New Lord of the Rings Pops

We're not talking about soda, folks. This forum is dedicated to Funko's stylish Pop! series of vinyl figures, with or without springs.
Forum rules
This section is for general Pop discussion, not showing off your recent acquisitions. Please use the Dance Hall for collection addition pictures.

Please post Funko subscription box and item discussions in the Powered By Funko section.
Dsho333

Re: New Lord of the Rings Pops

Postby Dsho333 » Mon Apr 25, 2022 6:47 am

JCFun wrote:Great explanation for it :). And I didn't even know about the royalty pop either, so that is awesome to know!

Dsho333 wrote:
chaber wrote:Little bit of a newbie here... what's NFT?

Non fungible token aka digital trading card.
Essentially you buy a pack of cards and open it, then you are given NFTs (cards) and certain ones have a redeemable pop with it (legendary and grail cards). If you are able to collect all the base set NFTs (all common, uncommon, rare and epic) you get a royalty pop which is a Freddy as a character from that set.

There is also a new nft/digital section on the board index if you want a more detailed explanation of everything

hpellot

Postby hpellot » Mon Apr 25, 2022 10:00 am

Great IDE a glow one
ImageImageImage

Some people call me the orange hoodie

ISO funko Force creature from black lagoon chase Glow in the dark

PaleRiderOfDoom

Postby PaleRiderOfDoom » Mon Apr 25, 2022 12:14 pm

Mr Yac wrote:
hailmary25 wrote:
PaleRiderOfDoom wrote:Do we think there will be some new Pops with the new Amazon series?

If people fall in love with the characters and the shows a hit t&en yes by season 2 there will prolly be some in my assumption.

I have the same thought for the GOT prequels

so then probably not :roflmao:

LOL There is that. My wife was VERY disappointed in the Wheel of Time series.
ImageImageImageImage
Patrick from Central KY - Admin for The Kentucky Funko League of Awesomeness
Proto wants: Fallout keychains and Vynls, Dr. Doom (Pops or Minis)

PaleRiderOfDoom

Postby PaleRiderOfDoom » Mon Apr 25, 2022 12:16 pm

hailmary25 wrote:
PaleRiderOfDoom wrote:Do we think there will be some new Pops with the new Amazon series?

If people fall in love with the characters and the shows a hit t&en yes by season 2 there will prolly be some in my assumption.

I've never dived into GOT. The kids were always around. Waiting until they are out of the house, so I have two more years. LOL
ImageImageImageImage

JCFun

Postby JCFun » Mon Apr 25, 2022 5:44 pm

I will definitely check that out! Thank you!

Dsho333 wrote:
JCFun wrote:Great explanation for it :). And I didn't even know about the royalty pop either, so that is awesome to know!

Dsho333 wrote:
Non fungible token aka digital trading card.
Essentially you buy a pack of cards and open it, then you are given NFTs (cards) and certain ones have a redeemable pop with it (legendary and grail cards). If you are able to collect all the base set NFTs (all common, uncommon, rare and epic) you get a royalty pop which is a Freddy as a character from that set.

There is also a new nft/digital section on the board index if you want a more detailed explanation of everything
Image ImageImageImage

hpellot

Postby hpellot » Mon Apr 25, 2022 8:50 pm

I am still LOTR complete :)
ImageImageImage

Hgmaddhatter

Postby Hgmaddhatter » Mon Apr 25, 2022 10:27 pm

JCFun wrote:Oh, I hear you lol. It'd be hard to pass up a flying Nazgul NFT or Eye of Sauron NFT, etc. I feel like the cool this about the NFT for me is just using it digitally to show off, but then having it out for display is easier with the standard printed format :-k

Hgmaddhatter wrote:
JCFun wrote:Absolutely! NFT for LOTR would be amazing!

Oh gosh i would be doomed!! I would love to see more expansion of this line, we need so many characters. Not sure if I'm ready to go down the rabbit hole of this in the NFT world.

You are completely right!! How have we not gotten a Mordor Pop Town yet???
Image Image ImageImage

JCFun

Postby JCFun » Tue Apr 26, 2022 4:14 am

Oh that'd be great! I'd camp out for a Minas Tirith lol

Hgmaddhatter wrote:
JCFun wrote:Oh, I hear you lol. It'd be hard to pass up a flying Nazgul NFT or Eye of Sauron NFT, etc. I feel like the cool this about the NFT for me is just using it digitally to show off, but then having it out for display is easier with the standard printed format :-k

Hgmaddhatter wrote:Oh gosh i would be doomed!! I would love to see more expansion of this line, we need so many characters. Not sure if I'm ready to go down the rabbit hole of this in the NFT world.

Image ImageImageImage

conventiongeek

Postby conventiongeek » Tue Apr 26, 2022 5:38 am

Well, there is a new Amazon series coming... sky's the limit!

rexflexall

Postby rexflexall » Tue Apr 26, 2022 12:33 pm

conventiongeek wrote:Well, there is a new Amazon series coming... sky's the limit!

Been needing some new ones from the LOTR line!

snowsiren

Postby snowsiren » Tue Apr 26, 2022 12:58 pm

PaleRiderOfDoom wrote:
Mr Yac wrote:
hailmary25 wrote:

Oh noooo I really enjoyed the Wheel of Time series XD Really hoping it gains enough popularity for pops. And the new LotR series. Who needs free wall space, I need more fantasy pops! :D
Hi! My name is Amber | Twitter: @AmberRaden
Collecting since 2013 | FunKlub member #1998 since October 2016
Fundays 2015 | Freaky Tiki Fundays 2019 | Virtual Fundays Games 2020/2021 | Blacklight Battle Fundays 2022

ISO Protos (Doctor Who, Quidditch, Daenerys, Game of Thrones Dragons, HALO)

snowsiren

Postby snowsiren » Tue Apr 26, 2022 1:45 pm

(whoops, sorry, accidental duplicate post)
Fundays 2015 | Freaky Tiki Fundays 2019 | Virtual Fundays Games 2020/2021 | Blacklight Battle Fundays 2022

PaleRiderOfDoom

Postby PaleRiderOfDoom » Tue Apr 26, 2022 2:08 pm

snowsiren wrote:
PaleRiderOfDoom wrote:
Mr Yac wrote:

Oh noooo I really enjoyed the Wheel of Time series XD Really hoping it gains enough popularity for pops. And the new LotR series. Who needs free wall space, I need more fantasy pops! :D

My wife is a very "by the book" adaptation person and she was not a fan of it. It was ok, but I'm not the biggest fantasy guy.
ImageImageImageImage

snowsiren

Postby snowsiren » Tue Apr 26, 2022 2:35 pm

PaleRiderOfDoom wrote:
snowsiren wrote:
PaleRiderOfDoom wrote:

My wife is a very "by the book" adaptation person and she was not a fan of it. It was ok, but I'm not the biggest fantasy guy.

That is totally fair and valid, and I've 100% been there. If the series had been made a decade or so ago, before I worked in storytelling-related industries, I think I might have been disappointed in the number of changes, too. Even with that knowledge there were 2 or 3 changes that I wasn't able to understand the "WHY" behind. Totally get it :)

I'm just so thrilled to see it on screen and it FINALLY got some of my family members interested in the series. Overall, that's a win in my book! ^_^

PaleRiderOfDoom

Postby PaleRiderOfDoom » Tue Apr 26, 2022 2:44 pm

snowsiren wrote:
PaleRiderOfDoom wrote:
snowsiren wrote:

That is totally fair and valid, and I've 100% been there. If the series had been made a decade or so ago, before I worked in storytelling-related industries, I think I might have been disappointed in the number of changes, too. Even with that knowledge there were 2 or 3 changes that I wasn't able to understand the "WHY" behind. Totally get it :)

I'm just so thrilled to see it on screen and it FINALLY got some of my family members interested in the series. Overall, that's a win in my book! ^_^

Yep. I think that is great! We would have so many discussions after each episode where she explained what was wrong with it. LOL It was just nice having her invested in something.
ImageImageImageImage

Hgmaddhatter

Postby Hgmaddhatter » Tue Apr 26, 2022 3:57 pm

JCFun wrote:Oh that'd be great! I'd camp out for a Minas Tirith lol

Hgmaddhatter wrote:

Absolutely, all the Pop Towns!! Bilbos House seems pretty standard so it definitely needs to happen. If they make the keeps ill need a full warhammer style setup lol
Image Image ImageImage

hailmary25

Postby hailmary25 » Tue Apr 26, 2022 6:51 pm

snowsiren wrote:
PaleRiderOfDoom wrote:
Mr Yac wrote:

I haven't read the books so no comparison but I enjoyed the wheel of time series.
Signed Pops:101
MM: 116
Pops :554
First Pop: Jax Teller
Most Recent: Signed DW Silence
Top Pop: Cobweb Bilbo

JCFun

Postby JCFun » Tue Apr 26, 2022 8:18 pm

I didn't even think about Bilbo's House but that would be wonderful! It wouldn't even have to be that big lol. And I'm not sure I understand the warhammer reference but I can be wishing for it also for you!

Hgmaddhatter wrote:

Hgmaddhatter wrote:You are completely right!! How have we not gotten a Mordor Pop Town yet???

Absolutely, all the Pop Towns!! Bilbos House seems pretty standard so it definitely needs to happen. If they make the keeps ill need a full warhammer style setup lol
Image ImageImageImage

Hgmaddhatter

Postby Hgmaddhatter » Tue Apr 26, 2022 11:22 pm

JCFun wrote:I didn't even think about Bilbo's House but that would be wonderful! It wouldn't even have to be that big lol. And I'm not sure I understand the warhammer reference but I can be wishing for it also for you!

Hgmaddhatter wrote:

It's a tabletop RPG and I know some people with some sick setups, 3d terrain and full scale armies of minis...
Image Image ImageImage

JCFun

Postby JCFun » Wed Apr 27, 2022 7:52 pm

Oh, that sounds cool! I just checked out the website for Warhammer and it looks pretty awesome! I was a big fan of Age of Empires in the past and I feel like I heard about Warhammer, but didn't know they did a table top version. Feel like there's tons of good pop options there :)
Image ImageImageImage

WarHmongHer

Postby WarHmongHer » Fri May 06, 2022 3:48 am

Hgmaddhatter wrote:
WarHmongHer wrote:
Hgmaddhatter wrote:Haha very true!! The Te Fiti is also pretty complex, so whatever they are doing it working. It'd be hilarious to get Hobbits flocked, their clothes hair and top of the feet lol

Yes!!! The feet would be the best!!! Lol. That is a variant i would definitely go for.

At this point I may have to make a custom, the idea is too good to not be real!!1 :roflmao:

Please post once you do. Would love to see it. Lol

hailmary25

Postby hailmary25 » Fri May 06, 2022 9:52 am

Would absolutely love Bilbo's house. Get on it Funko

Hgmaddhatter

Postby Hgmaddhatter » Fri May 06, 2022 8:16 pm

WarHmongHer wrote:
Hgmaddhatter wrote:
WarHmongHer wrote:

Yes!!! The feet would be the best!!! Lol. That is a variant i would definitely go for.

At this point I may have to make a custom, the idea is too good to not be real!!1 :roflmao:

I will!! Ive been in a creative mood and I have began brainstorming some customs. I always do them in batches lol
Image Image ImageImage

WarHmongHer

Postby WarHmongHer » Sat May 07, 2022 11:17 pm

Hgmaddhatter wrote:
WarHmongHer wrote:
Hgmaddhatter wrote:At this point I may have to make a custom, the idea is too good to not be real!!1 :roflmao:

I will!! Ive been in a creative mood and I have began brainstorming some customs. I always do them in batches lol

Man, I give it up to everyone that can do customs. I gotta find me some bargin bin ones to play with. But even then. I have a hard time taking them out of the box. Lol

Hgmaddhatter

Postby Hgmaddhatter » Sun May 08, 2022 5:21 pm

WarHmongHer wrote:
Hgmaddhatter wrote:
WarHmongHer wrote:

Man, I give it up to everyone that can do customs. I gotta find me some bargin bin ones to play with. But even then. I have a hard time taking them out of the box. Lol

Thats what I do, I know hot topic runs those bogo clearance deals and thats usually when i scoop some up.
Image Image ImageImage

WarHmongHer

Postby WarHmongHer » Fri May 13, 2022 3:11 am

Hgmaddhatter wrote:
WarHmongHer wrote:
Hgmaddhatter wrote:I will!! Ive been in a creative mood and I have began brainstorming some customs. I always do them in batches lol

Thats what I do, I know hot topic runs those bogo clearance deals and thats usually when i scoop some up.

Yeah I'm always scoping out that clearance area as well. Need to get lucky at a yard sale or trade events. Sometime the local cons have good bargain bins too. I just need to take them oob and start trying. Lol

Hgmaddhatter

Postby Hgmaddhatter » Fri May 13, 2022 1:28 pm

WarHmongHer wrote:
Hgmaddhatter wrote:
WarHmongHer wrote:

Yeah I'm always scoping out that clearance area as well. Need to get lucky at a yard sale or trade events. Sometime the local cons have good bargain bins too. I just need to take them oob and start trying. Lol

I never see pops at yard sales, but i do know people sometimes list lots on facebook marketplace, especially OOB
Image Image ImageImage

WarHmongHer

Postby WarHmongHer » Wed May 18, 2022 1:11 am

Hgmaddhatter wrote:
WarHmongHer wrote:
Hgmaddhatter wrote:Thats what I do, I know hot topic runs those bogo clearance deals and thats usually when i scoop some up.

I never see pops at yard sales, but i do know people sometimes list lots on facebook marketplace, especially OOB

Yeah, I havnt been lucky at yard sales either. I just see ppl post that they found this or that at yard sales. One day I'll find some grails for cheap at a yard sale or a thrift store too. Lol

Rara25

Postby Rara25 » Sat May 21, 2022 9:02 am

“THIS IS MY HOUR!”

Finally received the Witch King on Fell Beast after having it on pre-order for almost 8 months!

I really wanted to see if I could combine the stand alone Witch King pop with the flaming sword and slightly more pointed head with the one that comes with the ride to recreate the Witch King vs. Gandalf pose… and I think it turned out pretty well. I personally think they should have released it like this to begin with.

Rara25

Postby Rara25 » Sat May 21, 2022 9:15 am

With the new release of the Earth Day Gandalf the White Pop and a few sodas recently, I hope/guessing this means they have the LOTR license again. With the 20th anniversary for the Fellowship being last December and the next two films in the Trilogy being this and next year, I’d love to see some more pops from this awesome line.

Plus, as 10” Pops weren’t really a thing back when the LOTR pops were originally released back in 2017, I would also love to see some of them released on a bigger scale. For instance…

Treebeard (10inch) - Originally 6inch
Balrog (10inch) - Originally 6inch
Sauron (6inch) - Originally a standard Pop

Would be great to maybe get a 6inch Cave Troll and a 10/18inch Mumakil!

hpellot

Postby hpellot » Sat May 21, 2022 11:35 am

Rara25 wrote:With the new release of the Earth Day Gandalf the White Pop and a few sodas recently, I hope/guessing this means they have the LOTR license again. With the 20th anniversary for the Fellowship being last December and the next two films in the Trilogy being this and next year, I’d love to see some more pops from this awesome line.

Plus, as 10” Pops weren’t really a thing back when the LOTR pops were originally released back in 2017, I would also love to see some of them released on a bigger scale. For instance…

These are some awesome ideas, thanks for sharing
ImageImageImage

hailmary25

Postby hailmary25 » Tue Jun 07, 2022 8:34 am

Thought I saw somewhere we might be getting a new wave. I hope this is true

FlinksPoppinPics

Postby FlinksPoppinPics » Tue Jun 07, 2022 9:14 am

Jonathan (Jenkins) | IG: @FlinksPoppinPics
Make life one long weekend!
#FunkoFamily since 2015

chaber

Postby chaber » Sun Jul 24, 2022 6:12 pm

Any new reveals/teasers from SDCC?

chaber

Postby chaber » Sun Aug 21, 2022 8:51 am

Pre-orders are open on Toys On Fire website for a new Bilbo Baggins, Battle Eowyn (regualr and Chase) and 6" Shelob POPs! No pics but seems like a new wave is (finally!) here! I also read that there will be a Gandalf vs Balrog Movie Moments set coming too.

lunarembrace

Postby lunarembrace » Wed Nov 02, 2022 5:09 pm

So happy we're (hopefully starting) to get more Lord of the Rings! This Smeagol is perfect.

Melissa

johnlester

Postby johnlester » Mon Jun 12, 2023 11:37 am

Hi! Anyone knows where to get Gandalf vs Balrog Movie Moments PIAB sticker? Thanks!

thejosh2010
HoF 2020 & CotM
HoF 2020 & CotM

Postby thejosh2010 » Mon Jun 12, 2023 11:09 pm

hpellot wrote:
Rara25 wrote:With the new release of the Earth Day Gandalf the White Pop and a few sodas recently, I hope/guessing this means they have the LOTR license again. With the 20th anniversary for the Fellowship being last December and the next two films in the Trilogy being this and next year, I’d love to see some more pops from this awesome line.

These are some awesome ideas, thanks for sharing

Smaug should really be an 18inch pop, but I’d be willing to see a 10 or 18-inch Balrog!! Love this line and all the unique characters!!
COTM 01/18
HALL OF FAME 2020 #79
IG: THEJOSH2010
Funko LOVE in the Heart of the Appalachia

zonkttc

Postby zonkttc » Sat Sep 30, 2023 7:14 pm

Greeryboy2410 wrote:I'm currently on mobile, so I can't post the images, but here's the link to the blog post
https://funko.com/blogs/news/coming-soo ... ains-pop-s

Still waiting on the ones based on Ralph bakshis animated rendition of the book. Funko please hear me. :bounce: :compress:

sealordbrian

Postby sealordbrian » Sun Oct 01, 2023 11:42 am

I love this line up. There are so many characters to explore that I'd love to see a resurgence of this line. Understand if the Pops aren't going to be made, I'd still take an other line. Would love to see an 18" Balrog (but I can't image that being made).

Return to “Pop!”