What Dragonball POP! that has not been created you want the most?

We're not talking about soda, folks. This forum is dedicated to Funko's stylish Pop! series of vinyl figures, with or without springs.
Forum rules
This section is for general Pop discussion, not showing off your recent acquisitions. Please use the Dance Hall for collection addition pictures.

Please post Funko subscription box and item discussions in the Powered By Funko section.
w00tw00t

Re: What Dragonball POP! that has not been created you want the most?

Postby w00tw00t » Tue Jun 14, 2022 1:50 pm

PopPChulo wrote:
w00tw00t wrote:
PopPChulo wrote:
I mean Dragonball in general is one of their highest paying franchises (the earnings report always reflect dbz somewhere there) so in my mind it would only make sense to touch on GT but I know because the rights holders are different; that could cause conflict to some capacity however your absolutely right - give the fans what they want; that sweet sweet flocked SS4 Goku & Vegeta two pack

Flocked SS4s would be so perfect. Give your energy to Goku for the spirit bomb to make this come true. =;

Haha I probably would try shed a tear if I seen something like this. I expect some new pops soon cause the movie is confirmed for august

oh man, i didn't even know the trailer came out a month ago. Looks like the art direction is a little different. I'm Super excited.
iso: marvin the martian dorbz 9"
marvin the martian whacky wobbler 20"

PopPChulo

Postby PopPChulo » Tue Jun 14, 2022 10:11 pm

w00tw00t wrote:
PopPChulo wrote:
w00tw00t wrote:

Flocked SS4s would be so perfect. Give your energy to Goku for the spirit bomb to make this come true. =;

Haha I probably would try shed a tear if I seen something like this. I expect some new pops soon cause the movie is confirmed for august

oh man, i didn't even know the trailer came out a month ago. Looks like the art direction is a little different. I'm Super excited.

Art direction is definitely different. There’s also a final gohan as well
PopPChulo

Funko Enthusiast/Creative Idea Expert/Music Analyst/Pop Culture Geek :freddy3:

"Creativity is all around you.. How you chose to use that creativity is at your disgression" - Pop-P Chulo

w00tw00t

Postby w00tw00t » Wed Jun 15, 2022 12:58 am

PopPChulo wrote:
w00tw00t wrote:
PopPChulo wrote:

Art direction is definitely different. There’s also a final gohan as well

Yeah, hopefully it turns out good. I'm old school and I enjoyed the style they had in Broly movie. They added a little bit of cgi sprinkled throughout the movie, which i liked. Especially when Goku was hopping back and forth. Definitely a different and welcomed style of art.

Kakarote

Postby Kakarote » Wed Jun 15, 2022 9:01 am

Is there SSJ4 Goku pop?

Do you think it will ever come out?
Image:freddy2:

Mario Wario

Postby Mario Wario » Wed Jun 15, 2022 11:01 am

Kakarote wrote:Is there SSJ4 Goku pop?

Do you think it will ever come out?

No, I don’t think there is one. If there was I would have it. Lol

I’ll say someday we’ll see one. That transformation is too popular within the DB community.
:freddy1:

FireFist

Postby FireFist » Wed Jun 15, 2022 1:15 pm

w00tw00t wrote:
PopPChulo wrote:
w00tw00t wrote:

Yeah was not a fan of the full 3d CGI in the movie when first seeing the trailer, but I might give it a shot once it releases.
    Image Image
Iso:One Piece and Yugioh Protos
Instagram:@stardust.singh

w00tw00t

Postby w00tw00t » Wed Jun 15, 2022 1:27 pm

FireFist wrote:
w00tw00t wrote:
PopPChulo wrote:

Yeah was not a fan of the full 3d CGI in the movie when first seeing the trailer, but I might give it a shot once it releases.

Gave me the video game vibes. As long as the story and the action is on point, CGi shouldn't brother me. Wonder if this is a quicker way of doing animation versus hand drawing it.

PopPChulo

Postby PopPChulo » Wed Jun 15, 2022 3:22 pm

w00tw00t wrote:
FireFist wrote:
w00tw00t wrote:

Gave me the video game vibes. As long as the story and the action is on point, CGi shouldn't brother me. Wonder if this is a quicker way of doing animation versus hand drawing it.

To me it has to be. They probably have the sprites and animations already in place from all the video game development that’s been done for Dragonball - it’s been in multiple games so they probably just took the assets, reapplied them and focused on refining them to be fluid for the movie. Hopefully it has the same impact the hand drawn animation has
PopPChulo

"Creativity is all around you.. How you chose to use that creativity is at your disgression" - Pop-P Chulo

w00tw00t

Postby w00tw00t » Wed Jun 15, 2022 3:49 pm

PopPChulo wrote:
w00tw00t wrote:
FireFist wrote:Yeah was not a fan of the full 3d CGI in the movie when first seeing the trailer, but I might give it a shot once it releases.

To me it has to be. They probably have the sprites and animations already in place from all the video game development that’s been done for Dragonball - it’s been in multiple games so they probably just took the assets, reapplied them and focused on refining them to be fluid for the movie. Hopefully it has the same impact the hand drawn animation has

Yeah, i hope it does have the same impact, but i know deep in my heart it won't hit the same. Either way, give me more of DB DBZ DBS.

91shawny

Postby 91shawny » Mon Jul 11, 2022 8:54 am

w00tw00t wrote:
PopPChulo wrote:
w00tw00t wrote:

Yeah, i hope it does have the same impact, but i know deep in my heart it won't hit the same. Either way, give me more of DB DBZ DBS.

CGI only works when its done right. I personally am not excited for the CG but its dragonball so you kinda have to atleast see what its about.

But after this keep it 2D, super style works perfectlt
A funatic who is 1% more obsessed with anime than Funko.

| Pops: 1530 | Dorbz: 18 | IG: 91shawny

ImageImageImageImage

w00tw00t

Postby w00tw00t » Mon Jul 11, 2022 11:46 am

91shawny wrote:
w00tw00t wrote:
PopPChulo wrote:

CGI only works when its done right. I personally am not excited for the CG but its dragonball so you kinda have to atleast see what its about.

2D just to keep it OG, but just give me a good story line with good pacing. Can't be waiting for those famous quotes on the next dbz! lol

rexflexall

Postby rexflexall » Wed Jul 20, 2022 11:39 am

Need some Sodas!!

PopPChulo

Postby PopPChulo » Sun Jul 24, 2022 8:39 pm

91shawny wrote:
w00tw00t wrote:
PopPChulo wrote:

So I’ve seen the film now & im not a fan of the animation style. Not really down to sacrifice quality in exchange for more films to get pumped out lol I mean everyone will have their own opinion but my opinion is it’s high key mid
PopPChulo

Ironman8587

Postby Ironman8587 » Sun Jul 24, 2022 9:16 pm

We need Dragon Ball GT!!!

PopPChulo

Postby PopPChulo » Sun Jul 24, 2022 9:20 pm

I would like to see the new final gohan and orange piccolo forms even though I didn’t really care for the movie but if I was going to say what would I like to see the most? Most likely I am going to still go with SSG Vegeta (red hair) or Ego Vegeta. Either or but i want the omen with the red hair first
PopPChulo

MPF223

Postby MPF223 » Tue Jul 26, 2022 11:24 am

PopPChulo wrote:I would like to see the new final gohan and orange piccolo forms even though I didn’t really care for the movie but if I was going to say what would I like to see the most? Most likely I am going to still go with SSG Vegeta (red hair) or Ego Vegeta. Either or but i want the omen with the red hair first

Ssg vegeta red hair would be a good one!

Vteck

Postby Vteck » Tue Jul 26, 2022 1:23 pm

MPF223 wrote:
PopPChulo wrote:I would like to see the new final gohan and orange piccolo forms even though I didn’t really care for the movie but if I was going to say what would I like to see the most? Most likely I am going to still go with SSG Vegeta (red hair) or Ego Vegeta. Either or but i want the omen with the red hair first

That would definitely be a great pop.
Hello I'm Victor!!

Pop count:2300

Dorbz count:110

Proto count:6

ImageImage

Vteck

Postby Vteck » Tue Jul 26, 2022 1:24 pm

Battle damaged Jiren which could possibly on the way from what i saw :)
Hello I'm Victor!!

ImageImage

PopPChulo

Postby PopPChulo » Tue Jul 26, 2022 8:30 pm

Vteck wrote:
MPF223 wrote:

To be honest I thought we would see this as a con exclusive a long time ago. Kinda around when we seen that SSG Goku surface during SDCC but my hopes and dreams never came to fruition
PopPChulo

Vteck

Postby Vteck » Tue Jul 26, 2022 8:32 pm

PopPChulo wrote:
Vteck wrote:
MPF223 wrote:

To be honest I thought we would see this as a con exclusive a long time ago. Kinda around when we seen that SSG Goku surface during SDCC but my hopes and dreams never came to fruition

Same but im sure its coming its only a matter of time.
Hello I'm Victor!!

ImageImage

PopPChulo

Postby PopPChulo » Tue Jul 26, 2022 8:40 pm

Vteck wrote:
PopPChulo wrote:
Vteck wrote:

You know what would be a crazy three pack? I would love to see a Vegeta, Goku and Broly Three pack that’s centered around the movie designs. I’m sure they have a infinite amount of dbz exclusives coming but I would like more thematic two packs in the line. You know like maybe a Goku super Saiyan first appearance and 100% frieza two pack (with the lightning bolts)
PopPChulo

Vteck

Postby Vteck » Wed Jul 27, 2022 11:23 am

PopPChulo wrote:
Vteck wrote:
PopPChulo wrote:

You know what would be a crazy three pack? I would love to see a Vegeta, Goku and Broly Three pack that’s centered around the movie designs. I’m sure they have a infinite amount of dbz exclusives coming but I would like more thematic two packs in the line. You know like maybe a Goku super Saiyan first appearance and 100% frieza two pack (with the lightning bolts)

Definitely i think funko has a few in the chamber from the protos that came out during Fundays im definitely ready for more DBZ/Super pops seems like they slowed down a bit which was a good breather but im ready for more lol
Hello I'm Victor!!

ImageImage

phnguyen

Postby phnguyen » Wed Jul 27, 2022 4:01 pm

Janemba!!

Complex24

Postby Complex24 » Wed Jul 27, 2022 7:46 pm

Metallic Janemba would be a nice exclusive
:freddy3:

91shawny

Postby 91shawny » Thu Jul 28, 2022 5:20 pm

PopPChulo wrote:
91shawny wrote:
w00tw00t wrote:

So I’ve seen the film now & im not a fan of the animation style. Not really down to sacrifice quality in exchange for more films to get pumped out lol I mean everyone will have their own opinion but my opinion is it’s high key mid

I figured as much, it’s not in a lot of theaters this time around so I may just wait till it comes in dvd and get it for my nephew

ImageImageImageImage

PopPChulo

Postby PopPChulo » Fri Jul 29, 2022 3:27 am

91shawny wrote:
PopPChulo wrote:
91shawny wrote:

I figured as much, it’s not in a lot of theaters this time around so I may just wait till it comes in dvd and get it for my nephew

And remember; we’ve been funatic pals for years and I know just how much you like Dragonball lol and just as I’m sure you’ve seen everything; I have as well. You know villain wise it reminds me a lot of Bio Broly (I’ll allow you to take from that what you will) & animation wise; it’s just to game engine oriented for me. It kinda jars at times because we are use to a certain animation style
PopPChulo

Hauntslice

Postby Hauntslice » Fri Jul 29, 2022 5:59 pm

:bounce: I would actually explode if they made Flocked SS4 pop's, bonus points it was SS4 Gogeta

91shawny

Postby 91shawny » Fri Jul 29, 2022 9:07 pm

PopPChulo wrote:
91shawny wrote:
PopPChulo wrote:

And remember; we’ve been funatic pals for years and I know just how much you like Dragonball lol and just as I’m sure you’ve seen everything; I have as well. You know villain wise it reminds me a lot of Bio Broly (I’ll allow you to take from that what you will) & animation wise; it’s just to game engine oriented for me. It kinda jars at times because we are use to a certain animation style

Yeaaaa I felt like this could’ve been a DLC for like kakarot idk they should’ve just made it a special episode, seems like a cash grab

ImageImageImageImage

PopPChulo

Postby PopPChulo » Thu Aug 11, 2022 6:37 pm

91shawny wrote:
PopPChulo wrote:
91shawny wrote:

Yeaaaa I felt like this could’ve been a DLC for like kakarot idk they should’ve just made it a special episode, seems like a cash grab

I absolutely agree. You know as a fan of the show; you know it’s bad when you don’t desire any pops from the movie Lolol like idk things that happened were kind of corny and not as structured as Dragonball has been in the past. It just kinda felt like “ahhh, if this is the case - why didn’t this happen like 350 episodes ago?”. Idk it just didn’t tickle my fancy but I agree it definitely seems like DLC for Kakarot lolol
PopPChulo

questkid32

Postby questkid32 » Thu Aug 11, 2022 7:31 pm

Have they made a Zarbon?

brinkleytroy

Postby brinkleytroy » Fri Aug 12, 2022 10:08 am

A lot better f characters have been made for DBZ. Off the top I can’t really think of anyone I would want to see. But hopefully a Black Light Goku.

AJLeegion

Postby AJLeegion » Mon Aug 15, 2022 1:47 am

- Ginyu Force are a must have
- Zarbon to go with Dodoria
- SS4 Goku & Vegeta
- Janemba
- Cooler
- All Gogetas, base form, SS, SS Blue, SS4
- Broly & SS Broly (DB Super)
- SS Kid Trunks in green gi (to match the Goten one that was released)
- Android 19
- Saibamen
- Nappa (no armor)
- Toppo
- SS Blue Kaioken Goku

Dragon Ball Specific:

- Launch 2 pack (Blonde & Purple)
- Yamcha
- Tao Pai Pai
- King Piccolo
- Mai & Shu
- Kid Krillin

Also surprised no Pop Towns, rides or moments have been made yet.

Still hoping for Kame House Pop Town.

FFlosersince2017

Postby FFlosersince2017 » Fri Aug 19, 2022 11:20 am

The new movie that just came out

PopPChulo

Postby PopPChulo » Tue Aug 23, 2022 12:20 am

After the new forms made their debut in the newest movie - I still have different dbz characters I want to show up. I know occasionally people may read my suggestions as the voice of the people lololol if that’s the case - let me tell you; we want to see these:

Ginyu Force (5 Pack Con excl would be great)
Super Saiyan God Vegeta (PLEASE , come on enough already! Lol)
Gogeta & Janemba con exclusive two pack
Blacklight 10 Inch Spirit Bomb Con Exclusive Goku
Ultra Ego Vegeta (IYKYK)
Black Frieza (start working on this now; because many will want this)
Moro
Granola
New Broly (Beserk Version should be a 6 Inch con excl, let’s not make him pewny sers)
Unmastered Ultra Instinct Goku
Battle-Worn Goku/Vegeta (all these gokus and Vegetas look unscathed, we want out vegetas and gokus with tattered clothes, dirt marks, blood dripping down their face, you know like they’ve actually been fighting lol)
Mystic Gohan in Kai Outfit *bonus point if he has the Z sword
Bardock would be aight but i need bardock after eating tree of might fruit bardock.
I want the ultra buff walk like a penguin Ultimate Super Saiyan Trunks as well
Father Son Kamehameha with Goku/Gohan
PopPChulo

PopPChulo

Postby PopPChulo » Tue Aug 23, 2022 12:21 am

[quote="AJLeegion"]- Ginyu Force are a must have
- Zarbon to go with Dodoria
- SS4 Goku & Vegeta
- Janemba
- Cooler
- All Gogetas, base form, SS, SS Blue, SS4
- Broly & SS Broly (DB Super)
- SS Kid Trunks in green gi (to match the Goten one that was released)
- Android 19
- Saibamen
- Nappa (no armor)
- Toppo
- SS Blue Kaioken Goku

Dragon Ball Specific:

- Launch 2 pack (Blonde & Purple)
- Yamcha
- Tao Pai Pai
- King Piccolo
- Mai & Shu
- Kid Krillin

Also surprised no Pop Towns, rides or moments have been made yet.

Still hoping for Kame House Pop Town.[/quote]
I forgot about gogeta - I need all gogetas
PopPChulo

Marinex

Postby Marinex » Tue Aug 23, 2022 1:13 am

Super Saiyan God Vegeta of course
:freddy2:

Mr Yac

Postby Mr Yac » Tue Aug 23, 2022 1:30 am

[quote="PopPChulo"]
I forgot about gogeta - I need all gogetas[/quote]

Veku included, i hope.

PopPChulo

Postby PopPChulo » Sat Aug 27, 2022 2:17 pm

[quote="Marinex"]Super Saiyan God Vegeta of course[/quote]

Been requesting this since his debut
PopPChulo

Marinex

Postby Marinex » Wed Aug 31, 2022 5:14 am

[quote="PopPChulo"][quote="Marinex"]Super Saiyan God Vegeta of course[/quote]

Been requesting this since his debut[/quote]

They're missing a lot of cool characters on Dragon ball GT
:freddy2:

Ginzo1622

Postby Ginzo1622 » Wed Aug 31, 2022 7:04 am

[quote="Marinex"][quote="PopPChulo"][quote="Marinex"]Super Saiyan God Vegeta of course[/quote]

Been requesting this since his debut[/quote]

They're missing a lot of cool characters on Dragon ball GT[/quote]

Yeah definitely. There is tons of characters though I hope they keep doing new characters than new molds
Fundays 2022 - Proto Robots
Fright Night 2022
Fundays 2023 - Protomoa Wolves

Don't stand in my way!!!

:whdat:

Return to “Pop!”