Blues Clues pops

We're not talking about soda, folks. This forum is dedicated to Funko's stylish Pop! series of vinyl figures, with or without springs.
Forum rules
This section is for general Pop discussion, not showing off your recent acquisitions. Please use the Dance Hall for collection addition pictures.

Please post Funko subscription box and item discussions in the Powered By Funko section.
SpongeTheSquid

Blues Clues pops

Postby SpongeTheSquid » Fri Feb 03, 2017 12:11 am

With 90's Nick pops coming I feel Blues Clues would fit in the line just fine. It was the most popular Nick Jr show at the time.

Blue and Steve would make great pops. If you thought the Iron Throne was fun to pose pops in, imagine the thinking chair. That alone would be amazing.

MartinMtz702

Re: Blues Clues pops

Postby MartinMtz702 » Fri Feb 03, 2017 1:54 am

I concur
Image Image Image Image

Geescube
HoF 2016 & CotM
HoF 2016 & CotM

Postby Geescube » Fri Feb 03, 2017 2:42 am

Hee. Dont see it happening but man Id be down. I watched that show. :) But, dont forget Magenta! We need her too.

HowardTheDuck

Postby HowardTheDuck » Fri Feb 03, 2017 3:03 am

Unlikely as it is they'd be great. Pure nostalgia would push me to buy.
I'm Julian. HowardTheFunatic on IG!
ISO: FREDDY FUNKO CAPTAIN AMERICA, FREDDY FUNKO STORMTROOPER, FAIRLY ODD PARENTS 3 PACK, CONTEST OF CHAMPIONS HOWARD THE DUCK PROTO, MAN-THING PROTO, BRUTUS THE BUCKEYE PROTO

FunkoJoeSuper

Postby FunkoJoeSuper » Fri Feb 03, 2017 9:08 am

You never know... there was a Yo Gabba Gabba line. I would definitely buy them. I can even picture blue paw prints on the plastic screen of the box... sort of like the bloody handprints on The Walking Dead boxes.
Current Stats
Newest: Jolly Roger
First: Sharknado
Highest Valued (According to PPG & Covetly): Biggs Darklighter
Count: 1,018
Funko Collecting Since 2013
http://www.poppriceguide.com/guide/memb ... ZNXHBV3KB/

popfanboy
HOF 2022 & Spirit
HOF 2022 & Spirit

Postby popfanboy » Fri Feb 03, 2017 9:13 am

I agree. I don't think they will happen but like Howard said I would buy them out of pure childhood nostalgia.
Tanner
I'm an artist who dreams of working for Funko one day.
Check out some of my drawings!
Follow me on Instagram @popfanboy
ISO Any Bat Boy, Oswald the Lucky Rabbit, or Ghostbuster ghost protos!

MyLittleFunkos
HoF 2016 & CotY
HoF 2016 & CotY

Postby MyLittleFunkos » Fri Feb 03, 2017 9:18 am

I used the watch the show because of my younger siblings and it bugged me that Blue wasn't a boy. lol
I'm Abe

Funko_Bandido

Postby Funko_Bandido » Fri Feb 03, 2017 9:39 am

Geescube wrote:Hee. Dont see it happening but man Id be down. I watched that show. :) But, dont forget Magenta! We need her too.

I thought Blue was female and Magenta was a male...but I'm not sure since I was too old when that show was out lol
I'm Bandido or George !
Instagram: BandidoToys

Mystery Mini Checklist https://goo.gl/IzBVJx
Funko Member # : 11130
Mystery Mini Count: Over 400
Pop Count : Around 150

Image ImageImage

Classier

Postby Classier » Fri Feb 03, 2017 10:20 am

FunkoJoeSuper wrote:You never know... there was a Yo Gabba Gabba line. I would definitely buy them. I can even picture blue paw prints on the plastic screen of the box... sort of like the bloody handprints on The Walking Dead boxes.

I'm pretty sure the Yo Gabba Gabba POPs were only made to satisfy the show's cult following.

lschutzman2

Postby lschutzman2 » Fri Feb 03, 2017 10:38 am

Sign me up for Blue's Clues Pops - my kids would love them

Geescube
HoF 2016 & CotM
HoF 2016 & CotM

Postby Geescube » Fri Feb 03, 2017 11:44 am

Funko_Bandido wrote:
Geescube wrote:Hee. Dont see it happening but man Id be down. I watched that show. :) But, dont forget Magenta! We need her too.

I thought Blue was female and Magenta was a male...but I'm not sure since I was too old when that show was out lol

Hahaha omg ur totally right. :) haha

toro423
HoF 2016 & CotM
HoF 2016 & CotM

Postby toro423 » Fri Feb 03, 2017 11:53 am

So when the packages arrive, are you all going to sing the mail song?

Sadly, I know all the lyrics to that song.
Hi, Im Ed. OOB is the way to GO!
IG: eltoro423

toro423
HoF 2016 & CotM
HoF 2016 & CotM

Postby toro423 » Fri Feb 03, 2017 11:54 am

MyLittleFunkos wrote:I used the watch the show because of my younger siblings and it bugged me that Blue wasn't a boy. lol

What? I've been lied to this whole time. lol

lovetheangels
Hall of Fame Class of 2010
Hall of Fame Class of 2010

Postby lovetheangels » Fri Feb 03, 2017 12:44 pm

I would love these. My daughter now almost 19 loved blues clues as a child. Blue, Magenta, Steve, Salt & Pepper, Paprika, tickety tock, slippery soap man thee would be a lot of characters to do.
Ken here

Mister Piggy Wiggy

Postby Mister Piggy Wiggy » Fri Feb 03, 2017 12:47 pm

Those would be cool.
29/Male/CHINESE

I love Pokemon, Gothic women, and Funko products. <3

I collect amazing fan signs like this!

willy wonka
Collector of the Month
Collector of the Month

Postby willy wonka » Fri Feb 03, 2017 12:47 pm

I can't get that song out of my head now "We Just got a letter". lol
Just call me Joe...

ImageImage
ISO: Freddy Mad Hatter LE 1/24, Mad Hatter Protos,
SDCC 4 Pack Dorbz(Found thanks to another Funatic)

edmomo

Postby edmomo » Fri Feb 03, 2017 1:00 pm

Definitely a big hit for kids at the time, but it may be me being traumatized in watching endless episodes taking care of my nephew that kind of turns me off. I can feel my brain melting thinking of that show...
Instagram: thepop_life

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Sarcasticguy
Hall of Fame Class of 2023

Postby Sarcasticguy » Fri Feb 03, 2017 1:38 pm

I thought the actor that played Steve was let go from the show for one reason or another... do you think they'd even want to license that character?
Hi, I'm Scott.
Instagram: @Sarcasticguy89
ISO:
Any Fallout Protos
Aliens Ellen Ripley Rock Candy Proto
Furiosa and Normal Immortan Joe Protos
SDCC '13 Bloody Predator Pop!
Retro Freddy Thor | Retro Freddy Skeletor

treswright

Postby treswright » Fri Feb 03, 2017 1:47 pm

I would love these as much as Barney or Teletubbies Pops. Since I was a fully-growed-up-adult when they aired I had no interest in them, but of course my kids did. They watched them. Over, and over, and over again. Back then I could recite every word to their songs (which I did repeatedly with no small amount of exaggerated accent mixed in along with a healthy helping of sarcastic tone). I have zero, and I mean ZERO interest in revisiting those images lol

Sarcasticguy wrote:I thought the actor that played Steve was let go from the show for one reason or another... do you think they'd even want to license that character?

That's actually a pretty amusing story:

Burns reveals that one of the main reasons he left the show was because he was going bald, and he didn't want that to happen on national television in front of his young fans.

"I knew I wasn't going to be doing children's television all my life, mostly because I refused to lose my hair on a kid's TV show," Burns, now 40, said in an interview on the Nick Jr. special.

"And it was happening ... fast," he added.

lol
Howdy, I'm Tres :-)

Malion

Postby Malion » Fri Feb 03, 2017 1:51 pm

How about a Face pop?

toro423
HoF 2016 & CotM
HoF 2016 & CotM

Postby toro423 » Fri Feb 03, 2017 3:05 pm

treswright wrote:I would love these as much as Barney or Teletubbies Pops. Since I was a fully-growed-up-adult when they aired I had no interest in them, but of course my kids did. They watched them. Over, and over, and over again. Back then I could recite every word to their songs (which I did repeatedly with no small amount of exaggerated accent mixed in along with a healthy helping of sarcastic tone). I have zero, and I mean ZERO interest in revisiting those images lol

Sarcasticguy wrote:I thought the actor that played Steve was let go from the show for one reason or another... do you think they'd even want to license that character?

Burns reveals that one of the main reasons he left the show was because he was going bald, and he didn't want that to happen on national television in front of his young fans.

"I knew I wasn't going to be doing children's television all my life, mostly because I refused to lose my hair on a kid's TV show," Burns, now 40, said in an interview on the Nick Jr. special.

lol

I thought it was a drug issue

Sarcasticguy

Postby Sarcasticguy » Fri Feb 03, 2017 3:21 pm

toro423 wrote:
treswright wrote:I would love these as much as Barney or Teletubbies Pops. Since I was a fully-growed-up-adult when they aired I had no interest in them, but of course my kids did. They watched them. Over, and over, and over again. Back then I could recite every word to their songs (which I did repeatedly with no small amount of exaggerated accent mixed in along with a healthy helping of sarcastic tone). I have zero, and I mean ZERO interest in revisiting those images lol

lol

I thought this as well, I guess those rumors weren't true. Thanks for the info Tres!
Hi, I'm Scott.
Instagram: @Sarcasticguy89
ISO:
Any Fallout Protos
Aliens Ellen Ripley Rock Candy Proto
Furiosa and Normal Immortan Joe Protos
SDCC '13 Bloody Predator Pop!
Retro Freddy Thor | Retro Freddy Skeletor

newhousebailey

Postby newhousebailey » Fri Feb 03, 2017 3:29 pm

His Wiki entry is pretty interesting and he isn't a bad follow on Twitter. My kids loved the show and would probably enjoy seeing the Pops, but I can't imagine actually wanting to add one to my collection.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Steve_Burns

I should also add that I am one of the cult followers of Yo Gabba Gabba. Met DJ Lance twice and took our kids to see it live twice. My kids don't have much interest in the show anymore which makes me a bit sad.
Hello. My name is Mike and I am currently most excited about the Gravity Falls line.

ImageImage

hpellot

Postby hpellot » Fri Feb 03, 2017 4:29 pm

But only with the first host steve
ImageImageImage

Some people call me the orange hoodie

ISO funko Force creature from black lagoon chase Glow in the dark

FunkoJoeSuper

Postby FunkoJoeSuper » Fri Feb 03, 2017 9:03 pm

newhousebailey wrote:His Wiki entry is pretty interesting and he isn't a bad follow on Twitter. My kids loved the show and would probably enjoy seeing the Pops, but I can't imagine actually wanting to add one to my collection.

I should also add that I am one of the cult followers of Yo Gabba Gabba. Met DJ Lance twice and took our kids to see it live twice. My kids don't have much interest in the show anymore which makes me a bit sad.

Same here. My son watched Yo Gabba Gabba when he was younger but not anymore now that he's older. I recently completed my YGG pop collection with the SDCC DJ Lance.
Current Stats

newhousebailey

Postby newhousebailey » Sat Feb 04, 2017 7:41 am

FunkoJoeSuper wrote:
newhousebailey wrote:His Wiki entry is pretty interesting and he isn't a bad follow on Twitter. My kids loved the show and would probably enjoy seeing the Pops, but I can't imagine actually wanting to add one to my collection.

Same here. My son watched Yo Gabba Gabba when he was younger but not anymore now that he's older. I recently completed my YGG pop collection with the SDCC DJ Lance.

That's awesome. Sadly the only two YGG Pops I have are the SDCC DJ Lance and the DJ Lance prototype. I keep hoping to find the others OOB on the cheap to add to my collection.
Hello. My name is Mike and I am currently most excited about the Gravity Falls line.

ImageImage

Tany

Postby Tany » Sat Feb 04, 2017 12:33 pm

I would be all over it if they made Periwinkle, too!
(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ*:・゚✧
Ohayou, I'm Tany-Chan~!!
Instagram: moonlarkly // Twitch: tanypop

*:・゚✧ ✧・゚:*

Pop #: Who knows? // First: Harley Quinn #34.
Newest: ECCC Haul // Wanted: Glitter Sailor Moon!
Holy Grails: White Raven & Amidala

RoboFist

Postby RoboFist » Sat Feb 04, 2017 12:46 pm

toro423 wrote:

lol

Classic internet rumor with absolutely no basis in fact, debunked quite a few years ago. You know how kids love taking innocent childhood things and giving them a morbid twist haha.

I was just on a cusp of being too old for this show when it first aired, but I used my little brother as an excuse to watch it anyway lol I'd definitely at least buy Blue and Steve and display them right next to Scooby and Shaggy.
Latest: "BAHNEY, MY PEBBLES!"
300th: Audrey II
200th: Rapunzel (Dancing)
100th: Hoverboard Marty McFly
1st: V for Vendetta
Funatic Since 2012

SpongeTheSquid

Postby SpongeTheSquid » Sun Feb 05, 2017 11:36 am

Here's a really good video if you're interested in what Steve's been up to.

icemanfan44
Collector of the Month
Collector of the Month

Postby icemanfan44 » Sun Feb 05, 2017 2:06 pm

my kids use to watch that show.. I would like a Periwinkle the cat pop myself.

They Call me Bear!
COTM 5/12

FunkoJoeSuper

Postby FunkoJoeSuper » Tue Feb 07, 2017 1:51 pm

newhousebailey wrote:
FunkoJoeSuper wrote:

That's awesome. Sadly the only two YGG Pops I have are the SDCC DJ Lance and the DJ Lance prototype. I keep hoping to find the others OOB on the cheap to add to my collection.

I have not seen them in store anywhere since they were vaulted. They don't seem to pop up much and eBay prices continue to rise.
Current Stats

Lexi

Postby Lexi » Tue Feb 07, 2017 2:43 pm

I would love to see this done. I was a big Blues Clue/Magenta fan.
FUNKO FUNDAYS 2015, 2016, 2022
FDO LA 6
World Premiere Making Fun

Funko Hollywood Grand Opening
FUNKON 2021

newhousebailey

Postby newhousebailey » Tue Feb 07, 2017 3:44 pm

FunkoJoeSuper wrote:
newhousebailey wrote:
FunkoJoeSuper wrote:

I have not seen them in store anywhere since they were vaulted. They don't seem to pop up much and eBay prices continue to rise.

This is true. I guess ideally I would like to possibly trade them or find someone selling the lot OOB to save some money.

ImageImage

SpongeTheSquid

Postby SpongeTheSquid » Thu Mar 08, 2018 8:32 am

Had to bump this thread with some exciting news. Blue's Clues is returning to Nickelodeon.

What a better time than now to make some Pops to tie in with this new show, right Funko? [-o<

BabyBeBe

Postby BabyBeBe » Thu Mar 08, 2018 4:16 pm

I would love to have blue clues pops!
ImageImage

mactds

Postby mactds » Thu Mar 08, 2018 4:21 pm

Since Blues Clues is coming back, I have to imagine pops are just a matter of time :)
Hi, I'm Trevor
Current Pop Count: 310
Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/mactds/

GeekyFinds

Postby GeekyFinds » Thu Mar 08, 2018 4:21 pm

SpongeTheSquid wrote:Had to bump this thread with some exciting news. Blue's Clues is returning to Nickelodeon.

What a better time than now to make some Pops to tie in with this new show, right Funko? [-o<

Perfect opportunity to make actual Mr. Salt and Mrs. Pepper salt and pepper shakers
You can call me....Ryan :wwe5:
ImageImage

ashio24

Postby ashio24 » Thu Mar 08, 2018 4:30 pm

SpongeTheSquid wrote:Had to bump this thread with some exciting news. Blue's Clues is returning to Nickelodeon.

:eek: :eek: :eek:
FREE THE POPS! :freddy3:

The Head

Postby The Head » Thu Mar 08, 2018 4:37 pm

When I first saw this, I read it as Blue Chip pops. I was like, "why the heck would we need those!?" lol

nascar246788

Postby nascar246788 » Thu Mar 08, 2018 7:25 pm

This would be an awesome line for Funko to put out.
Collecting since 2014

Return to “Pop!”