More MOTU?

We're not talking about soda, folks. This forum is dedicated to Funko's stylish Pop! series of vinyl figures, with or without springs.
Forum rules
This section is for general Pop discussion, not showing off your recent acquisitions. Please use the Dance Hall for collection addition pictures.

Please post Funko subscription box and item discussions in the Powered By Funko section.
He-Mann

Re: More MOTU?

Postby He-Mann » Sat May 15, 2021 12:15 am

squidward wrote:Will there be any new MOTU Revelation inspired Pops?
I'm looking forward to the July 23 release date for the show.

I hope so! Looking forward to watching this series.
ImageImageImageImage

katersatz

Postby katersatz » Sat May 15, 2021 10:31 am

He-Mann wrote:

It's going to be really fun to watch a new MOTU series. Of course, the danger is I'm going to fall in love and need to buy even more things...the cycle...the curse...the endless joy... :-({|= ;-)
"Everyone's a fan of...too many things."

Image ImageImage Image

Nemesis989

Postby Nemesis989 » Sat May 15, 2021 11:41 am

I'm going to need to go re-visit the original series to prep for this one
Thank you everyone for this awesome community

wolfy233

Postby wolfy233 » Sat May 15, 2021 4:03 pm

katersatz wrote:
He-Mann wrote:

It's going to be really fun to watch a new MOTU series. Of course, the danger is I'm going to fall in love and need to buy even more things...the cycle...the curse...the endless joy... :-({|= ;-)

The art direction looks fantastic. Hearing iffy things about the storyline. Hoping it's great. Been a loooooong time since we got a He-man series.

Mr Yac

Postby Mr Yac » Sat May 15, 2021 5:58 pm

wolfy233 wrote:The art direction looks fantastic. Hearing iffy things about the storyline. Hoping it's great. Been a loooooong time since we got a He-man series.

this, from what the supposed leaks said over a year ago this may just end up being that horrible She-Ra show but with better art.

Trendkill24hr

Postby Trendkill24hr » Sun May 16, 2021 2:23 am

Mr Yac wrote:
wolfy233 wrote:The art direction looks fantastic. Hearing iffy things about the storyline. Hoping it's great. Been a loooooong time since we got a He-man series.

this, from what the supposed leaks said over a year ago this may just end up being that horrible She-Ra show but with better art.

I’m hoping it’s not, the trailer looks pretty good. I’ll be checking it out for sure
"Being a geek means never having to play it cool about how much you like something" Simon Pegg

Call me C.J. :)
Events: Fundays 2022 & 2023, Fright Night 2022, FDO9
Collection: 372 pieces as of 03/25/24
ISO Proto: Paka Paka Dragon

Ginzo1622

Postby Ginzo1622 » Sun May 16, 2021 7:40 am

Trendkill24hr wrote:
Mr Yac wrote:

I’m hoping it’s not, the trailer looks pretty good. I’ll be checking it out for sure

Yeah the trailer is really good
Fundays 2022 - Proto Robots
Fright Night 2022
Fundays 2023 - Protomoa Wolves

Don't stand in my way!!!

:whdat:

katersatz

Postby katersatz » Sun May 16, 2021 11:08 am

Hoping for the best with the new show but not too worried about it.

Though I absolutely loved the Netflix She-Ra series..weeping like a fool by the end. Speaking of, would LOVE some Pops from that... [-o<
"Everyone's a fan of...too many things."

Image ImageImage Image

scullysdad

Postby scullysdad » Sun May 16, 2021 4:27 pm

katersatz wrote:Hoping for the best with the new show but not too worried about it.

Though I absolutely loved the Netflix She-Ra series..weeping like a fool by the end. Speaking of, would LOVE some Pops from that... [-o<

She-Ra is another show I am shocked never got Pops. Maybe since She-Ra herself got one they decided the supporting cast wouldn’t sell.
Please Funko make Taylor Swift Pops!

Most wanted non-Taylor Pops: Carson Teva, Naru from Prey, The Last of Us TV show

squidward

Postby squidward » Sun May 16, 2021 7:14 pm

wolfy233 wrote:
katersatz wrote:
He-Mann wrote:

The art direction looks fantastic. Hearing iffy things about the storyline. Hoping it's great. Been a loooooong time since we got a He-man series.

I agree. I really like what I have seen from the art style. I wonder how that will translate to a Funko Pop design, but hoping we get to see. :-)
Member of TUFF. Attended: Fundays 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, Virtual 2021, 2022. HQ Grand Opening. Hollywood Grand Opening. Making Fun Premiere. Funkon 1 & 2. Fright Night 1. Multiple SDCC, NYCC, ECCC, Fugitive Parties. Lover of Funko Artist Sketches.

digithor

Postby digithor » Mon May 17, 2021 2:31 am

scullysdad wrote:
katersatz wrote:Hoping for the best with the new show but not too worried about it.

She-Ra is another show I am shocked never got Pops. Maybe since She-Ra herself got one they decided the supporting cast wouldn’t sell.

I think most of us that really enjoy this line would be happy to add She-Ra pops from other characters. Wait are we talking about the new show though? Cause I have no clue about that one. lol
SDCC 2018, 2019, 2022, 2023
Fundays 2018, 2019, 2021, 2023
HQ Grand Opening, ECCC Night and meetup at HQ, Hollywood Grand Opening, World Premier Making fun
Horror fanatic, GiTD collector, Star Wars
ImageImageImageImage

Ginzo1622

Postby Ginzo1622 » Mon May 17, 2021 7:09 am

digithor wrote:
scullysdad wrote:

I think most of us that really enjoy this line would be happy to add She-Ra pops from other characters. Wait are we talking about the new show though? Cause I have no clue about that one. lol

I have no clue too. But definitely need She-Ra too
Fundays 2022 - Proto Robots
Fright Night 2022
Fundays 2023 - Protomoa Wolves

Don't stand in my way!!!

:whdat:

scullysdad

Postby scullysdad » Mon May 17, 2021 8:44 am

digithor wrote:
scullysdad wrote:

I was thinking of the new show, but the retro toys line would be perfect for some classic She-Ra too now that you mention it.
Please Funko make Taylor Swift Pops!

Most wanted non-Taylor Pops: Carson Teva, Naru from Prey, The Last of Us TV show

digithor

Postby digithor » Mon May 17, 2021 11:56 pm

scullysdad wrote:
digithor wrote:
scullysdad wrote:

I was thinking of the new show, but the retro toys line would be perfect for some classic She-Ra too now that you mention it.

Is it the same characters on the new show? Or do they have different ones?
HQ Grand Opening, ECCC Night and meetup at HQ, Hollywood Grand Opening, World Premier Making fun
ImageImageImageImage

masonfunkocarr

Postby masonfunkocarr » Tue May 18, 2021 12:01 am

scullysdad wrote:
digithor wrote:
scullysdad wrote:

Yeah. Speaking of the new show. Would be cool if Funko did pops from the new cartoon.

Mr Yac

Postby Mr Yac » Tue May 18, 2021 12:10 am

masonfunkocarr wrote:Yeah. Speaking of the new show. Would be cool if Funko did pops from the new cartoon.

let's get a few more of the classic ones before we start worrying about random new ones.

masonfunkocarr

Postby masonfunkocarr » Tue May 18, 2021 12:12 am

Mr Yac wrote:
masonfunkocarr wrote:Yeah. Speaking of the new show. Would be cool if Funko did pops from the new cartoon.

let's get a few more of the classic ones before we start worrying about random new ones.

Yeah. Have some more Classic ones before we get to new versions.

Mr Yac

Postby Mr Yac » Tue May 18, 2021 12:36 am

masonfunkocarr wrote:Yeah. Have some more Classic ones before we get to new versions.

how Funko can pull off a 2-Bad is something i need to know before i die!

masonfunkocarr

Postby masonfunkocarr » Tue May 18, 2021 1:01 am

Mr Yac wrote:
masonfunkocarr wrote:Yeah. Have some more Classic ones before we get to new versions.

how Funko can pull off a 2-Bad is something i need to know before i die!

I wonder what's a 2-bad? I'm curious.

Mr Yac

Postby Mr Yac » Tue May 18, 2021 1:13 am

masonfunkocarr wrote:I wonder what's a 2-bad? I'm curious.

Him (them?)

masonfunkocarr

Postby masonfunkocarr » Tue May 18, 2021 1:18 am

Mr Yac wrote:

Him (them?)

Cool. Would be a cool pop for sure if Funko made 2-bad.

digithor

Postby digithor » Tue May 18, 2021 1:21 am

Mr Yac wrote:

Him (them?)

Yeah ok, now I want to see them do that one. I can find another spot in the MOTU section.
ImageImageImageImage

Mr Yac

Postby Mr Yac » Tue May 18, 2021 1:35 am

digithor wrote:Yeah ok, now I want to see them do that one. I can find another spot in the MOTU section.

i think he'd be awesome sure, but i want to see him for no other reason then i want to know how they'd get it to work.

digithor

Postby digithor » Wed May 19, 2021 12:05 am

Mr Yac wrote:
digithor wrote:Yeah ok, now I want to see them do that one. I can find another spot in the MOTU section.

i think he'd be awesome sure, but i want to see him for no other reason then i want to know how they'd get it to work.

Certainly a heavy pop with a high center of gravity, probably need a larger base than normal oh and a bigger box.
ImageImageImageImage

methodsmadness

Postby methodsmadness » Wed May 19, 2021 2:21 am

digithor wrote:
Mr Yac wrote:

Certainly a heavy pop with a high center of gravity, probably need a larger base than normal oh and a bigger box.

maybe a sideways box like The Child or Wounded Ian Malcolm?
But this would be fantastic for sure ;-)
Keep the MOTU line coming! :cherry:
Image Image Image Image Image

rexflexall

Postby rexflexall » Wed May 19, 2021 11:44 am

Bring it on Funko I'm ready!

bizzydesigner

Postby bizzydesigner » Wed May 19, 2021 11:47 am

What if they decide to do a whole MOTU line from the new Origins line lol
Image Image

Hi, I'm Jason! I like glowy pops, Ad Icons, mystery minis and s-s-s-sodas!
Funklub #14244
Instragram: bizzydesigner
#TUFFLOVE

FOTW September 2022

digithor

Postby digithor » Thu May 20, 2021 12:04 am

methodsmadness wrote:
digithor wrote:
Mr Yac wrote:

Might look a little squished with a side box, perhaps if they made that box but just a bit taller.
ImageImageImageImage

methodsmadness

Postby methodsmadness » Thu May 20, 2021 12:43 pm

digithor wrote:
methodsmadness wrote:
digithor wrote:

Might look a little squished with a side box, perhaps if they made that box but just a bit taller.

True.

I also just remembered they did a 2 headed Pop from How to Train Your Dragon...so there is Two Bad hope!

BUT ZODAC FIRST! [-o<

Mr Yac

Postby Mr Yac » Thu May 20, 2021 3:52 pm

methodsmadness wrote:
BUT ZODAC FIRST! [-o<

Unfortunately there was a new corporate mandate that the line has to be released alphabetically , so Zodac will have to be last.

wolfy233

Postby wolfy233 » Thu May 20, 2021 6:46 pm

digithor wrote:
scullysdad wrote:

I can kinda make a case why they didn't make She-Ra pops, but they gotta make these just based on the new art alone. Let's goooooo.

methodsmadness

Postby methodsmadness » Thu May 20, 2021 11:14 pm

Mr Yac wrote:
methodsmadness wrote:
BUT ZODAC FIRST! [-o<

Unfortunately there was a new corporate mandate that the line has to be released alphabetically , so Zodac will have to be last.

lol lol [-X

digithor

Postby digithor » Fri May 21, 2021 1:28 am

methodsmadness wrote:
digithor wrote:
methodsmadness wrote:

True.

I also just remembered they did a 2 headed Pop from How to Train Your Dragon...so there is Two Bad hope!

BUT ZODAC FIRST! [-o<

I had to look that up one up from How to Train your dragon, didn't even know about that one. That would work fairly easily then after seeing that one.
ImageImageImageImage

ocwankenobi

Postby ocwankenobi » Fri May 21, 2021 1:28 am

Mr Yac wrote:

Him (them?)

I spent way too much time growing up trying and enjoying this snap action punching arms punching himselves in the face.
(Signature powered by VALOR Industries 4.0)

Mr Yac

Postby Mr Yac » Fri May 21, 2021 1:49 am

ocwankenobi wrote:
I spent way too much time growing up trying and enjoying this snap action punching arms punching himselves in the face.

poor guy suffered from a lot of self hate lol

mongoose12

Postby mongoose12 » Fri May 21, 2021 9:12 am

absolutely love the two-bad idea! =D>

masonfunkocarr

Postby masonfunkocarr » Fri May 21, 2021 11:12 am

Would be cool to see a pop town of Castle Grayskull.

FireEmblemZack

Postby FireEmblemZack » Sat May 22, 2021 12:03 am

Since we saw Skeletor w/ Snake Mountain and presumably He-Man or the Sorcress (Green Goddess maybe?) w/ Castle Greyskull is gonna be next. Maybe then we can get an updated Hordak with the Fright Zone? It's insane that the only Hordak we have is the original Filmation-colored one from the first releases. Maybe make this one inspired by the Toy's color scheme with the grey. Or make it hurricane Hordak, or someone make it Buzz saw Hordak. Anything to get a new Hordak!!!!!
Image R.I.P. Buddy, my bestest friend

digithor

Postby digithor » Sat May 22, 2021 2:36 am

FireEmblemZack wrote:Since we saw Skeletor w/ Snake Mountain and presumably He-Man or the Sorcress (Green Goddess maybe?) w/ Castle Greyskull is gonna be next. Maybe then we can get an updated Hordak with the Fright Zone? It's insane that the only Hordak we have is the original Filmation-colored one from the first releases. Maybe make this one inspired by the Toy's color scheme with the grey. Or make it hurricane Hordak, or someone make it Buzz saw Hordak. Anything to get a new Hordak!!!!!

I could see greyskull being done also, and the updated hordak mmmm yes.
ImageImageImageImage

methodsmadness

Postby methodsmadness » Tue Jun 08, 2021 11:57 pm

Not sure how many of you all are playing Funko Blitz, but it looks like MOTU is coming soon!

Return to “Pop!”