Funko - We Want Spawn Funko POP!

We're not talking about soda, folks. This forum is dedicated to Funko's stylish Pop! series of vinyl figures, with or without springs.
Forum rules
This section is for general Pop discussion, not showing off your recent acquisitions. Please use the Dance Hall for collection addition pictures.

Please post Funko subscription box and item discussions in the Powered By Funko section.
FunCo_Papi

Re: Funko - We Want Spawn Funko POP!

Postby FunCo_Papi » Fri Sep 14, 2018 10:36 am

ReggieB78 wrote:that would be great especially McFarlane is always doing autographing. He is soo cool!

Definitely need a Spawn POP! & needs to be signed by the Todd Father! lol

cmasicampo

Postby cmasicampo » Fri Sep 14, 2018 11:15 am

These would be great!
I’m Chris
IG @CMonstercampo

ImageImage

deejaylunchbox

Postby deejaylunchbox » Fri Sep 14, 2018 1:04 pm

McFarlane while dope is a bit of a d*****. Don't get me wrong, i love his art grew up on his Amazing SpiderMan and SpiderMan run however he's a little too egocentric and very protective of his stuff. Besides he has McFarlane toys that does well and with whom they have crazy licenses.

at best we're a few years away from seeing a Funko x Mcfarlane spawn release. Best bet it'll happen when the new movie comes out next year.
• Funko Fiends PSW President •
• Pøps.Føød.Shœs.Rεpεατ •
• there's no way everybody was Kung-Fu fighting •

ImageImage

PopPChulo

Postby PopPChulo » Sat Sep 15, 2018 8:39 pm

SithLord wrote:Bruh!!! You already know!!!

I want this to happen so bad! Before collecting Pops I collected all things Spawn. So this would be a must have. I agreed with everyone. There are endless variants/ designs that could be made.

My concern is with Todd Mcfarlene. He is very hands on. He has had some issues in the past with his brand and Spawn has not been producing in the quantity it has in the past. However, Since Toys R Us s*** down, I have not seen any Mcfarlene toys out there other than the gamer and NFL lines in Target.

This would definitely be a great collaboration between Brian and Todd. I just hope Funko can find that balance between Pop cuteness and the detail Todd brings To his Spawns line.

Like I said in your other thread I would love to see a deluxe Spawn pop with a ridiculous flowing cape on top of a steeple. Something that would put the Jim Lee Batman to shame.

Man I completely agree with you - I will say this. Even if Todd McFarlane is hands on which it has been proven that he is TREMENDOUSLY hands on (see the new movie for an example.. he penned the script) - I think that there could be a arrangement that could work out between McFarlane and Funko.

I will say I don't see him providing the license to Funko indefinitely but I do think that Todd would go for a Spawn run. This would probably have to be a limited edition PX Exclusive - Maybe a 10k-20k run. I don't see him just allowing indefinite production of a Spawn Funko POP.

This is a POP that I'd ultimately love to have a Glow Variant right off the bat. lol announce it as a Glow variant.

It's been proven Todd is ELITE with character design and I think that if he also had a hand in designing the Spawn Funko POP! even if it was a line of just maybe 1-3 POP! - it would one be beautiful two sell out because Todd has a pretty dedicated fan base to spawn.
PopPChulo

Funko Enthusiast/Creative Idea Expert/Music Analyst/Pop Culture Geek :freddy3:

"Creativity is all around you.. How you chose to use that creativity is at your disgression" - Pop-P Chulo

SithLord

Postby SithLord » Sat Sep 15, 2018 9:39 pm

PopPChulo wrote:

I want this to happen so bad! Before collecting Pops I collected all things Spawn. So this would be a must have. I agreed with everyone. There are endless variants/ designs that could be made.

My concern is with Todd Mcfarlene. He is very hands on. He has had some issues in the past with his brand and Spawn has not been producing in the quantity it has in the past. However, Since Toys R Us s*** down, I have not seen any Mcfarlene toys out there other than the gamer and NFL lines in Target.

This would definitely be a great collaboration between Brian and Todd. I just hope Funko can find that balance between Pop cuteness and the detail Todd brings To his Spawns line.

Like I said in your other thread I would love to see a deluxe Spawn pop with a ridiculous flowing cape on top of a steeple. Something that would put the Jim Lee Batman to shame.

Man I completely agree with you - I will say this. Even if Todd McFarlane is hands on which it has been proven that he is TREMENDOUSLY hands on (see the new movie for an example.. he penned the script) - I think that there could be a arrangement that could work out between McFarlane and Funko.

I will say I don't see him providing the license to Funko indefinitely but I do think that Todd would go for a Spawn run. This would probably have to be a limited edition PX Exclusive - Maybe a 10k-20k run. I don't see him just allowing indefinite production of a Spawn Funko POP.

This is a POP that I'd ultimately love to have a Glow Variant right off the bat. lol announce it as a Glow variant.

It's been proven Todd is ELITE with character design and I think that if he also had a hand in designing the Spawn Funko POP! even if it was a line of just maybe 1-3 POP! - it would one be beautiful two sell out because Todd has a pretty dedicated fan base to spawn.

Definitely agree! I think Mcfarlene will only allow a short line. The first one will possibly be a SDCC exclusive GITD limited run. Followed by a few commons. Maybe even one on the pop up shop. But thats as far as I see this goinng with Todd’s hands in the mix.

Not to be pessimistic but with the fan base Mcfarlene has this would be one you have to get when it drops or itll be gone forever as the price goes up.

PopPChulo

Postby PopPChulo » Sun Dec 02, 2018 11:16 pm

SithLord wrote:
PopPChulo wrote:

Definitely agree! I think Mcfarlene will only allow a short line. The first one will possibly be a SDCC exclusive GITD limited run. Followed by a few commons. Maybe even one on the pop up shop. But thats as far as I see this goinng with Todd’s hands in the mix.

Not to be pessimistic but with the fan base Mcfarlene has this would be one you have to get when it drops or itll be gone forever as the price goes up.

Because Spawn is so huge in the comic world - I can imagine a Specialty Series Spawn no doubt. . but I think I would want a GITD Con exclusive spawn. This seems like something that should have happened a long time ago. I am so surprised that it hasn't tbh. If they want to start off slow - then just give me Spawn and a Spawn Pop Ride with him on the motorcycle and we are good to go :)
PopPChulo

"Creativity is all around you.. How you chose to use that creativity is at your disgression" - Pop-P Chulo

jigsaw

Postby jigsaw » Sun Dec 02, 2018 11:24 pm

PopPChulo wrote:Hey Funatics!

So we already have a "Comics" line from Funko which is great to have.. but this brings me to an even deeper topic. How many funatics would like a "Spawn" Funko POP! line - I feel like this is something that as a community many people have been waiting for.

I think that the style of Funko POP! would bring the best out of Spawn as a character - for me this could be the Comic version of Spawn or even the movie version of Spawn.

Think about how awesome a Metallic or Glow In The Dark variant would look? or maybe even a Movie Moment on the perch or a POP! Ride with Spawn on the Motorcycle with the Cape covering it?

How about you funatics?! What is your opinion!? is this something you want Funko to do?! Or is this not a good idea? Sound off why or why not BELOW!

give me a hell yeah on spawn pops!! would love to these!
SOME PEOPLE ARE SO UNGRATEFUL TO BE ALIVE.... BUT NOT YOU.... NOT ANYMORE.
ImageImage

IG: @Jigsaws_movie_room

Image ImageImage
ImageImage

Nemesis989

Postby Nemesis989 » Sun Dec 02, 2018 11:29 pm

I would like a violator for my pop collection :)
Thank you everyone for this awesome community

PopPChulo

Postby PopPChulo » Sun Dec 02, 2018 11:30 pm

jigsaw wrote:
PopPChulo wrote:Hey Funatics!

So we already have a "Comics" line from Funko which is great to have.. but this brings me to an even deeper topic. How many funatics would like a "Spawn" Funko POP! line - I feel like this is something that as a community many people have been waiting for.

I think that the style of Funko POP! would bring the best out of Spawn as a character - for me this could be the Comic version of Spawn or even the movie version of Spawn.

Think about how awesome a Metallic or Glow In The Dark variant would look? or maybe even a Movie Moment on the perch or a POP! Ride with Spawn on the Motorcycle with the Cape covering it?

How about you funatics?! What is your opinion!? is this something you want Funko to do?! Or is this not a good idea? Sound off why or why not BELOW!

give me a hell yeah on spawn pops!! would love to these!

Spawn is so iconic you would have think they would have dropped it already - I feel like spawn is a must have if he drops!
PopPChulo

The1one1

Postby The1one1 » Sun Dec 02, 2018 11:54 pm

Abso-freaking-lutely!! The possibilities would be endless if they start a spawn line! Sign me up as well!!
Aloha! Call me Cliffy!
IG: The1one1

ImageImageImage ImageImage

SnackDaddy
HoF 2017 & CotY
HoF 2017 & CotY

Postby SnackDaddy » Sun Dec 02, 2018 11:55 pm

I asked Todd if he would ever work with funko to make a spawn pop and he said

"Why would i let another company make my toy when I make the greatest toys in the world?"

i'm sure he's changed his mind since this was like 4 years ago
Houssein aka Huse aka SnackDaddy

yanban

Postby yanban » Mon Dec 03, 2018 12:00 am

The Popfather wrote:Spawn would look great in Pop form. I feel like it would be one that looks way better out of box than in box like the Hellboy ones.

I agree. Spawn would look awesome and would be great out of the box.

yanban

Postby yanban » Mon Dec 03, 2018 12:01 am

SnackDaddy wrote:I asked Todd if he would ever work with funko to make a spawn pop and he said

"Why would i let another company make my toy when I make the greatest toys in the world?"

I can see that. Are McFarlane toys still around?

MrSmileyFace

Postby MrSmileyFace » Mon Dec 03, 2018 2:00 am

Honestly, I think it’s wishful thinking on Funko collectors that he will ever let Spawn be made as a Funko pop. I’m sure he’s seen how Rob Liefields Deadpool pops have been made with the 100 variants from a Deadpool cheerleader to a mermaid and that he would never allow Spawn to be portrayed like that or have a Christmas Spawn holding a stocking and a present (ie: Hulk)
I hope to be proved wrong but as mentioned, he already had his own toy line that’s successful and gets a bigger piece of the profit
- Ray
Instagram: grail_collector
Funko funatic Rookie of the Year nominee 2019

ImageImage

bspears82

Postby bspears82 » Mon Dec 03, 2018 4:18 am

That list is great i can see everyone of those being made.

SnackDaddy
HoF 2017 & CotY
HoF 2017 & CotY

Postby SnackDaddy » Mon Dec 03, 2018 10:28 am

yanban wrote:
SnackDaddy wrote:I asked Todd if he would ever work with funko to make a spawn pop and he said

They used to have a retail store next to my business but they closed it down and just deal online. They just made some Fortnite figures, look pretty sick too.
Houssein aka Huse aka SnackDaddy

yanban

Postby yanban » Mon Dec 03, 2018 10:44 am

SnackDaddy wrote:
yanban wrote:

They used to have a retail store next to my business but they closed it down and just deal online. They just made some Fortnite figures, look pretty sick too.

Their stuff was really cool and detailed. But I never really saw a ton of folks collecting.

Mr Yac

Postby Mr Yac » Mon Dec 03, 2018 3:05 pm

yanban wrote:
Their stuff was really cool and detailed. But I never really saw a ton of folks collecting.

you weren't looking in the right places then, McFarlane toys dominated the collectors market in the 90's and early 00's.

SithLord

Postby SithLord » Mon Dec 03, 2018 3:16 pm

I was a big time spawn collector until my kids were born. Then i stopped seeing them in stores. Then Toys R Us closed and that was it. I havent found any since other than online.

yanban

Postby yanban » Mon Dec 03, 2018 4:40 pm

Mr Yac wrote:
yanban wrote:

you weren't looking in the right places then, McFarlane toys dominated the collectors market in the 90's and early 00's.

You are probably right - I might have just missed it.

JJLecaros

Postby JJLecaros » Mon Dec 03, 2018 5:09 pm

spawn would be great and hopefully we get a angela from marvel.

deejaylunchbox

Postby deejaylunchbox » Mon Dec 03, 2018 5:46 pm

Yeah With it being a McFarlane property and him being notoriously greedy It'll be a long fought battle to Get Spawn.

Shame really.
• Funko Fiends PSW President •
• Pøps.Føød.Shœs.Rεpεατ •
• there's no way everybody was Kung-Fu fighting •

ImageImage

Mr Yac

Postby Mr Yac » Mon Dec 03, 2018 6:39 pm

yanban wrote:You are probably right - I might have just missed it.

the movie maniacs line was especially huge, was pretty much the first time those characters were done with adult collectors in mind.

theoneupper02

Postby theoneupper02 » Mon Dec 03, 2018 6:57 pm

I hope Funko reads this and goes with it!
Bobby

ISO: High end GOT and DBZ

Image Image Image

PopPChulo

Postby PopPChulo » Mon Dec 03, 2018 8:22 pm

theoneupper02 wrote:I hope Funko reads this and goes with it!

Not only do I want funko to read this but I want Todd McFarlane to read this and then agree to allow the license to be used so I can have a SPAWN in my collection! :freddy2: :freddy2: :freddy2: :freddy2:
PopPChulo

SithLord

Postby SithLord » Tue Dec 04, 2018 8:02 am

PopPChulo wrote:
theoneupper02 wrote:I hope Funko reads this and goes with it!

Not only do I want funko to read this but I want Todd McFarlane to read this and then agree to allow the license to be used so I can have a SPAWN in my collection! :freddy2: :freddy2: :freddy2: :freddy2:

Me too bro!! This needs to happen!!

Jezter
Collector of the Month
Collector of the Month

Postby Jezter » Tue Dec 04, 2018 8:05 am

I'd buy a Spawn pop in a heartbeat!
Hey I'm John! :joker:

Pops!- 716ish
Dorbz: 34
Mystery Minis: 33
Vinyl Idolz: 2
Hikari: 1
Mini-Hikari: 1
Instagram: courtjezter

This Is Where A Really Neat Signature Is Going To Go....Eventually...Maybe.

Xenomorph

Postby Xenomorph » Tue Dec 04, 2018 9:46 am

Sadly I don't think this will happen, but I would definitely buy it in a heartbeat if it did!

Jortega321

Postby Jortega321 » Tue Dec 04, 2018 10:36 am

I don’t think Todd will ever allow it.
2013 NYCC
2014 1st Pop at NYCC
2014 NYCC
2015 NYCC
2016 NYCC
2017 NYCC
2018 NYCC
2018 1st Proto at NYCC Fugitive Party
2019 NY Toy Fair
2019 NYCC
2021 NYCC
2022 SMF1, SMF2 and SMF Soda
2022 NYCC
2022 Fright Night II

http://www.instagram.com/jersey_jorge

Jortega321

Postby Jortega321 » Tue Dec 04, 2018 10:37 am

Jezter wrote:I'd buy a Spawn pop in a heartbeat!

Same!
2013 NYCC
2014 1st Pop at NYCC
2014 NYCC
2015 NYCC
2016 NYCC
2017 NYCC
2018 NYCC
2018 1st Proto at NYCC Fugitive Party
2019 NY Toy Fair
2019 NYCC
2021 NYCC
2022 SMF1, SMF2 and SMF Soda
2022 NYCC
2022 Fright Night II

http://www.instagram.com/jersey_jorge

Thrillofthehunt

Postby Thrillofthehunt » Tue Dec 04, 2018 1:13 pm

omg yes! this would sell like crazy if they did it. It might be a sure thing when the blumhouse movie comes out, will bring Spawn to a whole new audience
:freddy3: Image ImageImage

deetran24

Postby deetran24 » Tue Dec 04, 2018 1:42 pm

These will be incredible pops, i used to love this comic and all Image comics
Lakers|Pops|Lakers :freddy3:
Fundays: 2018|2019
Favorite Sets: The Office|F.R.I.E.N.D.S.|Saved By The Bell|GOT|

PopPChulo

Postby PopPChulo » Tue Dec 04, 2018 8:50 pm

Jortega321 wrote:I don’t think Todd will ever allow it.

Imma need Todd to knock it off and allow Spawn to get Pop-a-tized!
PopPChulo

PopPChulo

Postby PopPChulo » Sun Jan 20, 2019 7:21 pm

deetran24 wrote:These will be incredible pops, i used to love this comic and all Image comics

If you could choose only 3 Spawn Pops to be in the starting line up - What would they be?
PopPChulo

Nooklin

Postby Nooklin » Sun Jan 20, 2019 7:39 pm

Clown for sure!!!

tlaloc666

Postby tlaloc666 » Sun Jan 20, 2019 7:49 pm

at toy fair of 2016 the put a bobblehead prototype, but they never release him

Kyko here !!

Tik tok : @kyko_tj
Tijuana The Happiest Place on Earth !!

Funko events attended
Fundays 2015
Fundays 2016
Funko Fright Night
Fundays 2017
Premiere Making Fun
Fundays 2018
Fundays 2019
HQ Hollywood Opening 2019
ECCC VIrtual Con 2020
Summer Virtual Con 2020
Funkon 2021
Fundays 2021
Funko Fright Night 2 NYC 2022

SithLord

Postby SithLord » Sun Jan 20, 2019 10:48 pm

PopPChulo wrote:
deetran24 wrote:These will be incredible pops, i used to love this comic and all Image comics

If you could choose only 3 Spawn Pops to be in the starting line up - What would they be?

Bro!! Back in the day when the action figures came out, it was Spawn, Medieval Spawn, and Violator(clown).. I think that would be an awesome start and pay homage to Mr. Mcfarlene’s original vision. Then from there, sky is the limit!! Al Simmons, Spawn with no mask, GITD Spawn, Angela.. and the list goes on!!

PhoenixForce

Postby PhoenixForce » Sun Jan 20, 2019 11:42 pm

:wwe12: :hello2:

Hi, I'm JASON!
You can follow me on Instagram: @jpg_rising or on Twitter: @jpg_rising
I also have an Instagram just for my Funko Photography: @PhoenixForcePhotos
I've been collecting since 2013: It started with Marvel and quickly became a collection of, a little bit of everything in between!

Hauckbuster007

Postby Hauckbuster007 » Mon Jan 21, 2019 12:07 am

Buffalow32 wrote:maybe when the new movie comes out.

I love your picture caption on your signature line. Did you design that all yourself? I just wanted to tell you how cool I thought it was.
Hulk Smash!
Member: KY Funko League of Awesomeness
IG: @HauckBuster007
IG: @SuperFunkoBros
Favorite Character: Incredible Hulk

Hauckbuster007

Postby Hauckbuster007 » Mon Jan 21, 2019 12:09 am

I would love to see a SPAWN Pop but all I have seen is the diehard fans customize some of them such as the one below.

Hulk Smash!
Member: KY Funko League of Awesomeness
IG: @HauckBuster007
IG: @SuperFunkoBros
Favorite Character: Incredible Hulk

Return to “Pop!”