How many POPs do you add to your collection a month?

We're not talking about soda, folks. This forum is dedicated to Funko's stylish Pop! series of vinyl figures, with or without springs.
Forum rules
This section is for general Pop discussion, not showing off your recent acquisitions. Please use the Dance Hall for collection addition pictures.

Please post Funko subscription box and item discussions in the Powered By Funko section.
Agent_K

How many POPs do you add to your collection a month?

Postby Agent_K » Sat Feb 27, 2016 6:02 pm

I am fairly new to this and have averaged about 25-30 a month in the first few months, but that is not sustainable because...money, room, # of POPs I want decreasing as I buy them.

I am curious, especially from those who are long time collectors, how many do you add to your collection (on average) in a month? I know some months are going to be higher because of releases that interest you, but what kind of rabbit hole have I found myself in?

Squird
Hall of Fame Class of 2012
Hall of Fame Class of 2012

Re: How many POPs do you add to your collection a month?

Postby Squird » Sat Feb 27, 2016 6:11 pm

I'm at a point that I only add if I subtract also. One goes in, two or three go out. Cuts down on having to buy shelves.
Funklub: 11181

Barryyyyy

Postby Barryyyyy » Sat Feb 27, 2016 6:34 pm

I usually average 1 maybe 2 (if there's a BOGO deal of some sort) a week. No offense, but if I were averaging 25-30 a month, I would just be buying stuff to have it and not because I actually want it. I only have about 3 lines that I focus on with a couple odds & ends thrown in that I just really like.
Last edited by Barryyyyy on Sat Feb 27, 2016 7:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Hi! I'm Barry

Instagram: barryyyyy_mac

HowardTheDuck

Postby HowardTheDuck » Sat Feb 27, 2016 6:58 pm

I'd say I add maybe 10 a month. Sometimes more.
I'm Julian. HowardTheFunatic on IG!
ISO: FREDDY FUNKO CAPTAIN AMERICA, FREDDY FUNKO STORMTROOPER, FAIRLY ODD PARENTS 3 PACK, CONTEST OF CHAMPIONS HOWARD THE DUCK PROTO, MAN-THING PROTO, BRUTUS THE BUCKEYE PROTO

emk194

Postby emk194 » Sat Feb 27, 2016 7:21 pm

When I bought my first Pop! (I think it was 2012???), it was basically 1 or 2 a year. When I went to FanExpo 2013, I bought about 10 of them. Didn't buy any new ones until FanExpo 2015 (I was in South Korea for all of 2014). I am at 50 Pops after roughly 4 years. lol I don't consider myself a "collector". I just buy ones that have some meaning to me. I'm really picky.
Hey yo, I'm Elyn!

Peachtree

Postby Peachtree » Sat Feb 27, 2016 7:24 pm

I've collected for about a year and a half and I average between two and five a month, I'd estimate. Typically don't exceed more than five as finances typically don't let me go much higher.
My name is Samuel, nice to meet you!
Instagram: PeachtreeFunko
ISO: Astro Boy T-Shirt Scott Pilgrim

Boinky

Postby Boinky » Sat Feb 27, 2016 7:25 pm

Yeah wow 25-30 a month sounds high to me even as a new collector (which I am as well) But then again I got a few deals recently so may've been close to that in the last month (got a good deal on the first 11 TFA Pops, which I had only 1 of so far, so only 1 duped) So I guess without realizing it maybe at least 1 month recently I bought about that many, but I'm somewhere around maybe 110 or so Pops so far & some of those are dupes intended to trade off for things I don't have

Fawny

Postby Fawny » Sat Feb 27, 2016 7:41 pm

Some months we don't buy any at all and other months we buy a lot, esp if a new wave has come out. But, we have 52 Pops, been collecting for about 15 months now. So, 3-4 a month on average.
Image Image
Courtesies: SPN Sig: ChinoX Team Badges: valorandvellum Team Tardis: hailmary25

0ShadowStories

Postby 0ShadowStories » Sat Feb 27, 2016 7:48 pm

Depends on the releases that month. Like in February I think I added about 20, and I already know I got near 30 on my list for march, but I don't think really any for april

wonderful217

Postby wonderful217 » Sat Feb 27, 2016 7:51 pm

At the moment I'm averaging probably -10 lol Last year I had about 400, now I'm down to about 240. I still buy some, but I definitely get rid of more than I buy. I've gotten worn out on pops, there are too many coming out every month, too many exclusives, and just too many people buying them just sell them for double. I prefer wobblers and dorbz, it's much more fun for me, I've even found 5 dorbz chases in the past 3 months. And it's crazy to see how high some of the random pops I've had sitting around for years go for now :eek:

cflames89

Postby cflames89 » Sat Feb 27, 2016 11:17 pm

Depends on what we fine. Only added two this month.

Lost

Postby Lost » Sat Feb 27, 2016 11:55 pm

yikes, I feel bad and know I need to cut back after seeing these replies, also knew anyways, only been collecting 3 months now, but probably averaging around 30-40 a month... hope to cut back to like 10-15 a month this month!

gxwhyelle

Postby gxwhyelle » Sun Feb 28, 2016 12:19 am

I go months without adding any, then I have a month or two where I get easily 20 or more because I have to play catch up!! I trick myself into thinking I spend less if I don't buy them every month lol
grace / @gracexyl - IG

LF color protos: TWS & AOU Capt America, AOU Thor & always & forever: Original Loki :love4:

HappinessGuano

Postby HappinessGuano » Sun Feb 28, 2016 12:37 am

It depends on how tight money is that month, but I'm usually at around 3-5 (not counting Christmas or my birth month, where that number jumps)
Too soon?

Strending625
Collector of the Month
Collector of the Month

Postby Strending625 » Sun Feb 28, 2016 12:46 am

I've been collecting since mid October of 2015, so I'm still a "newer" collector to a certain extent. But with hot cash last month along with some other deals I've added far too many since New Years. I didn't buy any in the month of December and I think I was trying to make up for it in January. I am trying to slow down though because my wife just told me she doesn't even really know what we have in our collection anymore. Total in the past 2 months I've acquired
Spoiler: show
122 pops
:eek:
Brandon
Duty today for a funner tomorrow
Pops: More than my wife needs to know about lol

HappinessGuano

Postby HappinessGuano » Sun Feb 28, 2016 12:51 am

Strending625 wrote:I am trying to slow down though because my wife just told me she doesn't even really know what we have in our collection anymore.

This is why there are several of us who are keeping track one way or another. (Pop Price Guide, spreadsheet, app, etc.)
Too soon?

thejosh2010
HoF 2020 & CotM
HoF 2020 & CotM

Postby thejosh2010 » Sun Feb 28, 2016 12:58 am

No way to know specifically, but between Spastiks, Wobbler's, POP's, Hikari's, etc....maybe at least 30ish, AND I LOVE every single one of them! I always assume it would slow, but is usually more lol

This is after 6 days of being out of town for work ;-) Thank goodness my Dad doesn't use his sofa :-"

COTM 01/18
HALL OF FAME 2020 #79
IG: THEJOSH2010
Funko LOVE in the Heart of the Appalachia

anm00727

Postby anm00727 » Sun Feb 28, 2016 2:00 am

I have only been collecting for almost 2 months, and I have grown to 63 (that is about 30 per month). I assume it will slow down eventually, but not soon, due to having at least 7 come in next week, plus a handful more the week after, then will go hunting in the states after that.

Right now I mainly collect Star Wars, just finished DBZ, have a handful of Marvel. I try to focus on a single series plus star wars.

I do not think I will slow down much due to the upcoming releases (Futurama, DBZ, Star Wars) but something has got to give eventually. Right? Right? Help me...
IG: funko.max
Started collecting: Jan 01, 2016
POP!s: 350

Fundays: 2018

ISO:
- Pops: Freddy Boba Fett [LE24], Freddy Clone Trooper [LE12]
- Minis: Lurtz, Eowen, Witch King, Nazgul, Gimli
- Wobblers: LOTR/Hobbit

butwevegotheart

Postby butwevegotheart » Sun Feb 28, 2016 3:38 am

I've only been collecting since the end of October, and I'm up to 36 now, so that's about 8 per month. But, I'm getting to the point where I have a lot of the commons that I wanted when I started, or the ones I still want haven't come out yet this year, so I'm getting pickier and slowing down since a lot of the ones I still want are either exclusives or vaulted.
I'm Steph! My favorite, and main, Funko Pop lines that I'm currently collecting are The Walking Dead, Hannibal, Disney, Game of Thrones, Supernatural, and Doctor Who.
Funko Pop Count: 109
Mystery Minis: 41
My current grails: SDCC Bryan Fuller, Unmasked Captain America, Unmasked/Masked Winter Soldier

Pixel

Postby Pixel » Sun Feb 28, 2016 5:29 am

Too many!
Well, I can argue that the collection is growing due to the fact that two people are buying and we have been trying to play catch up. I think things may slow down as only a few existing pieces of the lines we are most interested in are left, and will depend of what comes out. That is as long as we stay away from any new (and exhaustive) lines. And there is a limit to what we are willing to pay for one Pop so if a missing piece has an exorbitant price, we will live without it.
Pop! count: 85

Pryde72

Postby Pryde72 » Sun Feb 28, 2016 7:30 am

Well since I get MCC and Smugglers Bounty...there's at least one added each month :)

I'm in a situation like Squird, where if I buy one, I need to get rid of one to make room
I used to be a werewolf, but I’m alright nooooooooooow :cat:

AddictToPOPpinVinyl

Postby AddictToPOPpinVinyl » Sun Feb 28, 2016 7:37 am

When I first started that number was obscenely high. I pretty much have everything that I want that has already been released. Now I'm at the point now where I'm only buying new releases. With how often Funko releases new stuff, that number is still probably about 15-25 on average.
Mike

lunarembrace

Postby lunarembrace » Sun Feb 28, 2016 10:30 am

I used to buy around 10 or more a month. It's down now to just a few a month, just because I haven't found a new job yet. I love all the lines I collect, but I'm getting overwhelmed by all the new pieces coming out. If there's a good deal, I'll buy more, but at this time I'm only really getting the exclusives for the most part.
Melissa

MadLove
HoF 2019 & CotM
HoF 2019 & CotM

Postby MadLove » Sun Feb 28, 2016 10:47 am

It depends on what's coming in and if I've been spending money on other things. This month I've bought maybe a dozen, last month way less than that because there weren't too many I was interested in. Next month I have to start putting money toward other things so it likely won't be too many (my "to purchase" pile will be huge though what with the new HP and GoT slowly trickling in.
They/Them
ISO PROTOS: Labyrinth Jareth w/ riding crop, Harley Bombshell Rock Candy and David from The Lost Boys Mystery Mini.

Geniusrecluse8

Postby Geniusrecluse8 » Sun Feb 28, 2016 12:01 pm

I've cut back A LOT last year, to the point where I almost feel ashamed to call myself a collector, especially compared to most of the people on here. I would say I currently buy 2 or 3 a month? Sometimes less, sometimes more, depending on what is being released. I've become very selective, only buying what I really like (not every character and every variant like I used to) and somehow I enjoy it more now. Makes me really appreciate every new addition.

It's gonna be hard with the Harry Potter Pops coming soon though. Gonna have to make some tough decisions.
This post was brought to you by Sam

DrTarr

Postby DrTarr » Sun Feb 28, 2016 12:45 pm

I've been collecting for 3 months now and I have 33 PoPs. 11 per month. I have a few more on order (Civil War) right now, and will be ordering more this week (Flash Gordon). But I'll probably slow down after month 4. I'm pretty specific on what I want.

kevin87

Postby kevin87 » Sun Feb 28, 2016 12:52 pm

it varies, when I started I'd get 5-10 a week because I had so little and there was so much to get.. now I've calmed down about it, I realized I won't get ALL the ones I want which makes me less interested in some, and I've just come to realize I didn't NEED some of them and will be selling them off lol now that I only focus on mostly HP and DW and just get others I want (Arrow, Flash, some GOT, some other random movies/tv/Disney I like) it has gone down to 0-10 a month depending on how much a series has.

Pop_Fly

Postby Pop_Fly » Sun Feb 28, 2016 1:10 pm

I buy as many as my finances will allow that week could be 20 could be 1 all depends on each individual
1st pop : Man of Steel Superman

50th pop: Pink Harley Quinn

100th pop: Kit Fisto

Favorite pop : GITD Hulk

ISO: Ghost Rider

T-Diamond Stylus

Postby T-Diamond Stylus » Sun Feb 28, 2016 1:12 pm

The last time I really splurged was back in Sept-Oct when I bought the entire NFL line. But for the past 4 months I've picked up maybe 6. I've really consolidated what I'm buying now. I know I'll be getting all the new characters tuesday from civil war.
Image Image Image Image

treswright

Postby treswright » Sun Feb 28, 2016 1:34 pm

I don't buy Pops any more. Unfortunately I don't buy any less either lol
Howdy, I'm Tres :-)

Graddas80

Postby Graddas80 » Sun Feb 28, 2016 1:40 pm

I have been collecting for 10 months and have 30. I feel like Im a bit late to the party as some of the ones I need to complete a certain movie or tv show are retired and expensive.
Adam, Scotland

mikechickenhead

Postby mikechickenhead » Sun Feb 28, 2016 1:56 pm

would "as many as possible" be a correct answer??? :)
HEY HO! FUNKO!

ImageImage Image Image
Fundays. 3 FDO. 3

Propellarhead9

Postby Propellarhead9 » Sun Feb 28, 2016 3:08 pm

I average somewhere between 5-15 a week depending on what I can find.
My Collection:
Mystery Minis: 76
Dorbz: 127
Reaction: 4
Wacky Wobblers: 4
Vinyl Idolz: 1
Rock Candy: 2
Pint Size Heroes: 25

poppetmaster

Postby poppetmaster » Sun Feb 28, 2016 3:49 pm

TOO MANY. My house is overrun with POPs, Hikaris and Wobblers and my wife is pis*sssed about it lol lol lol

Rozureido

Postby Rozureido » Sun Feb 28, 2016 6:20 pm

Some months zero, other months it has been as many as 25. This month it was 8. With GoT, Harry Potter and Sailor Moon all coming over the next couple months they will probably be high purchase months, but then there is nothing else coming this year (revealed so far) that I'm interested in Pop wise till Golden Girls. Other than that there are only about 5 or 6 pops left in production that I want. Any others are high priced grails that I'm not sure I will even go far. I love my Pops, but spending over 100 dollars on one seems a bit much for me.

The Head

Postby The Head » Sun Feb 28, 2016 6:45 pm

Rozureido wrote:Some months zero, other months it has been as many as 25. This month it was 8. With GoT, Harry Potter and Sailor Moon all coming over the next couple months they will probably be high purchase months, but then there is nothing else coming this year (revealed so far) that I'm interested in Pop wise till Golden Girls. Other than that there are only about 5 or 6 pops left in production that I want. Any others are high priced grails that I'm not sure I will even go far. I love my Pops, but spending over 100 dollars on one seems a bit much for me.

I'm in the same boat. I can go a while without anything, but then everything hits and it seems like I'm purchasing 20+ in a month. I will admit there have been months I was well over that, but that was when I did a couple big bulk purchases and got sweet deals. Those are obviously the exception.

hawklovespurple

Postby hawklovespurple » Sun Feb 28, 2016 7:12 pm

I can go months without buying any and then suddenly either a new line/wave comes out and I'm buying tons in that month. On average I would say 2-5 per month. It depends on money, and what's out/what do I need. If it's an exclusive I tend to be more on the hunt versus a pop I know several stores will carry and I can grab later on I don't feel as rushed. However with the new HP, DC, and Marvel pops coming out my number will most likely increase for a bit. ;)
ImageImageImageImageImage
Katie here.
ISO: Winter Soldier Masked Pop

EZA

Postby EZA » Wed Apr 13, 2016 2:28 pm

for me its about 20 per month it averages out to be. After 32 months as a collector and a little over 700 pieces of Funko goodness!

Eric collecting Funko since July 29, 2013 but a collector since 1977
Follow me on Instagram: needful_toys

Milotti

Postby Milotti » Wed Apr 13, 2016 4:14 pm

I only own a few Pops tbh. I actually prefer other Funko lines like the minis, and I plan on collecting some of the new wobblers when Disney and Pixar characters are released.

FunkoNewb
Spirit Award
Spirit Award

Postby FunkoNewb » Wed Apr 13, 2016 4:28 pm

Maybe an average of 1-2. But about to be zero or only ironman
Mike, ISO Freddy Spider-Man wobbler proto and Green GITD Infredible Hulk wobbler.
IG: mikemcc83

Return to “Pop!”