HOW DO WE SAVE THE DOCTOR WHO LINE?

We're not talking about soda, folks. This forum is dedicated to Funko's stylish Pop! series of vinyl figures, with or without springs.
Forum rules
This section is for general Pop discussion, not showing off your recent acquisitions. Please use the Dance Hall for collection addition pictures.

Please post Funko subscription box and item discussions in the Powered By Funko section.
Imagery
Hall of Fame Class of 2022

Re: HOW DO WE SAVE THE DOCTOR WHO LINE?

Postby Imagery » Sat Mar 12, 2022 1:00 am

Jenna Coleman will be at a local con next weekend and I'm debating on getting Clara signed
Funklub member 2016000004714 a.k.a. Sarah
ISO: Ursula, 1/24 Freddy Mad Hatter; NBC Zero Mopeez; Despicable Me 3 Target exclusive PSHs; Freddy Flux Winky and Smiley; HT & Walmart exclusive Disney Villains MMs
Funko events attended: 2016 Fright Night; 2017 & 2018 FDO — Canada; Funkon 2021; Fundays Teams 2017 — Justice League, 2018 — Goonies, 2019 — Loko Moko, 2021 — Proto Punks, 2022 — Pop Protectors

Greymom

Postby Greymom » Sat Mar 12, 2022 1:06 am

Pryde72 wrote:I actually just realised how many I’d missed. I’d see them in stores and think “oh I will pick it up later”….but later never happened.

Oh the shame!

Ugh....hate it when that happens! I very rarely do an impulse buy and I usually live to regret it.

scullysdad

Postby scullysdad » Mon Mar 14, 2022 2:54 pm

Greymom wrote:
Pryde72 wrote:I actually just realised how many I’d missed. I’d see them in stores and think “oh I will pick it up later”….but later never happened.

Oh the shame!

Ugh....hate it when that happens! I very rarely do an impulse buy and I usually live to regret it.

I am the total opposite, I always do impulse buys and regret them later lol

My regret with this line was early when I gave the common 10, 11, and 11 with mop to my niece. I had just started buying Pops and thought I should just have one version of every character, so I kept 10 with 3D glasses and 11 with Handles and dumped the rest. My way of thinking has definitely changed since then, you can ask the many Boba Fett, Aang, and Eleven from Stranger Things Pops I have.
Please Funko make Taylor Swift Pops!

Most wanted non-Taylor Pops: Carson Teva, Naru from Prey, The Last of Us TV show

fbingha

Postby fbingha » Tue Mar 15, 2022 4:55 pm

Imagery wrote:Jenna Coleman will be at a local con next weekend and I'm debating on getting Clara signed

What's the debate? $70 - Do it!

Imagery

Postby Imagery » Tue Mar 15, 2022 6:42 pm

fbingha wrote:
Imagery wrote:Jenna Coleman will be at a local con next weekend and I'm debating on getting Clara signed

I'm actually kinda annoyed now because I was only going one day so decided on Saturday for John Cusack and now he's cancelled, but Jenna is only there Friday. These one day appearances are tough
ISO: Ursula, 1/24 Freddy Mad Hatter; NBC Zero Mopeez; Despicable Me 3 Target exclusive PSHs; Freddy Flux Winky and Smiley; HT & Walmart exclusive Disney Villains MMs
Funko events attended: 2016 Fright Night; 2017 & 2018 FDO — Canada; Funkon 2021; Fundays Teams 2017 — Justice League, 2018 — Goonies, 2019 — Loko Moko, 2021 — Proto Punks, 2022 — Pop Protectors

Pryde72

Postby Pryde72 » Sat Mar 26, 2022 12:11 am

Imagery wrote:
fbingha wrote:

I'm actually kinda annoyed now because I was only going one day so decided on Saturday for John Cusack and now he's cancelled, but Jenna is only there Friday. These one day appearances are tough

Oh doh! I want to get her to sign a pop, and Karen.

Luckily I’m getting Tennant at a con, the weekend after next!
I used to be a werewolf, but I’m alright nooooooooooow :cat:

Imagery

Postby Imagery » Sat Mar 26, 2022 12:04 pm

Pryde72 wrote:
Imagery wrote:
fbingha wrote:What's the debate? $70 - Do it!

She ended up cancelling at the last minute as well, so glad I didn't shell out for more than one day

Pryde72

Postby Pryde72 » Tue Mar 29, 2022 10:50 pm

Imagery wrote:
Pryde72 wrote:
Imagery wrote:I'm actually kinda annoyed now because I was only going one day so decided on Saturday for John Cusack and now he's cancelled, but Jenna is only there Friday. These one day appearances are tough

She ended up cancelling at the last minute as well, so glad I didn't shell out for more than one day

Ugh what a pain

I recently had Berenthal cancel an appearance as well

Imagery

Postby Imagery » Tue Apr 05, 2022 11:49 am

Pryde72 wrote:
Imagery wrote:
Pryde72 wrote:Oh doh! I want to get her to sign a pop, and Karen.

Ugh what a pain
I recently had Berenthal cancel an appearance as well

These con guest lists seem to be really unreliable right now. The organizers are using the names to get people to buy tickets, but then it's nothing but disappointment

scullysdad

Postby scullysdad » Tue Apr 05, 2022 12:04 pm

Imagery wrote:These con guest lists seem to be really unreliable right now. The organizers are using the names to get people to buy tickets, but then it's nothing but disappointment

You nailed it - I sent a few Pops from The Boys to be signed and mysteriously two of the three people canceled the night before. Pretty sure they know more than a day in advance Dominique McElligot would not be there.

Most wanted non-Taylor Pops: Carson Teva, Naru from Prey, The Last of Us TV show

hailmary25

Postby hailmary25 » Tue Apr 05, 2022 12:17 pm

scullysdad wrote:
Imagery wrote:These con guest lists seem to be really unreliable right now. The organizers are using the names to get people to buy tickets, but then it's nothing but disappointment

You nailed it - I sent a few Pops from The Boys to be signed and mysteriously two of the three people canceled the night before. Pretty sure they know more than a day in advance Dominique McElligot would not be there.

I know there is no pop for Donna but Catherine Tate just cancelled for fan expo Philly. Worst part is she didn't even sign on all that long ago.

Side note really wish we could just get a Donna pop then I would be happy lol
Signed Pops:101
MM: 116
Pops :554
First Pop: Jax Teller
Most Recent: Signed DW Silence
Top Pop: Cobweb Bilbo

The4thCurator

Postby The4thCurator » Tue Apr 05, 2022 6:36 pm

Really hope this line gets some more love! Maybe some Dorbz
ImageImageImage Image

Greymom

Postby Greymom » Wed Apr 06, 2022 2:44 am

hailmary25 wrote:
scullysdad wrote:

I know there is no pop for Donna but Catherine Tate just cancelled for fan expo Philly. Worst part is she didn't even sign on all that long ago.

My favorite companion! Donna deserves the Pop treatment!

hailmary25

Postby hailmary25 » Wed Apr 06, 2022 9:24 am

Greymom wrote:
hailmary25 wrote:
scullysdad wrote:

She isn't my favorite and honestly first time I watched her I hated her. 2nd and 3rd time I liked her More and more.

I will hold out hope she will get a convention exclusive or something. I mean they didn't make any LOTR pops for awhile but just showed us an earth day gandalf

fbingha

Postby fbingha » Wed Apr 06, 2022 9:33 am

Fredo66 wrote:Really hope this line gets some more love! Maybe some Dorbz

Shoot for the moon with this one.

The4thCurator

Postby The4thCurator » Wed Apr 06, 2022 11:43 am

fbingha wrote:
Fredo66 wrote:Really hope this line gets some more love! Maybe some Dorbz

Shoot for the moon with this one.

Hey, we all know that Brian loves Dorbz plus Freddy was just asking about them.
ImageImageImage Image

Imagery

Postby Imagery » Mon Apr 11, 2022 10:52 pm

Greymom wrote:
hailmary25 wrote:
scullysdad wrote:You nailed it - I sent a few Pops from The Boys to be signed and mysteriously two of the three people canceled the night before. Pretty sure they know more than a day in advance Dominique McElligot would not be there.

Totally agree! She's fantastic and needs a Pop!

The4thCurator

Postby The4thCurator » Tue Apr 12, 2022 1:01 am

Imagery wrote:
Greymom wrote:
hailmary25 wrote:I know there is no pop for Donna but Catherine Tate just cancelled for fan expo Philly. Worst part is she didn't even sign on all that long ago.

I tell everyone this Donna needs a Chase version as well Donna in Wedding Gown. Also Martha deserves a Chase version as well, Adeola Oshodi. Definitely need more villains.
ImageImageImage Image

Imagery

Postby Imagery » Tue Apr 12, 2022 10:27 pm

Fredo66 wrote:
Imagery wrote:
Greymom wrote:My favorite companion! Donna deserves the Pop treatment!

I tell everyone this Donna needs a Chase version as well Donna in Wedding Gown. Also Martha deserves a Chase version as well, Adeola Oshodi. Definitely need more villains.

It's definitely one of those lines that feels like they're still missing some key characters

scullysdad

Postby scullysdad » Thu Apr 14, 2022 12:47 am

Imagery wrote:
Fredo66 wrote:
Imagery wrote:Totally agree! She's fantastic and needs a Pop!

It's definitely one of those lines that feels like they're still missing some key characters

Missing seven Doctors at least (2, 3, 5, 6, 7, 8, Fugitive)

anime23

Postby anime23 » Thu Apr 14, 2022 12:41 pm

They should do some doctor's multi packs.
Would you believe I just found the signature block? My name is Kimberly check out my foodagram @imonehungrynerd or nerdy stuff @thenerdelement

Image Image

Imagery

Postby Imagery » Fri Apr 15, 2022 11:25 pm

scullysdad wrote:
Imagery wrote:
Fredo66 wrote:I tell everyone this Donna needs a Chase version as well Donna in Wedding Gown. Also Martha deserves a Chase version as well, Adeola Oshodi. Definitely need more villains.

Missing seven Doctors at least (2, 3, 5, 6, 7, 8, Fugitive)

Yup. Feels so incomplete without at least one per Doctor

The4thCurator

Postby The4thCurator » Sat Apr 16, 2022 12:11 am

Definitely need some more version of the TARDIS
ImageImageImage Image

hailmary25

Postby hailmary25 » Sat Apr 23, 2022 11:20 am

Imagery wrote:
Fredo66 wrote:
Imagery wrote:Totally agree! She's fantastic and needs a Pop!

Yeah like if you can release a gandalf years after last LOTR pop why not a DW one here or there.

Dville

Postby Dville » Fri May 06, 2022 2:02 am

Disappointed that this collection has gone in the tank. Hopefully with a new doctor it will be regenerated, so to speak. Also want to add that several of the Doctor Who cast seem notorious for canceling their con events. So that doesn’t help.
ImageImageImage

volsspongebob

Postby volsspongebob » Fri May 06, 2022 1:56 pm

Dville wrote:Disappointed that this collection has gone in the tank. Hopefully with a new doctor it will be regenerated, so to speak. Also want to add that several of the Doctor Who cast seem notorious for canceling their con events. So that doesn’t help.

If the next Doctor announcement gets the fan base excited Funko will take notice and will ramp this line back up. Even if it is James Corden.
Love to Collect the 80s stuff. Also chasing the OG Rocky Set. First Funko Purchase was 2012 SDCC.

MISSING FUNDAYS ON A DAILY BASIS!!

[size=85]Image

scullysdad

Postby scullysdad » Sun May 08, 2022 10:09 am

Well now that the 14th Doctor was announced, we will be even further behind if we don’t get a few more Doctors released!

BRiley0216

Postby BRiley0216 » Mon May 09, 2022 10:00 am

Might have a new surge with the new Doctor being announced

hailmary25

Postby hailmary25 » Mon May 09, 2022 10:15 am

BRiley0216 wrote:Might have a new surge with the new Doctor being announced

One can only hope

Mario Wario

Postby Mario Wario » Mon May 09, 2022 10:57 am

I hope so! :bounce:
:freddy1:

Mawhonic7

Postby Mawhonic7 » Mon May 09, 2022 4:09 pm

A new Doctor will definitely re-energize the line!
Hi! I’m Eric

The4thCurator

Postby The4thCurator » Mon May 09, 2022 4:23 pm

Mawhonic7 wrote:A new Doctor will definitely re-energize the line!

We can only hope, but we did only get 2 pops of Jodie and 4 villains. I'd really love some Mystery Minis!
ImageImageImage Image

Dville

Postby Dville » Mon May 09, 2022 5:58 pm

New Doctor...New Pops! Can't wait!
ImageImageImage

Lexi

Postby Lexi » Mon May 09, 2022 6:03 pm

That is what I am hoping for. Fingers crossed [-o<
FUNKO FUNDAYS 2015, 2016, 2022
FDO LA 6
World Premiere Making Fun

Funko Hollywood Grand Opening
FUNKON 2021

akagalar

Postby akagalar » Tue May 10, 2022 11:50 am

Though it may be another year before pops of the new doctor I am excited and hopeful we will see them
Image Image

dolphinax2

Postby dolphinax2 » Tue May 10, 2022 6:52 pm

Yeah, I am keeping my fingers crossed that with the announcement of the new Doctor the line will be re-energized.
Hi. I'm Jeanne (Go by Gina).
I like Nightmare Before Christmas and anything else that catches my eye :)
FUNKO FUNKLUB #13433

[b]Fundays:2015,2016,2017,2018,2019,2020[/b]
Funko Fright Night2016
Funko Hollywood Grand Opening
World Premiere - Making Fun
Funko Virtual Con 2020
Funkon 2021
FDO 6,7,8 & 9
https://i.ibb.co/wg3cKBx/hJXGyyX.png

anime23

Postby anime23 » Wed May 11, 2022 12:44 am

I already saw the article with the new doctor. I thought they did an announcement trailer or something but they just released an article. I Was like... I remember the trailer when Jodi was shown.. why didn't they do something like that lol
Would you believe I just found the signature block? My name is Kimberly check out my foodagram @imonehungrynerd or nerdy stuff @thenerdelement

Image Image

iluvfunko88

Postby iluvfunko88 » Wed May 11, 2022 12:56 am

Fredo66 wrote:
Mawhonic7 wrote:A new Doctor will definitely re-energize the line!

We can only hope, but we did only get 2 pops of Jodie and 4 villains. I'd really love some Mystery Minis!

So would I! I think a mystery mini set would be perfect.
ImageImage Image
SDCC since 2007, Collecting Funko since 2010

Pryde72

Postby Pryde72 » Fri May 13, 2022 4:28 pm

New doctor = new excitement = new wave of pops…or at least I hope so!

Dear Funko…let’s gooooo! :)

The4thCurator

Postby The4thCurator » Fri May 13, 2022 5:30 pm

[quote="Pryde72"]New doctor = new excitement = new wave of pops…or at least I hope so!

Dear Funko…let’s gooooo!

Don't you mean Dear, Freddy Funko
ImageImageImage Image

Return to “Pop!”