop Count: 135
Collects My Hero Academia, Stranger Things, Rick and Morty, Futurama, and sets that I like

valorandvellum
Rookie of The Year & Spirit

Postby valorandvellum » Mon May 16, 2016 12:14 pm

I have a theory on why Funko is doing a Scott Pilgrim release. Bryan Lee O'Malley is releasing the first issue of his new series, Snot Girl, in July. I'll bet you anything he's gonna be signing at the Image booth at SDCC. And if so, maybe Funko is banking on people buying anything Scott Pilgrim to go get it signed. Sure, lots of people love SP, but... that timing though ;-)
Creator of Soonay & Toratai • 2024 Shows: ECCC (H-12), WonderCon (F-26), C2E2 (U-12), AX (B3), SDCC (Booth #4721)

gxwhyelle

Postby gxwhyelle » Mon May 16, 2016 2:27 pm

Oh my god if that is true I will be queuing trying to get in like at Bryan Fuller signing. LOVE me some SP!
grace / @gracexyl - IG

Chase Variant
Location: The wild, wild west, a state that's untouchable like Elliot Ness

Postby Chase Variant » Mon May 16, 2016 3:44 pm

valorandvellum wrote:I have a theory on why Funko is doing a Scott Pilgrim release. Bryan Lee O'Malley is releasing the first issue of his new series, Snot Girl, in July. I'll bet you anything he's gonna be signing at the Image booth at SDCC. And if so, maybe Funko is banking on people buying anything Scott Pilgrim to go get it signed. Sure, lots of people love SP, but... that timing though ;-)

Isn't he usually signing at SDCC?

valorandvellum

Postby valorandvellum » Mon May 16, 2016 4:34 pm

gxwhyelle wrote:Oh my god if that is true I will be queuing trying to get in like at Bryan Fuller signing. LOVE me some SP!

I'm already packing all my graphic novels lol
Creator of Soonay & Toratai • 2024 Shows: ECCC (H-12), WonderCon (F-26), C2E2 (U-12), AX (B3), SDCC (Booth #4721)

NCDS

Postby NCDS » Fri Jun 10, 2016 4:27 pm

And Ramona is ordered from Gamestop! I feel better knowing I'm that much closer to getting her.
ISO Pockets Snapsie
2018 Punk Rock Bowling Champion

commodorefunko

Postby commodorefunko » Fri Jun 10, 2016 8:09 pm

Funko confirmed no celeb signings this year.
Jonas is the name, Pops are my game

Current POP Count: 299! I want to get something special for 300!+ 9 Mini/Pocket Pops
Current Dorbz/Pint Sized Heroes Count: 20ish
Current Mystery Mini/Idolz/Hikari/Mini Hikari Count: 20

ISO: Any color/white Masters of The Universe, X-Files, Twin Peaks, LOST, Stranger Things, Mr T, and Star Wars protos!!

CaseyJones14
HOF 2022 & CotM & CotY
HOF 2022 & CotM & CotY

Postby CaseyJones14 » Fri Jun 10, 2016 8:20 pm

commodorefunko wrote:Funko confirmed no celeb signings this year.

Kinda bummed, but at the same time it was pretty nuts with the signings. I'm just ready to see what is coming!

NCDS

Postby NCDS » Mon Jun 13, 2016 10:15 am

I honestly wouldn't have tried at SDCC anyways. Maybe I'll get a chance at a local con someday.

She is one of my favorite characters to cosplay so I'm very excited to have her in my collection.
ISO Pockets Snapsie
2018 Punk Rock Bowling Champion

Sonmi451

Postby Sonmi451 » Sun Jul 10, 2016 6:44 pm

Has anyone managed to find these yet? The release was set for June, but we're a third of the way through July and I've heard nothing further.
Truth is singular. Its versions are mistruths.

pop_jumper

Postby pop_jumper » Fri Aug 05, 2016 10:01 pm

Does this mean Scott with bass, Stephen Stills and Kim will be released individually, too?

Or is this a case of Winston Zeddemore, where hes numbered but still only available in a pack?

Name's Aaron.
Electronics.

TARGET

POP! : 460
First: Ash (Army of Darkness)
Latest: Violet (CHASE)
Fav POP! : Jay Garrick (signed by Teddy Sears!)/Flocked Crash Bandicoot
GRAIL(S): Qui-Gon Jinn (NYCC 2016)

Mystery Minis: ??

Follow @beachcitiesflash on Instagram!

We got no food, we got no jobs, OUR POPS HEADS ARE FALLING OFF!!

DocRamon

Postby DocRamon » Fri Aug 05, 2016 10:06 pm

i think it’s like winston, or marshmallow from frozen. they’re numbered individually, but exclusive to the 3-pack. when funko did the batman/superman 2-pack at sdcc last year, it was limited to 500 (i think) pieces, but they made it pretty clear that the limited part was only the pack, and that the pops would be made available separately when the movie was released -- which they were. i haven’t heard funko mentioning that this time with these guys.

kevin87

Postby kevin87 » Fri Aug 05, 2016 10:22 pm

new molds in multipacks tend to be individually numbered but still only available in the packs, but things like Alt Universe Fry and Leela are just variants so they're not individually numbered

I'm still hoping I can get the Sex Bob-omb pack, I won't feel right having the other three if I can't get them.

pop_jumper

Postby pop_jumper » Sat Aug 06, 2016 12:32 am

kevin87 wrote:new molds in multipacks tend to be individually numbered but still only available in the packs, but things like Alt Universe Fry and Leela are just variants so they're not individually numbered

I'm still hoping I can get the Sex Bob-omb pack, I won't feel right having the other three if I can't get them.

I almost want to believe they'll be released individually...

If not, I hope i can get the three pack at a decent price.
Name's Aaron.
Electronics.

TARGET

JohnnyPOP

Postby JohnnyPOP » Sat Aug 06, 2016 12:36 am

I still haven't checked to see the price of these on eBay yet. I'm too scared. But there's no FYE near me so I'm stuck. Hopefully I can grab the 3 pack eventually.

RoboFist

Postby RoboFist » Sat Aug 06, 2016 3:05 am

I really hope that people go out and at least buy Ramona and Knives so we can get at least one of the Evil Exes in the future. I could've sworn we were gonna get Gideon this wave, but...MAYBE there's hope for a NYCC exclusive?
Funatic Since 2012

pop_jumper

Postby pop_jumper » Sat Aug 06, 2016 3:56 am

I just think the potential in these pops far outweighed what actually got made. I doubt these will sell well enough to merit more.

Had Funko made Scott with his sword, Ramona holding the hammer, or Knives...actually holding her giant knives...maybe they'd be popular enough to sell a few of and we could be getting additional waves.
But no Scott with sword? No bass? Not even the green shirt? Just a pop of a throwaway moment in the film? Meh.

Now dont every keyboard warrior go and defend Funko. This is just an opinion stating disappointment because I was really looking forward to a line of pops.
Name's Aaron.
Electronics.

TARGET

ryanc_

Postby ryanc_ » Sat Aug 06, 2016 4:48 am

pop_jumper wrote:I just think the potential in these pops far outweighed what actually got made. I doubt these will sell well enough to merit more.

Had Funko made Scott with his sword, Ramona holding the hammer, or Knives...actually holding her giant knives...maybe they'd be popular enough to sell a few of and we could be getting additional waves.
But no Scott with sword? No bass? Not even the green shirt? Just a pop of a throwaway moment in the film? Meh.

Now dont every keyboard warrior go and defend Funko. This is just an opinion stating disappointment because I was really looking forward to a line of pops.

who says they won't in the future? we got many adventure time variants, etc.

JohnnyPOP

Postby JohnnyPOP » Sat Aug 06, 2016 9:36 am

ryanc_ wrote:who says they won't in the future? we got many adventure time variants, etc.

We get new pops based on sales, and if this wave doesn't sell well, we probably won't see anything new unless the fans get loud enough to get one or two more made. But I think with the SDCC 3 Pack this should do well enough to get a wave 2 at least.

DocRamon

Postby DocRamon » Sat Aug 06, 2016 11:35 am

i’m hopeful that there’s enough demand for scott pilgrim 'stuff' that fans will buy up the ones that we did get. plus, since there’s only three (regular releases) some fans might decide to go all-in based simply on the low-cost, high-reward factor. if a set of 12 was released from the beginning, some people might not want to commit that much cash to a full set. or, they would just buy scott and ramona or something, leaving the rest to sit on the shelves. slow playing this line might have been the better way to go.

The POP Lady
Hall of Fame Class of 2021

Postby The POP Lady » Sat Aug 06, 2016 11:47 am

pop_jumper wrote:I just think the potential in these pops far outweighed what actually got made. I doubt these will sell well enough to merit more.

You didn't like the Scott in the 3pack with the green shirt and bass? He is SUPER CUTE!!!! I would love to see more POP added to this set...not just the gems you mentioned BUT also Envy Adams, Todd Ingram, Gideon AND The Vegan Police. Could be EPIC!!!
2010 First POP!
2014 OLD Funko HQ Tour
2015 Toy Fair
2015 FDO NY
2015 #PopTwinsTuesday is BORN!
2015 NYCC
2016 Toy Fair
2016 Funatic of the Week
2016 NYCC
2017 Toy Fair
2017 FDO MD
2017 FDO NY
2017 NYCC
2017 Buys FUNKO Stock
2018 Making Fun Hollywood MOVIE Premiere
2018 Toy Fair
2018 FDO NY
2018 SDCC
2018 FIRST FUNKO FUNDAYS
2018 NYCC
2019 Toy Fair
2020 Toy Fair
2020 FUNTv Spotlight
2020 Funatic of the Month
2021 FUNKO HALL OF FAME :freddy2:

JohnnyPOP

Postby JohnnyPOP » Sat Aug 06, 2016 11:52 am

The POP Lady wrote:You didn't like the Scott in the 3pack with the green shirt and bass? He is SUPER CUTE!!!! I would love to see more POP added to this set...not just the gems you mentioned BUT also Envy Adams, Todd Ingram, Gideon AND The Vegan Police. Could be EPIC!!!

Envy and Todd are my top picks to see as pops. :cheers: I'd love for them to be added to the series.

The POP Lady

Postby The POP Lady » Sat Aug 06, 2016 12:27 pm

JohnnyPOP wrote: Envy and Todd are my top picks to see as pops. :cheers: I'd love for them to be added to the series.

Fingers crossed ;-)
2010 First POP!
2014 OLD Funko HQ Tour
2015 Toy Fair
2015 FDO NY
2015 NYCC
2016 Toy Fair
2016 Funatic of the Week
2016 NYCC
2017 Toy Fair
2017 FDO MD
2017 FDO NY
2017 NYCC
2017 Buys FUNKO Stock
2018 Toy Fair
2018 FDO NY
2018 SDCC
2018 FIRST FUNKO FUNDAYS
2018 NYCC
2019 Toy Fair
2020 Toy Fair
2020 FUNTv Spotlight

mikechickenhead

Postby mikechickenhead » Sat Aug 06, 2016 1:17 pm

yeah....envy, todd, and gideon are pretty much must haves... but who knows. I would also love a nega-scott pop
HEY HO! FUNKO!

ImageImage Image Image
Fundays. 3 FDO. 3

DRAGOON

Postby DRAGOON » Sat Aug 06, 2016 1:49 pm

In complete agreement, and if someone wants to go off on me for that? That's fine.

I still stand with the disappointment towards the casual release. I don't think they're going to sell well, because that pose just isn't worth owning. Scott Pilgrim is arguably my favorite series of all time, and was my most anticipated release. But I can't see myself getting the normal Pilgrim Pop. Maybe Ramona. I think it just kinda bores me. Same issue I had with Godzilla. It's just... kinda dull out of the opportunity they had.

In Funko's defense, they did have to go the movie route too. I just still would have changed the pose. Maybe added more color, I don't know. With the awesome poses they've been having and how great they are with sculpts at times, it's just seemingly kinda meh.

Image Something like that. With those colors too. How awesome and vibrant that is.

Again, in Funko's defense they had to go off the movie version. It just sucks because the mental image of that being turned into a Pop sounds awesome. They could have just taken that pose and still did the green shirt, wristband, jeans and I still would've been content.

Oh well, such is life. Just collectibles.
Credit to bathtub-tigers. Amazing work!
Grail: Bruce Lee EtD Pop

Waiting On: Scott Pilgrim Pops

Wanting: Regular Show series 2. We need Margret. Oh, yes we do.

RoboFist

Postby RoboFist » Sat Aug 06, 2016 2:34 pm

I just hope these end up selling well enough, and we don't end up seeing them with a big ol' "CLEARANCE" sticker on Hot Topic's shelves :(
Last edited by RoboFist on Fri Aug 12, 2016 10:39 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Funatic Since 2012

pop_jumper

Postby pop_jumper » Sat Aug 06, 2016 4:14 pm

RoboFist wrote:
No, I 100% agree. The potential was here for Pops that people REALLY would've wanted to have, Pops that could've expressed the tone of the movie that people recognized and loved. If you showed these Pops to someone who has never seen Scott Pilgrim, they definitely don't convey whatsoever what or who Scott Pilgrim, as a character, is.

I sincerely think that they should've AT LEAST given one of them a weapon, and at least one Evil Ex should've been included. Unfortunately, I think you're right; the designs are lackluster and simply not enough to push these onto anyone but the most die-hard of SP fans. I can only imagine these with an enormous Hot Topic CLEARANCE sticker slapped on them like the Superbad and Clueless Pops... :-({|=

(Oh well, at least we Scott Pilgrim fanatics have that killer Mondo Ramona figure to look forward to!)

Glad to know I'm not today out of line. I'll probably pick up Ramona and Scott...and Knives probably out of guilt lol
But there's so much untapped potential, I really hope we get a couple more variants.

The POP Lady wrote:
You didn't like the Scott in the 3pack with the green shirt and bass? He is SUPER CUTE!!!

You misinterpreted what I was saying.

I ****** love the Scott with his bass. That's what I want. But I won't own it because getting the three pack was ridiculous and I won't pay the asinine secondary market prices.
Name's Aaron.
Electronics.

TARGET

Sonmi451

Postby Sonmi451 » Sat Aug 06, 2016 11:57 pm

I got all of them so far. I really want there to be Young Neil, Envy, and Gideon. All of the exes would be awesome, but I could settle for the main villain.
Truth is singular. Its versions are mistruths.

The POP Lady

Postby The POP Lady » Sun Aug 07, 2016 12:06 am

pop_jumper wrote:
The POP Lady wrote:
You didn't like the Scott in the 3pack with the green shirt and bass? He is SUPER CUTE!!!

You misinterpreted what I was saying.

I ****** love the Scott with his bass. That's what I want. But I won't own it because getting the three pack was ridiculous and I won't pay the asinine secondary market prices.

Gotcha!!! Im still hoping extra show up at FYE... I know a few people still looking. Do you know the size run of the 3Pack?
2010 First POP!
2014 OLD Funko HQ Tour
2015 Toy Fair
2015 FDO NY
2015 NYCC
2016 Toy Fair
2016 Funatic of the Week
2016 NYCC
2017 Toy Fair
2017 FDO MD
2017 FDO NY
2017 NYCC
2017 Buys FUNKO Stock
2018 Toy Fair
2018 FDO NY
2018 SDCC
2018 FIRST FUNKO FUNDAYS
2018 NYCC
2019 Toy Fair
2020 Toy Fair
2020 FUNTv Spotlight

saul_damascus

Postby saul_damascus » Fri Aug 12, 2016 6:01 pm

Got Scott Ramona and Knives today at Hot Topic
[img]Check%20out%20@CareyJohnson919’s%20Tweet:%20https://twitter.com/CareyJohnson919/status/935495745569992707?s=09[/img]

Return to “Pop!”