Revenge of the Nerds Pops

We're not talking about soda, folks. This forum is dedicated to Funko's stylish Pop! series of vinyl figures, with or without springs.
Forum rules
This section is for general Pop discussion, not showing off your recent acquisitions. Please use the Dance Hall for collection addition pictures.

Please post Funko subscription box and item discussions in the Powered By Funko section.
MattyPHATty

Re: Revenge of the Nerds Pops

Postby MattyPHATty » Tue Sep 11, 2018 7:51 pm

Nemesis989 wrote:Can we all agree that they should focus on the original movie and forget about all the sequels?

lol this definitely seems to be the consensus

Mr Yac wrote:
Nemesis989 wrote:Can we all agree that they should focus on the original movie and forget about all the sequels?

Nerd-Ogre might be a neat variant, but I agree the first one was really the only good one.

This would probably be one of the only acceptable options if they were to do any from the sequels, but even as a kid I always found it really hard to believe the Ogre of the first movie would join the nerds. One of the many reasons the sequels weren’t as good as the OG

Psoup122

Postby Psoup122 » Tue Sep 11, 2018 8:00 pm

Spread the word, let’s hope Brian sees this and sees there’s a pretty decent interest in these

Dom

Postby Dom » Tue Sep 11, 2018 8:33 pm

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage

BillyLouis

Postby BillyLouis » Tue Sep 11, 2018 8:43 pm

This thread makes me want Police Academy POP!s as well..... :)
"If I only had the strength to make some muffins, then I swear that I would share them with you now."

Looking for: POP!s: Parks and Rec series 1, can be loose. Nathan MacKinnon, Patrick Roy.

ugagerman

Postby ugagerman » Tue Sep 11, 2018 9:36 pm

I'm down with a set from the movie.

Nemesis989

Postby Nemesis989 » Tue Sep 11, 2018 10:02 pm

MattyPHATty wrote:

Mr Yac wrote:

Nerd-Ogre might be a neat variant, but I agree the first one was really the only good one.

This would probably be one of the only acceptable options if they were to do any from the sequels, but even as a kid I always found it really hard to believe the Ogre of the first movie would join the nerds. One of the many reasons the sequels weren’t as good as the OG

I have always had a problem with this as well. By the fourth movie he is pretty well unrecognizable
Thank you everyone for this awesome community

MattyPHATty

Postby MattyPHATty » Wed Sep 12, 2018 3:17 am

Nemesis989 wrote:
MattyPHATty wrote:

Mr Yac wrote:

I have always had a problem with this as well. By the fourth movie he is pretty well unrecognizable

Yeah after the first one they got pretty cheesy which was a shame because the first was so funny and original. Definitely better off just sticking with the original if they were to do these but I sure would love to see them

bspears82

Postby bspears82 » Wed Sep 12, 2018 4:21 am

Gonna need that booger pop stat.

alf_ie

Postby alf_ie » Wed Sep 12, 2018 12:19 pm

The Lamar Latrell wobbly javelin throw...
Fundays
2014 San Diego
2015 San Diego
2016 San Diego
2017 San Diego
2022 San Diego
2023 San Diego

Funkoween
2016 San Diego

Making Fun Movie Premiere
2018 Hollywood

FunKon
2021 Hollywood

IN SEARCH OF: 2011 Funko Freddy Flav any color
IN SEARCH OF: 2023 Funko Freddy Lex Luthor

brooklyn_geek

Postby brooklyn_geek » Wed Sep 12, 2018 12:21 pm

As much as I LOVED this movie (which I might add they would NEVER make in 2018) I don't wanna see Pops of these guys...

ryusilva23

Postby ryusilva23 » Wed Sep 12, 2018 1:29 pm

brooklyn_geek wrote:As much as I LOVED this movie (which I might add they would NEVER make in 2018) I don't wanna see Pops of these guys...

If they can make pops of Married with Children... the bar would have to be set so low for a certain movie and TV series that people would say... umm yeah they shouldn't make this lol.

brooklyn_geek

Postby brooklyn_geek » Wed Sep 12, 2018 3:49 pm

ryusilva23 wrote:
brooklyn_geek wrote:As much as I LOVED this movie (which I might add they would NEVER make in 2018) I don't wanna see Pops of these guys...

If they can make pops of Married with Children... the bar would have to be set so low for a certain movie and TV series that people would say... umm yeah they shouldn't make this lol.

Yeah ummmm Married with Children was a TV show that showed a trashy kind of family that were still pretty lovable...ROTN was an R Rated film that had a scene that portrays what was basically a rape, they used hidden cameras to spy on women, etc etc etc...again...I loved it back then, but as an older guy I know they would't make that movie the same way now, nor do I have any interest in seeing toys for it. Apples and oranges and if you or anyone else wants to see em, that's cool...

Mr Yac

Postby Mr Yac » Wed Sep 12, 2018 4:13 pm

they've made figures of shows and characters that did far worse things then spy on girls and steal their underwear guys lol

but I do agree with you that the movie "wouldn't be made today" and that is a sad statement on the world today.

Chase Variant
Location: The wild, wild west, a state that's untouchable like Elliot Ness

Postby Chase Variant » Wed Sep 12, 2018 4:45 pm

Mr Yac wrote:they've made figures of shows and characters that did far worse things then spy on girls and steal their underwear guys lol

but I do agree with you that the movie "wouldn't be made today" and that is a sad statement on the world today.

I would hope that most people would think that not having a scene where the good guy rapes a woman and gets away it would be an improvement, not a thing to be mourned.

Chase Variant

Postby Chase Variant » Wed Sep 12, 2018 5:01 pm

brooklyn_geek wrote:
ryusilva23 wrote:

Yeah ummmm Married with Children was a TV show that showed a trashy kind of family that were still pretty lovable...ROTN was an R Rated film that had a scene that portrays what was basically a rape, they used hidden cameras to spy on women, etc etc etc...again...I loved it back then, but as an older guy I know they would't make that movie the same way now, nor do I have any interest in seeing toys for it. Apples and oranges and if you or anyone else wants to see em, that's cool...

Married with Children also worked because it was a satire of the typical happy sitcom family that never failed to acknowledge that the Bundys were horrible people. While you could root for them, you were never supposed to admire them, and their behavior most often resulted in failure.

Mr Yac

Postby Mr Yac » Wed Sep 12, 2018 5:32 pm

Chase Variant wrote:
I would hope that most people would think that not having a scene where the good guy rapes a woman and gets away it would be an improvement, not a thing to be mourned.

eh, if you want to look at everything through the lens of oppression then most things aren't going to hold up decades later. it was a fun movie with some cheap laughs, it wasn't malicious or harmful to anybody (aside for those darn Jocks and they had it coming!)

dork_knight
Spirit Award
Spirit Award

Postby dork_knight » Wed Sep 12, 2018 5:59 pm

I was waiting for Funday's to play the talent show song from Revenge of the Nerds.

I would love Lambda Lambda Lambda in their talent show fits :)
Bah Weep Gragnah Weep Nini Bong!
FunKlub Member:2016000002828
Funko Collectibles Count:4000+
Pokémon GO! Pokédex: 794 | Trainer Name: DorkKn1ght

A few fellow Funko Funatics and I started a podcast: http://www.buzzsprout.com/1015576
FB: Dave Metran | IG: @dork_knight46 | TW: @davemetran

Chase Variant

Postby Chase Variant » Wed Sep 12, 2018 6:08 pm

Mr Yac wrote:
Chase Variant wrote:

eh, if you want to look at everything through the lens of oppression then most things aren't going to hold up decades later. it was a fun movie with some cheap laughs, it wasn't malicious or harmful to anybody (aside for those darn Jocks and they had it coming!)

As I said upthread, I can enjoy it in the context of the time it was made. What you said is that it’s a sad statement that a movie like that wouldn’t be made today. So don’t try to move the goalposts here. There’s a difference between appreciating a movie made in a less enlightened time and wanting to return to that state.

Mr Yac

Postby Mr Yac » Wed Sep 12, 2018 6:17 pm

Chase Variant wrote:
As I said upthread, I can enjoy it in the context of the time it was made. What you said is that it’s a sad statement that a movie like that wouldn’t be made today. So don’t try to move the goalposts here. There’s a difference between appreciating a movie made in a less enlightened time and wanting to return to that state.

you are right, and I apologize. I grew up in a time where the teen-sex comedy was a pretty standard genre and quite frankly I don't think it's a bad thing, but I can understand your point of view as well.

Chase Variant

Postby Chase Variant » Wed Sep 12, 2018 6:48 pm

Mr Yac wrote:
Chase Variant wrote:

you are right, and I apologize. I grew up in a time where the teen-sex comedy was a pretty standard genre and quite frankly I don't think it's a bad thing, but I can understand your point of view as well.

Hey, I appreciate that I do think teen-sex comedies still work—I liked Blockers—but I think that they can no longer treat the harassment of women as just a joke, which happens a lot in RotN.

SpastikGrl

Postby SpastikGrl » Wed Sep 12, 2018 10:41 pm

Frankly... all I remember is Parties... nakedness... AND BOOOOOGER!!!! I'd love a BOOOOGER POP!

socaliwong

Postby socaliwong » Thu Sep 13, 2018 3:16 pm

Would need a Pop Ride of Takashi on Tricycle too..

ericj

Postby ericj » Thu Sep 13, 2018 4:27 pm

I agree with the sentiment, as much as I enjoyed this movie back in the day, there are better choices for new lines of pops!

Psoup122

Postby Psoup122 » Wed Jan 02, 2019 2:40 pm

Nerds!

brooklyn_geek

Postby brooklyn_geek » Wed Jan 02, 2019 2:44 pm

Psoup122 wrote:Nerds!

deetran24

Postby deetran24 » Wed Jan 02, 2019 2:52 pm

this reminds me, how about some weird science pops haha
Lakers|Pops|Lakers :freddy3:
Fundays: 2018|2019
Favorite Sets: The Office|F.R.I.E.N.D.S.|Saved By The Bell|GOT|

Kwik_One

Postby Kwik_One » Wed Jan 02, 2019 5:22 pm

Some like it Scott wrote:
CaseyJones14 wrote:Image

And Just when you think you have seen it all
Along comes a Lamda 3 feet tall

I went to high school with Andrew Cassese who played Wormser - the 3 foot tall guy. He was pretty quiet in school and didn’t really live up to his role in Revenge.

cerealkiller

Postby cerealkiller » Wed Jan 02, 2019 9:26 pm

would love these. and better off dead ones too.

Psoup122

Postby Psoup122 » Sun Jul 21, 2019 2:46 am

Nerds!!!!!!!!!!

MattyPHATty

Postby MattyPHATty » Sun Jul 21, 2019 9:58 am

Would still be super down for these!!! lol lol lol

BadEugoogolizer

Postby BadEugoogolizer » Sun Jul 21, 2019 10:09 am

Absolutely!
Or did you think I'd be too stupid to know what a eugoogoly was?

DivineWarrior

Postby DivineWarrior » Sun Jul 21, 2019 12:31 pm

I think the Javelin toss would be neat. Also, if they could incorporate the javelin to spring like in the movie that would be Awesome!!!

NYCC Five Timer - 2017-2022, 1 Timer - Fright Night

Image Image

Howardthepop

Postby Howardthepop » Sun Jul 28, 2019 8:58 pm

Jalapenopete wrote:Nerds nerds nerds nerds!!! I vote double yes we need booger, great idea

I need Booger picking his nose holding a beer can when he's doing the belching contest. lol lol

Gman18251

Postby Gman18251 » Sun Jul 28, 2019 10:27 pm

Poindexter with violin maybe a wormser, is buy the set for sure
:freddy4: love Pop collecting, mainly into rick and morty , all Star Wars, GOT and Marvel .

pberickp

Postby pberickp » Sun Jul 28, 2019 10:40 pm

I would be all over these. It was one of those classic movies from the 80's that kids of my generation watched over and over again. I can hear Ogre yelling "NERDS!" right now.
Hi, my name is Erick. I live in San Diego and I love Spastik Plastik.
ISO: Luther (glow), metallic green Sam, Pulpos from SDCC Funko Supermarket, & any T-Bone other than blue and red.
SDCC 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2021, 2022
ImageImage

shanemm

Postby shanemm » Sun Jul 28, 2019 10:45 pm

I’m surprised they haven’t yet. This set would be huge!

Jalapenopete

Postby Jalapenopete » Sun Jul 28, 2019 11:37 pm

Howardthepop wrote:
Jalapenopete wrote:Nerds nerds nerds nerds!!! I vote double yes we need booger, great idea

I need Booger picking his nose holding a beer can when he's doing the belching contest. lol lol

:bounce: :bounce: lol that's the perfect image of him we definitely do
:freddy3:

StarWarsFunkoGirl

Postby StarWarsFunkoGirl » Sun Jul 28, 2019 11:59 pm

Easy Pass for me...not sure Funko should make pops from this movie
https://i.imgur.com/F5eaJ4O.jpg

Started collecting: 2014 | Pop! Star Wars: 758 | Pop! Harry Potter/Fantastic Beast 180 | 290 random pops, minis & pins

Psoup122

Postby Psoup122 » Mon Jul 29, 2019 12:08 pm

Stan Gable and a oversized Ogre Pop would be pretty sweet

Mr Yac

Postby Mr Yac » Mon Jul 29, 2019 4:28 pm

Psoup122 wrote:Stan Gable and a oversized Ogre Pop would be pretty sweet

and then they'd have a Jefferson head ready to go to hang out with Al Bundy :D

Return to “Pop!”