Scott Pilgrim Pops Announced

We're not talking about soda, folks. This forum is dedicated to Funko's stylish Pop! series of vinyl figures, with or without springs.
Forum rules
This section is for general Pop discussion, not showing off your recent acquisitions. Please use the Dance Hall for collection addition pictures.

Please post Funko subscription box and item discussions in the Powered By Funko section.
FunkOCD

Re: Scott Pilgrim Pops Announced

Postby FunkOCD » Tue Jul 20, 2021 11:24 pm

The POP Lady wrote:
FunkOCD wrote:
Do you know Pac-Man?! LOL

LOL

You know of him? ;) Hehehe
ImageImageImageImage

digithor

Postby digithor » Wed Jul 21, 2021 3:14 am

philipali wrote:
Toronto wrote:
philipali wrote:I think this is the first con that there's no Scott PIlgrim or DBZ release ... might be a surprise drop?

Didn't Wonderous have no DBZ as well? ECCC had Jackie Chun and Patel/Ingram.
Maybe both lines are delayed on the same boat?

there's a chance but usually wondercon is smaller so there's that.. but good point ... they are probably delayed and on it's way to NYCC....

And then they overload us with those for NYCC....
SDCC 2018, 2019, 2022, 2023
Fundays 2018, 2019, 2021, 2023
HQ Grand Opening, ECCC Night and meetup at HQ, Hollywood Grand Opening, World Premier Making fun
Horror fanatic, GiTD collector, Star Wars
ImageImageImageImage

Ginzo1622

Postby Ginzo1622 » Wed Jul 21, 2021 6:05 am

digithor wrote:
philipali wrote:
Toronto wrote:

there's a chance but usually wondercon is smaller so there's that.. but good point ... they are probably delayed and on it's way to NYCC....

Yeah I think so too
Fundays 2022 - Proto Robots
Fright Night 2022
Fundays 2023 - Protomoa Wolves

Don't stand in my way!!!

:whdat:

codytranum

Postby codytranum » Wed Jul 21, 2021 6:18 am

digithor wrote:
philipali wrote:
Toronto wrote:

Yeah I'm definitely feeling it for NYCC this year, they usually have a packed lineup

philipali

Postby philipali » Wed Jul 21, 2021 10:21 am

codytranum wrote:
digithor wrote:
philipali wrote:

Yeah I'm definitely feeling it for NYCC this year, they usually have a packed lineup

In NYCC... we may not have the privilege to get a chance at everything because the real CON is finally happening in NYC... so there's that... but still expecting a packed NYCC
ImageImageImage
Image ImageImage

The POP Lady
Hall of Fame Class of 2021
Hall of Fame Class of 2021

Postby The POP Lady » Wed Jul 21, 2021 1:43 pm

FunkOCD wrote:You know of him? ;) Hehehe

“You know the original name for Pac-Man was Puck Man. Not because he looks like a hockey puck. But its Paku Paku. Means flap your mouth. But they thought people would scratch out the "p" and turn it into an "f" like "F*** Man."”
2010 First POP!
2014 OLD Funko HQ Tour
2015 Toy Fair
2015 FDO NY
2015 #PopTwinsTuesday is BORN!
2015 NYCC
2016 Toy Fair
2016 Funatic of the Week
2016 NYCC
2017 Toy Fair
2017 FDO MD
2017 FDO NY
2017 NYCC
2017 Buys FUNKO Stock
2018 Making Fun Hollywood MOVIE Premiere
2018 Toy Fair
2018 FDO NY
2018 SDCC
2018 FIRST FUNKO FUNDAYS
2018 NYCC
2019 Toy Fair
2020 Toy Fair
2020 FUNTv Spotlight
2020 Funatic of the Month
2021 FUNKO HALL OF FAME :freddy2:

FunkOCD

Postby FunkOCD » Wed Jul 21, 2021 3:27 pm

The POP Lady wrote:
FunkOCD wrote:You know of him? ;) Hehehe

“You know the original name for Pac-Man was Puck Man. Not because he looks like a hockey puck. But its Paku Paku. Means flap your mouth. But they thought people would scratch out the "p" and turn it into an "f" like "F*** Man."”

:hello1: :hello1: :hello1:
ImageImageImageImage

digithor

Postby digithor » Wed Jul 21, 2021 11:45 pm

philipali wrote:
codytranum wrote:
digithor wrote:

In NYCC... we may not have the privilege to get a chance at everything because the real CON is finally happening in NYC... so there's that... but still expecting a packed NYCC

That's a good point, just have to wait and see how they decide to do things for it.
HQ Grand Opening, ECCC Night and meetup at HQ, Hollywood Grand Opening, World Premier Making fun
ImageImageImageImage

partner-in-crime

Postby partner-in-crime » Fri Jul 23, 2021 3:08 pm

philipali wrote:I think this is the first con that there's no Scott PIlgrim or DBZ release ... might be a surprise drop?

I think it would be great if it happened, but I'm not going to hold my breath.
Hello funatics, I'm Alana and I love collecting dragon pops.

FUNDAYS 2016, 2018, 2019, 2022
FDO LA 8
World Premiere Making Fun
FUNKO Hollywood Grand Opening
[color=#FF8000]Mask O Raid 2022[/color]

mikechickenhead

Postby mikechickenhead » Fri Jul 23, 2021 4:13 pm

2 cons. No SP. I think we're at the end of the line sadly
HEY HO! FUNKO!

ImageImage Image Image
Fundays. 3 FDO. 3

Toronto

Postby Toronto » Fri Jul 23, 2021 4:55 pm

digithor wrote:
philipali wrote:
Toronto wrote:

They can spread it out with Fan Expo Canada happening in November.
Spread the love around. Its been what 3 years since the last Canadian con exclusive?
ISO:Spidey/Pennywise/Mono Conans, Jubilee & Scott Pilgrim Protos [Scott Common/Dorbz]
Dream Pops:Toronto Raptors player Pops, Kimono jacket Daniel from Karate Kid 2.
Hopeful Next Funko Store Location?: The desperately needed Toronto, ON Canada #FunkoToronto
Recently Completed: Calendar Go Sailor Moon [Thanks RedRoo], Scott Pilgrim Proto - Ramona & Gideon, Mooby Protos - Both Yellow & White!

digithor

Postby digithor » Sat Jul 24, 2021 3:29 am

Toronto wrote:
digithor wrote:
philipali wrote:

Spread the love around. Its been what 3 years since the last Canadian con exclusive?

It has been a while, they need to bring some of those exclusives over to western canada. :)
ImageImageImageImage

codytranum

Postby codytranum » Wed Jul 28, 2021 9:59 am

Toronto wrote:
digithor wrote:
philipali wrote:

Man, has it been that long? 2020 really just left a gap in my memory. Yeah, Fan Expo definitely needs some exclusives again

philipali

Postby philipali » Tue Aug 03, 2021 8:12 am

codytranum wrote:
Toronto wrote:
digithor wrote:

Man, has it been that long? 2020 really just left a gap in my memory. Yeah, Fan Expo definitely needs some exclusives again

Definitely... I think Fan Expo was also the last event Yoko participated in... and then she suddenly left
ImageImageImage
Image ImageImage

digithor

Postby digithor » Wed Aug 04, 2021 1:40 am

codytranum wrote:
Toronto wrote:
digithor wrote:

Gap for a lot of us with that, almost as long as some of those canadian exclusives.
ImageImageImageImage

Nemesis989

Postby Nemesis989 » Wed Aug 04, 2021 11:15 am

digithor wrote:
codytranum wrote:
Toronto wrote:

Gap for a lot of us with that, almost as long as some of those canadian exclusives.

FanExpo Canada in Toronto is something I kept trying to get to but could never make my schedule work. I've had to settle for the local Calgary version which has some "FanExpo Exclusive" pops for sale, but no Funko booth like Toronto got.
Thank you everyone for this awesome community

digithor

Postby digithor » Wed Aug 04, 2021 11:17 pm

Nemesis989 wrote:
digithor wrote:
codytranum wrote:Man, has it been that long? 2020 really just left a gap in my memory. Yeah, Fan Expo definitely needs some exclusives again

FanExpo Canada in Toronto is something I kept trying to get to but could never make my schedule work. I've had to settle for the local Calgary version which has some "FanExpo Exclusive" pops for sale, but no Funko booth like Toronto got.

Hah yeah, I found it to be a bad experience when ordering those on their site.

Would be pretty neat to see them bring in some of the people from scott pilgrim and have an exclusive at the same time. Get the pop signed at the same time.
ImageImageImageImage

Nemesis989

Postby Nemesis989 » Thu Aug 12, 2021 1:02 am

digithor wrote:
Nemesis989 wrote:
digithor wrote:

Would be pretty neat to see them bring in some of the people from scott pilgrim and have an exclusive at the same time. Get the pop signed at the same time.

Yeah I agree. It could be tough getting a Scott Pilgrim guest, most people have gone on to bigger things. But that would be great!

digithor

Postby digithor » Thu Aug 12, 2021 1:28 am

Nemesis989 wrote:
digithor wrote:
Nemesis989 wrote:

Yeah I agree. It could be tough getting a Scott Pilgrim guest, most people have gone on to bigger things. But that would be great!

It would be a challenge and probably only out of luck would it happen.

In the mean time what about animated look to some new pops?
ImageImageImageImage

Toronto

Postby Toronto » Thu Aug 19, 2021 9:56 am

Nemesis989 wrote:
digithor wrote:
codytranum wrote:Man, has it been that long? 2020 really just left a gap in my memory. Yeah, Fan Expo definitely needs some exclusives again

Would be nice for FanExpo Calgary to get some love - and I think the local Toronto folks should make the trek over to support!

digithor wrote:Hah yeah, I found it to be a bad experience when ordering those on their site.

THe FanExpo "store" is pretty terrible. All the items are in US pricing + overpriced and shipping is awful.

RE: Getting some of the Scott Pilgrim folks as guests - I always hoped that Funko would make a Crash and The Boys 3 Pack and get Erik Knudsen, Maurie W. Kaufmann and Abigail Chu as guests. Erik would be the hardest get as he is a working actor but I assume you can get him for this and also have him be there to sign for:
Continuum, Scream 4, and the dozen so odd series he has been apart of.

Them paired with Satya Bhabha, another easier get who can be also there for Sense8 and New Girl fandoms as well.
ISO:Spidey/Pennywise/Mono Conans, Jubilee & Scott Pilgrim Protos [Scott Common/Dorbz]
Hopeful Next Funko Store Location?: The desperately needed Toronto, ON Canada #FunkoToronto
Recently Completed: Calendar Go Sailor Moon [Thanks RedRoo], Scott Pilgrim Proto - Ramona & Gideon, Mooby Protos - Both Yellow & White!

digithor

Postby digithor » Thu Aug 19, 2021 11:59 pm

Toronto wrote:
Nemesis989 wrote:
digithor wrote:

Would be nice for FanExpo Calgary to get some love - and I think the local Toronto folks should make the trek over to support!

digithor wrote:Hah yeah, I found it to be a bad experience when ordering those on their site.

THe FanExpo "store" is pretty terrible. All the items are in US pricing + overpriced and shipping is awful.

RE: Getting some of the Scott Pilgrim folks as guests - I always hoped that Funko would make a Crash and The Boys 3 Pack and get Erik Knudsen, Maurie W. Kaufmann and Abigail Chu as guests. Erik would be the hardest get as he is a working actor but I assume you can get him for this and also have him be there to sign for:

Them paired with Satya Bhabha, another easier get who can be also there for Sense8 and New Girl fandoms as well.

It can be difficult getting those people when they have such busy schedules, funko could still surprise us with a crash and the boys 3 pack. They have done a few 2 packs, maybe time for a 3 pack if we bug them enough. :)
ImageImageImageImage

Nemesis989

Postby Nemesis989 » Mon Aug 23, 2021 5:55 pm

Toronto wrote:
Nemesis989 wrote:
digithor wrote:

What an awesome idea!
And yeah, FanExpo Calgary could certainly use some love :)

philipali

Postby philipali » Tue Aug 24, 2021 9:11 am

It's been a while since we saw a decent Scott Pilgrim Pop.. I think Global delays come into play with this... Hopefully it starts to pick up come NYCC...
ImageImageImage
Image ImageImage

Toronto

Postby Toronto » Mon Jan 03, 2022 8:20 pm

philipali wrote:It's been a while since we saw a decent Scott Pilgrim Pop.. I think Global delays come into play with this... Hopefully it starts to pick up come NYCC...

It looks like we are getting a new pop per year with
2018 - Lucas Lee (Fan Expo Canada)
2019 - Ramona (w/ Mallet) (ECCC)
2020 - Wallace (SDCC)
2021 - Kim Pine (ECCC)

So we are now in 2022, Who will the new pop be and when will it come out? I Hope for Fan Expo Canada and a Stacy Pop.

FunkOCD

Postby FunkOCD » Thu Jan 06, 2022 10:44 pm

Toronto wrote:
philipali wrote:It's been a while since we saw a decent Scott Pilgrim Pop.. I think Global delays come into play with this... Hopefully it starts to pick up come NYCC...

2020 - Wallace (SDCC)
2021 - Kim Pine (ECCC)

So we are now in 2022, Who will the new pop be and when will it come out? I Hope for Fan Expo Canada and a Stacy Pop.

Are we not counting the sodas?
ImageImageImageImage

digithor

Postby digithor » Fri Jan 07, 2022 2:13 am

FunkOCD wrote:
Toronto wrote:

2020 - Wallace (SDCC)
2021 - Kim Pine (ECCC)

Are we not counting the sodas?

Good catch there, certainly was more when the sodas are counted.
ImageImageImageImage

Toronto

Postby Toronto » Fri Jan 07, 2022 6:58 pm

I doubt we are getting the complete cast with Sodas. So I didn't count that..I do hope we get more for both.

Also news just broke:

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/movies/movie-news/scott-pilgrim-anime-series-netflix-1235071580/

Animation studio is the same that did "Keep Your Hands Off Eizouken!"

So more Pilgrim content is coming!

Nemesis989

Postby Nemesis989 » Mon Jan 10, 2022 1:28 am

Toronto wrote:I doubt we are getting the complete cast with Sodas. So I didn't count that..I do hope we get more for both.

Also news just broke:

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/movies/movie-news/scott-pilgrim-anime-series-netflix-1235071580/

Animation studio is the same that did "Keep Your Hands Off Eizouken!"

So more Pilgrim content is coming!

That's interesting, I wonder if it's a retelling or new stories

digithor

Postby digithor » Mon Jan 10, 2022 1:41 am

I briefly came across that news also, certainly could bring around some new products.
ImageImageImageImage

Optimistic

Postby Optimistic » Tue Jan 11, 2022 10:43 pm

I know BLOM is not a fan of Funko's products, but this is the right opportunity to release new designs as they'd look in the comics and/or upcoming series
:freddy4:

Animation (and occasionally Ad Icons) collector. Dorbz (RIP), Soda, Pop and Pez focused.

FunkOCD

Postby FunkOCD » Tue Jan 11, 2022 11:37 pm

Optimistic wrote:I know BLOM is not a fan of Funko's products, but this is the right opportunity to release new designs as they'd look in the comics and/or upcoming series

Interesting! Is that on record or opinions he's expressed in non interview settings?
ImageImageImageImage

Optimistic

Postby Optimistic » Fri Jan 14, 2022 12:59 am

FunkOCD wrote:
Optimistic wrote:I know BLOM is not a fan of Funko's products, but this is the right opportunity to release new designs as they'd look in the comics and/or upcoming series

Interesting! Is that on record or opinions he's expressed in non interview settings?

I had to dig a bit but it was on social media and it wasn't pretty. Posting it on the other site just because there's cursing and idk how mods feel with it

https://i.imgur.com/ZilmW0T.jpg

Main thing is that when Universal made the film he gave rights for them to merch their interpretation of the characters, which is who Funko goes through directly since BLOM doesn't need the money and doesn't like their products so he won't let Funko use the comic designs. That's why every SP figure is based on the movie and not overly like the comics
:freddy4:

Animation (and occasionally Ad Icons) collector. Dorbz (RIP), Soda, Pop and Pez focused.

digithor

Postby digithor » Fri Jan 14, 2022 1:29 am

Optimistic wrote:
FunkOCD wrote:

I had to dig a bit but it was on social media and it wasn't pretty. Posting it on the other site just because there's cursing and idk how mods feel with it

Main thing is that when Universal made the film he gave rights for them to merch their interpretation of the characters, which is who Funko goes through directly since BLOM doesn't need the money and doesn't like their products so he won't let Funko use the comic designs. That's why every SP figure is based on the movie and not overly like the comics

Hrm, that's interesting to see about the products.
ImageImageImageImage

FunkOCD

Postby FunkOCD » Fri Jan 14, 2022 2:11 pm

digithor wrote:
Optimistic wrote:
FunkOCD wrote:

Completely understand where he's coming from on this. It's another artist's interpretation of his work that he never signed off on. Fair on his part to be unhappy that his blood sweat and tears is not in par to his level.
ImageImageImageImage

digithor

Postby digithor » Sat Jan 15, 2022 1:32 am

FunkOCD wrote:
digithor wrote:
Optimistic wrote:

Completely understand where he's coming from on this. It's another artist's interpretation of his work that he never signed off on. Fair on his part to be unhappy that his blood sweat and tears is not in par to his level.

I can see how he wouldn't be happy with some designs, might not be the first time or the last but it's bound to happen when you create something and don't have the final approval. Let's just get some more pops and sodas for the line. :)
ImageImageImageImage

FunkOCD

Postby FunkOCD » Sun Jan 16, 2022 2:07 am

digithor wrote:
FunkOCD wrote:
digithor wrote:

I can see how he wouldn't be happy with some designs, might not be the first time or the last but it's bound to happen when you create something and don't have the final approval. Let's just get some more pops and sodas for the line. :)

Maybe we'll get sometime for Wonder on! :0
ImageImageImageImage

Toronto

Postby Toronto » Wed Jan 26, 2022 3:22 pm

Optimistic wrote:
FunkOCD wrote:

The sodas are a required taste, so I understand. And having merch made where you had no heads up or any royalties coming in is a bit of a slap in the face, especially when others seemingly have done so. I understand why Funko didn't as they aren't communicating with Marvel artists for the pops they make form the movie - their is someone from Disney that handles that directly.

I assume with the Netflix deal that BLOM is directly involved with - that any merch made from that project will be going into his pockets. So I hope for 2 things:
1) Funko starts releasing the last bit of items that we are missing from the movie (Julie, Stacy, Crash and The Boys, a 3rd Knives Pop, a Knives Dorbz Set and more Sodas) before the netflix show comes out.
2) Funko works a deal with the netflix show for new merch based on the Cartoon (and indirectly the comics).

digithor

Postby digithor » Thu Jan 27, 2022 2:27 am

FunkOCD wrote:
digithor wrote:
FunkOCD wrote:

Maybe we'll get sometime for Wonder on! :0

Considering the day they have it planned to start, I don't know what to think about releases they might do.
ImageImageImageImage

rexflexall

Postby rexflexall » Thu Jan 27, 2022 10:53 am

Some more sodas would be cool!

FunkOCD

Postby FunkOCD » Tue Feb 01, 2022 3:29 am

Toronto wrote:
Optimistic wrote:
FunkOCD wrote:

The sodas are a required taste, so I understand. And having merch made where you had no heads up or any royalties coming in is a bit of a slap in the face, especially when others seemingly have done so. I understand why Funko didn't as they aren't communicating with Marvel artists for the pops they make form the movie - their is someone from Disney that handles that directly.

I assume with the Netflix deal that BLOM is directly involved with - that any merch made from that project will be going into his pockets. So I hope for 2 things:
1) Funko starts releasing the last bit of items that we are missing from the movie (Julie, Stacy, Crash and The Boys, a 3rd Knives Pop, a Knives Dorbz Set and more Sodas) before the netflix show comes out.
2) Funko works a deal with the netflix show for new merch based on the Cartoon (and indirectly the comics).

Dorbz are DOA at this point. Maybe, just maybe we'll get a few more pops and more likely sodas but we're probably pining too much at this point...
ImageImageImageImage

Return to “Pop!”