What Dragonball POP! that has not been created you want the most?

We're not talking about soda, folks. This forum is dedicated to Funko's stylish Pop! series of vinyl figures, with or without springs.
Forum rules
This section is for general Pop discussion, not showing off your recent acquisitions. Please use the Dance Hall for collection addition pictures.

Please post Funko subscription box and item discussions in the Powered By Funko section.
darqa

Re: What Dragonball POP! that has not been created you want the most?

Postby darqa » Wed Mar 01, 2023 9:28 pm

iRomey74 wrote:It’s not that I want it but I can bet you money that gohan beast from the newest movie will be at Sdcc or a con, maybe even 10 inch cell from that movie also.

That's a good point. I expect they will certainly cash in on that movie with the options for new pops.

Mags

Postby Mags » Thu Mar 02, 2023 12:37 pm

PopPChulo wrote:2023 and I’m still waiting for SSG Vegeta & the updated Broly. Lol

You can say that again lol

At this point I'm tempted to get a common Vegeta and just paint his hair, like I did with my custom PA Vegeta. Only this time it'll look better haha

Mags

Postby Mags » Thu Mar 02, 2023 12:56 pm

Universal_ghost wrote:Anyone else just want the villains from the movies? Lord slug, metal cooler, cooler final form, janemba and super janemba, the new broly, cell max.

I'm so surprised we never got the new Broly, you'd have thought he would be an immediate release.

Blitzfreeze

Postby Blitzfreeze » Thu Mar 02, 2023 4:45 pm

Probably because he is the inferior version of Broly :P
ImageImageImageImageImage
SDCC 1999-2023

Zorn88

Postby Zorn88 » Thu Mar 02, 2023 5:49 pm

Mr Yac wrote:
Mario Wario wrote:
GT isn’t perfect, but I don’t find it to be so bad as some say online. I still say Dragon Ball fans should give it a chance if one hasn’t watched it yet. For instance, I find the Baby Saga to be good; the villain is cool.

it isn't great, but i still think it is a heck of a lot better than Super.

You are on a special kind of cocaine, my man. I've been a supporter of GT since day 1, but I STRONGLY disagree with you here.

Mr Yac

Postby Mr Yac » Thu Mar 02, 2023 6:26 pm

Zorn88 wrote:You are on a special kind of cocaine, my man. I've been a supporter of GT since day 1, but I STRONGLY disagree with you here.

most people usually do , i just REALLY hate super lol

Zorn88

Postby Zorn88 » Thu Mar 02, 2023 6:32 pm

Mr Yac wrote:
Zorn88 wrote:You are on a special kind of cocaine, my man. I've been a supporter of GT since day 1, but I STRONGLY disagree with you here.

What is it about Super that you hate so much?

Blitzfreeze

Postby Blitzfreeze » Thu Mar 02, 2023 7:53 pm

Zorn88 wrote:
Mr Yac wrote:

Right? I think Super is great. Yeah the animation can be blocky sometimes, but for the most part I think it's great how they went all multiverse with it. We get so much more in the way of possibilities now.
SDCC 1999-2023

Mr Yac

Postby Mr Yac » Thu Mar 02, 2023 9:59 pm

Blitzfreeze wrote:
Zorn88 wrote:
Mr Yac wrote:

Right? I think Super is great. Yeah the animation can be blocky sometimes, but for the most part I think it's great how they went all multiverse with it. We get so much more in the way of possibilities now.

the nonsensical story, bringing in an entire universe of lore that doesn't fit anywhere into the decades we have before it and trying to force it in like it always was there (Vegeta SR being used as a footrest by Beerus for example) all the god forms are so lazy and boring and just more pushing Goku and Vegeta at the cost of a good story and the fact that it was achieved by literally holding hands. i could go on but it has just always felt like bad DBZ fanfiction to me despite Akira being involved.

Blitzfreeze

Postby Blitzfreeze » Fri Mar 03, 2023 12:59 am

Mr Yac wrote:
Blitzfreeze wrote:
Zorn88 wrote:What is it about Super that you hate so much?

the nonsensical story, bringing in an entire universe of lore that doesn't fit anywhere into the decades we have before it and trying to force it in like it always was there (Vegeta SR being used as a footrest by Beerus for example) all the god forms are so lazy and boring and just more pushing Goku and Vegeta at the cost of a good story and the fact that it was achieved by literally holding hands. i could go on but it has just always felt like bad DBZ fanfiction to me despite Akira being involved.

All valid criticism, but I feel like a lot of that has already been there or has needed to grow. How many times can Goku realistically save earth from an earth-centric threat. But he stays and lives on earth, so unless a big bad comes looking for him, he'd live out his days in peace, which would make for a boring story.

And Akira has ALWAYS messed with history, just look at Bardock, first it was Bardock died by Frieza, then it was on no he was sent back in time, then oh wait but then he became a super saiyan when he got sent back, and fought Chilled, who was Friezas like great great grandfather which I'd totally why Frieza knew about yellow haired saiyans and to be afraid of them!

Super Saiyan forms have always been lazy, ascended added bigger muscles, 2 added slightly different hair and electricity, 3 took away your eyebrows and gave you comically long hair. Your criticism are kind of steeped in what makes dragonball....well dragonball.
SDCC 1999-2023

Mr Yac

Postby Mr Yac » Fri Mar 03, 2023 12:49 pm

Blitzfreeze wrote:All valid criticism, but I feel like a lot of that has already been there or has needed to grow. How many times can Goku realistically save earth from an earth-centric threat. But he stays and lives on earth, so unless a big bad comes looking for him, he'd live out his days in peace, which would make for a boring story.

it didn't need to grow, the story was over and i would've preferred it stay that way rather than convolute and dilute what came before it as super has done IMO.

Blitzfreeze wrote: And Akira has ALWAYS messed with history, just look at Bardock, first it was Bardock died by Frieza, then it was on no he was sent back in time, then oh wait but then he became a super saiyan when he got sent back, and fought Chilled, who was Friezas like great great grandfather which I'd totally why Frieza knew about yellow haired saiyans and to be afraid of them!

difference is that crap wasn't canon, i know it's all a pointless argument between what "really happened" in a totally made-up world, but it made it at least a little easier to accept.

Blitzfreeze wrote: Super Saiyan forms have always been lazy, ascended added bigger muscles, 2 added slightly different hair and electricity, 3 took away your eyebrows and gave you comically long hair. Your criticism are kind of steeped in what makes dragonball....well dragonball.

i agree, which is why i think the series got worse as it went on and i have been saying for decades that Super Saiyan was the worst thing that happened to the story since it removed almost all of the thinking and actual martial arts out of the fighting and just became about what kind of new hair Goku would get next to save the day.

PopPChulo

Postby PopPChulo » Sat Mar 04, 2023 5:51 pm

Blitzfreeze wrote:
Zorn88 wrote:
Mr Yac wrote:

DB Super is a great continuation of the franchise. I actually think given this franchise has a 20+ year history and is still keeping us engaged in its story telling is a monumental feat and not easy to do.

However neither here nor there - give me my red haired Vegeta
PopPChulo

Funko Enthusiast/Creative Idea Expert/Music Analyst/Pop Culture Geek :freddy3:

"Creativity is all around you.. How you chose to use that creativity is at your disgression" - Pop-P Chulo

Mr Yac

Postby Mr Yac » Sat Mar 04, 2023 5:57 pm

PopPChulo wrote:

i like you more than i dislike Super, so i hope we get that Vegeta soon!

darqa

Postby darqa » Sat Mar 04, 2023 6:10 pm

PopPChulo wrote:
Blitzfreeze wrote:
Zorn88 wrote:What is it about Super that you hate so much?

DB Super is a great continuation of the franchise. I actually think given this franchise has a 20+ year history and is still keeping us engaged in its story telling is a monumental feat and not easy to do.

I am enjoying the latest DB anime/movies as well. They have built up such lore and great characters over the years.

Ronnie18

Postby Ronnie18 » Sat Mar 04, 2023 6:50 pm

Goku in a healing pod would make a unique pop

Blitzfreeze

Postby Blitzfreeze » Sat Mar 04, 2023 7:27 pm

Mr Yac wrote:
PopPChulo wrote:

There is one! He's just very expensive haha.
SDCC 1999-2023

darqa

Postby darqa » Sun Mar 05, 2023 12:20 pm

Ronnie18 wrote:Goku in a healing pod would make a unique pop

That would be interesting.

PopPChulo

Postby PopPChulo » Sun Mar 05, 2023 2:28 pm

This scene is iconic. I’m for this - extra points if they make it GITD
PopPChulo

"Creativity is all around you.. How you chose to use that creativity is at your disgression" - Pop-P Chulo

PopPChulo

Postby PopPChulo » Sun Mar 05, 2023 2:29 pm

Blitzfreeze wrote:
Mr Yac wrote:
PopPChulo wrote:

There is one! He's just very expensive haha.

Nah nah nah that Planet Arlia Vegeta isn’t red haired and he’s not my SSG Vegeta that I so deeply desire and have been panhandling for legit for years lol
PopPChulo

Karebear101083

Postby Karebear101083 » Sun Mar 05, 2023 5:25 pm

Can we have a Pan pop?

chaostryder

Postby chaostryder » Sun Mar 05, 2023 5:35 pm

This would be a really cool idea!
:freddy2:

Current ISO: Toucan Sam!

Past Events:
- Funko Fundays 2017, Funko HQ Grand Opening, Funko Fundays 2018

chaostryder

Postby chaostryder » Sun Mar 05, 2023 5:36 pm

I'm personally still waiting for a 18 inch version of Shenron lol
:freddy2:

Current ISO: Toucan Sam!

Past Events:
- Funko Fundays 2017, Funko HQ Grand Opening, Funko Fundays 2018

Funko PHOnatic

Postby Funko PHOnatic » Sun Mar 05, 2023 5:43 pm

chaostryder wrote:I'm personally still waiting for a 18 inch version of Shenron lol

Second this! I don't have very many 18 inch pops but this would be a must!

Zorn88

Postby Zorn88 » Mon Mar 06, 2023 5:42 pm

Mr Yac wrote:
Blitzfreeze wrote: Super Saiyan forms have always been lazy, ascended added bigger muscles, 2 added slightly different hair and electricity, 3 took away your eyebrows and gave you comically long hair. Your criticism are kind of steeped in what makes dragonball....well dragonball.

i agree, which is why i think the series got worse as it went on and i have been saying for decades that Super Saiyan was the worst thing that happened to the story since it removed almost all of the thinking and actual martial arts out of the fighting and just became about what kind of new hair Goku would get next to save the day.

This is a fascinating conversation. When I was a kid (and now as a 30 something adult) I was bored to tears when watching anything prior to transformations. DBZ Kai came to my rescue for the Frieza Saga and I still to this day haven't cared to watch season 1 of DBZ and have NO interest in watching the OG Dragonball.

If there is any kind of transformation, I am here for it.

Mr Yac

Postby Mr Yac » Mon Mar 06, 2023 5:44 pm

Zorn88 wrote:
This is a fascinating conversation. When I was a kid (and now as a 30 something adult) I was bored to tears when watching anything prior to transformations. DBZ Kai came to my rescue for the Frieza Saga and I still to this day haven't cared to watch season 1 of DBZ and have NO interest in watching the OG Dragonball.

Great Ape is the only form Saiyans needed. original series is great, but Saiyan Saga and especially Freiza are the highpoints of Z for me. in fact Freiza is perfect until Goku shows up, than it switches from an incredible series of cat and mouse games and amazing battle planning to being the tried-and-true Goku show that gets old fast.

Zorn88

Postby Zorn88 » Mon Mar 06, 2023 5:59 pm

Mr Yac wrote:
Great Ape is the only form Saiyans needed. original series is great, but Saiyan Saga and especially Freiza are the highpoints of Z for me. in fact Freiza is perfect until Goku shows up, than it switches from an incredible series of cat and mouse games and amazing battle planning to being the tried-and-true Goku show that gets old fast.

I love the SSJ4 transformation in GT and I think it was a real neat extension of the Great Ape form. Harnessing that power and funneling it into something more.

Blitzfreeze

Postby Blitzfreeze » Mon Mar 06, 2023 8:16 pm

Zorn88 wrote:
Mr Yac wrote:

100% same, I've never watched DB, even one episode, to this day.
SDCC 1999-2023

Mr Yac

Postby Mr Yac » Mon Mar 06, 2023 9:00 pm

Zorn88 wrote:I love the SSJ4 transformation in GT and I think it was a real neat extension of the Great Ape form. Harnessing that power and funneling it into something more.

i like 4 for that reason, as well as the fact that it just looks so darn cool!

Ragnar_7

Postby Ragnar_7 » Mon Mar 06, 2023 10:43 pm

I would love to have Toppo but kinda like a chase thing where his common is in his uniform and the chase is in his good of destruction form

Mags

Postby Mags » Mon Mar 06, 2023 11:18 pm

Oh, that would be a fun one!

Universal_ghost

Postby Universal_ghost » Mon Mar 06, 2023 11:50 pm

Mags wrote:
Universal_ghost wrote:Anyone else just want the villains from the movies? Lord slug, metal cooler, cooler final form, janemba and super janemba, the new broly, cell max.

I'm so surprised we never got the new Broly, you'd have thought he would be an immediate release.

I'm hoping for a future release of him. I'm guessing it's because he was Introduced in a movie first and they haven't made anyone from any of the movies.

daOCHO

Postby daOCHO » Thu Mar 09, 2023 1:28 am

Ive seen other manufacturers produce products from various movies within the series. I wonder if Funkos license covers the movie releases as well. Would like to see the recent Broly from the movie several years ago, or the new transformation of Gohan.

Twitter: @CCM8
Instagram: casey_aka_daocho

Blitzfreeze

Postby Blitzfreeze » Thu Mar 09, 2023 2:14 am

If we are talking about wish lists, how about some Dragon Ball Heroes Pops? Flocked SSJ4 Vegito anyone?
SDCC 1999-2023

Ginzo1622

Postby Ginzo1622 » Thu Mar 09, 2023 6:55 am

Blitzfreeze wrote:If we are talking about wish lists, how about some Dragon Ball Heroes Pops? Flocked SSJ4 Vegito anyone?

That would be awesome :bounce:
Fundays 2022 - Proto Robots
Fright Night 2022
Fundays 2023 - Protomoa Wolves

Don't stand in my way!!!

:whdat:

Mario Wario

Postby Mario Wario » Thu Mar 09, 2023 11:46 am

PopPChulo wrote:
iRomey74 wrote:It’s not that I want it but I can bet you money that gohan beast from the newest movie will be at Sdcc or a con, maybe even 10 inch cell from that movie also.

I would love to see Gohan Beast but idk if he will show up any time soon. I’ve been waiting for SSG Vegeta for like 3 or 4 years; might be a minute before we see him and orange piccolo but make no mistake I would LOVE to see the pair

Give it time; I would be surprised if no Gonhan Beast was made.
:freddy1:

Mr Yac

Postby Mr Yac » Thu Mar 09, 2023 6:23 pm

Why couldn’t they give him a cool name at least? Orange Piccolo is just so dumb, should’ve been The Dragon God or True Demon form or something cool, but nope orange damn piccolo

Blitzfreeze

Postby Blitzfreeze » Thu Mar 09, 2023 9:21 pm

Oh you mean like Goku Blue? Or Frieza Black?
SDCC 1999-2023

darqa

Postby darqa » Fri Mar 10, 2023 12:58 am

Mr Yac wrote:Why couldn’t they give him a cool name at least? Orange Piccolo is just so dumb, should’ve been The Dragon God or True Demon form or something cool, but nope orange damn piccolo

We laughed out loud in the theater hearing that name. I don't mind it but I understand your perspective. At least he got a much needed power buff.

Mr Yac

Postby Mr Yac » Fri Mar 10, 2023 1:42 am

Blitzfreeze wrote:Oh you mean like Goku Blue? Or Frieza Black?

Super sucks, it especially sucks at naming things lol

PopPChulo

Postby PopPChulo » Mon Mar 13, 2023 2:23 pm

daOCHO wrote:Ive seen other manufacturers produce products from various movies within the series. I wonder if Funkos license covers the movie releases as well. Would like to see the recent Broly from the movie several years ago, or the new transformation of Gohan.

I would love a Super Short Print of the movies. Even if they go back to the old dbz movies and release maybe like a wave a year revolving around the movies. Think it would be awesome
PopPChulo

Return to “Pop!”