Funko - We Want Spawn Funko POP!

We're not talking about soda, folks. This forum is dedicated to Funko's stylish Pop! series of vinyl figures, with or without springs.
Forum rules
This section is for general Pop discussion, not showing off your recent acquisitions. Please use the Dance Hall for collection addition pictures.

Please post Funko subscription box and item discussions in the Powered By Funko section.
zavanko_83

Re: Funko - We Want Spawn Funko POP!

Postby zavanko_83 » Thu Jun 16, 2022 2:37 pm

I think we are overdue for a reboot. Would love it if it happened that way we can get some more Spawn Pops.
Alejandro (Alex) Zavala
The United Funko Family (T.U.F.F.), PSW Funko Fiends

Events I have attended:
Funko Hollywood Grand Opening
FunKon2021
DCon2021
WonderCon2022
SDCC 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, (SE) 2021, 2022, 2023
FunDays 2022,2023
FunkoFunTV Pop Quiz Contestant Season 1 Episode 6

Image Image

:freddy1:

brooklyn_geek

Postby brooklyn_geek » Thu Jun 16, 2022 2:46 pm

Todd is particular about characters he owns & his work and what's done with it...it's pretty much part of his MO, why he founded Image etc...why did a comic artist start his own toy company? And why would said artist just license his MAIN character to another toy company in light of that? Just saying...and I would like a Spawn Pop too but I respect it if Todd isn't with it...see my post a few years ago lol

https://www.instagram.com/p/CGiTDtLJVaP/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link

zavanko_83

Postby zavanko_83 » Thu Jun 16, 2022 2:52 pm

brooklyn_geek wrote:Todd is particular about characters he owns & his work and what's done with it...it's pretty much part of his MO, why he founded Image etc...why did a comic artist start his own toy company? And why would said artist just license his MAIN character to another toy company in light of that? Just saying...and I would like a Spawn Pop too but I respect it if Todd isn't with it...see my post a few years ago lol

I see and understand that. I know it won't happen anytime soon or future. Would just love to see lol What up Brotha!!!
Alejandro (Alex) Zavala

Events I have attended:
FunKon2021
DCon2021
WonderCon2022
SDCC 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, (SE) 2021, 2022, 2023
FunDays 2022,2023

Image Image

geekypeeples

Postby geekypeeples » Thu Jun 16, 2022 3:07 pm

rexflexall wrote:
runtodere wrote:
hpellot wrote:

Maybe a Spawn funko, Loungefly bag and mondo post combinaton.

Triple up

Get on the Funko boat Toddfather! LOL

Agreed but the Toddfathwr keeps saying no. I will day there are some sweet custom funko Spawn I've seen
Be well and blessed; g'journey and Keep Lovin' this Pop Life!

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage

Takit0

Postby Takit0 » Thu Jun 16, 2022 3:15 pm

zavanko_83 wrote:I think we are overdue for a reboot. Would love it if it happened that way we can get some more Spawn Pops.

A reboot would be great! Especially if it means they make some pops along the way.

PopPChulo

Postby PopPChulo » Thu Jun 16, 2022 3:20 pm

geekypeeples wrote:
PopPChulo wrote:
geekypeeples wrote:Imagine the way Spawns Cape could look under the Funko treatment or as a Mondo Poster.....highfivefantastic indeed

Omg I can’t even fathom the way spawn would look on a mondo poster in pop form. I been wanting spawn for sooo long. Hopefully we see it eventually

Yeah it truly would be a blessing to us fans now I'm thinking how great that Mondo Spawn poster would look done by say Tood himself or Kael Ngu would be my choices or or or Reis doing a Spawn take would be awesome to see also.

Reis is what really caught my attention. I would really enjoy a collaborative effort from Reis and Todd especially because quiet as kept; Reis actually enjoys doing darker paranormal things. I feel like even a deluxe spawn pop pioneered by them would be amazing
PopPChulo

Funko Enthusiast/Creative Idea Expert/Music Analyst/Pop Culture Geek :freddy3:

"Creativity is all around you.. How you chose to use that creativity is at your disgression" - Pop-P Chulo

geekypeeples

Postby geekypeeples » Thu Jun 16, 2022 3:44 pm

PopPChulo wrote:
geekypeeples wrote:
PopPChulo wrote:
Omg I can’t even fathom the way spawn would look on a mondo poster in pop form. I been wanting spawn for sooo long. Hopefully we see it eventually

Yeah it truly would be a blessing to us fans now I'm thinking how great that Mondo Spawn poster would look done by say Tood himself or Kael Ngu would be my choices or or or Reis doing a Spawn take would be awesome to see also.

Reis is what really caught my attention. I would really enjoy a collaborative effort from Reis and Todd especially because quiet as kept; Reis actually enjoys doing darker paranormal things. I feel like even a deluxe spawn pop pioneered by them would be amazing

Agreed completely the two styles fit like a glove Ries would do a kick a** spawn whether comic varient or poster or action figure. We'd sooner get a Reis Spawn varient than a Funko Todd colab but we can dream

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage

zavanko_83

Postby zavanko_83 » Thu Jun 16, 2022 3:53 pm

I like where are going with this!!!! lol
Alejandro (Alex) Zavala

Events I have attended:
FunKon2021
DCon2021
WonderCon2022
FunDays 2022,2023

Image Image

brooklyn_geek

Postby brooklyn_geek » Thu Jun 16, 2022 4:24 pm

zavanko_83 wrote:
brooklyn_geek wrote:Todd is particular about characters he owns & his work and what's done with it...it's pretty much part of his MO, why he founded Image etc...why did a comic artist start his own toy company? And why would said artist just license his MAIN character to another toy company in light of that? Just saying...and I would like a Spawn Pop too but I respect it if Todd isn't with it...see my post a few years ago lol

I see and understand that. I know it won't happen anytime soon or future. Would just love to see lol What up Brotha!!!

:freddy3:

PopPChulo

Postby PopPChulo » Thu Jun 16, 2022 5:57 pm

geekypeeples wrote:
PopPChulo wrote:
geekypeeples wrote:Yeah it truly would be a blessing to us fans now I'm thinking how great that Mondo Spawn poster would look done by say Tood himself or Kael Ngu would be my choices or or or Reis doing a Spawn take would be awesome to see also.

Agreed completely the two styles fit like a glove Ries would do a kick a** spawn whether comic varient or poster or action figure. We'd sooner get a Reis Spawn varient than a Funko Todd colab but we can dream

I know how picky Todd is with Spawn but something like Funko I think would fit the intellectual property well especially because I know he had went out on a limb and allowed other establishments to use his intellectual property before. A powerhouse like Funko would probably be able to bridge the gap
PopPChulo

"Creativity is all around you.. How you chose to use that creativity is at your disgression" - Pop-P Chulo

runtodere

Postby runtodere » Thu Jun 16, 2022 6:33 pm

rexflexall wrote:
runtodere wrote:
hpellot wrote:

Maybe a Spawn funko, Loungefly bag and mondo post combinaton.

Triple up

Get on the Funko boat Toddfather! LOL

No kidding. Just do it! Everyone's doing it!

ascaryman

Postby ascaryman » Thu Jun 16, 2022 8:09 pm

LOL @ Triple Collab, now you're talking!
SDCC 2013-2018 | Fundays 2015-2018

tlaloc666

Postby tlaloc666 » Thu Jun 16, 2022 10:04 pm

PopPChulo wrote:
geekypeeples wrote:
PopPChulo wrote:

I know how picky Todd is with Spawn but something like Funko I think would fit the intellectual property well especially because I know he had went out on a limb and allowed other establishments to use his intellectual property before. A powerhouse like Funko would probably be able to bridge the gap

It all depends on the desing and maybe a few requeriments that Todd put on the contract.

Like the desing must be approve and maybe modified by todd, or that the chains on spawn must be real metal.

Still remember theres already a Batman Pop from a comic cover that Todd did exclusive for Entertaiment earth and that batman look pretty cool.
Kyko here !!

Tik tok : @kyko_tj
Tijuana The Happiest Place on Earth !!

Funko events attended
Fundays 2015
Fundays 2016
Funko Fright Night
Fundays 2017
Premiere Making Fun
Fundays 2018
Fundays 2019
HQ Hollywood Opening 2019
ECCC VIrtual Con 2020
Summer Virtual Con 2020
Funkon 2021
Fundays 2021
Funko Fright Night 2 NYC 2022

geekypeeples

Postby geekypeeples » Fri Jun 17, 2022 9:43 am

PopPChulo wrote:
geekypeeples wrote:
PopPChulo wrote:

Funko maybe could made a deal to give a truck of money to come on as a producer on his upcoming in development Spawn film with Jamie Fox that Todd is trying to pay for this would get us that Funko Spawn deal on lock possibly

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage

PopPChulo

Postby PopPChulo » Fri Jun 17, 2022 9:55 am

geekypeeples wrote:
PopPChulo wrote:
geekypeeples wrote:Agreed completely the two styles fit like a glove Ries would do a kick a** spawn whether comic varient or poster or action figure. We'd sooner get a Reis Spawn varient than a Funko Todd colab but we can dream

Funko maybe could made a deal to give a truck of money to come on as a producer on his upcoming in development Spawn film with Jamie Fox that Todd is trying to pay for this would get us that Funko Spawn deal on lock possibly

You know I’ve been hearing that spawn movie has been in development for years now with Jamie Foxx helming it. I have heard that the delay in release is due to the fact that Todd wants to retain rights to the intellectual property/creative control. A lot of movie studios want to influence the films direction. We seen that with Snyder and Justice league
PopPChulo

rexflexall

Postby rexflexall » Fri Jun 17, 2022 10:28 am

Spawn movie hopefully in my lifetime! LOL

geekypeeples

Postby geekypeeples » Fri Jun 17, 2022 11:34 am

PopPChulo wrote:
geekypeeples wrote:
PopPChulo wrote:

You know I’ve been hearing that spawn movie has been in development for years now with Jamie Foxx helming it. I have heard that the delay in release is due to the fact that Todd wants to retain rights to the intellectual property/creative control. A lot of movie studios want to influence the films direction. We seen that with Snyder and Justice league

Yes Todd is trying to Raise Millions of dollars all himself so he has total creative cinematic control of his character. That's why he has been doing the CGC signings, recent ultra exclusive Spawn varient covers, the limited edition Spawn figures kickstarter...etc expect this to keep up as I think he will do it and raise the amount he feels he needs. He's also got a ton of fan support and he's always a join at signings

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage

rexflexall

Postby rexflexall » Fri Jun 17, 2022 12:03 pm

geekypeeples wrote:
PopPChulo wrote:
geekypeeples wrote:Funko maybe could made a deal to give a truck of money to come on as a producer on his upcoming in development Spawn film with Jamie Fox that Todd is trying to pay for this would get us that Funko Spawn deal on lock possibly

Yes Todd is trying to Raise Millions of dollars all himself so he has total creative cinematic control of his character. That's why he has been doing the CGC signings, recent ultra exclusive Spawn varient covers, the limited edition Spawn figures kickstarter...etc expect this to keep up as I think he will do it and raise the amount he feels he needs. He's also got a ton of fan support and he's always a join at signings

Todd should for sure be able to control his Spawn properties and not bow down to corporate greed!

FunkoBurro3

Postby FunkoBurro3 » Sat Jun 18, 2022 12:48 am

PopPChulo wrote:
FunkoBurro3 wrote:
hpellot wrote:

I think he is, as in the past year a ton of new merchandise from McFarlane has come out.

Yea he keeps spawn very close, good to see new merchandise, but also there would be a lot more if he wasn't hogging it all lol

Tell me spawn isn’t primed for a funko deluxe figure kinda like Jim Lee was doing for the DC characters. A lot of potential imo

YESSS!!!! this would be awesome for a spawn figure! so much room for potential but...
Abel H 3 :freddy2:
The United Funko Family

-Funkowood (Funko Hollywood) Grand Opening
-Funko Virtual-Con 2020
-Funkon 2021
-SDCC-Special Edition 2021- Pop! Quiz - Auditions (Rejected)
-Funko Fundays 2022
-FDO9- San Diego 2023
-Camp Fundays 2023 (Sandwich survivor!)

hpellot

Postby hpellot » Sun Jun 19, 2022 7:38 pm

geekypeeples wrote:
PopPChulo wrote:
geekypeeples wrote:Funko maybe could made a deal to give a truck of money to come on as a producer on his upcoming in development Spawn film with Jamie Fox that Todd is trying to pay for this would get us that Funko Spawn deal on lock possibly

Thanks great point.
ImageImageImage

Some people call me the orange hoodie

ISO funko Force creature from black lagoon chase Glow in the dark

rexflexall

Postby rexflexall » Mon Jun 20, 2022 11:16 am

FunkoBurro3 wrote:
PopPChulo wrote:
FunkoBurro3 wrote:
Yea he keeps spawn very close, good to see new merchandise, but also there would be a lot more if he wasn't hogging it all lol

Tell me spawn isn’t primed for a funko deluxe figure kinda like Jim Lee was doing for the DC characters. A lot of potential imo

YESSS!!!! this would be awesome for a spawn figure! so much room for potential but...

Now that shows promise!

Nightryda12

Postby Nightryda12 » Mon Jun 20, 2022 12:19 pm

Would LOVE a SPAWN pop. I made a custom a long time ago.
ImageImage
I'm Joseph
ImageImage

hpellot

Postby hpellot » Mon Jun 20, 2022 6:01 pm

Nightryda12 wrote:Would LOVE a SPAWN pop. I made a custom a long time ago.
ImageImage

That looks amazing, Thank you for sharing.
ImageImageImage

geekypeeples

Postby geekypeeples » Mon Jun 20, 2022 6:04 pm

hpellot wrote:
geekypeeples wrote:
PopPChulo wrote:

Thanks great point.

It's his game plan. I had the pleasure to interview him in NYC at an event and he was very open about trying to do what he can to raise these funds himself and with fan support by us spending money on Spawn Merch and Kickstarters signings and varient cover releases. He's gonna do it and continue to make comic book history with his character. It's a real great success story as he created Spawn while he was in high school way before he ever worked for a major comic company let alone one he himself started in image comics.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage

geekypeeples

Postby geekypeeples » Mon Jun 20, 2022 6:04 pm

hpellot wrote:
ImageImage

That looks amazing, Thank you for sharing.

This is o soo high five fantastic

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage

PopPChulo

Postby PopPChulo » Tue Jun 21, 2022 8:19 am

rexflexall wrote:
geekypeeples wrote:
PopPChulo wrote:

Todd should for sure be able to control his Spawn properties and not bow down to corporate greed!

To me though it seems strange that no one in Hollywood would be down to do a film partnership to bring his spawn franchise to life especially considering the popularity of the movies back in the 90s. Spawn was huge in pop culture and still is a pretty big deal. I feel he’s only faded back a little to the new generation because he’s not in the direct public eye however never the less; I would love to see a spawn movie and I would adore to see spawn pops
PopPChulo

rexflexall

Postby rexflexall » Tue Jun 21, 2022 11:34 am

PopPChulo wrote:
rexflexall wrote:
geekypeeples wrote:Yes Todd is trying to Raise Millions of dollars all himself so he has total creative cinematic control of his character. That's why he has been doing the CGC signings, recent ultra exclusive Spawn varient covers, the limited edition Spawn figures kickstarter...etc expect this to keep up as I think he will do it and raise the amount he feels he needs. He's also got a ton of fan support and he's always a join at signings

To me though it seems strange that no one in Hollywood would be down to do a film partnership to bring his spawn franchise to life especially considering the popularity of the movies back in the 90s. Spawn was huge in pop culture and still is a pretty big deal. I feel he’s only faded back a little to the new generation because he’s not in the direct public eye however never the less; I would love to see a spawn movie and I would adore to see spawn pops

Spawn needs a great studio to back this up into film production! Or an eccentric billionaire LOL!

Off_Funko

Postby Off_Funko » Tue Jun 21, 2022 12:18 pm

Todd had a discord for spawn nft type things. I wonder what happened to that I left awhile ago. Maybe he was going his own road so thats why no funkos?

Spawn pops would be so cool though
Pops, Cereal & Mystery Minis!

SDCC '17, '18, '19, '22 | Funko Fundays 2019, 2022, Camp Fundays 2023
Blacklight Champion!!!

geekypeeples

Postby geekypeeples » Tue Jun 21, 2022 1:50 pm

rexflexall wrote:
PopPChulo wrote:
rexflexall wrote:

Spawn needs a great studio to back this up into film production! Or an eccentric billionaire LOL!

If he raises what funds he wants then he will bypass the studio that's his goal. Look how Studio involvement crushed Sony and DCEU films. He's taking note of all that and trying his best to not be dependent on that or a rich billionaire who will tell him what to do with his Characters cause they paid for it....so he going the fan raised funds route as he knows we won't be in the room telling him what to do lol.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage

iRomey74

Postby iRomey74 » Tue Jun 21, 2022 2:45 pm

it would such a great line to have but it all comes down to Todd i think and knowing how he is.... it wont happen. He barely does CGC signings to get graded comics. so i doubt he will give likeliness up
Sdcc: 2012,2014,2015,2016,2017,2018,2019,2022
Fundays: struck out every year since 2012

rexflexall

Postby rexflexall » Wed Jun 22, 2022 10:54 am

geekypeeples wrote:
rexflexall wrote:
PopPChulo wrote:

If he raises what funds he wants then he will bypass the studio that's his goal. Look how Studio involvement crushed Sony and DCEU films. He's taking note of all that and trying his best to not be dependent on that or a rich billionaire who will tell him what to do with his Characters cause they paid for it....so he going the fan raised funds route as he knows we won't be in the room telling him what to do lol.

Toddfather wants to rule all! LOL

hpellot

Postby hpellot » Wed Jun 22, 2022 1:20 pm

rexflexall wrote:
geekypeeples wrote:
rexflexall wrote:

Yes he does for sure.
ImageImageImage

partner-in-crime

Postby partner-in-crime » Wed Jun 22, 2022 2:06 pm

ImageImage

That is awesome, you are very talented =D>
Hello funatics, I'm Alana and I love collecting dragon pops.

FUNDAYS 2016, 2018, 2019, 2022
FDO LA 8
World Premiere Making Fun
FUNKO Hollywood Grand Opening
[color=#FF8000]Mask O Raid 2022[/color]

rexflexall

Postby rexflexall » Thu Jun 23, 2022 11:55 am

hpellot wrote:
rexflexall wrote:
geekypeeples wrote:If he raises what funds he wants then he will bypass the studio that's his goal. Look how Studio involvement crushed Sony and DCEU films. He's taking note of all that and trying his best to not be dependent on that or a rich billionaire who will tell him what to do with his Characters cause they paid for it....so he going the fan raised funds route as he knows we won't be in the room telling him what to do lol.

Yes he does for sure.

Can't blame him - he should get the biggest chunk of the pie!

hpellot

Postby hpellot » Thu Jun 23, 2022 12:22 pm

rexflexall wrote:
hpellot wrote:
rexflexall wrote:

Yes he does for sure.

Can't blame him - he should get the biggest chunk of the pie!

That is true but it would be awesome to get a funko pop
ImageImageImage

PopPChulo

Postby PopPChulo » Thu Jun 23, 2022 3:49 pm

rexflexall wrote:
PopPChulo wrote:
rexflexall wrote:

That’s what I’m saying. If they do Spawn the right way it would be incredible. I remember even as a kid I used to love spawn; even that last live action film they did but with the technological advancements of today I feel spawn could truly be one of the most incredible franchises out there
PopPChulo

jcrook

Postby jcrook » Thu Jun 23, 2022 4:49 pm

geekypeeples wrote:
hpellot wrote:
geekypeeples wrote:Yes Todd is trying to Raise Millions of dollars all himself so he has total creative cinematic control of his character. That's why he has been doing the CGC signings, recent ultra exclusive Spawn varient covers, the limited edition Spawn figures kickstarter...etc expect this to keep up as I think he will do it and raise the amount he feels he needs. He's also got a ton of fan support and he's always a join at signings

Thanks great point.

It's his game plan. I had the pleasure to interview him in NYC at an event and he was very open about trying to do what he can to raise these funds himself and with fan support by us spending money on Spawn Merch and Kickstarters signings and varient cover releases. He's gonna do it and continue to make comic book history with his character. It's a real great success story as he created Spawn while he was in high school way before he ever worked for a major comic company let alone one he himself started in image comics.

Very cool, and I can understand wanting to be able to maintain creative control, which is something you typically lose when you let a studio buy it.
Funko Fundays 2017
FunKon 2021
SDCC 2017, 2018, 2022

I go by Crook

rexflexall

Postby rexflexall » Fri Jun 24, 2022 11:01 am

It's gotta be Todd's big passion project for sure, live-action movie again!

hpellot

Postby hpellot » Fri Jun 24, 2022 3:42 pm

rexflexall wrote:It's gotta be Todd's big passion project for sure, live-action movie again!

It does sound like it, I can see a movie doing well,
ImageImageImage

jigsaw

Postby jigsaw » Fri Jun 24, 2022 5:26 pm

i can picture so many cool ideas for spawn pops!!
SOME PEOPLE ARE SO UNGRATEFUL TO BE ALIVE.... BUT NOT YOU.... NOT ANYMORE.
ImageImage

IG: @Jigsaws_movie_room

Image ImageImage
ImageImage

Return to “Pop!”